Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses (37493 Views)

Police Arrest Suspected Ritualist, Exhume Body Of OAU Student In Ogun / OAU Student Pours Sniper Into Her Bunkmates Mouth During An Argument (Photos) / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by FortuneDeGreat(m): 7:15am On Apr 23, 2019
Some people get mind ooo, how person go just decide to take his life? I no fit oooo, beta make that problem kill me.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by hotplate: 7:16am On Apr 23, 2019
only those who has gone through the depression of having an extra year in school would truly understand and for him even being an exco will kind of make is case a subject matter among pear's and colleagues. But what he didn't know is that there is no pain that time cannot heal.
Am a living witness I was supposed to have graduated in 2017 but due to 4 courses making up 11units, I came back for an extra year. believe me it wasn't easy, especially when people get to see you in school thinking you should be either serving and all that, seeing ur course mates rock their khaki, pressure from home, church thinking you went to school to waste ur time and money. 2018 was like it was never going to end but in all I didn't allow that weigh me down I was focused and study hard even though it was no longer interesting and fun for me today I'm waiting to be mobilized in 2019 batch B. to everyone going through the same stress just understand that there is noting TIME cannot heal, it's not going to last forever, SUCIDE IS NOT AN OPTION...rip to deceased

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by papyskinsy: 7:18am On Apr 23, 2019
proffemi:

Just looking at what you've written, I can see why you would have problems coping with postgraduate studies.
I never claimed to be a PG student.

lol.. am done wt ma programme already... and i can't remember begging yu to assist me wt it.. if yu don't knw wat to say.. just keep mute.. i have something doing.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by akaf16: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2019
Is the school responsible for his death? Or poor performance....failing courses doesn't mean he would not fulfill God's plan for his life.....it might be delayed but he shall become things of the past...RIP to the deceased.....however, while comment on issues we should be reflective in our comments. "Useless school" HOW?...Am proud to be one of oau products .
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 23, 2019
Wetin this chairman gain like this... nawa oo
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Peezzy(f): 7:36am On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:

I believe we've now established that there is no hope with the way thing are going
There is. It only takes a group of people to motivate others, I believe it has started with the number of young people who came out to contest for political positions this year. I've listened to and watched the likes of sowore, Moghalu, Fela Durotoye, banky w and others. There's a fading hope, might not be in the next 5 or 10years though.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Peezzy:
There is. It only takes a group of people to motivate others, I believe it has started with the number of young people who came out to contest for political positions this year. I've listened to and watched the likes of sowore, Moghalu, Fela Durotoye, banky w and others. There's a fading hope, might not be in the next 5 or 10years though.

is there any Nigerian politician past or present that didn't promise to change the status quo. Even the present ruling party was bold enough to make it their slogan
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by JeffSiberstein: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2019
Just start over, I'm doing that. My mates graduated 2017.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Brightest04(m): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2019
No...No...No,that was wrong.Absolutely wrong.The shit of paper called certificate or degree does not determine someone's destiny.Neither does schooling does.Whatever you're to be in life has been preprogrammed by God .
There're many inspirational writers,engineers,mathematicians,health care givers,sports men and women,billionaires,millionaires,inventors,actors, musicians,etc,who did not have any university education and they're worshipped by men today and their achievements are perpetual glowing light among men.
Not having a good outing in education does not mean the end of everything. Leave it,let it go and do something else.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by fortune1968: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2019
Anagha123:
School is overrated in this part of the world. Why will a young man like this commits suicide if not for his mentality that believe without school he can achieve his dreams.

People with dreams and visions can not commits suicide, when you are face with difficulty know that people have gone through that and come out successful.

Life is a stage, you must progress to see the other stages.

I know how is feel being depressed, I was supposed to graduate last year and serve this year. But unknown to me that a GST course I wrote in my 100 level was missing. From 100 level to 400, I have no carry over and in my results on that particular course I was seeing I score B until I got a call from course adviser telling me that my GST 112 was missing when they were collating all the results before they will submit it to senate. I went to GST department and did everything possible to get the missing result but all to no avail. I was depressed because I didn't know how to tell my family the bad news. They believe I was brilliant and why will I have to wait another year because of a mistake by my department. Till now I have not been able to tell them.

The truth is you don't value what you have until you loss it. You will not value life until you loss it.

