Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? (18989 Views)

Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
Yeah, at the sound of a gunshot one's gotta run for safety cuz no one wants to die Young, especially when you have not fulfilled destiny.But anyone who doesn't mind dying young can stay behind. All men are mortals. Nothing like speculation here o, or you think if more faithfuls make heaven God will send them to hell........?
InvertedHammer:

/
God didn't tell you that he will expand the size of heaven. You just reduced it to mere speculation. Do you know what God is thinking? Thought like this is what gave rise to multiple denominations in Christianity.

Speculation! Speculation!! Speculation!!!

You cherish heaven but a gunshot at ABC street, everyone runs away because they don't want to go to heaven.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by InvertedHammer: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Yeah, at the sound of a gunshot one's gotta run for safety cuz no one wants to die Young, especially when you have not fulfilled destiny.But anyone who doesn't mind dying young can stay behind. All men are mortals. Nothing like speculation here o, or you think if more faithfuls make heaven God will send them to hell........?
/
I don't know. You don't know.

But instead of admitting that we are both ignorant, you decided to make it up as you go. Will God send them away? Ask him or her. The biggest surprise will be to find out that God is a woman. Don't you think?

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
dalass:

What a comparison! Christian women must now join their Muslim counterparts by seating at the back of the men and wearing purdah too. Nonsense sad angry angry

a key that opens any lock is called a MASTER KEY... but a LOCK opened by different KEYS is useless...

Seek for knowledge and wisdom and be guided angry
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmm, why do you deviate from what was discussed earlier? At this point I rest my case o, because I dont like this God is a male or female issue o.
InvertedHammer:

/
I don't know. You don't know.

But instead of admitting that we are both ignorant, you decided to make it up as you go. Will God send them away? Ask him or her. The biggest surprise will be to find out that God is a woman. Don't you think?

/

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by InvertedHammer: 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Hmm, why do you deviate from what was discussed earlier? At this point I rest my case o, because I dont like this God is a male or female issue o.
/
Uncomfortable right? It falls within the realm of our ignorance about God. You just proved it. We are scared of facing the truth or worse, that our shared beliefs are balderdash.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nope, not uncomfortable at all, I can give you facts with biblical backups, but I dont see a need to deviate. Pls if you aren't a believer, give your life to Christ, God is real, I have reasons fr saying so.
InvertedHammer:

/
Uncomfortable right? It falls within the realm of our ignorance about God. You just proved it. We are scared of facing the truth or worse, that our shared beliefs are balderdash.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Nope, not uncomfortable at all, I can give you facts with biblical backups, but I dont see a need to deviate. Pls if you aren't a believer, give your life to Christ, God is real, I have reasons fr saying so.
I like your perception cool
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Richy4(m): 2:08am On Apr 22, 2019
Rajman45:

I believe that u understand simple Phrases correctly, before quoting nd directing me to read the op statement again.
Without missing words, Should a person opinion which u believed is wrongfully stated be part of a Holy book. I thought the Bible was inspired by God, and everything stated are all words of God.
Please don't get urself confused and follow the scripture directly to learn the truth. Women are not allowed to preach or hold key positions like Pastors in the church.. Period..... Wise up.

I know English language is not your first language try reading 1 Tim 2 vs 11 in your mother tongue this time.. even telling u to read it in Message Bible in English will be a waste of time because u won't understand...

Act 15 vs 36-40 When Paul had a heated argument with Barnabas on whom to choose while going on their missionary journey... was it inspired by God or was that his own opinion ? ..was that the holyspirit directing / inspiring them to argue angrily... just asking u since u assumed that every thing u read in the bible was inspired by God...
When God regretted that he has made man... was that inspired by him...? Because according to you every thing u see in the bible was inspired by God...

