Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,019 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks (26513 Views)

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Igbo-Amaka.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by BlackfireX: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Look deep you will see salient truth

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by renzo042(m): 10:51am On Apr 23, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
The Ooni has subjected himself, his crown and ile-ife to public ridicule, all because he wants to rewrite history. Even if he wants to unite the igbos and yorubas, he didn't have to go this route. Now even Ohanaeze which represents of igbos, has taken the ridicule even further. Smh.

Embrace the truth, Ooni said nothing but the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by daddyfreeman1(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2019
Kitikpa gbabuo gi for saying we're one.. Anu... When did we become one?? Ufu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by harrismcse: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2019
I hope the ohanaeze did not say that last paragraph in truth cause that would mean you're referring to yorubas as ur slaves. The whole essence of the Ooni's efforts will be defeated[/quote]

A last born prince from Igbo land was loved by the Yorubas in Ife and he lived among them, while they learnt some Igbo tradition from him doesn't make Ife the origin of Igbos, but means that some yorubas have Igbo ancestry if traced. The First tradition u will learn from any Igbo man is breaking of kola nut, because absolutely nothing gets done in Igbo Land without breaking Kolanut.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by 9gerian: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2019
Not sure whether the Ooni’s assertions are correct, but there must have been some ancestral connection if the dna similarity of 99% between the 2 tribes and other west African tribes are correct.

https://www.google.com/amp/venturesafrica.com/yorubas-are-99-9-genetically-igbo-study/amp/

WisdomFlakes:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/ohanaeze-kicks-as-ooni-insists-igbo-are-from-ile-ife/

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by BarrElChapo(m): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2019
I only read the Ohaneze reply I burst out laughing grin grin grin.

Well as and Igbo man, I would rather trace my roots to the Israelites.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by YoungAncient1: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2019
And Oduduwa is from Bini gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by NothingDoMe: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2019
essenceplus:
My belle o
my head oooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by danot1030: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2019
Eyin ibo, Yoruba ni baba yin lojokojo, awa lase ipinle yin.

The more reason why Igbos like Yoruba land is because their root is from here, so they should learn to respect the Yorubas the more.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by OmoOshodi(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2019
Small time ...they will want to contest for the position of kingship in Ile Ife...smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Indigenous(f): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2019
Fighting for freedom is the work of every Biafra's not only Nnamdi kanu .my fellow Biafra's. if you study Yoruba history very well,you will see this people have already been cursed by their fellow Yoruba who they betray back then.the man placed a curse on the Yoruba race that the only thing they will be good at is gossiping, backbiting, wickedness,evil and many unimaginable things.Yoruba people don't have any brain to do anything on their own, they want all of us to remain in a visionless country called nizooria so that they can continue their generation curse/talent of gossip and backbiting on us.my fellow Biafra's He be like say Hausa/Fulani terrorist tribe and their Yoruba gossipers tribe can't survived without Igbo in their hell fire called nizooria because the way they attack Igbo on Biafra issue is getting out of hand

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by chukwuibuipob: 11:04am On Apr 23, 2019
cool grin grin smiley wink grin cool Slaves!from today.all ipob must RESPECT we una brother/ sister. Can ipob do without Kolanut? mbanu!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05am On Apr 23, 2019
There is some truth in what the Ooni says and I see where he is getting at.

However, the truth will not have much impact on the current tribal structures.

What The Ooni is trying to articulate is that the Igbo and Yoruba are from a distant common ancestry. An ancestry way older than Oduduwa or Nri. Both tribes belong to the YEAI Group of Volta-Niger tribes.

However this division happened 1000s of years ago. Its not a division but a natural evolutionary process of diversion of tribes.

Just like how we diverged from chimpanzees and we both share a common ancestor in a now extinct species of Great ape-like ancestors. Yet we dont really intermarry with Chimps do we ? This evolution dates way back when compared to evolution of human tribes. The Chimpanzee-human evolution has crossed the barrier of separate species which will produce sterile offspring if ever there was interbreeding.

Therefore in these terms an Igbo is much closer to a Yoruba and an Edo then say to a Hausa or Arab or Chinese.

