Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks (26512 Views)

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by MrPresident1: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
Yoruba are Judah and Igbo are Benjamin, I said this a not too long ago. Judah and Benjamin are the tribes of Southern Israel. Yoruba behave with wisdom and discretion because they are the elde brother, while Igbo behave with brashness and boldness because they are the younger brother.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by nwanyionitsha: 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
LordCenturion:
Ooni don dey fall my hand seriously, wetin concern nnyamirin ina-ki with yoruba people?,how pigs and humans relate?,this is an insults to yoruba people.. we never relate with dirty ipo'd pigs....
Animals living in covens feasting on human flesh and skulls have mouth to call others name. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by nwanyionitsha: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:
grin grin grin

You guys have always wanted to claim Lagos because it is Heaven to you.

Now, we have pitied our slaves and given them honorary citizenship YET you still complain! grin grin
Caliphate and emirate slaves feeling fly.
Oya, enter your coven.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by nwanyionitsha: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
neonly:
Igbo Don suffer for dis naija (igbo a tribe without origin)
See this odudunwa ne me nwa grin grin
Ile nkita.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
macof:

There is no truth to what he is saying, nobody who knows the Yoruba well can say that

Reason why i say this?
There is a subgroup of the Yoruba people called the Ilaje in modern Ondo State, within the ilaje a great kingdom exist called Ugbo (Igbo in standard Yoruba dialect)
This man who calls himself an ọba but keeps embarrassing the throne by talking too much

He is intentionally denying and trying to wipe out Ugbo from ife history and replace it with Igbo(Ibo) probably due to the Olugbo claiming to be superior to the Ọọ̀ni some time ago..https://www.nairaland.com/3799474/im-leader-yoruba-monarchs-olugbo
https://www.nairaland.com/3501858/ooni-ogunwusi-olugbo-akinruntan-supremacy

Ọọ̀ni is probably firing back but in the process making a mess of things.. Instead of focusing on settle the controversy of Odùduwà's origin he is scattering things

I refuse to believe he doesn't know that the "Igbo" yoruba history talks about is Ugbo not Ibo, he should know, children know this

And the Olugbo came out some days ago to correct this fallacy https://www.nairaland.com/5133314/yorubas-no-ancestral-link-igbo

I am not saying yoruba and Igbo share no ties, we do going back longer than any of us can remember, but absolutely no Yoruba records of history significantly talk about igbos. .. And the igbos themselves, I don't know if their ancestors kept records in any form because modern igbos don't know any history
Only evidence of a connection are in linguistics and some traditional elements
Experts say the Yoruba and Igbo split 3000 years ago

So this is very different from the Ife-Igbo conflict of less than 1000 years ago

Alright I didn't know about this angle to the story.

Yes obviously whatever I said cant have been recorded , especially in the primitive state of recording history present here. Whatever I said belongs to pre-history and the times of human evolution into modern tribal groups which is why I lept reiterating that it has no bearing on the modern context.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by neonly: 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
See this odudunwa ne me nwa grin grin
Ile nkita.

Typical igbo boy always abusing anything
Can you just prove me wrong instead of d abuse
Well it seems it true abt what I post cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Shinjitsu: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ooni is mad let me teach him

The Nri Kingdom in the Awka area was founded in about 900 AD in North Central Igboland, and is the oldest Kingdom in Nigeria. The Nsukka-Awka-Orlu axis is said to be the oldest area of Igbo settlement and therefore, homeland of the Igbo people. It was a center of spirituality, learning, and commerce. They were agents of peace and harmony whose influence stretched beyond Igboland. The Nri people's influence in neighboring lands was especially in Southern Igalaland and Benin kingdom in the 12th to 15th centuries

Your stupid ooni should go and fix himself first before talking trash

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Guide777(m): 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
ademijuwonlo:

They won't read 'cos they hate the truth!
Truth is always bitter
You are right sis
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Levi218(m): 7:00am On Apr 24, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You can't unite People with lies
This is it they take us as if we are still in the 1960s. They just keep on lying to us as if we are not wise and fools.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2019
PythonAmaka:

Yio ba'ya re. Evidently, you're a product of a sex romp your mother had with a gala hawker on a cold night at a bumpy road.
True to type, you do know the lineage of your Osu father in the east, Omo ale.
Your premonitions, indeed could be true, being a strange blood in a strange land, however so abominably, living under the pretence of a royal lineage. A questionable birth of false ancestry.

