Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? (18960 Views)

Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
Reference:
As long as God can raise up stones, shows that he does not partake in the discrimination and ridiculous laws and sentiments of men. God is in a real hurry to save mankind. I seriously doubt if He will be picky
Reference post=77724231:
As long as God can raise up stones, shows that he does not partake in the discrimination and ridiculous laws and sentiments of men. God is in a real hurry to save mankind. I seriously doubt if He will be picky as to who does His Works.
I wonder what you have been thought. The bible says Revelation 22:11 KJV
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
A time comes that All men will answer 4 themselves.
If God does not care who does his work while then did He say
Aaron lineage should be Priest
While do pastors need to be called by God?
While not you start a church today as to who does His Works.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by folks4luv(f): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
You are very wise. Actually, lots of people do not know how to red the bible and really understand. There are rules guiding Bible interpretation but people are too lazy to really study.
It is really well with the Christians of this generation.
Richy4:

You don't know your bible man... Go to the book of judges... and look it up...

I wish you understand English properly... U will see that 1 Tim 2 vs 12, Paul was making use of " I" I DO NOT PERMIT IT..". meaning that it was Paul himself that was saying he will not premit women to speak... not the holyspirit.. or something. . Just simple english language... u should learn to read your bible and distinguish when a character in it was speaking in his own accord and when he was lead by the spirit... I am guessing that it's not every thing the pastor says that u believed right? So also Paul is human like u....
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Fsharp54(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Winningways01:
While the Bible does not support the practice of women serving as pastors, numerous passages speak clearly and forcibly to the inherent worth and value of women. Women in the New Testament engaged in significant ministry, performing valuable service in sometimes-difficult situations. This is readily seen in the Acts of the Apostles. Both Priscilla and Aquila spoke privately to Apollos at Ephesus (Acts 18:24-26), correcting his incomplete and flawed theology. Further, women clearly played a significant role in the work of the Apostle Paul. In his letter to the Romans, Paul identified sixteen significant helpers in ministry (16:1-16), and at least ten of them were women. Who knows what the health of the church at Philippi would have been were it not for Lydia (Acts 16:13-15), apparently a benefactor to the church, and others such as Euodia and Syntyche (Phil. 4:2-3)? And of course, women made a significant contribution to Jesus' ministry. Luke recalled with appreciation their financial support and company with Him (Luke 8:1-3).

The question at hand is not whether women are of equal value to men, nor is it whether they can minister effectively. It is, rather, the nature of their ministry in the church. More specifically, it is permissible for a woman to serve as senior pastor?

The place to begin in this, as in other biblical questions, is to ask, "What does the Bible say?" Even a cursory reading of the pertinent texts reveals three important observations: 1) there were no known women pastors in New Testament times; 2) none of the instructions regarding church order include instructions for women pastors; and 3) some texts on church order explicitly forbid women to occupy that role. Paul, in 1 Tim. 2:12, states, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man" (NIV) . This verse is introduced by a statement that women should learn "in silence," and it is followed by the statement that "she must be silent." The word silence means being possessed by a calmness of spirit and peaceful disposition. It is set as the opposite to "teaching" and "having authority over a man." Paul does not expect that women will not or can not learn or teach (compare with Titus 2:3-5 and 2 Tim. 1:5; 3:14,15). He states that they cannot teach or have authority over men. Thus, they cannot have a pastoral position, or perform the pastoral function, for that puts them in authority over men.

It is logical to conclude, therefore, that the issue would not be raised today if discussion of the parameters for pastoral leadership were confined to the biblical record.

Your views are highly welcomed.

If God never wanted a woman to preach then he wouldn't have anointed them because there are some female ministers/prophetess that are stated in the Bible example is "Anna the prophetess" (Luke 2;38). And we also Know it's only God that's calls a person to ministry (Heb. 5:4) and if the Bible did call her a prophetess then surely she was anointed by God to be a prophetess and God can't contradict himself.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by HitSong: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
jcross19:
heyah don't be angry when gods of the land want to kill someone they will make him to run mad first before they strike him to death so bros you need deliverance from spirit of insanity.
Go f*ck yourself

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by CandidSeeker(m): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
[quote author=famouscargo4u post=77729670][/quote]

Read The Text Below Slowly For Better Comprehension.