In the same manner. A Yoruba is much closer to Igala , Itsekiri than to Igbo. and diverse Yoruba clans are the closest in that they are modern evolved culture with minimal differences and a more concrete form.

This is not interbreeding but diversionary evolution.

Therefore while the Ooni does have a point, it is of no relevance today except to understand where intertribal co-operation and relationship stands in the modern world.

The two cultures and genetic strains have diverged to such a point and to different lifestyles and conditions in that they have developed completely different cultures, language, spirituality and identity with very faint traces of their original ancestral similar culture left in their physique. E.g., faint similarities in some traditional religious references or lingusitc terms and other practices.

They have also slowly evolved different phenotype as well. flat head/ round head.

Thus the Ooni's real point which he is not able to articulate is that in terms of intertribal relationships, we must be conscious where we stand in politics.

A Yoruba must stand first with an Itsekiri and then with an Igbo and then with any other tribe.

He must understand his concentric circle of intertribal relations and where his first allegiance lies. First with his blood people, then his first cousins, then his second cousins, then the nation and then the rest of the world.

@macof what do you have to say about this.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Oguieke(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2019
TheAngry1:
I knew it would come to this. Sadly for the Yoruba Nation, we now have a loquacious and immature babbler occupying the esteemed stool of O'dua. The rabble-rouser thinks he is building bridges. Someone should tell him to shut the fuuuuk up! He is actually fueling prejudice.
Why do you always show how much you hate truth even in the face of evidence.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by ledamaster(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2019
Dear Oni, I truelly respect you for your attempt to settle the rift with the Igbos. But the problem with this your settlement is tgat you are targeting the wrong people. Lets all say Igbos now agrees they are brothers with Yoruba, please advice your subjects, especially Tinubu and hia gang of marauders to join hands with the Igbos to stir the presidency to the South East which will finally kill off the rift.
We can sugar coat things as much as we want but the problem is down to Yoruba greedy quest to short change their so called Brothers. As one born and living in the North, I have come to realize that its not the Average Northerner that have issue with Igbo presidency, Bit the Yorubas who use the media to continue on the narratives abd demonization of the South East.
As it stands today, The North Central, South South, And North East dobt have any problem with the idea of a President from the South East. Those who have this far hindered or continuely undermined this are Yorubas, and fanatic North.
Thing is, for as long as the entire South are not united in a collective demand that power must shift to the South in 2023, as we experienced in 1999 under Gen. Abdulsalam, The South West is on a wild goose chase. The Oni can continue in his unity and brotherly preaching but anything short of a South East presidency come 2023, renders his works useless.
I continue to ask Yorubas, What is your problem with a South East presidency? Why do Yorubas always working against it? Even those from Taraba, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi and so on, who fought and killed at the Civil war have now settled with the Igbos and dont see the emergence of someone from there are a bad thing, why are the Yorubas against Ports working in the South South? Why are they against International Airports in South East and South South or in the middle belt? Why are the Yorubas against the equal spread of development in all sections of Nigeria? why must every thing sited only in South West?

Well the thing is as long as Yorubas are coniving and plotting to cheat others of their turn, as long as they are trying to hold others down so also shall they remain on the floor with them. There will never be a South Presidency again unless the Entire South will collectively agreed it must return. As it stands today, the South South are behind the South East

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Oguieke(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2019
TheAngry1:
I knew it would come to this. Sadly for the Yoruba Nation, we now have a loquacious and immature babbler occupying the esteemed stool of O'dua. The rabble-rouser thinks he is building bridges. Someone should tell him to shut the fuuuuk up! He is actually fueling prejudice.
Why do you always show how much you hate truth even in the face of evidence.Yorubas have been our slaves.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Guestlander: 11:06am On Apr 23, 2019
They are not from Israel?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Princedapace(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2019
Seun, do something about tribal bashing in this forum.

Block an account with any word related to tribal bashing and block the IP too.

