Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? (18987 Views)

Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by dalygoodfellow: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:
And some women support this sexist religion that see's a woman is less than a man angry(True)
Let's not forget that Jesus existed during a time of slavery of black men and did nothing angry
The Bible only talked about white people.
Believe at your own Perl
Brainwashed floks
God knows ur type will come up tomorrow with these arguments that's why he said clearly that he cometh not to abolish the law but to fulfil it
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by demmy66: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kdon2:

Se na copycat quran be religious book? All na history of Israelites (jews) not even Arab has 10% there!
it is because the quran talked about all the prophets from the beginning of Adam to muhammed(saw). the quran says Abraham, Moses, Jesus and muhammed came to preach one message to worship GOD. The quran is a chain of Continued message of Moses and jesus
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
That role of public speaking in church was given to men basically because they ought to learn how to lead by example in all aspects since they will be heading homes too.

That is why we say 'practice what you preach'.

It has nothing to do with which gender is better.
After all, there used to be prophetesses in bible times too.

Sadly, this 'privilege' given has been disgustingly abused.

How many males preach the truth?

How many males practise what they ought to preach?

Any male that steps on the platform to abuse the privilege given to him will be judged just like those pharisees.

One mad being stated up there that females ought to preach African culture instead of Christianity. I laugh.
Is it not the same African traditions that renders females as inferior and objects? Only a vegetable brained female will preach in support of such.

I will not blame some individuals here saying that Christianity is sexist. It actually isn't. The scriptures were written at a time were sexist cultures and practices were seen as normal. Compare all that with how Jesus Christ treated women from Mary and Martha, Mary magdalene, the lady at the well among others. The difference is clear.
That is the difference between Judaism and Christianity. Sadly, a lot of self proclaimed Christians practice the former.

Forget how Jesus Christ only selected males as his disciples. No compassionate man with good sense of judgement will do otherwise considering the herculean task of ministering from city to city on foot under the scotching sun.

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Richy4(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Rajman45:

So, Paul was only giving his own opinion, which later form part's of the Bible. It means that Paul opinion was wrong and the Bible contains wrong opinion from Apostles Paul ( from ur statement). This is getting very interesting

Before u wet your pants, Those were letters written to churches and to his best friend Timothy... and those were his teachings... why are u guys acting as if all what he was saying / teaching was directed from the holyspirit and he has no say on his own accord? Is he not human like u and me?... All I am saying is that he is entitled to his opinion and was teaching what he felt was right?

Please go back to the front page and read that 1 Tim 2 vs 12 that op quoted and tell me what you make out of the English language there...it is a simple phrase.. then u come back to me..
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Codes151(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
No!
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Iziquiel(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
QuickStandard:
I have no time now to into details, cos am on my way to church.

But if you take a deeper look, from the scripture you quoted, you will see that Paul only expressed his own human views
Yeah! All of the Bible chapters/verses are human views. Smh
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Codes151(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
No! Not as a pastor but preaching is for all
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Mizwisdom(f): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
Winningways01:
exactly I'm a Christian but Islamic religion followed this instruction no Islamic females preaches in the mosque

So Christians should now emulate a bondage religion? I don't think you're a Christian

If anyone convinces me that the Holy Spirit doesn't enter females too, then I'll agree that He can't inspire females to preach but if the Spirit of God, also lives in the heart of Godly women, then He can also inspire us to preach. Now there's no more segregation in man or woman, Jew or Gentile for Christ is all and He lives in all.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Mizwisdom(f): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
SheikhMuniru:
LET XTIANS EMULATE MUSLIMS AND ISLAM

Nairaland is too small, why not go to Rome and tell the Pope?
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Iziquiel(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
CandidSeeker:
Judges 4:4-5 KJV
And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Beth-el in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Galatians 3:27-28 KJV
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

-Peace.