And who didn't allow women to hold KEY POSITIONS OR PREACH IN CHURCH HOLYSPIRT OR PAUL?
When the Bible said in Joel 2 vs 28-29...In the last days I will pour out my spirit on all flesh... your son and your Daughter shall prophesy.... Were women excluded in that gift?
When it happened on the day of pentecost... Did the holyspirit select only men because they were the ones to only preach in the house of the lord...? In case if u said no the holyspirit did not select only men.. then what will women be doing with their gifts of prophesy.. . .. seat at home wash nappies and be silent in the church because the gift given to them by the Same holyspirit was inferior to that of the men ...?

I Wish that God should give you the wisdom to understand while reading his words... Because the spirit of understanding is what you needed at this time... please don't argue blindly with me without facts from the Bible just in case u wanna quote me again...

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Richy4(m): 2:36am On Apr 22, 2019
benji93:
giving that you are suggesting that Paul could have been expressing his opinion, without inspiration by the holyspirit, then how can you tell which part of his work was actually inspired by the holyspirit?

God's wisdom is needed while reading his words man not only the New testaments..even the old testament.

Check out 1 corth. 7 vs 1-8.. he was acting as the marriage Councillor though he was single... He was giving his own opinion on what he felt an ideal marriage should be like.. he even said he wished everyone was single..... Just read it...try it in Message Bible because the English there is kinda self explanatory... it desolve all doubt.. Paul is human... and he isn't different from any man that God was using as his vessel around the world... Only that he suffered more for Christ's sakes..

Paul wrote his teachings which I have no doubt was inspired by Holyspirit ... but some of it was in his own opinion just like Some Good Pastors that write Books... which they said was inspired by God... if u follow some of their teaching.. it helps really well for spiritual growth but some part of their write ups, U might find it difficult to rap your hands around it... Just like this teaching of Paul about women holding position in church...

If u read Joel 2.. u will find out when he was prophesying that in the last days... Spirit will be poured on all human.. no one was excluded.. when it happened on the day of pentecost.. women where also there... they were not excluded... If such gift was given to women by the holyspirit ' himself ' do u think such gift was given so that they can sit and do nothing with it?...
A lot of people read the bible like that Ethiopian Prince whom Philip encountered in Act 8 vs 26-28... they read it like literature but don't understand..

Every one including me should pray for wisdom while reading his words... because if u read a potion today and digest it nicely . it might mean another thing tomorrow if u read that same potion... that is bible...it speaks on situation and circumstances differently...That's why I like that book..
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by InvertedHammer: 5:52am On Apr 22, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
/
My life belongs to God.

/
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by dalass(f): 6:56am On Apr 22, 2019
Winningways01:

a key that opens any lock is called a MASTER KEY... but a LOCK opened by different KEYS is useless...

