Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,407 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? (5010 Views)

Population Of Extremely Poor Persons In Nigeria Hits 102m — NECA. / Finally, The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Becoming A Reality - See Live Images From Site / Population Of Togo Equivalent Lost Their Jobs In 20 Months Under PMB- Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by aribisala0(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2019
tactius:

Good morning to you too.

Good morning to you too the south win elections too
In fact in the election judged to be the freest ever Abiola beat Tofa so spare us the hasty generalizations
FYI I am not one of the population conspiracy theorists as you wrongly assumed . I just challenge fiction anywhere I find it

In this republic the North have won presidential elctions as many times as the south. If anything they are playing catch up
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by JubrilBuhari: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2019
tactius:

Elections have not been rigged in Nigeria since 2011...

I don't support any region by the way, and I think Nigeria is not run by the right people....but I am tired of you guys sitting down here and grumbling about conspiracy theories while your Nawthern counterparts build alliances, and while Northern and SOuthern leeches loot and loot....and you people defend them when it suits you.

There is no myth. Wake up and work hard. Who told you democracy is cheap work.?
Yeah, it has not been rigged because your party were winning.
Let's leave partisan politics out of this and state the obvious fact, the North population is a fraud. What is presented on the paper is a total lie.

There is no way Kano is more populated than Lagos, lie lie!
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by JubrilBuhari: 11:47am On Apr 25, 2019
tactius:

You and the Northerners have one thing in common....lust for oil money to share.

Actual development, you know nothing of.

Now go and talk to your looter leaders at all levels, develop some industries and forget about oil. Same for the Northerns and same for the South South.,

Lazy Nigerians.....always argung for Biafra, Nigeria...so that they can eat.
OK, but fac the fact. The North will always do anything humanly possible to make sure Nigeria did not split or demarcated, it will totally expose how useless and they always have been. Stop saying otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2019
JubrilBuhari:

Yeah, it has not been rigged because your party were winning.
Let's leave partisan politics out of this and state the obvious fact, the North population is a fraud. What is presented on the paper is a total lie.

There is no way Kano is more populated than Lagos, lie lie!

PDP won in 2011 by the way...Buhari lost.

And anyway...I don't support PDP or APC. I backed YPP for this election, previously I have supported NCP and KOWA party.

I don't like PDP very much though...too many corrupt people of all tribes there. APC? Too many ex PDP members, plus they don't want to take the hard decisions we need to get a roaring economy going.

As for census...I won't argue with you on it. But, having lived in the North, and having taken part in a rural project back in mid 2000's in a village somewhere in Hausaland, where a mom could have upwards of 7-10 kids on average, and polygamy was rife...plus having also schooled up there...won't be surprised if the North is more populous than the south.But again, anecdotal evidence like mine is not proper evidence.

Even then, what I want is for North and South to use their people to fire industrial development, not sharing oil money. ESPECIALLY THE SOUTH....we have all the advantages...and we want more oil to go and use to import?? And sell the imported stuff?? Haba.

2 Likes

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by nku5: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2019
OP its the biggest fraud in Nigeria. Any body that knows the north knows that there are not that many people up there. That's why they are desperately importing their kinsmen from Chad, Niger, Sudan and other neighbouring countries to boost their population to increase their voting numbers.

Na Festus Odimegwu I blame. We would have had a census and exposed the truth but he had to run his big mouth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Rolings: 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Efewestern:

Sir what you are saying?, isn't the South more conducive, more productive, more wealthier and more safer than Core north?

How can NW and NE be more populated than SW?, how is that possible?, let's not even Add SE and SS to the list. The population of Nigeria is a big fraud. I dare say North is not more than 30 million people.

