Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery (16188 Views)

Kemi Odukoya Shows Her Baby Bump / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by AloyEmeka5: 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Pastor Taiwo Odukoya explains wife's early delivery[/size]

Pastor Odukoya married his South African wife in January, seven and a half months later in August, she delivered a baby boy amid speculation she was pregnant before they got married. Addressing the issue in Church last week, Pastor Odukoya explained the circumstances that led to the untimely birth of his new baby. He said "I was in England when my wife's emergency call came. She insisted the doctor wanted to see me. I flew to Johannesburg, South Africa immediately.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TJEtu1Dw-ZI/AAAAAAAAhf4/4aMNXXfuIMU/s400/pastor-taiwo.jpg[/img]

When I got there, the doctor insisted they had to take the baby out. I was wondering and asking God why August, why this time? I battled God severally, but we had no choice than to yield to the doctor's advice. Two days after I got there, they brought the baby out. It was an emergency but God helped us. The baby is doing very well. God has disgraced those counting days for us."

Well, you've heard it from the horse's mouth, :-)

http://lindaikeji..com/2010/09/pastor-taiwo-odukoya-explains-wifes.html
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by cibilola(f): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2010
oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee, we know the truth cool
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by AloyEmeka5: 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2010
cibilola:

oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee,  we know the truth cool

Were you in the same room when he was banging her?. Did you people have 3some?
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by jesus3: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2010
Nigerians like to doubt everythng. Some will doubt the date their parents say they were born.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by Odunnu: 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2010
Pastor Odukoya is stil fresh in scandalous news thats why he stil has the grace to respond to ths thrash(erous)news.
When, (and I pray he doesn get that famous) he gets to Pastor Chris' level,i'm sure he wont even read d news.
Nigerians get a lot of busy bodies wallahi.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by AloyEmeka5: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
Odunnu:

Pastor Odukoya is stil fresh in scandalous news thats why he stil has the grace to respond to ths thrash(erous)news.
When, (and I pray he doesn get that famous) he gets to Pastor Chris' level,i'm sure he wont even read d news.
Nigerians get a lot of busy bodies wallahi.

No mind the haters.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by shinaidowu: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2010
Too many haters on the prowl. Our newspaper should be rename and rebranded ABUSEpaper.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by jesus3: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2010
God will save us all from scandals
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by vescucci(m): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2010
But really, who cares whether the baby was conceived in or out of wedlock? What matters is that it is born into a loving family. The baby seems to manage to escape all consideration in the matter.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2010
vescucci:

But really, who cares whether the baby was conceived in or out of wedlock? What matters is that it is born into a loving family. The baby seems to manage to escape all consideration in the matter.
supported
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2010
vescucci:

supported
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by rhymz(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2010
Even at that, I suspect fowl play abeg. These ppl ve not been married for up to a year and yet she was already pregnant. And why did she ve to deliver d baby in SA and not Nigeria where the pastor, his whole family and Church is based?
I can understand the pressure on the pastor since the death of his wife but I suspect the marriage was hastened up to accomodate the situation. It was possible she had already taken in before they finalised everything. How come no1 knew abt any emergency, even his members? Na wa o? Something as serious as the possibility of a premature birth was going to happen, he did not tell the church to pray for his wife or sth, all we heard was that she was already delivered of the baby and in SA. . .only for us to later get this0ex
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by vescucci(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2010
I'm tempted to question your sobriety. Did you not read where he said he flew to SA on an emergency? Probably days or hours later, the baby was delivered probably by C.S. You think he ought to call his church and ask for prayers? Is he not the mighty MOG? Where do you folks get off thinking you can pressure God into doing something by sheer numbers? Frankly, I doubt the whole story like you do but it's not your place, mine or anyone else's to judge him or ask for explanations. The important thing is they're married and the baby is ok, in reverse order. Your witch hunting is foolishness.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by Image123(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2010
vescucci:

God cares.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by maedan(f): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
Tra la la. Anyway congratulations are in order.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by vescucci(m): 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
God cares? You know this as per Sec-Gen no? Abeg, people are dying in The Sudan, Somalia, Bangladesh etc. I didn't even know there was such a person as Pastor Taiwo till now.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by Image123(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2010
vescucci:

God cares? You know this as per Sec-Gen no? Abeg, people are dying in The Sudan, Somalia, Bangladesh etc. I didn't even know there was such a person as Pastor Taiwo till now.
People are also dying in Nigeria. I didn't mention any name apart from God's and i don't recall asking you to state your relationship with any pastor no.
And i'm not sec-gen, just saw it in His Word that He, God cares.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by nuclearboy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2010
There are too many questions that can be raised about this issue. I can think of like 5 or 6 big ones grin However, lets accept he is a human and none of us has right to cast a stone. And it is true "God cares" but He also forgives (if any wrong has been done).

