Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai (36405 Views)

Danfo Driver Almost Strip Bribe-Seeking Policeman Unclad During A Fight In Lagos / Bribe-seeking Policeman Forced To Sit On The Ground After Being Arrested. Photo / Two Bribe-seeking Policemen Crushed To Death By A Truck In Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Aldie0147: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
Happened to me just last month.. same Dubai, I had to part with 1k naira.. it's tragic. They don't care if you are with credit card or not
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by WhoBeThisMan: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
post=77826938:
The passengers can always sue.

This madness must STOP.

All we need are some scape goats.
and what will Buhari do about it? Keep quiet as usual.

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by stagger: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
I am the kind of person that can spend N100,000 over a case of N1,000, in so far as I achieve my objectives. No one has ever asked me that dumb question of how much I am carrying as BTA. Abi dem dey craze?

5 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by DonX001: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
But can't someone just make a video of these people with a hidden camera and upload it online to go viral??

Like how people get videos of policemen asking for bribes on the roads and expose their ugly faces....
So that those useless officials can be punished appropriately and others will learn from it and get sense.
All it takes is a stealth camera like all those pen cameras that will just be put in the breastpocket of a shirt.

3 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by ogbonti: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Guruindahouse:
I remembered my first international flight ever, they frustrated my life at MMA. Those guys at MMA are the most corrupt beings in Nigeria.

Last time I flew, they asked me where is my cash, I told them they survive without cash where I am going to. A woman among them asked for my debit card, before i showed it to them, one of the mofos just said "what do you have for us?" and I replied "nothing".

Nigerians are the one encouraging these guys, why giving them bribe?

God bless u, some people will tell u when going home for the first time, put $20 or $10 inside ur passport so they don't disturb u... what nonsense that's what is encouraging these reckless behavior

What happens at MM. Airport I bet u cannot happen anywhere in the world. My blood dey boil as I dey reason their matter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by musicwriter(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
The Nigerian immigration is harassing people traveling from Seme to Mile 2. Nobody is spared- both citizens and foreigners. Citizens pay a bribe of any where from N500 to N1,000 for using the road. Foreigners pay as high as N5,000. They do this every minute of the day 24/7. It looks like part of their job is to let foreigners know that Nigeria is a very corrupt country.

12 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by BigBashiru: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
Agbaletu:
What is wrong with the people of this country sef?
We are our own problem.
The country is retrogressing every second.

Cursed b Canaan. The black race is cursed!!

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by BigBashiru: 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2019
musicwriter:
The Nigerian immigration is harassing people traveling from Seme to Mile 2. Nobody is spared- both citizens and foreigners. Citizens pay a bribe of any where from N500 to N1,000 for using the road. Foreigners pay as high as N5,000. They do this every minute of the day 24/7. It looks like part of their job is to let foreigners know that Nigeria is a very corrupt country.

The black race is cursed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Empiree: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
iammo:
smiley

This mostly affect first time travellers, the moment they see a virgin passport ahh! You must pay or risk airline flight reschedule penalty fine tongue especially if you are abit young and unacompanied.

Subsequent travels they ussualy beg and hail you for money

this is international shame for Nigeria. I have heard this but I believed not. Smh... Does govt know this is going on?. I am sure they do what the heck they do about this?
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Alejocs: 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2019
grandstar:
And Buhari has done zero about this?

To end this garbage simply needs a stingy operation. By the time it is done a couple of times, the immigration will grow sense.

For a man who claims to be fighting corruption, this is a disgrace.

What yardsticks is he using to measure if his anti corruption war is working or is he just using ordinary measuring tape?

Bros Nigeria Immigration Service is an open slaughter house where are men must pay..... Buhari is not fighting nada sad

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Alejocs: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
DonX001:
But can't someone just make a video of these people with a hidden camera and upload it online to go viral??

Like how people get videos of policemen asking for bribes on the roads and expose their ugly faces....
So that those useless officials can be punished appropriately and others will learn from it and get sense.
All it takes is a stealth camera like all those pen cameras that will just be put in the breastpocket of a shirt.

The rugged and militant Nigerian have all left the remaining lily livered generation for dead. We are not pragmatic in proferring solutions to our problems shocked
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by iammo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
Empiree:
this is international shame for Nigeria. I have heard this but I believed not. Smh... Does govt know this is going on?. I am sure they do what the heck they do about this?

The only time i heard they reduced the shamefull act was when osinbajo as an acting president , made a surprise visit to the airport

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Egombute: 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
Pls what is BTA and how much is d minimum and maximum amount according to Nigerian laws?
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Empiree: 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
iammo:

The only time i heard they reduced the shamefull act was when osinbajo as an acting president , made a surprise visit to the airport
this is federal issue but not necessarily president or VP responsibility. It is immigration official solely responsible.

However, presidency should scrutinize immigration policy for possible reformand end this shameful act bcuz it brings shame to them not average Nigerians.

Very shameful. I'm surprised corruption has reached this milestone
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by ghettochild4u(m): 11:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
This isn't a buhari matter.. Its been like that since days of yaradua...
My pain here is the ogas at the top know of this illegal act n they turn blind eye to it....
This is so wrong...
When are we gonna grow??

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by manitoba(m): 12:05am On Apr 25, 2019
This same mofo tried this nonsense with me, I first thought of calling one of my family friend who is Deputy Controller General of immigration.

But on the second thought, i decided to make a mockery of them.

I brought out crisp dollar notes and started blessing it.