One day, just one day... until then, keep deceiving yourselves.

you wrote ...How can NW and NE be more populated than SW?, how is that possible?, let's not even Add SE and SS to the list. The population of Nigeria is a big fraud. I dare say North is not more than 30 million people..... is this a joke or what.
the land mass of NE and NW is almost half of nigeria and you say they are not as populated as south west.....i have been and lived in all parts of the north and can tell YOU authoritatively that the population of NW and NE is far greater than SW.
I enjoin you to go to the north and see things for yourself ,thats if you havent been there before, my first reply is my explanantion for the misconceptions you all have regarding population of the north
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Curlieweed: 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Rolings:

you wrote ...How can NW and NE be more populated than SW?, how is that possible?, let's not even Add SE and SS to the list. The population of Nigeria is a big fraud. I dare say North is not more than 30 million people..... is this a joke or what.
the land mass of NE and NW is almost half of nigeria and you say they are not as populated as south west.....i have been and lived in all parts of the north and can tell YOU authoritatively that the population of NW and NE is far greater than SW.
I enjoin you to go to the north and see things for yourself ,thats if you havent been there before, my first reply is my explanantion for the misconceptions you all have regarding population of the north

This is funny. How can you tell the population of a place by simply visiting the place? You be mathematical magician?

The truth is simply that we don't know what our popuilation is? It could be higher or lower than the official numbers. All these argument about whether the South or North is more populated is just inelegant guesswork.

There is a perverse incentive inbuilt into our attempts at counting our population. As far as political power and government funds are rationed on the basis of population, you can only hope against hope for accurate population numbers.

3 Likes

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Rolings: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Curlieweed:

This is funny. How can you tell the population of a place by simply visiting the place? You be mathematical magician?

The truth is simply that we don't know what our popuilation is? It could be higher or lower than the official numbers. All these argument about whether the South or North is more populated is just inelegant guesswork.

There is a perverse incentive inbuilt into our attempts at counting our population. As far as political power and government funds are rationed on the basis of population, you can only hope against hope for accurate population numbers.

I never said I have just visited northern Nigeria, I said I HAVE VISITED AND LIVED in most of northern Nigeria and YES I know more that YOU about population....having a diploma in statistics.
From your submissions it's obvious you have not been to the north so I can excuse your ignorance.
A part of learning is showing willingness to know what you don't know from those who know ,from all our discussion you have not shown that willingness and instead chose to cling to the apron of lies and propaganda (your south controls the media so the ropaganda is easy) that you have been fed., Unfortunately there's a limit to what I can do to make you see things differently and will rather let it go and hope you will learn from another person when you have decided to
PEACE

1 Like

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Curlieweed: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
Rolings:

I never said I have just visited northern Nigeria, I said I HAVE VISITED AND LIVED in most of northern Nigeria and YES I know more that YOU about population....having a diploma in statistics.
From your submissions it's obvious you have not been to the north so I can excuse your ignorance.
A part of learning is showing willingness to know what you don't know from those who know ,from all our discussion you have not shown that willingness and instead chose to cling to the apron of lies and propaganda (your south controls the media so the ropaganda is easy) that you have been fed., Unfortunately there's a limit to what I can do to make you see things differently and will rather let it go and hope you will learn from another person when you have decided to
PEACE

Na war to you oh. You be real defender of the North, sha. Chill your warrior mode and read what I wrote.

I didn't categorically say that you don't necessary have a larger population, I just said that there is no way of knowing for sure because the normal process of conducting population counts (at least for those without the benefit of a diploma in statistics) is to do a census. This normal process has been mared by conflicting group interests.

2 Likes

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by garfield1: 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Rolings:

PEACE
You just destroyed the debate sir.no further comments.the only thing that should be debated is whether Nigeria is actually close to its alleged population which i clearly doubt.but clearly the north is more populous.just as both north and south rigs elections,both inflate census figures.
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by garfield1: 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Curlieweed:

Na war to you oh. You be real defender of the North, sha. Chill your warrior mode and read what I wrote.

I didn't categorically say that you don't necessary have a larger population, I just said that there is no way of knowing for sure because the normal process of conducting population counts (at least for those without the benefit of a diploma in statistics) is to do a census. This normal process has been mared by conflicting group interests.
You are also right sir.since we cant depend on census figures bandied about,lets look at other methods like physical visits and experiences of those living there or that have visited there,non census data,voting figures,fertility rate etc
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Rolings: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
Curlieweed:

Means you didn't read where I explained where that pre independence the southern protectorate included present day benue, southern taraba and eastern kogi but at independence those areas for reasons best known to the colonial masters were classified as northern Nigeria and by the time of 1963 census the population of the north is greater than that of the South
This is the main reason why the south has clung to the belief that the census figures were doctored . The British made the population of the north greater than the South's by adding places mentioned above to northern region NOT because the figures were inflated. That's my point.
Many in the south see the north as sparsely populated and arid which isn't true. There are arid parts but the vast majority of the north has vegetation with rivers and streams running through with great irrigation and huge mineral deposits . A trip round the north will be an eyeopener for many southerners that their press has been biased against the north.