Is the office of a Prophet/Prophetess and Teacher the same?
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Danhumprey: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
QuickStandard:

But if you take a deeper look, from the scripture you quoted, you will see that Paul only expressed his own human views

Is the Bible the infallible word of God in its entirety or is it the words of men(Paul and the other Bible authors/writers)? undecided
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Today is resurrection day and the message of resurrection was preached by a woman which happen to be the greatest message of hope and Jesus did not ask Mary to go and call one of the disciple so He can give him the message- "Do not hold on to me,” Jesus told her, “because I have not yet gone back up to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them that I am returning to him who is my Father and their Father, my God and their God.”
John 20:17 GNT
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Chiefqueenn(f): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
the bible is a sexist book,any feminist who says she's a christian is confused
I'm a feminist, I'm a Christian. I don't read the Bible anymore. grin. It was written by bush.it sexist men, not God.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Danhumprey:

Is the Bible the infallible word of God in its entirety or is it the words of men(Paul and the other Bible authors/writers)? undecided

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God , and is profitable for doctrine , for reproof , for correction , for instruction in righteousness , 2Timothy 3:16(NKJV)

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by famouscargo4u: 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
QuickStandard:

Remember that Paul had the inspiration from God and the Bible says All scripture is God's breath. It is very wrong for women to lead in the church. I am a Christian and o know this to be true. Something can be in existence for 1000 years and still be wrong.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by MJBOLT: 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
how can you be a christian and not read the bible undecided

Chiefqueenn:

I'm a feminist, I'm a Christian. I don't read the Bible anymore. grin. It was written by bush.it sexist men, not God.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by famouscargo4u: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
CandidSeeker:
Judges 4:4-5 KJV
And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Beth-el in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Galatians 3:27-28 KJV
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

-Peace.

Deborah was never a priestess in the synagogue. She was a judge in the nation of Israel and not in the temple. Galatians 3 explains no discrimination in the church as it was with Jess and Grecian Christians. We are one in spirit and not in leadership. I Tim 2: 8 made it clear about men leading prayers everywhere.

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Wai1: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
KJV:But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11:Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12:But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13:For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14:And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Tim.2:11-14
KJV:And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
KJV:For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
KJV:Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
33:For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34:Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.[color=#990000]1cor.14:33-34
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by achorladey: 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
This thread will aid will you in getting answer to the question

https://www.nairaland.com/3870623/what-basis-woman-made-pastor/1

Do read the thread from start to finish and likewise take care to see the sense of direction of the TWO PERSONALITY that discussed extensively and at length on the topic
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by jcross19: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
HitSong:
grin

Confused people
Engage them in any argument and they will turn the whole thing around and they'll start digressing into something else.

How can people who claims to be "Chrislike" share so many differences and believes?

They can't even agree among themselves angry

They'll tell you that "the Bible says" as if the Bible is the only religious book in this world.
You can't make any sense using your Bible to prove a point to someone who doesn't believe in it.
you are not making sense sir! Christian is not religion where you have same way of practice but is a personal relationship between you and your creator. if Christianity is a religion we can easily judge ourselves but bible have given us a warning not to judge anyone except the God who you have the relationship with determine how you relate with Him.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by HeyCorleone(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
danhiels:
at least on your own you should know God forbids homosexuality he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality he commanded the other 11 tribes of Israel to desolate their brother tribe of Benjamin because of homosexuality... God never destroyed any one or city for letting a woman lead or minister the gospel ....neither did he condemn it... it was condemned by men who did what they thought was right

I mean, the book of Exodus explicitly defines the relationship and place of women in the society. That's why they had to female priest. I see people making examples with Deborah and I'm perplexed. She was a judge and prophet. Doesn't mean she was entitled to speak at the temple. There's no record of God destroying any woman for preaching because no one ever dared.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by jcross19: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
I dey laugh una wey dey call themselves christian but to abide by the word of christ na wahala.
Wetin dey hard here? Bible don talk am say make women dey keep quiet for church but una mumu and over sabi no gree una.
I swear na on 0.1% go enter that heaven and I no go dey surprise if muslim plenty for heaven pass the so called christians.
we have different heavens ! Allah have its own and Jesus have His own
Muslims will go to Allah's heaven where brothels are allowed to be filled with strippers
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by HitSong: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
jcross19:
you are not making sense sir! Christian is not religion where you have same way of practice but is a personal relationship between you and your creator. if Christianity is a religion we can easily judge ourselves but bible have given us a warning not to judge anyone except the God who you have the relationship with determine how you relate with Him.
Shut up your mouth!
Stop fooling yourselves
Christianity is not a religion? It's a movie then. Go school, u nor gree, PLEASE TELL US THE DEFINITION OF A RELIGION.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Chiefqueenn(f): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
how can you be a christian and not read the bible undecided

