Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks (26516 Views)

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by luminouz(m): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2019
essenceplus:
My belle o
I laughed sotey...I farted!!!
grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by amakenny: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
The Ooni has subjected himself, his crown and ile-ife to public ridicule, all because he wants to rewrite history. Even if he wants to unite the igbos and yorubas, he didn't have to go this route. Now even Ohanaeze, which is a representative of igbos, has taken the ridicule even further. Smh.

All over the world, united groups stand and lead others.

If Yoruba and Igbo refuse to unite, then Fulani and Hausa must continue to lead Igbo and Yoruba by the nose.

Already, Fulani is using its signature Islamic religion to further divide Yoruba and Igbo, and even divide Yoruba itself.
There is nothing to grunt about here

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2019
Ooni is really familiarising unnecessarily. This discourse ain't way to unite two tribes even if there is any disunity rather it would cause more rift with disagreement

How can a whole classic first class of oba of Yoruba land feel he could use individual beliefs to draw universal conclusion

Igbo and Yoruba aren't enemy, these two tribes aren't killing themselves neither have you see Igbo and Yoruba fight that lead to blood shed before. They're only beefing themselves because of political dominance and influence which is normal in a political limelight

So ooni should take a back sit

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by luminouz(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2019
ledamaster:
Dear Oni, I truelly respect you for your attempt to settle the rift with the Igbos. But the problem with this your settlement is tgat you are targeting the wrong people. Lets all say Igbos now agrees they are brothers with Yoruba, please advice your subjects, especially Tinubu and hia gang of marauders to join hands with the Igbos to stir the presidency to the South East which will finally kill off the rift.
We can sugar coat things as much as we want but the problem is down to Yoruba greedy quest to short change their so called Brothers. As one born and living in the North, I have come to realize that its not the Average Northerner that have issue with Igbo presidency, Bit the Yorubas who use the media to continue on the narratives abd demonization of the South East.
As it stands today, The North Central, South South, And North East dobt have any problem with the idea of a President from the South East. Those who have this far hindered or continuely undermined this are Yorubas, and fanatic North.
Thing is, for as long as the entire South are not united in a collective demand that power must shift to the South in 2023, as we experienced in 1999 under Gen. Abdulsalam, The South West is on a wild goose chase. The Oni can continue in his unity and brotherly preaching but anything short of a South East presidency come 2023, renders his works useless.
I continue to ask Yorubas, What is your problem with a South East presidency? Why do Yorubas always working against it? Even those from Taraba, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi and so on, who fought and killed at the Civil war have now settled with the Igbos and dont see the emergence of someone from there are a bad thing, why are the Yorubas against Ports working in the South South? Why are they against International Airports in South East and South South or in the middle belt? Why are the Yorubas against the equal spread of development in all sections of Nigeria? why must every thing sited only in South West?

Well the thing is as long as Yorubas are coniving and plotting to cheat others of their turn, as long as they are trying to hold others down so also shall they remain on the floor with them. There will never be a South Presidency again unless the Entire South will collectively agreed it must return. As it stands today, the South South are behind the South East
I thought u wanted to say something meaningful, but just look at the trash you posted!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 23, 2019
dis one no be secret say my Yoruba land and people na our last born for Igboland, and na ihm make we de pity dem wen dey misbehave

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by searchlight: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2019
LordCenturion:
Ooni don dey fall my hand seriously, wetin concern nnyamirin ina-ki with yoruba people?,how pigs and humans relate?,this is an insults to yoruba people.. we never relate with dirty ipo'd pigs....
he's just doing the usual. Begging for unity

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by YourNemesis: 11:28am On Apr 23, 2019
PAGAN9JA:
There is some truth in what the Ooni says and I see where he is getting at.

However, the truth will not have much impact on the current tribal structures.

What The Ooni is trying to articulate is that the Igbo and Yoruba are from a distant common ancestry. An ancestry way older than Oduduwa or Nri. Both tribes belong to the YEAI Group of Volta-Niger tribes.

