Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (34189 Views)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Olumba Olumba Obu Performs Rites In A River, Claims It Heals All Diseases. Photo / Olumba Olumba Obu Prays Against Biafra Actualization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by newworld31: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
orisa37:
Friday was prefered and chosen Christendomwise for economic and climatic reasons. So Olumba Olumba in the 21st Century is a shameless minority to attempt to change what has existed for Centuries.
I pity you. Perverting the truth. So You follow what Christebdom says over the truth in the scripture because it's was revealed by Leader Olumba, you called minority. I see, imagine because of climate and whether condition. so, your own is Christainity of majority Member. May God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Theboss100(m): 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Emperor Constantine and the Bishops made it to be on Sunday during the Nicea Council. Infact Easter, had pagan roots with the Babylonian goddess Ishtar or what the Philistines call Astorath ( Queen of Heaven). It was in the council of Nicea that it was usurped to be celebrated as the resurrection of Christ Jesus.
God Bless U. Exactly What I Told Them Here And Even Opened A Thread For It. But They Called Me An Atheist. They Are Indirectly Serving A Goddess. Eostre For That Matter
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by femi4: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
But i always wondered how someone who died on friday and rose on sunday can be said to hv risen on the 3rd day. Mathematical it is wrong but what do i know.
How is it wrong mathematically, even if its few mins to the end of that day, it counted as A DAY
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by kernniejay(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
This life is funny grin Is that not Roland wey dey come carry girls for UNICAL(Club 8 and 9) those years when I dey School? grin grin grin

Christians are jokers! angry
Arosko:
Christianity: The religion of the people by the people to their master ( Pastor)... Religion of confusion
Shuugar98:

Jesus never existed but Ausar existed in Africa . it was Ausar story the white people whitewashed... Yoruba will say Ela, Muslims will say Anobi Isa e.t.c the Egyptian mummies are all blacks,
Arosko:
Christianity: The religion of the people by the people to their master ( Pastor)... Religion of confusion
Yet, you guys pray to God in the name of Jesus everyday in the corner of your hearts, and you come to public forum like this to deny the same God. Hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by femi4: 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
davibid:

We Nigerians are too sentimental, if this revelation had come from any of your favorite pastors everyone would have concur, but because He is not your pastor so no one is ready to see the sense in what He’s saying

Smh �‍♂️

May God help us in this world �

#KINGBID
Reve what? Back your claims with scripture
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Theboss100(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
Dalexicographer:
Ode...
Go and sit down...
Attention seeker angry
He Is Correct. Just That Christ Was Killed On Wednesday And Buried That Same Day. So We Have Thur, Friday And Sat As 3 Days And Wednesday, Thur, And Friday As The 3 Night. Christ Rose At The End Of Saturday And Not Sunday. But So Many People Including U Dnt Kw This
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by newworld31: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
jom28gy:
thank you, the God that reveals mysteries to the blind world
He has being revealing so many truth but they said, since it's from Olumba. They prefer to believe lies because the lies is from the majority and Christendom
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Princeofasia: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
dead man talking. u cant deceive us as ur father deceived our parents
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by hybridblood07(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
That was an error and I could not delete my comment after I found out.
Psoul:

Once u finds out what is wrong with the Bold word, I will tell u what he smoked.
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by emi12(f): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
Where's the Olumba they celebrated his 100th birthday??
This is his son. Or is the father no more and he has taken over over from his father?? Just curious
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by newworld31: 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
OttHin:
What is Olumba Olumba ?
Leader of the Kingdom of God on Earth

2 Likes

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by TVSA: 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Bmaster:
Jesus wasn't dead for 3 days.
according to the holy book, he was dead and on the 3rd day he rose from death.

Matthew 12:40 KJV
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by TVSA: 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
JubrilBuhari:

It's correct.
Friday is the first day
Saturday is the second day
Sunday is the third day.

The key point is on the third day not after three days.

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Melody25: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
Arosko:
Your life is confusion itself. Truly you have no reason to remain alife.
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by GenSam(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
But i always wondered how someone who died on friday and rose on sunday can be said to hv risen on the 3rd day. Mathematical it is wrong but what do i know.