Galatians 3:27-29 KJV
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

-Peace.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by CandidSeeker(m): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
CandidSeeker:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

-Peace.

famouscargo4u
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by famouscargo4u: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
CandidSeeker:

-Peace.

I know this text like the back of my hand. You should read the text Gal. 3 from verse 20 for you to understand better. Before that moment, their were slaves who had been converted along their masters. There was still Jewel and Greeks dichotomy . The Jews claims to be the custodian of the Law qnd superior to the Grecian Christians. Hence, there was need to point it out them that they are all children of God in Christ Jesus and are same with no superior, hope you get this clearer now?
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Rajosh(m): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
If women shouldn't preach,why did God empower women like Amie McPherson, Katherine Kuhlman etc
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by dalass(f): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
Winningways01:
exactly I'm a Christian but Islamic religion followed this instruction no Islamic females preaches in the mosque
What a comparison! Christian women must now join their Muslim counterparts by seating at the back of the men and wearing purdah too. Nonsense sad angry angry
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by CandidSeeker(m): 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
famouscargo4u:

I know this text like the back of my hand. You should read the text Gal. 3 from verse 20 for you to understand better. Before that moment, their were slaves who had been converted along their masters. There was still Jewel and Greeks dichotomy . The Jews claims to be the custodian of the Law qnd superior to the Grecian Christians. Hence, there was need to point it out them that they are all children of God in Christ Jesus and are same with no superior, hope you get this clearer now?

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Winningways01:
exactly I'm a Christian but Islamic religion followed this instruction no Islamic females preaches in the mosque
Katherine Kuma was used by God is God the author of confusion? We have to be very careful when interpreting scriptures because Islam and Christianity are two different thing. One of the backbone of the church is the holy spirit. He is not the author of confusion

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
If you read through the Bible who are those referred to as servants or saints? Servants and saints are teachers of the gospel, if you like call them preachers of the word. Now go to Romans 16:1-2where the same Paul mentions PHE-BE, as a servant of the church at Cenchrea. If you read and understand it, you will see that Paul commands that SISTER Phebe be received in the Lord as a saint. Now read down (vs. 3) Paul mentions AQUILA and PRISCILLA whom he refers to as helpers. What am I trying to say? Phebe was a preacher and a saint. Aquilla and Priscilla were helpers as well. There is another Bible portion that talks about a woman who preached the gospel, I will post it when I see it. Any woman who claims the Lord spoke to her to preach should be given a chance, if she is of good fruit, then why should anyone stop or condemn her?
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by iamuye(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
QuickStandard:
I have no time now to into details, cos am on my way to church.

But if you take a deeper look, from the scripture you quoted, you will see that Paul only expressed his own human views

just like every other passage in the bible. . it's based on human views

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Rajman45(m): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Richy4:

Before u wet your pants, Those were letters written to churches and to his best friend Timothy... and those were his teachings... why are u guys acting as if all what he was saying / teaching was directed from the holyspirit and he has no say on his own accord? Is he not human like u and me?... All I am saying is that he is entitled to his opinion and was teaching what he felt was right?

Please go back to the front page and read that 1 Tim 2 vs 12 that op quoted and tell me what you make out of the English language there...it is a simple phrase.. then u come back to me..

I believe that u understand simple Phrases correctly, before quoting nd directing me to read the op statement again.
Without missing words, Should a person opinion which u believed is wrongfully stated be part of a Holy book. I thought the Bible was inspired by God, and everything stated are all words of God.
Please don't get urself confused and follow the scripture directly to learn the truth. Women are not allowed to preach or hold key positions like Pastors in the church.. Period..... Wise up.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Habeyy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Greatzeus:
Most of us still don't understand what great sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf,and what he achieved,when we do,we will then truly be as gods.
In Christianity,there is no tribe,no race,no gender discrimination before God. Jesus didn't pay more price for males than females and vice versa. A woman can old any position in church just as men do,as long as she is qualified.
thumbs up bro
most don't know the meaning of Christianity which simply means "Christ" like