1 Like

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by mauriceju2(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
In Nigeria revenue are shared according to population which is fraudulent and madness

The north are given bigger share because they claim to be more populated than the south

Now the problem is that, the north do not want credible census that will show the true population of Nigeria

What do you think is the reason for that??

Something is really wrong somewhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by aribisala0(m): 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Rolings:

Means you didn't read where I explained where that pre independence the southern protectorate included present day benue, southern taraba and eastern kogi but at independence those areas for reasons best known to the colonial masters were classified as northern Nigeria

EVIDENCE
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by ChristianNorth: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
If you have been to the North you would notice one thing; a small village would be surrounded by barren or uninhabited land that is more than twice the size of that village.

Inside that small village you would believe the number of people that is living there.

Again, Niger is just like another state in the North. Remove those Nigeriens, the North is not that populated.

When you walk through Lagos and Kano, you would easily see that Lagos is more populated.

1 Like

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by garfield1: 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
ChristianNorth:
If you have been to the North you would notice one thing; a small village would be surrounded by barren or uninhabited land that is more than twice the size of that village.

Inside that small village you would believe the number of people that is living there.

Again, Niger is just like another state in the North. Remove those Nigeriens, the North is not that populated.

When you walk through Lagos and Kano, you would easily see that Lagos is more populated.
Same thing happens in rural south.you need to see villages in cross river
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by ChristianNorth: 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
garfield1:

Same thing happens in rural south.you need to see villages in cross river
I am not talking about farms but unproductive deserts. If you visit the North after harvest, you would understand what I am saying
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by HarryDuce(m): 12:22am On Apr 26, 2019
ChristianNorth:

I am not talking about farms but unproductive deserts. If you visit the North after harvest, you would understand what I am saying
So because there is land, people should build houses every square inch? We're not doing population competition bro. People live in clusters; In urban centres. Take Egypt as a case study.

Northern Nigeria is vast. Maybe you've not realised how vast it really is. If they breed like they're endangered, it should be a valid reason to be bothered by the population. Undermining things like this helps no one.
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by horsepower101: 1:15am On Apr 26, 2019
2 years ago, France wrote about the anomaly that they noticed with Nigerian population concentration. They used their satellites to scan Nigerian population density and the numbers weren’t matching.

This is a fight future generation of southern groups have to fight.

This current generation love slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by thatigboman: 4:05am On Apr 26, 2019
Fraud. Pure fraud

1 Like

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Yujin(m): 5:18am On Apr 26, 2019
garfield1:

You just destroyed the debate sir.no further comments.the only thing that should be debated is whether Nigeria is actually close to its alleged population which i clearly doubt.but clearly the north is more populous.just as both north and south rigs elections,both inflate census figures.
He destroyed nothing. Landmass doesn't count that much when population is discussed. Check the countries with the biggest landmass in Africa, they often have a smaller population. Having spent over two decades in the north, I can confidently say that their population is heavily rigged. The South is obviously more populous. It should be glaring to all when out of the three major tribes, two are domiciled in the South. This is why Ahmadu Hello demanded half of the seats in parliament before he will agree to an independent Nigeria. The north have always been more calculative on decisions for their own good while the south prefer to dance to the gallery.
For population distribution, hausaland which holds the highest population in northern Nigeria isn't more than 30million, no other ethnic group there comes close to 10 million. Their villages are mostly scanty. This is why they encourage heavy influx of Nigeriens into Nigeria to augment their shortage. You can see even Buhari's parley with Niger republic of recent. There are currently more than 6million Nigeriens in Nigeria. They are well known in the north as 'buzus'. There's also no how Kano can be more populous than Lagos( the melting pot of Nigeria). That was a lie taken too far that they won't repeat again in the next census.
The north definitely have a higher birth rate but so do they have a higher infant mortality rate too. Diseases are more prevalent there. Hiv/Aids rate of infection without proper records cannot be efficiently used to gauge to death rate.