Today, you have been cursed, Egbe ni fun e lati oni lo.
A list of several unfounded and uncorroborated research have been done by a few number of your pseudo intellectuals under the influence of Aba weed, in a bid to trace the identity of your lesser tribe to anyone & everyone. With the very recent as cunningly as it could have an appeal to the Yoruba folks. DOA!
You are a seed of misfortune to the Yoruba race. Go look for your Osu father.. Omo Iran ajeokuta ma mu'mi.
*spits

-python amaka

That simply defines your mother's history of prostitution and carelessness... Guess your miserable, dirty,public toilet,public sperm dumpster and stinky mom who brought curse(you) into this world also forgot to teach you home training because you lack it.....A leave doesn't fall far from its tree. FYI, the fact that your mom gave birth to you from whoring doesn't mean other godly and hardworking women did the same . I can't just imagine the kind of home you come from .....Omo ti ko leko ....omoale to nhun daleru....atoko wa bale je, Omo ale jati jati....Omo ti ko niran!

Enjoy your Nairaland fame since your real life is empty and your relevance starts and ends with Nairaland.
I think all these have affected your brain and it is now malfunctioning....I would love to suggest you visit a psychiatric Doctor for therapy sessions, it ll do you a lot of good.I
pity your shameful and lacklustre existence!

I won't get in the mud with you because you are a pig and muddy water is your domain. You can continue to rave and rant but I ll no longer dignify you with my time.

Oh, your uncontrollable spits and your curses are on you and your unborn generations.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by MrPresident1: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
It is a fact that the Igbos and Yorubas are brothers, but the Igbo/Ugbo of the Moremi fame is not the Igbos of southeast Nigerian, it is the Ugbo of the Ilajes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by MetaPhysical: 2:37am On Apr 25, 2019
PAGAN9JA:
There is some truth in what the Ooni says and I see where he is getting at.

However, the truth will not have much impact on the current tribal structures.

What The Ooni is trying to articulate is that the Igbo and Yoruba are from a distant common ancestry. An ancestry way older than Oduduwa or Nri. Both tribes belong to the YEAI Group of Volta-Niger tribes.

However this division happened 1000s of years ago. Its not a division but a natural evolutionary process of diversion of tribes.

Just like how we diverged from chimpanzees and we both share a common ancestor in a now extinct species of Great ape-like ancestors. Yet we dont really intermarry with Chimps do we ? This evolution dates way back when compared to evolution of human tribes. The Chimpanzee-human evolution has crossed the barrier of separate species which will produce sterile offspring if ever there was interbreeding.

Therefore in these terms an Igbo is much closer to a Yoruba and an Edo then say to a Hausa or Arab or Chinese.

In the same manner. A Yoruba is much closer to Igala , Itsekiri than to Igbo. and diverse Yoruba clans are the closest in that they are modern evolved culture with minimal differences and a more concrete form.

This is not interbreeding but diversionary evolution.

Therefore while the Ooni does have a point, it is of no relevance today except to understand where intertribal co-operation and relationship stands in the modern world.

The two cultures and genetic strains have diverged to such a point and to different lifestyles and conditions in that they have developed completely different cultures, language, spirituality and identity with very faint traces of their original ancestral similar culture left in their physique. E.g., faint similarities in some traditional religious references or lingusitc terms and other practices.

They have also slowly evolved different phenotype as well. flat head/ round head.

Thus the Ooni's real point which he is not able to articulate is that in terms of intertribal relationships, we must be conscious where we stand in politics.

A Yoruba must stand first with an Itsekiri and then with an Igbo and then with any other tribe.

He must understand his concentric circle of intertribal relations and where his first allegiance lies. First with his blood people, then his first cousins, then his second cousins, then the nation and then the rest of the world.

@macof what do you have to say about this.

Ile Ife was a seat of NOK rulers and in their epoch it was not known as Ile Ife, it must have had its own name which is lost to us. The name Ile Ife was brought with Oduduwa when he settled from migration from East into the interior and he changed the indigeneous political government to a new order and then re-christened and initiated the rulers he met on ground to a new naming title prefixed with OBA.

