Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

How My Mum Helped Me Succeed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How My Mum Helped Me Succeed (346 Views)

How 7 Simple Argumentative Essay Helped Me Succeed / Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class / Professor Helped His Male Student Carry His Baby During Classes (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Mum Helped Me Succeed by katekemi664: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
Growing up ,I had a very unsuccessful life because I was shy and failed in most of my exams. This damaged my self esteem and belief in myself.

My mum understanding my nature ,knew I was very smart and thought to help me come out of whatever it was I was battling with resulting to my too many failures. We had a discussion and I guess she figured it out from our one on one talk.

The next day after our discussion ,she got me a private teacher.

I was not happy about the decision neither did I understand why she took that step. My mummy works and she barely had time for us but I noticed that she drew a plan which she gave my private teacher and asked him to work with.

And just after a while, I knew my challenge was fear.I was too scared to talk ,too scared to ask questions in class and I had a unique way of learning which mum discovered and designed a work plan for me with my one on one teacher. They worked on my confidence and my belief in myself and with that I always came out in flying colours.

Sometimes the cause of our academic challenges comes from our feeling and not our mental disabilities.

A growing number of parents and guardians are getting private teachers for their children.

I would stay at home for an hour to work through lessons, helped where necessary by my private teacher with 15 minutes' playtime at the end.

My mum always talked about giving me “an edge”, the “leg up” she never had.It was quite a big expense for the family, but my education was a priority for my mum .
Now I am a young landlord of 25 and I can buy about any car I want for myself and my mum because I worked on myself at a very young age and began to fly from there. Thanks to my mum and my one on one teacher .

“The world is very competitive and everybody is working very hard,” says my mum .“I know that so many schools are doing very well, but there are about 20 students in each class with a teacher and a support staff". They try their best to help, but I realise that if I’m going to give my kids some extra help, it’s going to be brilliant for their future. Anyone who does a bit extra always gets ahead.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How My Mum Helped Me Succeed by Extramilers: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
Nice post .
Re: How My Mum Helped Me Succeed by johnwhitfield(m): 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Oh, this is a very nice story, you are very lucky with your mother, she is a great fellow with you, this is a good story.
Re: How My Mum Helped Me Succeed by dollytino4real(f): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
if u have a super mummy say ye,ye

(1) (Reply)

JAMB To Cancel 2019 UTME Results In Some States… / Take a look at this picture of a Primary School Pupils In Niger State. / Jamb:15-year-old Boy Clinched Best Result - Registrar, Oloyede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.