1 Like

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Tianamen1: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2019
9jabull.
A possible explanation for the high population figures in the northern region and other parts of Nigeria is our vegetation belts which supports the living conditions of mosquitoes. (1)

Humans in west Africa and the Mediterranean region adapted with the sickle cell genotype which reduces the effects of the malaria parasite in people with "AS". People with " AA" and "SS" are however more prone to dangerous bouts of malaria. (2)

As a result of malaria, past Nigerians used to have a lot of children as many die in childhood of the disease. The advent of modern medicine reduced the death rates but this led to a population explosion in Nigeria.(3)

The only solution to our population crisis is mass education. The northern region is far behind the south in this aspect hence the recent disparity in birth rates.

(1) https://www.thinglink.com/scene/358292022328557568

(2) https://scialert.net/fulltextmobile/?doi=pjbs.2006.452.456

(3) http://teachersinstitute.yale.edu/curriculum/units/1998/7/98.07.02.x.html

(4)

1 Like

Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by garfield1: 9:59am On Apr 26, 2019
Yujin:

He destroyed nothing. Landmass doesn't count that much when population is discussed. Check the countries with the biggest landmass in Africa, they often have a smaller population. Having spent over two decades in the north, I can confidently say that their population is heavily rigged. The South is obviously more populous. It should be glaring to all when out of the three major tribes, two are domiciled in the South. This is why Ahmadu Hello demanded half of the seats in parliament before he will agree to an independent Nigeria. The north have always been more calculative on decisions for their own good while the south prefer to dance to the gallery.
For population distribution, hausaland which holds the highest population in northern Nigeria isn't more than 30million, no other ethnic group there comes close to 10 million. Their villages are mostly scanty. This is why they encourage heavy influx of Nigeriens into Nigeria to augment their shortage. You can see even Buhari's parley with Niger republic of recent. There are currently more than 6million Nigeriens in Nigeria. They are well known in the north as 'buzus'. There's also no how Kano can be more populous than Lagos( the melting pot of Nigeria). That was a lie taken too far that they won't repeat again in the next census.
The north definitely have a higher birth rate but so do they have a higher infant mortality rate too. Diseases are more prevalent there. Hiv/Aids rate of infection without proper records cannot be efficiently used to gauge to death rate.
Leave am sir.the north is more populous.there are several areas that are sparsely populated down south.remember that the north has 3 times the landsize of the south.so if you disperse the dense population of the south over small landmass into the landmass of the north,it will even out.
Look at lagos with the smallest landmass.carry their population to kano with a large landmass and see whether it wont be sparsely distributed.more people in the north and getting married to several women while more people down south are becoming monogamous.no one wants to rush into marriage.there are millions of camerounians and ghanaians down south.
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by ahiboilandgas: 10:41am On Apr 26, 2019
9jabull:

*THE POPULATION FRAUD IN NIGERIA.*

1. *Saudi Arabia is the headquarters of the Islamic religion.* They practice the religion to the core. In fact the holiest Islamic site is there. *They practice polygamy. Mortality rate there is low. Standard of living and health condition there is very excellent and they are very wealthy They have access to the sea on all sides. Have land mass of 2,149,000 sqkm.*
Their *POPULATION as at 2015 = 28 million* of which, *8 million are foreigners.*

2. Nearer home in Africa . Our next door neighbors up north is Chad . Land mass of *Chad is 1,280,000sqkm.* They are almost 100% an Islamic state with the same culture , religion, *agrarian and animal husbandry* profession and even ethnicity as our brothers in the Northern part of Nigeria . They marry many wives too. But with a *population of 13 million* people. *Ndjamena* there capital city nearer the Chadian basin and rivers have population of *700,000.*

3 Our other neighbor *Niger Republic , with a landmass of 1,270,000 sqkm,* who share the same culture, language, ethnicity, *agrarian and animal husbandry profession* and religious practice that allows polygamy like our brothers up north has a *population of 18m people.*

4, Now fast forward to *NORTHERN NIGERIA,* with a land mass of *614,000 sqkm.* Which is a *quarter of that Saudi Arabia.* *Half of that of Chad and Niger.* With very *much higher mortality rate than Saudi Arabia.* Ravaged by *poverty and disease with one of the worst health care system in the world.* No access to any river , sea or body of water like Saudi Arabia, yet someone want me to believe that *they have 90million human* beings living there .