However this division hapoened 1000s of years ago. Its not a division but a natural evolutionary process of diversion of tribes.

Just like how we diverged from chimpanzees and we both share a common ancestor in a now extinct species of Great ape-like ancestors. Yet we dont really intermarry with Chimps do we ? This evolution dates way back when compared to evolution of human tribes. The Chimpanzee-human evolution has crossed the barrier of separate species which will produce sterile offspring if ever there was interbreeding.

Therefore in these terms an Igbo is much closer to a Yoruba and an Edo then say to a Hausa or Arab or Chinese.

In the same manner. A Yoruba is much closer to Igala , Itsekiri than to Igbo. and diverse Yoruba clans are the closest in that they are modern evolved culture with minimal differences and a more concrete form.

This is not interbreeding but diversionary evolution.

Therefore while the Ooni does have a point, it is of no relevance today except as an understand of where intertribal co-operation and relationship stands in the modern world.

The two cultures and genetic strains have diverged to such a point and to different lifestyles and conditions in that they have developed completely different cultures, language, spirituality and identity with very faint traces of their original ancestral similar culture left in their physique. E.g., in some traiditonal religious references or lingusitc terms and other practices.

They have also slowly evolved different phenotype as well. flat head/ round head.

Thus the Ooni's real point which is not able to articulate is that in terms of intertribal relationships, we must be conscious where we stand in politics.

A Yoruba must stand first with an Itsekiri and then with an Igbo and then with any other tribe.

He must understand his concentric circle of intertribal relations and where his first allegiance lies. First with his blood people, then his first cousins, then his second cousins, then the nation and then the rest of the world.

@macof what do you have to say about this.

Yoruba and Igbo do not stem from the same lineage, don’t believe that lie.
Itsekiris are our siblings, Igala are our cousins, while Ebira, Edos, Nupes, Fons, Baribas, Urhobos (Via Itsekiris), the western Ijaws like the Apoi and Arogbo and finally The Ewes are our physical neighbourhood acquitances.

That’s about all there is to it.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Alexis11: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2019
ledamaster:
[s]Dear Oni, I truelly respect you for your attempt to settle the rift with the Igbos. But the problem with this your settlement is tgat you are targeting the wrong people. Lets all say Igbos now agrees they are brothers with Yoruba, please advice your subjects, especially Tinubu and hia gang of marauders to join hands with the Igbos to stir the presidency to the South East which will finally kill off the rift.
We can sugar coat things as much as we want but the problem is down to Yoruba greedy quest to short change their so called Brothers. As one born and living in the North, I have come to realize that its not the Average Northerner that have issue with Igbo presidency, Bit the Yorubas who use the media to continue on the narratives abd demonization of the South East.
As it stands today, The North Central, South South, And North East dobt have any problem with the idea of a President from the South East. Those who have this far hindered or continuely undermined this are Yorubas, and fanatic North.
Thing is, for as long as the entire South are not united in a collective demand that power must shift to the South in 2023, as we experienced in 1999 under Gen. Abdulsalam, The South West is on a wild goose chase. The Oni can continue in his unity and brotherly preaching but anything short of a South East presidency come 2023, renders his works useless.
I continue to ask Yorubas, What is your problem with a South East presidency? Why do Yorubas always working against it? Even those from Taraba, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi and so on, who fought and killed at the Civil war have now settled with the Igbos and dont see the emergence of someone from there are a bad thing, why are the Yorubas against Ports working in the South South? Why are they against International Airports in South East and South South or in the middle belt? Why are the Yorubas against the equal spread of development in all sections of Nigeria? why must every thing sited only in South West?

