Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Even In Death, Michael Jackson’s Legacy Must Not Be Ridiculed - Joi John. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Even In Death, Michael Jackson’s Legacy Must Not Be Ridiculed - Joi John. (434 Views)

Actress Tonto Dikeh Ridiculed For Showing Off Her Panties At A Park / Your Pant Is Dirty; Watch As Fans Ridiculed Mercy Aigbe's Daughter / Juliet Ibrahim: I Have Been Called K-Legs, Mocked And Ridiculed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even In Death, Michael Jackson’s Legacy Must Not Be Ridiculed - Joi John. by JoiJohn: 12:28am On Apr 22, 2019
EVEN IN DEATH, MICHAEL JACKSON'S LEGACY MUST NOT BE RIDICULED.

By Joi John

In 1987, Michael Jackson defied the law of physics when he bent forward to almost 45 degrees in his music video, Smooth Criminal. Three researchers from India went cracking their brains and managed to get their work accepted by the esteemed Journal of Neurosurgery. It was titled "How did Michael Jackson Challenge Our Understanding of Spine Biomechanics". Michael Jackson was and till date remains the greatest performer that ever lived. Michael Jackson is not called the " King of pop" for nothing. He earned it. As a young child in the Jackson 5 group, his talent singled him out among his elder siblings. There was no special treatment to push him to the spotlight. His talent paved the way. Elevated by grace, the name "Michael Jackson" remains THE ONLY household name known by the young and old in every corner of the earth today and I stand to be corrected. I know his death was tragic but make no mistake, his legacy lives on and MUST NOT be ridiculed by careless comparisons.

Michael Jackson's music and style inspired almost every A-list entertainer of our time including my dear Beyonce. So, I can't understand where this sudden "extra-boost" of confidence is coming from or WHO/WHAT is beating the drum for her. She really needs to FIND A CHAIR AND SIT DOWN somewhere!! Yes. I said it! Knowing how Beyonce rolls, if her team did not endorse this whole cyber drama, they would have found a way to acknowledge respect to MJ. This is not the first time such comparison has been drawn up so they are enjoying it but now, the whole stunt is beginning to backfire.

Like many women out there, I admire Beyoncé too. One thing that endears me to her most is how she manages to keep her private life away from the prying eyes of the press. She has come a long way. On stage, she is an electrifying performer but she is no where near close to Michael Jackson. Even in death, there should be no comparison with the late king of Pop. None whatsoever. They are not mates. I would say that it is an outright insult to Michael Jackson's legacy and I have no apologies for taking this position. Break your skeleton all you want on stage, the King of Pop is irreplaceable. There is just no room for argument. Period! | JOI JOHN.

Re: Even In Death, Michael Jackson’s Legacy Must Not Be Ridiculed - Joi John. by BarrElChapo(m): 3:05am On Apr 22, 2019
True
Re: Even In Death, Michael Jackson’s Legacy Must Not Be Ridiculed - Joi John. by Jokerman(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2019
Only a clown would compare Beyonce to Wacko Jacko
Re: Even In Death, Michael Jackson’s Legacy Must Not Be Ridiculed - Joi John. by PaulAris: 8:33am On Apr 22, 2019
Truth!
I thought it was even silly Nigerians doing the nonsense comparison not knowing it was silly Americans.
Disappointed!
Beyonce and MJ??
That's a whole lot of gap.
Just like comparing she and Elvis, an obvious insult right. Which no one can in a billion years to come.
But yet MJ was greater than Elvis.
Michael Jackson, the black-kid who was as popular as Coca-cola and Jesus.
I don't know bout' you, but that's one great feat.
Not even my Father knows who Beyonce is.
And every single person on this Earth has got an idea on who MJ is.
The difference is so clear.
Sorry B, I like you but damn, this is one of those silly comparisons. And you know that!
Re: Even In Death, Michael Jackson’s Legacy Must Not Be Ridiculed - Joi John. by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 22, 2019
Beyonce is no match for MJ. I am very sure proponents of this statement were born after 2000. Its like saying Anthony Joshua is greater than Ali, Kendrick Lamar is greater than Pac, Nicki Minaj is greater than Eve or Wizkid is greater than Fela. There is no basis for comparison. Most of these guys were giants no matter what the indomie generation say.

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels Acquires Brand New G-wagon / Read Dr. Julia Fortune-johnson's Heartwarming Message To Daughter, Michelle / “I No Do Again” Nigerian Man Shouting And Walks Away On His Wedding Day, (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.