Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Church Apologizes After Pastor Spit On, Slapped, Cut As Part Of Easter 'lesson' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Apologizes After Pastor Spit On, Slapped, Cut As Part Of Easter 'lesson' (334 Views)

Pastor Carlton Apologizes After Calling Church Members ‘poor’ And ‘broke’ / Ebimina Tamuno: I Gave Up On Yahoo Yahoo After Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Curses / Man Beats His Fiancee During Church Service After Pastor Exposed Her Wickedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church Apologizes After Pastor Spit On, Slapped, Cut As Part Of Easter 'lesson' by bomsybomsy(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2019
An Ohio church has apologized for an Easter lesson in which a pastor encouraged students to slap, cut and spit on him — incidents that were captured in videos and posted online.Justin Ross is lead pastor at Impact City Church in Pataskala near Columbus. He said the incident happened Monday at an organized hangout session for middle and high school students.Ross said an associate pastor encouraged the attacks on himself as a way to help students learn about Easter and the crucifixion of Jesus."My intention was just to show them how much Jesus loved them," associate pastor Jaddeus Dempsey told WCMH. The Columbus Dispatch reports that several students took the associate pastor up on the offer, and one cut him on the neck. "He's like, 'I don't want you to go crazy with it, but I do want you to slice it down my back and make me bleed,'" 12-year-old Ai'janae Parker said. "I thought it was pretty weird. I didn't like it all."Cellphone recordings of the incident sparked backlash."Jesus did that for us so we wouldn't have to go through it and that's the part I don't understand," Parker said.Her mother said she was deeply disturbed by the video."I couldn't even make it through the whole video before I stopped it and I went right up there to pick her up," Amanda Quick said. "I feel like there are plenty of different ways they could have gone about this."Ross said the topic was important, but the lesson went too far and was inappropriate.
Re: Church Apologizes After Pastor Spit On, Slapped, Cut As Part Of Easter 'lesson' by bomsybomsy(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2019
We have genuine land for sale, just beside the Federal University Otuoke , Bayelsa State. You can use it to build good self contain hostels for students,Which is urgently needed by the yearly increase in student population.

Our comprehensive research in some nigerian universities show that,Hostel accommodation for students have always been in short supply in Nigeria Universities, Polytechnics, and other higher institutions.Simple reason,Most higher institutions in Nigeria enroll students in tens of thousands. And many of these higher institutions do not have ready hostel accommodation for the massive student population they attract from all over Nigeria to their schools.Even the Universities, Polytechnics and other higher institutions in Nigeria who have student hostel within their premises do not have enough rooms to cater for the accommodation needs of 70 percent of their student population.Therefore, the majority of students seek youth hostels or student accommodation outside of the school environment. Thousands of students are in constant need of hostel accommodation year in year out in higher institutions all over Nigeria.Therefore building student hostels provides a huge opportunity for you to earn good returns on your investment,.....0-8-0-3-7-9-0-3-4-4-4

(1) (Reply)

Light And Darkness / This Is How God Reveals Your Life Partner When Your Perception/intention... / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Pitfalls On The Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.