Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (31415 Views)

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? / I want to buy phone if you know you sell UK used phone get in here / Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by tabithababy(f): 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
ecclize:

its a myth shroulded in mystery but it works just try it
. What will it work for
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Gforce2019: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hintona:

Stalker alert
Jobless thing

I no blame you... Seun don give slut like you an opportunity to yab us..
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by aorseer: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
OP I can relate. Same thing happened to a friend around 2005. He bought this Samsung flip cute phone then camera and coloured phones were new and he/we were all crazy about the phone. Long story short he visited his friend and slept over in his one room apartment and the friend's girlfriend stole the phone, removed the battery and put the phone in her pant and slept back. My guy woke up in the dead of the night to find that his beloved phone was missing. He woke everyone up and the search of the phone began from 2am to about 4am knocking at neighbours doors who had phone to flash the number, mind u not everyone had a phone then and the then Mtel service was terrible. He resigned to fate that his phone was gone for good only for the 5am alarm to wake the phone up and it began ringing in ..... guess where, the girl's private part. No be small beating she receive afterwards

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by ecclize: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
tabithababy:
. What will it work for
it a new experiment yet to be prooven in other words it a guess work... But some people once claimed that it works...
Tabitahbaby i think am in love with u b'coz u are too inqusitive... i love inquisitive people...
U can search up the subject on google to know more...
I will like u get ur feedbck
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Ernchibyke(m): 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
ayosamlove:

I swear same thing happened to me. My Samsung S9 was stolen after 3 weeks, I just wiped it by signing in to my Samsung cloud and also made it show this phone was stolen on the screen. I moved on later nii
You could have tracked the phone via imei na
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Ernchibyke(m): 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Losing my 2 weeks old Samsung galaxy S9 taught me one lesson; Material things will pass away. After all efforts to find my phone, I just performed a remote wipe via Google and moved on. I got another one but became more careful with my smartphone. OP you're lucky
You could have tracked the phone via imei na
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by chiefobdk(m): 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
AgamaProf:
What if the battery is removed. You never jam Better thief. Infact, right away the phone is stolen, he will have it flashed manually and remove the sim.

Recent phones will demand for password if u try to flash from bootloader

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by midolian(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
kingxsamz:

Why? He wasn't trying to steal your phone na.
He knows his brother better than you do grin
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by MrBen619(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
What if the battery is not inbuild and the smart guy deside to remove the battery before disposure.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by MrBen619(m): 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
The Modern Phones i have tried to flash manualy so far, none of them have never failed me.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by tony1918(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
aorseer:
OP I can relate. Same thing happened to a friend around 2005. He bought this Samsung flip cute phone then camera and coloured phones were new and he/we were all crazy about the phone. Long story short he visited his friend and slept over in his one room apartment and the friend's girlfriend stole the phone, removed the battery and put the phone in her pant and slept back. My guy woke up in the dead of the night to find that his beloved phone was missing. He woke everyone up and the search of the phone began from 2am to about 4am knocking at neighbours doors who had phone to flash the number, mind u not everyone had a phone then and the then Mtel service was terrible. He resigned to fate that his phone was gone for good only for the 5am alarm to wake the phone up and it began ringing in ..... guess where, the girl's private part. No be small beating she receive afterwards
Bro do you know you can be convicted for this Lie

3 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by charlsecy(m): 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
mcevans1:
It doesn't apply to all phones
I think it does.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by agarawu23(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
You were just lucky cos the phone was stolen within your premises. What happens if it was stolen elsewhere and the battery was even removed (if it's a removable battery phone)?
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
MrBen619:
The Modern Phones i have tried to flash manualy so far, none of them have never failed me.

Have you tried the latest so far?

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by lukman22: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ozkar:
Nice. You were just fortunate though. What if the theft happens after last alarm and hours before the next one? If it starts ringing after the person has since gone away, the alarm isn't going to do much.
Remember the OP said it can save your phone and not it will
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Whaleshares: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
That's luck buddy
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by olyrayy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
FarFromAverage:
Very true Op!!
Similar thing also happened to me. My junior brother took my phone when I was sleeping and started playing games with it. I got up from sleep, searched everywhere for the phone and wasn't able to find it. Exactly 6:10am the phone's alarm rang. Guess where he hid the phone? Under d chair.
That day, I gave that boy the severe beating of his life.

Tell me you're Red Pill...
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by MrBen619(m): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Which one is the latest so far?
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by A9magic(m): 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2019
it happens at the factory I work,a phone was stolen and hidden within the stack of materials ,it wasnt found until days after when someone righteous heard it making alarm sounds
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by iswallker(m): 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
You are an undergraduate supposedly and typing "ranged"... undecided
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Gforce2019: 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hintona:

Stalker alert
Jobless thing

Stalking who?
I'm not in your league.
May I never retrogress in life to the extent of stalking after this THING....

Tufiakwa ! Shit!
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
iswallker:
You are an undergraduate supposedly and typing "ranged"... undecided
Lol, that's from my phone's Dictionary, and my browser won't allow me edit it.
Thanks anyway.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Legendguru: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
how
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Realboygenius(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
Yours is a good story.
If only I can make my Spark 3 Alarm permanent.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by aorseer: 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
tony1918:
Bro do you know you can be convicted for this Lie
Bro Back then in 2005 most phones had two batteries one main battery and a second tiny one the type that u find in wrist watches for alarm and phone time. That way even if the main battery is dead or removed ur alarm still rings. Hope this helps
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by delishpot: 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
FarFromAverage:
Very true Op!!
Similar thing also happened to me. My junior brother took my phone when I was sleeping and started playing games with it. I got up from sleep, searched everywhere for the phone and wasn't able to find it. Exactly 6:10am the phone's alarm rang. Guess where he hid the phone? Under d chair.
That day, I gave that boy the severe beating of his life.

grin grin Chai! Someone can not sneak his big brothers phone in peace again ni? Dem nor dey follow you play? grin grin
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by delishpot: 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
aorseer:
Did he take back the phone afterwards? I mean judging by where the thing was buried lipsrsealed
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by haleymoon: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
if you are still new to the biz of stealing, removing the ba3 or flashing the phone will never come to your mind, ur own be sey, u don collect phone
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Ozkar: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
lukman22:

Remember the OP said it can save your phone and not it will
yeah, and I'm simply highlighting how limited that option is as a means of saving one's phone.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by aorseer: 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
delishpot:

Did he take back the phone afterwards? I mean judging by where the thing was buried lipsrsealed
My guy collected his phone and next day when he saw me gave me and asked to sniff it and tell him what it smells like, I was confused that's when he downloaded the whole gist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Most Expensive Phone You Have Ever Bought And How Much / Tutorials On How To Edit Jar Files / Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.