Those who use red in the ritual attire of their monarchy have ties to NOK. Those who use blue or white have ties to migrant stock.

There is a lot of history left untold by narrators of Niger peoples.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by oaroloye(m): 6:42am On Apr 25, 2019
SHALOM!

The IGBOS are descendants of ERI,
the fifth son of GAD.

. GENESIS 46:15-16.

15. These be the sons of Leah,
which she bare unto Jacob
in Padanaram,
with his daughter Dinah:
all the souls of his sons
and his daughters
were thirty and three.
16. And the sons of Gad;
Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon,
ERI, and Arodi, and Areli.

THEY ABANDONED THEIR ISRAELITE BRETHREN IN ANCIENT EGYPT BEFORE THE EXODUS, AND CAME TO EAST NIGERIA.

They knew NOTHING about YAHWEH GOD, nor MOSES, nor The TORAH.

NO IGBO I have known has known anything about being a HEBREW ISRAELITE.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by goalernestman: 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

The IGBOS are descendants of ERI,
the fifth son of GAD.

. [b]GENESIS 46:15-16.[/b

15. These be the sons of Leah,
which she bare unto Jacob
in Padanaram,
with his daughter Dinah:
all the souls of his sons
and his daughters
were thirty and three.
16. And the sons of Gad;
Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon,
ERI, and Arodi, and Areli.

THEY ABANDONED THEIR ISRAELITE BRETHREN IN ANCIENT EGYPT BEFORE THE EXODUS, AND CAME TO EAST NIGERIA.

They knew NOTHING about YAHWEH GOD, nor MOSES, nor The TORAH.

NO IGBO I have known has known anything about being a HEBREW ISRAELITE.

And this Eri is the first king of igbo land?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by macof(m): 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Ile Ife was a seat of NOK rulers and in their epoch it was not known as Ile Ife, it must have had its own name which is lost to us. The name Ile Ife was brought with Oduduwa when he settled from migration from East into the interior and he changed the indigeneous political government to a new order and then re-christened and initiated the rulers he met on ground to a new naming title prefixed with OBA.

Those who use red in the ritual attire of their monarchy have ties to NOK. Those who use blue or white have ties to migrant stock.

The name Ilé-Ifè was not brought by Odudua
The land from inception was called ife.. "ile" was added to the name like its typical to Yoruba cities
Eg. Oyo-ilé, Èkó-ilé, Imesi-ilé
This pattern is done using "ode" as well eg."òde-itsekiri", Ìjẹ̀bú-òde

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by goalernestman: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
macof:

The land from inception was called ife.. "ile" was added to the name like its typical to Yoruba cities

Ile ife was give by Oduduwa just like Ile ibinu was given to edo by his son all those rest place you mention came into existance after Oduduwa not before Oduduwa.

and also benin is an opposite meaning of Ife
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by macof(m): 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
goalernestman:

Ile ife was give by Oduduwa just like Ile ibinu was given to edo by his son all those rest place you mention came into existance after Oduduwa not before Oduduwa.

and also benin is an opposite meaning of Ife
You can believe what you want, I don't intend convincing anyone who has made up their mind on what to hold true

But know that there is Ife oodaye, ife ooye, otu ife
All terms referring to Ife

And again I'll say, the "ile" was simply added to signify the land as a major city.. A reoccurring theme across yorubaland

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by goalernestman: 2:50am On Apr 26, 2019
macof:

You can believe what you want, I don't intend convincing anyone who has made up their mind on what to hold true

And again I'll say, the "ile" was simply added to signify the land as a major city.. A reoccurring theme across yorubaland

this you mention was still after Oduduwa
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by MetaPhysical: 3:22am On Apr 26, 2019
macof:

That sound believable. If I follow this explanation it would mean that "Ile" is not indigeneous to the NOK rulers in Ife but a foreign word donated to it. So in the indigeneous language, what does Ife mean? Till date Ife has been explained as a Yoruba word meaning expansion...but the NOK, a pre-Yoruba people were not expansionist like the Yorubas. So the word-phenomenon in IFE is true to type for the Yoruba but how do we make sense of it or explain it for their hosts?