Seek for knowledge and wisdom and be guided angry
Balderdash tongue
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by benji93: 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
I am afraid there is no contradiction between Timothy 2 and ROmans 16, perhaps you need to check the root meaning of deacon/deaconness as applied to early christians, do not check the modern connotation. A deaconness ministers to the physical needs of the members of the church. Please always interprete words in the context of the eras in which they where supposedly made. Shalom.
LilMissFavvy:
Did you read ist Timothy 2:11-12? It condemns a woman preaching or leading a church. Then if you read
the portion I typed earlier ie Romans 16:1-2, it contradicts the former verse
Phebe was a servant and a saint. Guess you know who a servant and saint is. While Aquilla and Priscilla were helpers of the church. I may not wish to try to explain what a helper of church means, but what is seen in Romans 16:1-2 is self explanatory. ''Distinction about preaching/leading'' like you stated is condemned for a woman to do in the former verses, whereas in the later portion of Bible we see a diff thing.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:25am On Apr 25, 2019
I dont know what you are talking about.
benji93:
I am afraid there is no contradiction between Timothy 2 and ROmans 16, perhaps you need to check the root meaning of deacon/deaconness as applied to early christians, do not check the modern connotation. A deaconness ministers to the physical needs of the members of the church. Please always interprete words in the context of the eras in which they where supposedly made. Shalom.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by benji93: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sorry it was a christian topic, about women leading in church, i saw your mention late, you don't have to reply.
LilMissFavvy:
I dont know what you are talking about.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
I still don't know what you are talking about. If you have any ideas to counter what I typed, make sure you do so with Bible portions. If you don't understand what I type you should ask questions. I use King James. Tanx.
benji93:
Sorry it was a christian topic, about women leading in church, i saw your mention late, you don't have to reply.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by benji93: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
tHe quoted was your coment. You cited Timothy 2:11-12, claiming that it contradicts Romans 16:1-2, Which is not true. Your preferred version King James designated her a succourer. If you check that word and contextualize, it means Phebe was a helper. Now, Paul explicitly ordered women to learn in silence, Paul's tone was not that of a suggestion, he was placing an order. Whenever Paul want's to make a suggestion, the opening phrases tell you it is for example verse 8 of the same chapter. Paul did not say that women cannot help the church in any capacity, it won't be wrong if they lead other women, but they cannot lead men(emphasis). Back to Romans, i am trying so hard to find the contradiction. Paul does not say, women are allowed to lead men in Romans,maybe you think calling them saints permits them to do so. NoNo, saintliness in the context of the Bible refers to someone close to God, the last i checked anyone, irrespective of sex is allowed to close to God, but that does not make you the leader of a church. Being a servant does not make you a leader either. In most churches there are pastors, Bishops and there are ushers, can ushers not be saintly, yes they can, but they are not the leaders. The verses are definitely not contradictory. Find something.
LilMissFavvy:
Did you read ist Timothy 2:11-12? It condemns a woman preaching or leading a church. Then if you read
the portion I typed earlier ie Romans 16:1-2, it contradicts the former verse
Phebe was a servant and a saint. Guess you know who a servant and saint is. While Aquilla and Priscilla were helpers of the church. I may not wish to try to explain what a helper of church means, but what is seen in Romans 16:1-2 is self explanatory. ''Distinction about preaching/leading'' like you stated is condemned for a woman to do in the former verses, whereas in the later portion of Bible we see a diff thing.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:15am On Apr 26, 2019
Saintliness in the context does not only mean those close to God, it also means those who lead God's children and the church. We have Saint Peter, Saint Paul, etc etc. The word ''saint'' is used sparingly in the Bible not anyhow. A saint is a succourer, yes, in that he or she helps, assists, etc. I quote you: ''for example verse 8'' I have checked both Timothy/Romans fr verse 8 I can find neither a suggestion or order from Paul. If Phebe was a helper, how about Priscilla and Aquilla? Paul's mentions about Phebe is totally different from that of the later two people. I observe you keep explaining the above passages I gave, needless you do dt cuz I can read and comprehend, so pls don't bother replying except you have biblical passages to back up. Tanx.
benji93:
tHe quoted was your coment. You cited Timothy 2:11-12, claiming that it contradicts Romans 16:1-2, Which is not true. Your preferred version King James designated her a succourer. If you check that word and contextualize, it means Phebe was a helper. Now, Paul explicitly ordered women to learn in silence, Paul's tone was not that of a suggestion, he was placing an order. Whenever Paul want's to make a suggestion, the opening phrases tell you it is for example verse 8 of the same chapter. Paul did not say that women cannot help the church in any capacity, it won't be wrong if they lead other women, but they cannot lead men(emphasis). Back to Romans, i am trying so hard to find the contradiction. Paul does not say, women are allowed to lead men in Romans,maybe you think calling them saints permits them to do so. NoNo, saintliness in the context of the Bible refers to someone close to God, the last i checked anyone, irrespective of sex is allowed to close to God, but that does not make you the leader of a church. Being a servant does not make you a leader either. In most churches there are pastors, Bishops and there are ushers, can ushers not be saintly, yes they can, but they are not the leaders. The verses are definitely not contradictory. Find something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Many "Likes" Would Send Many Lives To Hell! / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.