Suicide is not the way, it might look impossible now but years to come you will look at that problem and laugh.

I am writing this for those who are depressed and who think is over for them but remember is not over until God say is over.
,Take note ..you will not value life until you LOSE it .loss is not appropriate here .
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Ajibaba101(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2019
Are you also thinking of committing suicide cos of university wahala....see ways you can cope with university anxiety or stress without killing yourself
https://explicitsuccess.com/stress-management-for-students/
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by essenceplus: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2019
Flakky26:
So sad. The school counsellor need to up their game by organising a therapy session for students with carry overs. With the aim of ruling out depression.

Hire a graphics designer

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Teeq1234: 11:05am On Apr 23, 2019
Atleast the Lecturers should be happy now. education with tears in naija
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Frankicent(m): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2019
Opistorincos:

Yeah bro, i was that unserious with my studies
still in school or you've graduated?
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by DaAwesome1(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2019
I really won't fake any sympathy... life's hard kill yourself ontop ordinary school
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Opistorincos(m): 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
Frankicent:

still in school or you've graduated?

Graduated already, currently serving.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Advancedman(m): 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
classicTutor:
While some students were busy enjoying the Easter period, news filled the air about an OAU Student pulling the plug over poor academic performance.

The deceased, Kolapo Olowoporoku was a student of Computer Science and also the former financial secretary of the students’ association.

It was gathered that he should have graduated in the 2016/2017 academic session but he remained on campus due to some outstanding courses (CVE & CSC 517) he had to pass before he graduated.

Kolapo Olowoporoku with Facebook username "Olowoporoku kay-pee Kolapo" was the class rep of his class and ought to have undergone the compulsory NYSC service currently with his course mates who had their convocation last year.

The deceased took his outstanding courses in the last academic session 2017/2018 but it was gathered that he didn’t get up to the required pass mark to bid the said courses farewell.

It was gathered that people who saw him confirmed he looked depressed but no one knew exactly what went wrong with the him.

He was said to have resorted to taking poison on Monday, but the poison didn’t kill him until 3 to 4 days after.

Kolapo Olowoporoku thereafter died on Friday, 19th of April.

May his gentle soul Rest in peace and God grant his family and loved one’s strength to bear the loss.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1346462372162874&id=100003973732600&set=gm.10156640497278271&source=48
There should be a special strategy in attending to students who falls in this category by the school just like the case of little children not all are the same.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by blacq2009(m): 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
Goalnaldo:
give me some sunshine give me some rain give me another chance I wanna grow up once again.. you remember that??
Nah nah nah nah... Yes, bro I do remember that. Got it on my phone sef.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Elliot2(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2019
Anagha123:

Suicide is a form of murder - premeditated murder. It isn't something you do the first time you think of doing it.
I see. If so I pray I don't get that courage to do it.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Elliot2(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
MatthAnn:

Thats the spirit honey
Just make something out of life,anything.
Once dead,those alive move on (no two ways about it)
They move pretty fast,some even before one is laid to rest. I shall be strong.
p.s. thanks for d words.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Frankicent(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
Opistorincos:

Graduated already, currently serving.

chai send me your number or pm want to talk to you.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Opistorincos(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
Frankicent:

chai send me your number or pm want to talk to you.

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Frankicent(m): 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Opistorincos:

thanks
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by TBIZZY(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=Chubhie post=77773403]
Stay strong bro.[/qhuote] Tnx bro
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by lekhad: 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
tannystacey:
Csc 517 is a very cheap course but lecturers in that department are just miserable. Oluwaranti and Co.

Truth is that oluwaranti didn't take the course. He was on sabbatical leave while I took the course and after graduation
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Anagha123: 1:18am On Apr 24, 2019
fortune1968:
,Take note ..you will not value life until you LOSE it .loss is not appropriate here .
Thanks bro for the correction
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 25, 2019
Elliot2:
They move pretty fast,some even before one is laid to rest. I shall be strong.
p.s. thanks for d words.
You are welcomed
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Casemiro(m): 3:17pm On May 12, 2019
fellowbeing:
I will soon release a story on how I coped and overcame depression because of same issue.
please alat me when done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scammer Apologizes To Man After He Shared His Scary Story With Him. Graphic PICS / Young Man In Suit Finally Caught After Stealing Phones Many Times (Pix/Video) / Teenager Kills Boyfriend For Attempted Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.