Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai (36367 Views)

Danfo Driver Almost Strip Bribe-Seeking Policeman Unclad During A Fight In Lagos / Bribe-seeking Policeman Forced To Sit On The Ground After Being Arrested. Photo / Two Bribe-seeking Policemen Crushed To Death By A Truck In Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by johnemeka(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ah!
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by ogbonti: 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2019
post=77826938:
The passengers can always sue.

This madness must STOP.

All we need are some scape goats.

Exactly, almost 20 year's ago, a friend of mine was travelling to Dubai on a Virgin passport. The mistake he made was that his Kenyan Airways flight was 4pm

If he had known, he should have gone to the gate at about 230pm when others are going, this my man went there at 11.30am and he was asked by one of the Immigration guys to give $50. My guy was just fresh from completing NYSC and all the money he said he had was £200 as he was going to see his Brother who lives in Dubai, to see how to hussle. Cut a long story short, the Immigration officer told him if he fails to give them the money (because they must have seen it when his box went thru the scanner) that he will write a memo for his box to be re-checked, and when that is done, he will rewrite a report that he found Drugs in his box, and that only my friend, and God and himself (the immigration officer) will know my friend is innocent as he has all it takes to bring up a false evidence of drugs against my friend

Paddy was overwhelemed, and he gave him £50, and when he got to Dubai, he discovered that the immigration man had already stolen £50 from the box, (without my friend's knowledge) before collecting £50 from him total £100.

THIS WAS ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO, and this nonsense is still going on in Nigeria Airport?

Fast fwd, 2007, I was visiting Nigeria from the USA, I transited in Amsterdam. A young Nigerian chap joined the plane in Amsterdam on our way to Lagos. On getting to Lagos, I saw him put €20 in between his passport as he was about to be stamped in. I shook my head, and told myself, THIS BOY IS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE
And yes he was in trouble. They don't even ask me nothing because my mouth is loaded to give enough insult to them

Do u know I checked out my boxes, this boy had just one box, but the immigration officers won't let him go, all of them were ragging, him, holding on to his passport, trying to remove all the currency on him, I felt so sorry for the boy, but hey, I can't go and speak for him, else it would be a case of "who send u, u no give us, u no go let us chop from someone else?"

This is the reason I blank those mofos, each time I come home, even if I have $100 million on me, I won't give anyone 1 kobo in that MM Airport ..... useless pipo

15 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
You don't mean it .
Bighead9:

You no well aswear, is Buhari an Immigration Officer? To stone you just dey hungry me right now. cool

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by tubolancer(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
My brother traveling to Kuwait for the first time experienced that too, begging and bribing before they allowed him to board the plane. The moment they set their eyes on you, begging and poking of eyes like frog will start. Nobody is checking them, they are not different from the Nigerian police even worse than that.

4 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Donoluwaike1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Isoduwa(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
Stupid country stupid airport stupid people stupid president foolish vice president

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by maasoap(m): 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
Craigslists:
This country is fvcked.

Nigerians are fvcked, nothing is wrong with Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Realdeals(m): 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
Na there way, silence by the oppressed is the major reason Nigeria is this way.

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Guruindahouse(m): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2019
Why did you pay 500 dollars? For what?
SolexxBarry:
I paid 500 dollars wen i travelled

Lets stop blaming the govt we are the ones that made this country like this,corruption is in the blood of every Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Realdeals(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
SolexxBarry:

Lets stop blaming the govt we are the ones that made this country like this,corruption is in the blood of every Nigerian

Your silence contributed too, had these two people compromised the way you did, nothing would have happened.

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by thatigboman: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
SolexxBarry:

my first intl travel was to UK from Abuja. All those officers at d airport are all beggars. From one point to d other, all begging. Up to the boarding gate. And I was just dropping 1k, 1k, 1k out of excitement.
But my subsequent trips, never dropped a kobo for anyone again.

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by souljaslim(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

You no well aswear, is Buhari an Immigration Officer? To stone you just dey hungry me right now. cool
Na under my employment NIS workers dey....abi when e remove CJN u na talk say na him employ am

3 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Beface(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

Na he say he want fight corruption na. He supposed to done do his finding on all the corrupt government agencies. Why I dey even waste my time,see Abba Kyari dey under he nose dey steal money anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by lakesider(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
Social media is not the official place to make complain.
I am sure many Nigerians don't know
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by bendike: 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

Buhari is the president and the buck stops at his table. The outcry has been loud enough for him to hear and act to call his minister to order.
We all saw when osinbajo acted when there was outcry over Sars last year. Buhari has to call the head of immigration to order or replace him if he is incompetent. Are you not aware of the rot in immigration? The stress of passport renewal etc?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Agugbadin: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2019
Is a sign of a failed state

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by GreatManBee: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2019
SolexxBarry:

Paid 500 for what? All the times I had travelled I never see anything of such.
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Blue3k(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
grandstar:
And Buhari has done zero about this?