Furthermore, the concept and protocol of naming towns, in addition to the ones you listed, include "Ado", "Oke", "Ita", "Isale". If you inspect these words you will see they depict a geo- (or cardinal) reference in an urban setting. There are many words donated to English language from its Latin and Roman predecessors and which through the ages and their etymology had been corrupted or completely dislodged from its original root. URBAN is one of such words. OBA is the root word of URBAN. OBA is the lord of a large territorial domain in which we can find Ile, Ode, Ado, Oke, Ita, Isale, and so on.... In other words, the summation of Ile, Ode, Ado, Oke, Ita, Isale and on and on....is what we've accustomed in modernity to term URBAN.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Olu317(m): 7:55am On Apr 26, 2019
macof:

Ife was ancestral link name to oshin-Elufin-odudua's group because, it is a word found in Ifa corpuses. Interestingly, ifa is verses of words of yoruba ancient ancestors, which were given to them by God,that is meant to heal,correct,encourage, seek the face of one's Creator etc.Thus, the man named Oshin and his group brought the language to the site renamed Ileife, which is the reason the construction of Opa Ornamiyan and Ogun obelisks represent their spoken language pictographs etc,which meant to be deciphered. Then Ile(land,),ere (muddy land) ,era (swampy land)etc are actual words from odudua group. No one actually know th name of ancient place called Ileife in Nigeria because it has gone with the whirlwind. Furthermore, the following are the meaning of OOdè :

Oodè/Odè : it is ‘base' or foundational settlement.

‘Odè' : it is another settlement renamed as one's or clan's base which is outside ,the original homeland.

Odè: to go out for an outing in another base.

Cheers
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:52am On Apr 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

May I ask you where did you get the bolded information from?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by goalernestman: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
Olu317:

Ife was ancestral link name to oshin-Elufin-odudua's group because, it is a word found in Ifa corpuses. Interestingly, ifa is verses of words of yoruba ancient ancestors, which were given to them by God,that is meant to heal,correct,encourage, seek the face of one's Creator etc.Thus, the man named Oshin and his group brought the language to the site renamed Ileife, which is the reason the construction of Opa Ornamiyan and Ogun obelisks represent their spoken language pictographs etc,which meant to be deciphered. Then Ile(land,),ere (muddy land) ,era (swampy land)etc are actual words from odudua group. No one actually know th name of ancient place called Ileife in Nigeria because it has gone with the whirlwind. Furthermore, the following are the meaning of OOdè :

Oodè/Odè : it is ‘base' or foundational settlement.

‘Odè' : it is another settlement renamed as one's or clan's base which is outside ,the original homeland.

Odè: to go out for an outing in another base.

Cheers

Yes that what I told him that those ile came after oduduwa. But one thing is setting a word which have same meaning in both Benin and Yoruba.

The word is Ile according to Yoruba account of Benin oromyan said Ile meaning run Ile ibinu I run out Edo says same word same meaning same just because you always want to believe oduduwa came from the sky you even neglecte a word that even has a meaning in your language.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by goalernestman: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
goalernestman:

Yes that what I told him that those ile came after oduduwa. But one thing is setting a word which have same meaning in both Benin and Yoruba.

The word is Ile according to Yoruba account of Benin oromyan said Ile meaning run Ile ibinu I run out Edo says same word same meaning same just because you always want to believe oduduwa came from the sky you even neglecte a word that even has a meaning in your language.

How can you say the Ile in Benin is run and your own Ile is not run. Yoruba too funny me
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by MetaPhysical: 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

May I ask you where did you get the bolded information from?

The knowledge of NOK with us in Nigeria is approximate. What I mean here is, NOK is the adapted name for the Terracotta civilization, it is not a truthful identity. In absence of the true identity NOK was used as a gap filler pending more revelations and precision in the field.

Why NOK and not another name?
The first discovery (involuntary) of terracotta heads happened in Jos during commercial mining activity. Researchers were interested and conducted controlled field examinations of the area and found more but without a pattern or story to tell. In NOK village (Southern Kaduna) they found heads that told a story, thus it was assumed the place was cental to the terracotta civilization. They named it NOK terracotta, or NOK civilization, making reference to the Gbagyi village of Nok.

