Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? (12854 Views)

Law: Rule Of Law Under Contemporary Period / Can I Complete This Cousera Programme Using One Payment? / Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Christeety: 3:16pm On May 04, 2019
Spygadgets19:
What dept and what year did you start and what year dod you finish? Was it fulltime or part-time?

Mass Com . Started year 2018 finished Nov 2018. It was full time. Part is usually 1and half years
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Betterchoice: 3:17pm On May 04, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Would have wanted to chat with you one on one but not to be selfish I know any are reading and learning from out back and forth so will just ask questions openly .
Oil and gas is a good one but my issue is so far,its Ibadan that runs a fantastic one on it the other one is a body that does it in affiliation with uni port or so on Abuja.security situation in country doesn't afford us luxury of moving about ,economical factor also comes into play should one decide to be flying in and out
Options in Nigeria are limited ..corporate finance law ? Where for Nigeria ?

Could you please elucidate on the Ibadan, Abuja and Uniport stuff?
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Christeety: 3:41pm On May 04, 2019
MrHighSea:
Wat dept pls? Do u tink civil eng'g will b dt fast?
I don't know anyone in civil eng dept. I'll help you ask around.
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 04, 2019
Betterchoice:

Could you please elucidate on the Ibadan, Abuja and Uniport stuff?

https://cpeel.ui.edu.ng
http://www.iipelp.org/index.php?lang=en
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by folake4u(f): 9:10pm On May 04, 2019
adaweezy:

I obtained my LLM in Intellectual Property but not from Nigeria.

Oh that's nice. Where please?
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 04, 2019
Christeety:

Mass Com . Started year 2018 finished Nov 2018. It was full time. Part is usually 1and half years
And you collected your certificate that same year?
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by adaweezy(m): 11:47pm On May 04, 2019
Hertfordshire law school

1 Like

Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by 1000angstroms(m): 10:13am On May 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

He is a business man so let him be
So, because he is a businessman, what he is contributing to the education system is good? May his customers be those to attend to you and your family when you are sick, may his customers teach you and your kids in school, etc.
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 05, 2019
1000angstroms:

So, because he is a businessman, what he is contributing to the education system is good? May his customers be those to attend to you and your family when you are sick, may his customers teach you and your kids in school, etc.
What kind of foolish thought is this? Did he force you to patronize his services? . If your lecturers were impacting knowledge do you think you would see such adverts?
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by 1000angstroms(m): 4:19pm On May 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

What kind of foolish thought is this? Did he force you to patronize his services? . If your lecturers were impacting knowledge do you think you would see such adverts?
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 05, 2019
1000angstroms:

Carry your stupid analogy to the thrash can. If you patronize him others would as he is not forcing anyone to buy his product. Pour your hatred and anger on those useless lecturers that don't know how to teach research
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by 1000angstroms(m): 9:09pm On May 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

Carry your stupid analogy to the thrash can. If you patronize him others would as he is not forcing anyone to buy his product. Pour your hatred and anger on those useless lecturers that don't know how to teach research
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Christeety: 10:13am On May 06, 2019
Spygadgets19:
And you collected your certificate that same year?

Certificate will be out this year. After graduation, our certificates should be ready latest in 3months time
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by IME1: 9:01pm On May 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Explain further there must be a reason

Many private uni don't have the needed manpower/brain power to teach and supervise PG
In my humble opinion PG lecturers are people who are at the apex who have tested their knowledge.
You know you can't give what you don't have.
The lecturers in public uni are most times thoroughly checked within before assigned PG students to teach and supervise.
But pri uni mostly rely on adjunct lecturers, young lecturers and not thoroughly qualified staff (due to inability to pay, keep and attract very good hands) WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO ALL, I MEAN ALL PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LECTURERS, I love you all grin

I know things are changing.
As I said I've been in both
I know this view of mine may soon change
But you and I know that it would be difficult for any private university to pay better that public universities or offer better packages like trainings, further studies and other incentives for their staff (lecturers).

In my opinion I'd rather sit under a tree (plato abi socrates style) and learn under a thorough bred teacher/lecturer than sit in an AC class with teachers that are not so empowered with all they need to give what I don't have

Bros you go pay me for this consultation oh
I be professional consultant for this area oh
I don receive better money and calls from various places for consultation oh wink

Abi Seun go allow me advertise cheesy
For more info on education within Nigeria- public, private and NOUN consult with me send an email
nuff said... drops the mic cool tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by IME1: 9:05pm On May 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yes many private universities are not accredited for pg but public universities aren't exempted either infact many departments over there should ban from admitting pg students.

A great public university circumvent pg rules just to generate revenue from pg students. They keep on admitting yet the number of graduates are few. However it is rare to see such in many private universities that is why many are opting for them.