Well the thing is as long as Yorubas are coniving and plotting to cheat others of their turn, as long as they are trying to hold others down so also shall they remain on the floor with them. There will never be a South Presidency again unless the Entire South will collectively agreed it must return. As it stands today, the South South are behind the South East[/b]

Will Tinubu stop PDP from zoning Presidency to the East

Will Igbos vote massively for an Igbo man in APC

Why not learn to tell yourself the truth and stop being emotional

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by searchlight: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2019
ItzBIM:
We the real Omo ife ...disagree baje baje
your fathers opinion count not not to talk of imbecilic you
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2019
People getting killed for rituals all over their domain but all these 'leaders' can do is argue over useless things

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:34am On Apr 23, 2019
YourNemesis:

Yoruba and Igbo do not stem from the same lineage, don’t believe that lie.
Itsekiris are our siblings, Igala are our cousins, while Ebira, Edos, Nupes, Fons, Baribas and Ewes are our physical neighbourhood acquitances.

That’s about all there is to it.

You are missing my point. The tribes you mentioned are your closest relatives today.

Igbos must have diverged way back before even these tribes existed. Therefore they are completely different to Yorubas and are very distinct and separate groups now. evem more so than the groups you mentioned. They migjt habe been related 10000 years ago but today they are evolved to the point where they are not related anymore. Atleast to a great extent.

There are many layers of lineage. Its just the difference between what is acceptable today and what is not. E.g., You share a lineage with Chimpanzee too. 98% of your DNA. but even that 2% difference can produce completely different beings. so imagine what a 0.0098% difference can create for example.

I conclude as I said before the Oooni talks sense and nonsense as well. You are related as well as unrelated to Igbos. Therefor the consequence of this debate is 0. because today Yoruba is different Itsekiri is a bit different, Igbo is a bit more different Chinese is a bit more more different and Chimpanzee is way too different.

End of the day,Yoruba must stick to Yoruba first and foremost. same applies to the rest. Let Evolution take its natural course.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by JubrilBuhari: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2019

1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by litaninja(m): 11:37am On Apr 23, 2019
This is what adults are sitting to drag about...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by YourNemesis: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

You are missing my point. The tribes you mentioned are your closest relatives today.

Igbos must have diverged way back before even these tribes existed. Therefore they are completely different to Yorubas and are very distinct and separate groups now. evem more so than the groups you mentioned. They migjt habe been related 10000 years ago but today they are evolved to the point where they are not related anymore. Atleast to a great extent.

There are many layers of lineage. Its just the difference between what is acceptable today and what is not. E.g., You share a lineage with Chimpanzee too. 98% of your DNA. but even that 2% difference can produce completely different beings. so imagine what a 0.0098% difference can create for example.

I conclude as I said before the Oooni talks sense and nonsense as well. You are related as well as unrelated to Igbos. Therefor the consequence of this debate is 0. because today Yoruba is different Itsekiri is a bit different, Igbo is a bit more different Chinese is a bit more more different and Chimpanzee is way too different.

End of the day,Yoruba must stick to Yoruba first and foremost. same applies to the rest. Let Evolution take its natural course.

Yorubas are from the Niger Benue trough area, the Igalas went east and we went west. From the group that went west, the Itsekiris then left at a much later time and went deep south.
Igbos are not from the Niger-Benue area... they are from Cameroon, Central African republic- or there abouts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by criuze(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2019
Cant reserve God's blessing for this man

We are much better united

There's lot of igbo joined names in yoruba , sometimes i want to ask the meaning of "igbo" in yoruba langauae, if it had another meaning fine and better.

I always see the traces of my people in the oduduwa land.

Finally we are one.

We dont need continues this hatred

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Aboguede(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2019
Very biter facts

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Malawian(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2019
Yorubas were not southerners before. They were chased out of the North by the Nupe and the Hausa superior tribes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by enemyofprogress: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2019
I don't fokn care, the pussy no dey even sweet self

Just Because I Don't go to Church regularly, doesn't mean I don't know that Adam killed Goliath.�
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by starstaz(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
The Ooni has subjected himself, his crown and ile-ife to public ridicule, all because he wants to rewrite history. Even if he wants to unite the igbos and yorubas, he didn't have to go this route. Now even Ohanaeze, which is a representative of igbos, has taken the ridicule even further. Smh.