To end this garbage simply needs a stingy operation. By the time it is done a couple of times, the immigration will grow sense.

For a man who claims to be fighting corruption, this is a disgrace.

What yardsticks is he using to measure if his anti corruption war is working or is he just using ordinary measuring tape?

I agree that's why I deem war on corruption a flop overall. If you can't control people directly under your control then goodluck with people outside of control. NIS boss has good initiatives but he's unable to control his works.

Lol they tried asking me for cash. I didnt give them anything. If they want more money switch jobs or bother Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Angelawhite(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
post=77826938:
The passengers can always sue.

This madness must STOP.

All we need are some scape goats.

You don go airport before?

4 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Guruindahouse(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
I remembered my first international flight ever, they frustrated my life at MMA. Those guys at MMA are the most corrupt beings in Nigeria.

Last time I flew, they asked me where is my cash, I told them they survive without cash where I am going to. A woman among them asked for my debit card, before i showed it to them, one of the mofos just said "what do you have for us?" and I replied "nothing".

Nigerians are the one encouraging these guys, why giving them bribe?
ogbonti:

Exactly, almost 20 year's ago, a friend of mine was travelling to Dubai on a Virgin passport. The mistake he made was that his Kenyan Airways flight was 4pm

If he had known, he should have gone to the gate at about 230pm when others are going, this my man went there at 11.30am and he was asked by one of the Immigration guys to give $50. My guy was just fresh from completing NYSC and all the money he said he had was £200 as he was going to see his Brother who lives in Dubai, to see how to hussle. Cut a long story short, the Immigration officer told him if he fails to give them the money (because they must have seen it when his box went thru the scanner) that he will write a memo for his box to be re-checked, and when that is done, he will rewrite a report that he found Drugs in his box, and that only my friend, and God and himself (the immigration officer) will know my friend is innocent as he has all it takes to bring up a false evidence of drugs against my friend

Paddy was overwhelemed, and he gave him £50, and when he got to Dubai, he discovered that the immigration man had already stolen £50 from the box, (without my friend's knowledge) before collecting £50 from him total £100.

THIS WAS ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO, and this nonsense is still going on in Nigeria Airport?

Fast fwd, 2007, I was visiting Nigeria from the USA, I transited in Amsterdam. A young Nigerian chap joined the plane in Amsterdam on our way to Lagos. On getting to Lagos, I saw him put €20 in between his passport as he was about to be stamped in. I shook my head, and told myself, THIS BOY IS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE
And yes he was in trouble. They don't even ask me nothing because my mouth is loaded to give enough insult to them

Do u know I checked out my boxes, this boy had just one box, but the immigration officers won't let him go, all of them were ragging, him, holding on to his passport, trying to remove all the currency on him, I felt so sorry for the boy, but hey, I can't go and speak for him, else it would be a case of "who send u, u no give us, u no go let us chop from someone else?"

This is the reason I blank those mofos, each time I come home, even if I have $100 million on me, I won't give anyone 1 kobo in that MM Airport ..... useless pipo

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by mimicue(f): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2019
I’m sorry but they are not wise at all

My first time of traveling to Dubai was with family but due to booking issue , we had to enter different flight .
When I go to checking in spot .? They began asking why I’m traveling alone now . As a young girl they thought they have seen mumu , I told them the situation, They den told me to step aside . Me that I have heard thier gist before hand, I was at the airport for about 3hrs earlier . Next thing the idiot immigration office asked for my money if it was up to 1000 dollars , I gave him he counted later he was like I should give him and his collegue 200 dollars , I just laugh like they gave me the money to travel , I plainly told them I can’t give them a dime
They told me to step aside I gladly did . My flight was still about 3hrs later , later came to meet me if I have naira , I said I don’t have , after a while I was asked to go o . Till I reach the last spot Na so so begging for money . I gave no one a dime . We need to start learning our rights in this country , immigration has no right to demand money from you , if u don’t like it shout turn it to fight they will leave you alone .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by gfullmoon(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2019
First time Travelers from poor background and running away from village people should better pay because there might not be land to sale again for rescheduled flight. And village will have succeeded. Not paying the bribe and missing your flight and go through the stress of rescheduled flight is for kids whose their Dad and Mum are pleading to go abroad, not for a guy who had closed his shop/business and sold land etc. That's reality in this funny of a country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Bighead9: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2019
bendike:

Buhari is the president and the buck stops at his table. The outcry has been loud enough for him to hear and act to call his minister to order.
We all saw when osinbajo acted when there was outcry over Sars last year. Buhari has to call the head of immigration to order or replace him if he is incompetent. Are you not aware of the rot in immigration? The stress of passport renewal etc?