I said "oh Lord, you know I abhor bribery and this young man is making me do what I detest, immediately he receive this money from me, may calamity follow him and his family, may his plane crash next time he board an airplane, may all his dreams comes to nought"

I was yet to finish this when they asked me to take my wahala and go.
Lols.

Stupid mofo.

10 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by oruma19: 12:30am On Apr 25, 2019
THE FIRST TIME I WAS TRAVELLING, IT WAS FROM ABUJA AIRPORT, THE IMMIGRATION GUY SAW MY VIRGIN PASSPORT AND INSISTED I GAVE HIM MONEY, I TOLD HIM I DIDN'T HAVE MONEY SO I GAVE HIM 200 NAIRA. HE GOT ANGRY AND THREW THE MONEY ON THE FLOOR, I JEJELY PICKED MY MONEY AND PUT INSIDE MY POCKET..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NOW IF I AM TRAVELLING, THEY BEG ME FOR MONEY AND I TELL THEM I AM GOING TO HUSTLE, THEY SHOULD WAIT TILL I RETURN. WHEN I RETURN I TELL THEM I AM JUST COMING INTO NAIJA, THEY SHOULD ALLOW ME WITHDRAW MONEY FIRST SINCE I DON'T RECEIVE CASH AS SALARY, IT IS PAID INTO MY ACCOUNT...AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. NO NEED TO QUAREL, JUST KEEP POSTING AND PROMISING THE BEGGARS IN OUR AIRPORTS. USELESS NIGERIANS. "OGA UR BOY LOYAL O", THAT IS WHAT U KEEP HEARING EVEN AT THE TOILETS IN NIGERIAN AIRPORTS. THE COUNTRY IS CURSED WITH BAD PEOPLE
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by bendike: 12:41am On Apr 25, 2019
Bighead9:

Go to the Presidency or locate your National Assembly member, to lay your complain. Stop hidden under your keyboard to type trash.
If you think my submission is trash. It shows your reasoning and hence part of the Nigeria problem.
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by eaglechild: 12:51am On Apr 25, 2019
Whenever I'm traveling and an immigration officer asks me for money.
I look straight into the person's eye and tell him that I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY FOR YOU.
And I say it out in a loud voice. That is a clear warning shot of potential trouble. They usually hand over my passport very quickly.

5 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by centboy123456(m): 2:07am On Apr 25, 2019
PrinceGeorgia:
I remember my first travel experience I have $200 as bta when I was ask for my bta I said I have my credit and credit card apart from the $200 cash I even remind them of cashless policy.
I was ask to go board immediately u have to be smart if u don't want to bribe..

cashless policy I don't understand please tell me more
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by MEGAWATCH: 2:27am On Apr 25, 2019
Bighead9:

You no well aswear, is Buhari an Immigration Officer? To stone you just dey hungry me right now. cool

Block head. What is the meaning of fighting corruption? I guess to you it only means going after politicians alone?
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by chan9ja: 2:49am On Apr 25, 2019
I paid $100 to two stupid immigration guys at Mmia last year... One of them has a big growth on his head...na that growth go kill am... Dem be wan delay me as usual because I just renewed my passport... One even said my photo with my white wife and kid must be photoshopped Hahahaa... Bunch of idiots...

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by chukxie(m): 3:19am On Apr 25, 2019
This shameful issue has been lingering on for years with no respites in sight. Corruption has eaten so deeply into the fabric of Nigeria that it (corruption) has become institutionalized. If Nigerians staged a peaceful protest outside the Lagos International Airport, something urgent and drastic would be done about the shameful behaviours of immigration and other security officers at all our airports.

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by sweetilicious(f): 3:57am On Apr 25, 2019
miketayo:
They tried this shot with me, I was holding $200, I told them I will use my ATM when I get there and I don't carry cash, they kept insisting luckily their boss is a family friend, I just called her and told her his name, he refused to collect my phone to talk to her though. That's how I collected my passport and left them dere
I think might need think.This one they target only first timers.
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by sweetilicious(f): 3:59am On Apr 25, 2019
Pavore9:
Dem no dey take eye see Virgin passport or first time traveller, one is expected to drop something! angry
Nawa
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by sweetilicious(f): 4:00am On Apr 25, 2019
tempest01:
They wanted to do this to me when I travelled to Australia. I showed them my new passport, they thought I was a first time traveller.

After much argument and I mentioned that I have never heard all these their talk during my travels, they now asked why I didn't attach my old passport and asked to me to go.
Lol handy

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by xpool(m): 4:02am On Apr 25, 2019
lonelydora:
Why can't FG conduct a sting operation?

This madness must stop. The masses should learn how to revolt against these uninformed men.

Which masses?
Is it the masses that do the same in their various offices?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by revolt(m): 4:44am On Apr 25, 2019
They've never stopped me sha..I think ot depends on how you answer them.
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by lonelydora: 5:59am On Apr 25, 2019
xpool:

Which masses?
Is it the masses that do the same in their various offices?

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 25, 2019
SolexxBarry:
I paid 500 dollars wen i travelled

Lets stop blaming the govt we are the ones that made this country like this,corruption is in the blood of every Nigerian
That's enough to fly one down to SA. God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Robbers Escape Lynching In Imo After Looting Popular Market (Pix) / Pastor Arrested For Keeping Guns For Militants And Robbers In Lagos (Photo) / Armed Robbery Suspect Arrested With Arms And Ammunition In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.