They don't know the meaning of grace
What it cost God
The sacrifice Jesus took

No taboo
I repeat no taboo in Christianity
Let christians stop counting this and that as taboo
Because,simply put,the grace we enjoy today isn't originally for us,it was meant for Jews but for the failings of Jews ,we qualify for that love
He that lacks knowledge should read the bible thoroughly and pray in the holy spirit for knowledge and wisdom
Lastly ,let all modern Christian stop blaming themselves for the sins committed by Jews
Old things have passed away and all things are made new
My ten cent thou
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Habeyy(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Katherine Kuma was used by God is God the author of confusion? We have to be very careful when interpreting scriptures because Islam and Christianity are two different thing. One of the backbone of the church is the holy spirit. He is not the author of confusion
i can't just understand why so called Christian folk equate laws in Islam to the evident grace in Christ
By this,you know the exact knowledge they possess
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Habeyy:
i can't just understand why so called Christian folk equate laws in Islam to the evident grace in Christ
By this,you know the exact knowledge they possess
Their ways are totally different from our ways. Their laws are rigid with less flexibility hence we can't be compared to them. They stick to their laws in their holy books while we ask questions regarding certain laws to keep. This involves speaking with the father in heaven for the interpretation of the scriptures because our God is not the author of confusion. He works with the way we can absorb information from him that is way he reveal himself differently to people. The way in revealed himself to Abraham is different from Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Elisha, Paul and host of other prophets. The way he revealed himself to Winners is different from MFM, deeper life, Spirit and life Bible church, and among others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Rajman45(m): 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
If you read through the Bible who are those referred to as servants or saints? Servants and saints are teachers of the gospel, if you like call them preachers of the word. Now go to Romans 16:1-2where the same Paul mentions PHE-BE, as a servant of the church at Cenchrea. If you read and understand it, you will see that Paul commands that SISTER Phebe be received in the Lord as a saint. Now read down (vs. 3) Paul mentions AQUILA and PRISCILLA whom he refers to as helpers. What am I trying to say? Phebe was a preacher and a saint. Aquilla and Priscilla were helpers as well. There is another Bible portion that talks about a woman who preached the gospel, I will post it when I see it. Any woman who claims the Lord spoke to her to preach should be given a chance, if she is of good fruit, then why should anyone stop or condemn her?
Are you now telling us that Apostle Paul is contradicting himself
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
demmy66:
it is because the quran talked about all the prophets from the beginning of Adam to muhammed(saw). the quran says Abraham, Moses, Jesus and muhammed came to preach one message to worship GOD. The quran is a chain of Continued message of Moses and jesus

What am saying is even inside your quran jews carry first but arab carry last inside. No way to change that.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
HitSong:

Lol
Like I give a fùck about who's fighting for what thousands of kilometres away.

Pele!
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
You got a Bible right? The verses I gave is very short, just read and see for yourself. That's why any man that stops a woman who says she has the call should be ready on judgment day. God will ask such a man cuz he didn't search the scriptures well.
Rajman45:

Are you now telling us that Apostle Paul is contradicting himself
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Yeah too many doctrines, hence the proper thing to do is choose the doctrine which you feel is the truth, your Bible is available to guide as well.
InvertedHammer:
/
How idiotic to let the rules purportedly set in about 2000 years ago be the guiding principle in this day and age? We have many denominations in Christianity because people started picking holes in the book of coercion called Bible. The Bible is a collection of history, stories, fantasy, proverbs, erotica, letters, predictions and revelation. Any bias formed can be confirmed in the Bible. How do you change the mindset of someone who had been indoctrinated and programmed with the Bible since childhood? Therein lies the problem. The same way it is difficult to convince Muslims, Buddhists, etc otherwise. A religion that claims to be the truth and only truth yet finds it difficult to unite on a common ground is a fraud. The division in Christianity is too embarrassing to take it serious. Catholics vs Protestants vs Baptists vs Methodist vs Pentecostal vs Evangelical vs Lutheran vs Adventist...and on and on. There are differences that gave rise to the multiple denominations. Too many freaking doctrines.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Shinjitsu: 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
Please tell me one Godly religion that's a woman is their leader?
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by benji93: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
And who told you they were white, given that he was a jew(of that era), the least amount of pigmentation he could have had puts him in the brown category.
Satan66:

Exactly because blacks were being enslaved angry
You worship and praise a man that did nothing to save your ancestors.
You believe he died for your sins while your ancestors were being used servants and human toys.
Funny
All of Jesus disciples were white, no black, no Asian.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by benji93: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
I am surprised you don't recognize the distinction, preaching the gospel is not the same as leading a church.
LilMissFavvy:
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by benji93: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
giving that you are suggesting that Paul could have been expressing his opinion, without inspiration by the holyspirit, then how can you tell which part of his work was actually inspired by the holyspirit?
Richy4:

Before u wet your pants, Those were letters written to churches and to his best friend Timothy... and those were his teachings... why are u guys acting as if all what he was saying / teaching was directed from the holyspirit and he has no say on his own accord? Is he not human like u and me?... All I am saying is that he is entitled to his opinion and was teaching what he felt was right?