Friday - 1st day
Sat - 2nd day
Sun - 3rd day
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by whosayswot100(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
It is written “And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free”. *ST John 8:32.* Without fear of contradiction, Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is a place where the unclothedness of truth is laid bare to its adherents. A case in point is the day of crucifixion of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Contrary to popular belief that Christ was crucified on Friday on account of which the nomenclature *Good Friday* was derived, members of the Brotherhood of the Cross & Star (BCS) have been taught from inception by their Father Leader Olumba Olumba Obu that Christ was actually crucified on *Thursday* for which reason all members of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star *‘fast & pray’* every Thursday and the nomenclature *Holy Thursday* given to this unique day in commemoration of the supreme sacrifice of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In the words of Leader Olumba Olumba Obu,

“I am opposed to any falsehood in the world, including the Jesus Christ’s death saga. The calculation is misleading. The case of His birthday, which had been fixed for convenience could be tolerable, but for the death upon which the salvation of the generality of mankind depends, nobody should toy or falsify it on any account…you have already been told that the Jews counted 6am to 6pm as one day, and from 6pm to 6am as one night. It then proves that *from 6am to 6pm on Thursday was one day, 6pm on Thursday to 6am on Friday was one night. 6am to 6pm on Friday made the second day and from 6pm on Friday to 6am on Saturday made the second night. The third day was from 6am to 6pm on Saturday. The third night was from 6pm on Saturday to 6am on Sunday”.*
(Culled from: Everlasting Gospel of Leader Olumba Olumba Obu, Vol 1. THE MATHEMATICS OF GOOD-FRIDAY “STREAMLINED”)

To think that a man who has never had any formal attendance in school can correct long standing doctrines held by professors of theology, albeit erroneously, gives credence to his ultimate authority and understanding of universal events and their dynamics and as such does not need to be taught by man.

*THE EXPOSITION*
Our Lord Jesus Christ emphasized in *ST* *Matthew 12:40* thus
“For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”.
Consequently, Christ was sentenced to death at the 6th hour, executed at the 9th hour after which he gave up the ghost. ( *ST Matthew 27:45-50* ). The evening of the same day, he was buried in the tomb prepared by Joseph of Arimathaea. ( *ST Matthew 27:57-60* ). There is however no confusion about the day of the Lord’s resurrection which is “Sunday” but the confusion has always been on the exact day of his crucifixion. Understandably, the confusion derives from *Matthew 27:62, Mark 15:42, Luke 23:54,* and *John 19:31* where references were made to “ *THE PREPARATION* ” as a day Christ was crucified. For instance in *Mark 15:42* it reads,

“ _And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath_ ”.

Putting it more clearly, the “ *preparation* ” is the day that precedes the Sabbath in the jewish tradition. However, what man has failed to ask is whether the “ *preparation* ” so mentioned in the scriptures above was the “ *preparation* ” preceding *THE SEVEN-DAY WEEKLY SABBATH* which always falls on Friday or the “ *preparation* ” of *THE FEAST OF PASSOVER* which takes place at the fourteenth day of the first month and this precedes *THE HIGH SABBATH* which takes place on the fifteenth day of the first month of the year ( *Lev 23:5-7, St Matthew 26:1-2, St John 19:31* ). No matter what day Passover was observed, the next day automatically became the Sabbath (www.blueletterbible.com) and this particular Sabbath was known as *THE HIGH SABBATH* and was alluded to in *John 19:31 as A HIGH DAY.*
*Lev 23:5-7*
“ _In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD’S Passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein”_

*St Matthew 26:1-2* “ _And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples, Ye know that after two days is the feast of the Passover and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified”._

*St John 19:31*
“ _The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, (for that Sabbath day was an high day,)…”_

Christ died on the fourteenth day of the first month, the day before the annual Sabbath of the fifteenth day of the first month (www.bibleinsight.com) and this day can assume any of the days of the week from Monday to Sunday!
If truly Christ was crucified on Good Friday as popularly believed and resurrected on Sunday, how will that give us three days and three nights as written in ST Matthew 12:40? It will only give two days and two nights and the word of God does not lie for he says,
“…Let God be true, but every man a liar…” *Romans 3:4.*

Conversely, if we take Thursday as the day Christ was buried, the estimation of three days and three nights will certainly fall on Sunday! Such recondite wisdom can’t be found anywhere else but in Brotherhood of the Cross and Star.

Much as it’s difficult to correct a long standing erroneously held religious dogma, we can all choose to live a lie or accept the truth and adopt same. This is the time of the Holy Spirit where all truth must be revealed in fulfillment of the promise of Christ in *John 16:13-14* thus,
_
“Howbeit when he, the spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he shall shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you”._

This was further corroborated by Paul the Apostle as he was humble enough to identify the limitations of his knowledge about the things of the spirit when he said,

“ _For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away”._ *1st Corinthians 13:9-10* .

Finally, after receiving this universal truth, and without fear of controversy , it’s high time we did away with the false doctrine of the *Good Friday* and adopt the true doctrine of the *Holy Thursday* .
Let this truth be given the widest publicity.
THANK YOU FATHER!