Well, I was baptized in a 'church and I believe in God, that makes me a Christian, right? You are an atheist, but you've read the Bible well enough to know its a sexist book. It doesn't mean you're a Christian na.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Joshmodest:
I've told many people and i keep saying it. feminists should stay away from religion, because most religions especially Christianity and Islam are sexist ....
The Bible has so many books , which one was written by a woman ? only three books were titled after women and they were written by men I guess .
Jesus had 12 disciples any woman among them ?
When Jesus came to the earth we are made to believe ,he came in the body of a man !
The Bible urges women to worship thier husband's as thier second god....
The Bible presents women as one of the possessions of a man , when a man's wealth I to be talked about in the Bible , his number of wives were also mentioned e.g Solomon.
The Bible uses man in places when talking about a general situation like the women are irrelevant ....
The Bible clamps down heavily on non virgins ten times more than the men involved .
With all this few points , there is no question to the fact , that a woman's place in the church is to sit down , sing praise and worship , pay tithe and offering and go home !!!!

You seems to forget something, God is God and in Christianity it is not a venture, you don't partner with Him you worship Him. If he says a thing you obey not lean on your own understanding. The Bible says 1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV
1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Corinthians 1:25 KJV
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
I can go on and on and quote the scriptures for you if u wish.
The truth is we just follow the word of God.
We get to understand it by and by
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
QuickStandard:

It the will of God that every word in the bible should be there, nothing is a mistake in it.
Only Believe
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Cool83(m): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
one of the largest Churches in the world was established by woman. Foursquare Gospel Church. Hallelujah
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Greatzeus:
Most of us still don't understand what great sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf,and what he achieved,when we do,we will then truly be as gods.
In Christianity,there is no tribe,no race,no gender discrimination before God. Jesus didn't pay more price for males than females and vice versa. A woman can old any position in church just as men do,as long as she is qualified.
And How does he qualify?
There is what the bible called the five hold ministry and non has ever been held by a woman in the scripture.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Danhumprey: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
ilofy:

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God , and is profitable for doctrine , for reproof , for correction , for instruction in righteousness , 2Timothy 3:16(NKJV)

Sigh*
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:
And some women support this sexist religion that see's a woman is less than a man angry(True)
Let's not forget that Jesus existed during a time of slavery of black men and did nothing angry
The Bible only talked about white people.
Believe at your own Perl
Brainwashed floks
You can call Christian sexist if you wish and u maybe right.
Yet Mans way is not God's way.
You are forgetting God is God, The unquestionable, the Does as He wish and no one questions Him. So if he says and approves that a role should be 4 just Men alone who are we mortals to question him.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
ednut1:
Why not focus on how u go enter heaven na. And live matter . People are doing it and u cant stop them
The bible says My people perish for lack of knowledge, so you can worship God in vine, you can do God service and do it in vine. You can leave a assumed holy life without knowledge you commit errors. Going to heaven has a way and only few be that finds it. A service outside the program of God is error.
You can ask Uzzah
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by jcross19: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
HitSong:

Shut up your mouth!
Stop fooling yourselves
Christianity is not a religion? It's a movie then. Go school, u nor gree, PLEASE TELL US THE DEFINITION OF A RELIGION.
heyah don't be angry when gods of the land want to kill someone they will make him to run mad first before they strike him to death so bros you need deliverance from spirit of insanity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Many "Likes" Would Send Many Lives To Hell! / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.