Please go back to the front page and read that 1 Tim 2 vs 12 that op quoted and tell me what you make out of the English language there...it is a simple phrase.. then u come back to me..

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
How idiotic to let the rules purportedly set in about 2000 years ago be the guiding principle in this day and age? We have many denominations in Christianity because people started picking holes in the book of coercion called Bible. The Bible is a collection of history, stories, fantasy, proverbs, erotica, letters, predictions and revelation Any bias formed can be confirmed in the Bible. How do you change the mindset of someone who had been indoctrinated and programmed with the Bible since childhood? Therein lies the problem. The same way it is difficult to convince Muslims, Buddhists, etc otherwise. A religion that claims to be the truth and only truth yet finds it difficult to unite on a common ground is a fraud. The division in Christianity is too embarrassing to take it serious. Catholics vs Protestants vs Baptists vs Methodist vs Pentecostal vs Evangelical vs Lutheran vs Adventist...and on and on. There are differences that gave rise to the multiple denominations. Too many freaking doctrines.

/
Nice one cool
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
Did you read ist Timothy 2:11-12? It condemns a woman preaching or leading a church. Then if you read
the portion I typed earlier ie Romans 16:1-2, it contradicts the former verse
Phebe was a servant and a saint. Guess you know who a servant and saint is. While Aquilla and Priscilla were helpers of the church. I may not wish to try to explain what a helper of church means, but what is seen in Romans 16:1-2 is self explanatory. ''Distinction about preaching/leading'' like you stated is condemned for a woman to do in the former verses, whereas in the later portion of Bible we see a diff thing.
benji93:
I am surprised you don't recognize the distinction, preaching the gospel is not the same as leading a church.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by InvertedHammer: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Yeah too many doctrines, hence the proper thing to do is choose the doctrine which you feel is the truth, your Bible is available to guide as well.
/
The more you read the Bible, the more you stay away from Christianity. There are too many contradictions.

The Bible says in Rev. 14:1-4 that only 144,000 faithfuls will make it to heaven. Really? The only people redeemed from the earth. Let the Bible be your guide? Oh well.

At this juncture, feel free to twist, wrap and embellish this verse to fit your narratives. That's Christianity for you.

It doesn't help that most Christians have never read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. The pastors pick the verses they want to harp on, read it and the brainwashing starts.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Funny you. Well, God is capable to expand the size of heaven if more faithfuls can make heaven. If you are a Christian, don't let the different doctrines discourage you, pick one from the several which you mentioned above and practice, while your Bible serves as your guide as well. Dats my point.
InvertedHammer:

/
The more you read the Bible, the more you stay away from Christianity. There are too many contradictions.

The Bible says in Rev. 14:1-4 that only 144,000 faithfuls will make it to heaven. Really? The only people redeemed from the earth. Let the Bible be your guide? Oh well.

At this juncture, feel free to twist, wrap and embellish this verse to fit your narratives. That's Christianity for you.

It doesn't help that most Christians have never read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. The pastors pick the verses they want to harp on, read it and the brainwashing starts.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by InvertedHammer: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Funny you. Well, God is capable to expand the size of heaven if more faithfuls can make heaven. If you are a Christian, don't let the different doctrines discourage you, pick one from the several which you mentioned above and practice, while your Bible serves as your guide as well. Dats my point.
/
God didn't tell you that he will expand the size of heaven. You just reduced it to mere speculation. Do you know what God is thinking? Thought like this is what gave rise to multiple denominations in Christianity.

Speculation! Speculation!! Speculation!!!

You cherish heaven but a gunshot at ABC street, everyone runs away because they don't want to go to heaven. If Christians sincerely believe in heaven, they can't wait to be martyrs. Most people are in it because of the fear of missing out if it turns out to be true. Otherwise, they don't give a crap.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kokoebapluse(m): 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
According to the Bible female have no right to talk to man. So all female pastor are going to hell, what am I saying self? All christain are going to hell because they don't obey( Allah)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Is Too Much Profit A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.