Since that founding and naming in NOK follow up studies found large stock of terracotta heads and in fact what appears to be terracotta arts and terracotta-based structstes in sub-terranean crypts in Ile-Ife. The digs in Ife were even more significant and reported as more refined, connecting to State Rulers.

Terracotta heads were also found in Benin. These were said to be copies or duplicates of the Ife type.

In all of terracotta digs and finds in Nigeria, none has yet to match the dimensions in craftsnanship, beauty and meaning as those of Ife, even though it was not the first to be discovered.

What I wrote above is what we know, and like I said in that post you referenced a lot has not been told or rediscovered.

Nothing should stop us from proposing theories that can further the provocation and knowledge of earlieat civilizations in Nigeria.

Currently the seat of NOK civilization is vaguely described as the Niger-Basin trough....even when no terracotta treasure has been found anywhere outside Ife to give hints that a seat of civilization existed anywhere else.

In contemporary works a declaration would have already been circulated and announced that due to preponderance of independently verifiable evidence, on surface, in topsoil and subterranean indicating that Ife had an old civilization and served as focal point for other communities in which terracotta was a central object of king worship and cultism and thus should be accepted as the seat of power and regal presence for that world order.

The belief that Niger-Benue is seat of NOK power is old belief and static with no new results to validate it.

The claim that Ile Ife is seat of NOK civilization is my own theory and approximation. Somebody approximated NOK to terracotta, why cant another person approximate the seat of its civilization to Ife? It doesn't have to be sourced to a reference or authority since the last authority is seriously in need of revalidations anyway.

Egypt had two capitals, Upper and Lower Egypt. The Upper Egypt was in Djebes (close to Khartoum) and where the State and Sovereign power resided. The Lower capital was further up in the Mediterranean delta and close by Alexandria.

Is it possible rulers of NOK had a similar arrangement? Could Niger-Benue valley been the commercial gateway and frontier capital and Ile Ife the sovereign state capital?

To summarize on the knowns,
1. There is a pre-civilization, NOK.
2. The character of NOK is terracotta
3. The seat of NOK power is IFE

So what material evidence exist, beside sculpted clay, to tell us those under the suzerainty of Ife NOK rulers....what ties them together?

The color red is just one and probably the most obvious. In language the letter "G" ..or "IG" is also a common thread of identification.

They are not necessarily a people of same stock but they all paid tax to Ife Kings and wore red costumes to signify or symbolize class in political/spiritual office. On their hats they bear feathers.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks by Olu317(m): 10:20am On May 01, 2019
goalernestman:

I hope you won't quote me anymore on Oranmiyan because you people are ruled by a YORUBA Prince from Uleufe. Kindly go through the suppression of truth by Oba Erediuwa in 1979, after he had reenacted the Okiokpagha Treaty!

Courtesy: Prince oba loye to the voice of Omo'ba Onijebu.

RECENT LITIGATION BETWEEN OGISO DYNASTY AND ODUDUA DYNASTY

RECENT LITIGATION BETWEEN OGISO DYNASTY AND ODUDUA DYNASTY IN BENIN KINGDOM

The greatest undoing of a man is to deny his ancestral root over pride! So is the seemingly case of the descendants of the yoruba ruling class in Benin who tried so much to deny their historical link to Yoruba people by claiming odudua was an Ogiso prince who fled to ileife and became a king. Unfortunately the Ogiso dynasty,whose descendants are the Ogiamen have these evidence to share at the supreme court of Nigeria which clearly shows the power tussle between they, the descendants of Ogiso versus Oba Eweka1 of Benin land and descendants who are descendants of Oranmiyan from Ufe land, who are strangers in Benin and remained odudua descendants of Yoruba origin from UleIfe.... “The original history has it that the Ogiso group migrated from Ife forest land". Ogiso dynasty which ”initially belonged to Obatala controlled group, was successfully subjugated and subsumed to Odudua authority by the Royal Troupe from the ancient UFE land , led by Prince Oranmiyan in the then 11th/12th century."

The case:
There was a case involving the self acclaimed Ogiamen imperial Majesty , Rich Arisco Osemwengie JP OGISO FAMILY AND OBA OF BENIN TRADITIONAL COUNCIL,at the adoption of Briefs in the supreme court of Nigeria. Obviously one can clearly call it a dangerous sacrilegious display against the oba of Benin at the Supreme Court premises in Abuja. But whatever happened, every born descendants have right to protect their family heritage and dignity.