3 Likes

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by olatunjithomas(m): 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
gloryfidedesign:
Thank You Most Holy Father for teaching the human race the truth because You are the Truth. You are the Omnipresent God You were there when it all happened, You are the Omnipotent God the all powerful and mighty to Save and You are the Omniscience God You Know everything that happened. great OOO the new name of the Living God You gave to your faithful who have over come the world and their false teaching and knowledge You know all those who are faithfully waiting for Your second coming. Rev3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write up on him my new name. Revelation (KJV). Thank You Father.

I am a little confused here. Do you refer to this man as God or what??
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OpenYourEyes1: 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jesus probably died on Wednesday or Thursday.
This is why this sort of celebration should be avoided...you don't know who/what you're celebrating.

The apostles never celebrated Jesus's death and resurrection dates.
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OpenYourEyes1: 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Jesus probably died on Wednesday or Thursday.
This is why this sort of celebration should be avoided...you don't know who/what you're celebrating.

The apostles never celebrated Jesus's death and resurrection

Passover only should be observed
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by whosayswot100(m): 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
GenSam:

Friday - 1st day
Sat - 2nd day
Sun - 3rd day

Friday 6am-Friday6pm=1st day
Friday 6pm-Saturday 6am =1st night

Saturday 6am- Saturday 6pm= 2nd day
Saturday 6pm - Sunday 6am= 2nd night

Sunday 6am - Sunday 6pm= 3rd day
Sunday 6pm - Monday 6am =3rd night.

Going by this calculation, how can Christ have resurrected on Sunday morning?

If you insist on Sunday morning being the day Christ resurrected, do this maths

Friday to Saturday =1st day
Saturday to Sunday = 2nd day
Sunday to Monday = 3rd day

What I know is that we calculate days from the present day to the following day.

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by jom28gy(m): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
newworld31:

He has being revealing so many truth but they said, since it's from Olumba. They prefer to believe lies because the lies is from the majority and Christendom
the world love their own, and can't never accept the truth that is from God
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by jom28gy(m): 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
samuelmusa:
grin grin grin .the truth are coming out small small, the so called Jesus never exited in anywhere. Jesus,God, Satan all of them doesn't exist. Stop believe in those fake fake story in the Bible.
your right
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by demzey(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
But what he said is right, Matthew 12:40, mark 8:31.....Friday evening to Sunday morning (3 days?)
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by whosayswot100(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
olatunjithomas:

I am a little confused here. Do you refer to this man as God or what??

Yes based on the following Bible Quotations

Hebrews 1: 6-8
Revelation 2:17; 3:12
Revelation 12: 5
Revelation 19: 11-16
Revelation 21: 1-6
Revelation 22: 4
Isaiah 63:1-4
Revelation 11:15
Matthew 6: 9-11
Daniel 2:44
Daniel 7: 13-14
1st Corinthians 13:9-10
John 14:16-17; 14:26
John15:26
John16:7-16

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Lonelyloner: 6:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
TroubleMaker47:

If follows Jewish timing of days which is different from our own which is tied to 24 hours.

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Counting the day itself. Not the hours in the days!
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Omoogboye: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
According to olumba, if Thursday mornings 6am to 6pm gives 1day, Friday 6am- 6pm 2nd day and Saturday 6am-6pm 3rd day, then
Friday 6am -6pm equals 1day
Saturday 6am-6pm 2nd day
Sunday 6am -6pm the 3rd day. Olumba pls do your calculation n mathematics well. Besides, everything about Christ is not physical rather spiritual. Let the spirit leads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by oyejideogunjumo: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
bluefilm:
More evidence that Jesus never existed.

Everything about him is totally unbelievable.

From his virgin birth

To his rising up from the dead.

All points to nothing but a ridiculous folk story that only children under the ages of seven will find believable and/or fascinating.

Yet to this day, even adults are killing themselves over a mere myth.

Sorry for you idiotic minions.
What you don't know are more than what you know. Spiritual things are foolishness to mortal beings so I don't really blame but pray God to open your eyes and hears of understanding in Jesus name
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by 4Mea: 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
to those people arguing that the Lord Jesus Christ was killed on Friday. I find such argument baseless...It is disappointing that's a spiritual founder is debating on a matter like this,it just shows how worldly he is.
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
Theboss100:
God Bless U Sir. I Told Them That They Are Indirectly Serving Juju A Goddess Cus It Was Known As Eostre Or Eostrae. But They Called Me Atheist

Yeah... you are right.
Eostre was her name in the old Germanic and Scandinavian mythology. But her Semitic name is Ishtar, Astorath or mother of Baal.
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by JubrilBuhari: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
TVSA:

saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”

Luke 24 : 7 NKJV
Re: Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Successmind(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
The colonial master versus the colonialist grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Never Told Anyone That I Will Die Soon - Odumeje / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / My Experience In Church This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.