Go to the Presidency or locate your National Assembly member, to lay your complain. Stop hidden under your keyboard to type trash.

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by sowilli: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
It baffles me when I see men in their 40s and 50s beg for money. I mean these are people’s father. Now imagine the mindset and thinking of their kids. Imagine the kind of children these people are tasing. Change ain’t imminent in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Afonja007: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
I will never give any body at Nigerian airport shishi if they are not ready to work let them resign ,come to Europe air port and see how they welcome their citizen's coming back from foreign land ,in Nigeria airport once you land come and see jealousnes they will be looking at you like they gave You money to hold for them ,may God punish all of them angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Bighead9: 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
Beface:
Na he say he want fight corruption na. He supposed to done do his finding on all the corrupt government agencies. Why I dey even waste my time,see Abba Kyari dey under he nose dey steal money anyhow.

Another trash talk from one of those sabotaging the efforts of the Government. I know your type.

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by mimicue(f): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2019
gfullmoon:
First time Travelers from poor background and running away from village people should better pay because there might not be land to sale again for rescheduled flight. And village will have succeeded. Not paying the bribe and missing your flight and go through the stress of rescheduled flight is for kids whose their Dad and Mum are pleading to go abroad, not for a guy who had closed his shop/business and sold land etc. That's reality in this funny of a country.

Do you know that the reality is if you don’t want to drop that money you won’t and nothing will happen.
Bribery starts from everyone . The moment everyone refuses to drop that money life will be a better place . And trust me if you go early enough for your flight you have enough time to sit down with them self and wait let them delay you . Na them go tire, since they want to be mad , let’s treat them like mad people

4 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Bighead9: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
souljaslim:

Na under my employment NIS workers dey....abi when e remove CJN u na talk say na him employ am

You no get Senator or House of Representatives member from your side, abi you fall from sky? Forward your complains as a petition to the Presidency or the National Assembly, through your senator or Member.

The President cannot be everywhere at the same time.

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Guruindahouse(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
God bless you, sister. When they see you shouting, they will leave you alone.

The way they beg at MMA is just too irritating.
mimicue:
I’m sorry but they are not wise at all

My first time of traveling to Dubai was with family but due to booking issue , we had to enter different flight .
When I go to checking in spot .? They began asking why I’m traveling alone now . As a young girl they thought they have seen mumu , I told them the situation, They den told me to step aside . Me that I have heard thier gist before hand, I was at the airport for about 3hrs earlier . Next thing the idiot immigration office asked for my money if it was up to 1000 dollars , I gave him he counted later he was like I should give him and his collegue 200 dollars , I just laugh like they gave me the money to travel , I plainly told them I can’t give them a dime
They told me to step aside I gladly did . My flight was still about 3hrs later , later came to meet me if I have naira , I said I don’t have , after a while I was asked to go o . Till I reach the last spot Na so so begging for money . I gave no one a dime . We need to start learning our rights in this country , immigration has no right to demand money from you , if u don’t like it shout turn it to fight they will leave you alone .

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by PrinceGeorgia: 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2019
I remember my first travel experience I have $200 as bta when I was ask for my bta I said I have my credit and credit card apart from the $200 cash I even remind them of cashless policy.
I was ask to go board immediately u have to be smart if u don't want to bribe..
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Glorylynn: 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
That was how one immigration officer almost made me miss my flight in MMA,I swear the guy just noticed I didn’t give a bleep,he was asking for a document that is in my bag after my luggage had already been checked in,i didnt even beg him me that I have started missing my mum already I even felt like going back home with my mum,when it was now like 10mins for my flight to take off he just called me back and allowed me to pass,I sha said thank you beebee undecided
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Beface(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

Another trash talk from one of those sabotaging the efforts of the Government. I know your type.
See the way Trump described your hero I never want to meet someone so lifeless again. I leave you with Bob Marley lyrics Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bertrand Ifeanyichukwu Akile: Wanted Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Thailand / Lifeless Body With Marks Of Burns Recovered In Umuahia (photo) / Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.