At the Supreme court in Abuja;
Justice Jimi Olukayode of Appeal Court in his Judgement in the Appeal Case No: CA/B/99/2016, dated Wednesday 16th Day of November 2016 ruled that : ‘It is my humble view that the Ogiamen of Benin Chieftaincy is one of the recognised instruments (M.S.L.N 37 of 1968).

The Ogiso/Ogiamen Royal Dynasty stool came into existence in 9th century AD. 300 Years after, in 12th Century AD ,when Obaship was forcefully introduced by Ule Ufe via the MEMORABLE EKIOKPAGHA TREATY. In 1979,Oba Erediauwa singlehandedly and secretly used the instrumentality of government at his disposal WITHOUT the KNOWLEDGE OF THE ABORIGINE BENIN and consultation with THE GREAT OGIAMEN ROYAL FAMILY, which is provided for, under the provision of section 5(1) & (2) and section 27(1) of the traditional Rulers and chiefs Law of 1979 and section 36 of the constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria in 1999 as ammended,included the Ogiamen Royal stool that has already been gazetted as a TRADITIONAL RULER(M.S.L.N 37 of 1968) by the Mid-western state of Nigeria into the repealed chiefs Law(Cap 37) of the traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edicts of 1979,FIVE MONTH after, he, OBA EREDIAUWA had REENACTED THE EKIOKPAGHA TREATY with OGIAMEN OSAROBO OKUONGHAE before the confirmation by the Edo state government as the new Oba of Benin kingdom, which only came to our Court 1,Benin City, in which our Majesty and chief Patrick Osabuohien,the oliha of utatan,Benin kingdom were charged for illegal installation and remanded to OKO PRISON for almost TWO months before both of them were allowed BAIL ,that led to the case in the SUPREME COURT.

Inspite of this, the Appeal Court Ruled that the OGIAMEN ROYAL FAMILY:
WENT TO SLEEP SINCE 1979 AND WOKE UP IN 2015,which is over 37 years after the cause of action arose.

Went to sleep Indeed! For the action against the aborigine of BENIN AND OGIAMEN ROYAL DYNASTY which OBA EREDIAUWA KEPT SECRET TO HIMSELF ALONE SINCE 1979 ,which we did not know until September 2015 and again, the COURT of APPEAL ruled that the Ogiamen Royal Dynasty is therefore guilty of inordinate delay in bringing the action to ventilate their grievances.
However, despite this pronouncement,the judgement of Justice Olukayode Baba and the letter WRITTEN TO US by Oba EREDIUWA, Ref:BTC/A7/3/Vol.1x/205, dated March 15th 2016 in which Oba EREDIUWA recognised UTANTAN ,BENIN KINGDOM AND OGIAMEN ROYAL STOOL GAZETTED (M.S.L.N 37 of 1979) as a DISTINCT ROYAL STOOL

Thus,this confirmed that

1. That Oba Oba Erediuwa singlehandedly changed the law of midwetern state of Nigeria into the repeal chiefs law (cap37) of the traditional Rulers chiefs Edict of 1979, which was done five months after he,Oba Erediuwa had reenacted the Ekiokpagha Treaty.

2. Ogiamen Royal dynasty ,Utantan ,Bini kingdom is an autonomous Royal family, which is distnc from Oba of Benin

3. That the Ogiamen Royal dynasty ,Utantan Benin Kingdom is therefore the aboriginal Benin

4. That the Ogiamen Royal Dynasty ,Utantan,Benin Kingdom is the Oba's lessor;

5. That the Ogiamen Royal dynasty,Utantan,Benin kingdom is the authentic Ogiso dynasty

6.Confirm that the existence of the memorable Ekiokpagha Treaty that created the two Royal dynasties in Igodomigodo ,that is the Ogiamen Royal Dynasty as Utantan ,Benin kingdom and Oba Eweka1.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omor Community New Yam Festival In Anambra State (Photos) / Oba Sejiro Olalekan Engages Jaiyeola Omolabake, Daughter Of Ebeneze Obey (Photos / 3 Female Osun Followers Solicit For Alms, Dressed In White (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.