We do not need this bashing here and there..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Athena4: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=OmoYorubaNiMio post=77783029]Ooni, I understand what you are trying to do but trust me, Biafuro people when given an inch want to take a mile... See what they are now telling you about Ile-Ife?
Continue!![/quote God forbid
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by RTSC: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2019
Igbos were in Nigeria before everybody else.
The first Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by RTSC: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2019
ledamaster:
Dear Oni, I truelly respect you for your attempt to settle the rift with the Igbos. But the problem with this your settlement is tgat you are targeting the wrong people. Lets all say Igbos now agrees they are brothers with Yoruba, please advice your subjects, especially Tinubu and hia gang of marauders to join hands with the Igbos to stir the presidency to the South East which will finally kill off the rift.
We can sugar coat things as much as we want but the problem is down to Yoruba greedy quest to short change their so called Brothers. As one born and living in the North, I have come to realize that its not the Average Northerner that have issue with Igbo presidency, Bit the Yorubas who use the media to continue on the narratives abd demonization of the South East.
As it stands today, The North Central, South South, And North East dobt have any problem with the idea of a President from the South East. Those who have this far hindered or continuely undermined this are Yorubas, and fanatic North.
Thing is, for as long as the entire South are not united in a collective demand that power must shift to the South in 2023, as we experienced in 1999 under Gen. Abdulsalam, The South West is on a wild goose chase. The Oni can continue in his unity and brotherly preaching but anything short of a South East presidency come 2023, renders his works useless.
I continue to ask Yorubas, What is your problem with a South East presidency? Why do Yorubas always working against it? Even those from Taraba, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi and so on, who fought and killed at the Civil war have now settled with the Igbos and dont see the emergence of someone from there are a bad thing, why are the Yorubas against Ports working in the South South? Why are they against International Airports in South East and South South or in the middle belt? Why are the Yorubas against the equal spread of development in all sections of Nigeria? why must every thing sited only in South West?

Well the thing is as long as Yorubas are coniving and plotting to cheat others of their turn, as long as they are trying to hold others down so also shall they remain on the floor with them. There will never be a South Presidency again unless the Entire South will collectively agreed it must return. As it stands today, the South South are behind the South East
You are giving them more relevance than necessary.

Two of the three pdp presidents got there without Yoruba votes.

As long as igbos play their games right, Yoruba votes don't matter.

Playing your game right is where the work is.
Build political bridges to the rest of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by TheAngry1: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2019
Oguieke:
Why do you always show how much you hate truth even in the face of evidence.Yorubas have been our slaves.

You no get sense! Fuuuuuck off!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by goodmorningnews: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2019
With the comments on the first page, it's obvious most Nairalanders lack "matured comprehension "
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by EmekaBlue(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2019
Its true.....

Ewedu was d left over sour Ofe nsala soup given to our younger odudunwa pple back in ancient times...my greatest grandfather told my great grandfather who told my grandfather that told me...I will also tell my grand children

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 23, 2019
renzo042:

Embrace the truth, Ooni said nothing but the truth.
Exactly. I have the greatest respect for Ooni for speaking the truth. The first Obatala was an Igbo prince from NRI. Igbos are the aborigines of Ile Ife.
PS: And where is the official statement of Ohaneze making this statement?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by OgbanjeProphet: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2019
Me, I am not a Jew or from Israel. Oduduwa did not and does not mean ọdụdụ nwa or last born.
But...

Igbo and Yoruba are brothers. Though they have different distinct cultures, they have more similarities than differences.

If una like, make una allow northerners to keep dividing you, that can never stop Okoyes from marrying a yoruba daughter, or Fani kayodes from marrying an igbo daughter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Alexis11: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2019
lol
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Dreambeat: 11:16am On Apr 23, 2019
In trying to rewrite history, the Ooni has brought in more confusion.The Binis say Oduduwa was a Bini prince.Ohaneze is now saying ODUDUNWA( Oduduwa) was the last born among the Nri sibs.Which one we go believe now.'Igbo, original owners of Ile Ife' grin grin grin grin grin.This part cracked me up.Ohaneze be like,ok let's help you rewrite the history very well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Opiletool(m): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2019
I knew it would come to this. This guy isn't ready for that crown. He needs to be properly groomed. Talking anyhow all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omor Community New Yam Festival In Anambra State (Photos) / Oba Sejiro Olalekan Engages Jaiyeola Omolabake, Daughter Of Ebeneze Obey (Photos / 3 Female Osun Followers Solicit For Alms, Dressed In White (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.