*Now wait for the bigger contradiction, Benue and Plateau states, the richest and greenest belt within the North does not have as great a population as their neighbours, who live in the arid desert.* Haba! HOW? By what magic ? If you query them , they will tell you that their religion allow them to marry many wives . So how come your brothers in Chad that marry so many wives and who also live by the great lake Chad are not as populated as you are ? Common people .

*Festus Odimegwu was on the verge of unraveling this mystery and exposing this grand fraud foisted on us by the Britishers by resolving to conduct fraud free census, before Jonathan sacked him* because Jonathan was blackmailed. That was one of the unforgettable and *unforgiving sins of Jonathan against the Nigerian state.*

*Look around you , from Sudan to Mauriania to to Somalia to Egypt to Morroco, practicing Muslim countries in the Northern part of Nigeria and Africa with the same polygamous religious culture , some even with access to the sea, far greater land mass and healthier and richer health conditions . Check out their population.*
Please kindly review the factors that influence the population of a given region or location at any time (it is an assignment) and tell me what you get .

*I have a friend , who is a pilot . He has flown the length and breadth of Nigeria. The guy is at a loss as to where the 90million are hiding in the Northern part of Nigeria. He cannot understand the mystery.*
It is this kind of unresolved mystery and fraud, which has continued to fuel the *agitation of progressive folks for a total overhaul and restructuring of Nigeria, which the north is viciously resisting.* We cannot continue in this lies without resolving it. *It is offensive, insulting and annoying for you to continue to throw a false and bogus population figure* at my face. *A figure that does not show at all in the bottom line, a figure that adds NO much value to the common wealth.*

*Enough is Enough*.

*RESTRUCTURE NOW WE MUST*
*From Sola Salako*

Deji's analysis:*
Another thing that proves Nigeria population is a hoax is the number of registered active GSM lines which lies between 100 million and 110 millions. On the average, every Nigerian gsm user has 3 active lines. This brings the number of active subscribers to less than 40 million. If you add the number of children and non gsm users you'll arrive at a figure of nearly 80 millions to 100 millions. I dare say that Nigerian population is not more than 100 million. During voters registration, we get mind boggling figures, yet during election, with all the massive multiple thumb printing that goes on, we always end up with figures less than 30 million. Who is fooling who? We suck as a nation.

I can tell you that if census figure is used for taxation instead of revenue sharing, we won't have more than 80 million Nigerians.

*-Chidiebere Chukwuneme*

Note:

You may not believe it, but this was the main reason for June twelve annulment. Option A4 made sure that elections were accurate, and that you stand behind your candidate and get counted.The result was immediately displayed on electronic billbosrds for all to see. The result? The number of voters in the north was HALF OF VOTERS FROM THE SOUTH. Even Britain could not take it because the foisted the population fraud on us. Hence the pressures to annul was too much for Babangida.

Copied*
fake and wrong research analysis ...if u use land mass as your yard stick Lagos been the smallest state will have the least population while borno will have the largest pollution...globally russia is then the most populated nation instead of China.....which school u attend did u do research method
Re: Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? by Yujin(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
garfield1:

Leave am sir.the north is more populous.there are several areas that are sparsely populated down south.remember that the north has 3 times the landsize of the south.so if you disperse the dense population of the south over small landmass into the landmass of the north,it will even out.
Look at lagos with the smallest landmass.carry their population to kano with a large landmass and see whether it wont be sparsely distributed.more people in the north and getting married to several women while more people down south are becoming monogamous.no one wants to rush into marriage.there are millions of camerounians and ghanaians down south.
Cameroonian and Ghanaians millions in Nigeria? Which cities do you find them? Speak of what you know my friend. The north doesn't have that population like you think the size of the land notwithstanding. If Igbos leave the north today, the population vacuum will be evident but not so down South. I speak out of simple logic and not emotion.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God bless you all / Singapore Billion Dollars Company, Port Notel In Abuja.. Photos / Bizarre Photos Of Ebele Obiano’s Shabby Looks As She Solicits For Anambra Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.