How does the bolded relate? An m.sc holder with some years of experience can't supervise m.sc students in many universities including private universities.

Igbinedion university aren't serious from day one. It cost more to travel abroad to do postgraduate degree even though it worth it. Although these are you views however some of your assertions are not totally correct.

I've seen msc holders supervising msc at both private and public universities undecided
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 06, 2019
IME1:

Many private uni don't have the needed manpower/brain power to teach and supervise PG
In my humble opinion PG lecturers are people who are at the apex who have tested their knowledge.
The lecturers in public uni are most times thoroughly checked within before assigned PG students to teach and supervise.
But pri uni mostly rely on adjunct lecturers, young lecturers and not thoroughly qualified staff (due to inability to pay, keep and attract very good hands) WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO ALL, I MEAN ALL PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LECTURERS, I love you all grin

But you and I know that it would be difficult for any private university to pay better that public universities or offer better packages like trainings, further studies and other incentives for their staff (lecturers).

In my opinion I'd rather sit under a tree (plato abi socrates style) and learn under a thorough bred teacher/lecturer than sit in an AC class with teachers that are not so empowered with all they need to give what I don't have

I don receive better money and calls from various places for consultation oh wink

For more info on education within Nigeria- public, private and NOUN consult with me send an email
You are absolutely correct however why are our public university lecturers wicked( not all)? Many are sadist, they prefer to delay their students for years than let them graduate especially at PhD level. The Pull Him Down Syndrome is prevalent in many public universities that is why many are leaving for private. The cost of studying postgraduate degree overseas is high that is why many opt in for private universities as an alternative. I have a friend that did PhD for 7 years at uniben, 10 years at unizik yet these schools have good publications.
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 06, 2019
IME1:

I've seen msc holders supervising msc at both private and public universities undecided
Probably the m.sc holder is senior lecturer with some years of experience. With the way things are going many universities might be strict on that aspect.Just like before where a senior lecturer can easily become Prof but no more as they now insist on you having PhD before getting to that rank.
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Geniusgists(f): 3:59am On May 07, 2019
Jonathan, Saraki Others Pay Tribute to Yar'Adua

Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, Senate President, Bukola Saraki and other Nigerians has taken to their Twitter handle to pay tribute to Yar'Adua.

Here are some of the twitts picked by GENIUS GIST are:

@GEJonathan: "On this day nine years ago I lost a friend, colleague, brother, and boss, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. He was a selfless leader who placed national interest above personal and ethnic gains."

@bukolasaraki: "Today, I remember the selfless statesman, former President Umaru Musa Yar’adua, who passed on 9-years ago. His legacy of integrity as a great leader will always remain indelible in our hearts. May the mercy of Almighty Allah (SWT) continue to be upon him. Amin."

Read More: http://www.geniusgist.com/2019/05/jonathan-saraki-others-pay-tribute-to.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by IME1: 1:16am On May 10, 2019
asuustrike1:

You are absolutely correct however why are our public university lecturers wicked( not all)? Many are sadist, they prefer to delay their students for years than let them graduate especially at PhD level. The Pull Him Down Syndrome is prevalent in many public universities that is why many are leaving for private. The cost of studying postgraduate degree overseas is high that is why many opt in for private universities as an alternative. I have a friend that did PhD for 7 years at uniben, 10 years at unizik yet these schools have good publications.

My wish is for people who went/go through this sadist experiences to turn the tables around when they too assume the positions of authority and influence.

But no,
Most times its a vicious cycle
Just sad

Sadly I won't advice anyone who has the means either by way of scholarship or self sponsorships to pursue phd in Nigeria private or public.
It's well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 10, 2019
IME1:

My wish is for people who went/go through this sadist experiences to turn the tables around when they too assume the positions of authority and influence.

But no,
Most times its a vicious cycle
Just sad

Sadly I won't advice anyone who has the means either by way of scholarship or self sponsorships to pursue phd in Nigeria private or public.
It's well
Exactly! The Nigerian mentality and factor is still in many private universities hence studying abroad would do
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Kenmatt(m): 9:18am On May 10, 2019
IME1:

Stop being afraid, especially when you are convinced that you are dishing a gospel truth.
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Abimbola007(m): 11:58pm On May 11, 2019
abimbola74:
Means one can finish within a year ?
Under a year and six months
Re: Can I Complete Masters In Law Under 18 Months In A Nigerian Uni? by Betterchoice: 5:38am On May 15, 2019
admitwithschola What's your view please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Feel Like Commiting Suicide. Bet9ja Has Finished Me / ASUU Gives Fg, States 14-day Ultimatum On Salaries, Deductions / Do JAMB CBT Centres Open On Weekend For DE Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.