Thanks jareee. Abi! What's all these controversy meant for. Must everybody originated from life land.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Born2Breed(f): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2019
harrismcse:
I hope the ohanaeze did not say that last paragraph in truth cause that would mean you're referring to yorubas as ur slaves. The whole essence of the Ooni's efforts will be defeated

A last born prince from Igbo land was loved by the Yorubas in Ife and he lived among them, while they learnt some Igbo tradition from him doesn't make Ife the origin of Igbos, but means that some yorubas have Igbo ancestry if traced. The First tradition u will learn from any Igbo man is breaking of kola nut, because absolutely nothing gets done in Igbo Land without breaking Kolanut.

Same as the Benin's.

Kolanut is very important in the Benin tradition and every part of a broken kolanut has a meaning and it's shared in a way that when done wrongly slap will reset the brain of the young offender.

The only painful thing is females don't partake in sharing or choosing before any male.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Neoteny(m): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2019
Wasn't this the same tribal clown who said Google was powered by a yoruba oracle?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Nsonaso(m): 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
Floryangel8:
Hmmmm, with the kind hatred the youths from the two tribes are showing online I believe they must be descendants of Cain and Abel or Esau and Jacob. Wetin I know sef

No mind those wasteful youth's and children of hatred.

Forget that together we stand and alone stumble

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by jrusky(m): 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
Anybody can say anything but what is pissing me off in all these igbo are from Mars, igbo are jews, igbo are Yoruba etc is the failure of igbo people to have a firm proof of their origin than trying to force themselves on isreal claiming Jew. I can not blame Ooni a bit when you can not proof your lineage with facts everybody come saying what they like or presumed.

At least true or false he has contributed the little he beliefs he knew. Abusing him make no sense. And for those insulting him why can't you pls drop facts as per igbo origin and biko I beg you I don't want to hear that jew nonsense that one Jacob son lost his brain and walked down to Igbo land thrash or thunder will strike you.

If you have nothing meaningful to say just shut up and never quote me.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by kernniejay(m): 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2019
This igbo people sef, most confused tribe in history. Na so Nnamdi Kanu played una head say una be Jews, now na Ooni dey toy with una head dey call una yoruba descendants, later nah Abubakar Shekau, boko haram leader go come out to tell una say ur origin na from sambisa forest and all una go follow am.
Make una dey try use una head biko.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by chris31(m): 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2019
Confusion still dey
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Levi218(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
Chai for this our Naija eh, stomach pain no go kill me.Lie lie everywhere, trying unite people that don't want to be united. Science and health educators made us know that, u can't hold back your urine or feaces when your body wants to excrete it out, if you do, you will be causing for your health a problem. So piss it off and shit it out and your body will be ok, even you too will be relieved. So is it with this country piss and shit this people off, and the country will progress. Very simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Amalekki: 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
Child of fantastic 'cho cho cho cho cho' stories wey Oba Adesoji Aderemi, Okunade Sijuwade and Alaafin of Oyo no know grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Levi218(m): 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2019
luminouz:

I thought u wanted to say something meaningful, but just look at the trash you posted!!! undecided
Guy you are a fool you don't know anything good
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by luminouz(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
Levi218:
Guy you are a fool you don't know anything good
HATER!!!!!

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by DammyGbade(m): 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
This is true to some extent... I'm sure about some part of Niger-Delta states... But that of Igbo look sketchy... Delta-Igbos and some parts of river state were colonised by Yoruba warrior... The warriors married some of them and there was a kind of intertribal procreation which spread to IMO and parts of Abia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Guide777(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
I don't blame people who are crying foul. Those who criticise Ooni are not familiar with the unpopular but true history of this part of Nigeria. Its has not been taught in our schools so how would they know.
But if you want to know , Google is your friend. Start with the works of Prof. Obianuju Acholonu you will see where Ooni is coming from. I might suggest one of her research work " They lived before Adam" .
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by kayusely70(m): 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
The Ooni is suffering from youthful exuberance, he is too young for that crown.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Call These Colours In Your Local Dialect? / Omor Community New Yam Festival In Anambra State (Photos) / Oba Sejiro Olalekan Engages Jaiyeola Omolabake, Daughter Of Ebeneze Obey (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.