God be with the child and bring him/her up to know God truly!
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by Image123(m): 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2010
^i don't have any issues with the said pastor. I rarely deal with what i think as other men's business. My grouse was with vesc's phrase 'But really, who cares whether the baby was conceived in or out of wedlock?'
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by rhymz(m): 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2010
vascuci you talk too much to make any sense, just imagine the shallow question you are asking. 'Who cares whether the child was born out of wedlock or not'. . .negro pls grow some sense, what kind of shallow question is that? So because there are kids born into poverty and war thorn sudan, in comparison, any kid is better off being born into any family(be rogues,rich LovePeddler,out of wedlock and such) so long as they are taken care of financially and materially. . .see how you think. . . .scheeeew. .
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by vescucci(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2010
I apologise to Image. All I meant is more people than you know are born outta wedlock. Suppose the pastor admits wrongdoing, what then? Decommission him as pastor? Or kill the child? It's wrong as a Christian to fornicate, yes. It might be worse not to accept the pastor's explanation. To me, given his explanation (which he owes nobody really) everyone ought to keep their cynicism at home. I'm sorry, Image. I spoke with some passion there.

Rhymez, you're just funny.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by tpiah: 3:51am On Sep 19, 2010
Image123:

God cares.

so do people.

and in certain instances, na people's wahala dey plenty pass.

even non-religious people will count days and months of a pregnancy.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by tpiah: 3:52am On Sep 19, 2010
from article

God has disgraced those counting days for us."

oh well.

must be the pr office releasing that.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by bawomolo(m): 5:57am On Sep 19, 2010
who is counting days for him?

nothing wrong is craving sex pre-marital or not, do your thing pastor grin
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by rhymz(m): 8:04am On Sep 19, 2010
vescucci:

I apologise to Image. All I meant is more people than you know are born outta wedlock. Suppose the pastor admits wrongdoing, what then? Decommission him as pastor? Or kill the child? It's wrong as a Christian to fornicate, yes. It might be worse not to accept the pastor's explanation. To me, given his explanation (which he owes nobody really) everyone ought to keep their cynicism at home. I'm sorry, Image. I spoke with some passion there.

. . . Scheeeew!! Just waka jor! Because he is a pastor, it is out of bound to be cynical even when his explanations do not add up? I bet you are one of those siddon-talk, arm-chair critics that will take any Nigerian public officials to d cleaners and whine about how every Nigerian is a rogue. Abeg jare make we hear word with all this uneccessary fanaticism and illogical fear of the unknown when it comes to touchy religious issues.
No wonder a man once alarmed and said he hated religion because it was so shielded from objective scrutiny that ppl believe en masse what a lunatic will doubt in his solitude. Like, it is ok to do shyte because it is a pastor. . . Scheee. . .you are the one who is talking funny with all d adrenalin rushing through Ur head, how can U be objective.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by maedan(f): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2010
rhymz:

. . . Scheeeew!! Just waka jor! Because he is a pastor, it is out of bound to be cynical even when his explanations do not add up? I bet you are one of those siddon-talk, arm-chair critics that will take any Nigerian public officials to d cleaners and whine about how every Nigerian is a rogue. Abeg jare make we hear word with all this uneccessary fanaticism and illogical fear of the unknown when it comes to touchy religious issues.
No wonder a man once alarmed and said he hated religion because it was so shielded from objective scrutiny that ppl believe en masse what a lunatic will doubt in his solitude. Like, it is ok to do shyte because it is a pastor. . . Scheee. . .you are the one who is talking funny with all d adrenalin rushing through your head, how can U be objective.

shocked shocked shocked Jeez, take it easy. The guy apologized, and quite nicely too. What's your stress, haba. Abi you two get issues? For the record, it is you who are being unnecessarily touchy about the whole subject. So what if the pastor actually lied, and the baby was not prematurely born but was really conceived prior to wedlock? It's not a crime but for a man of God it's a shame. It's not our business, not even the business of his members. Though it would be hard to take him seriously the next time he stands there preaching on the pulpit. . .
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by vescucci(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2010
I didn't know you could string together a decent sentence for I'd have taken you more seriously, Rhymez. Anyways, since in your courts, people are guilty until proven innocent, feel free to employ a forensics team. FYI I don't do religion.
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by Image123(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
vescucci:

Apology accepted but i don't really think i need/needed one. I wasn't offended, just pointed out something. I won't comment on the rest. Have a good week
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by vescucci(m): 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2010
Yeah, well, I apologise when I see error in what I've done, even if you don't demand it. That's my ninja way!
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by nuclearboy(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2010
@Vesc:

Please ignore in the interest of peace. Bad advise (I know wink) since I wouldn't if it was moi. But then you're normal, ain't you? wink
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by vescucci(m): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2010
Did you mean for me to ignore Image? Perhaps you misunderstood him. He's not being stubborn, he's just saying he wasn't cross with me and I was just saying I apologise when I'm wrong, cross or not. Normal? Normal is relative and I prefer to be abnormal anyways. Asserts my individuality. Much like you, Nuke
Re: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery by rhymz(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2010
vescucci:

I didn't know you could string together a decent sentence for I'd have taken you more seriously, Rhymez. Anyways, since in your courts, people are guilty until proven innocent, feel free to employ a forensics team. FYI I don't do religion.
Vescucci
Obviously, you are dense, take me seriously? Like seriously, you realy think you can engage me in a debate on any issue. I don't blame you though you can sit in front of a screen and feign to be smart, that is just one of the many luxuries that being anonymous on the net grants you, in real life I bet you would think twice before boasting to a person like me. I don't even need to quiz you much to know that you are shallow and petty, from your childish piety to yoursenseless compa risons it is very obvious who you can argue your lame points with, definitely not with me coz I will bully you.
The pastor made an uneccessary statement to explain sth that was very obvious to anyone with common sense, I gave my opinion and you self-righteously labelled me a witch-hunter and concluded that the truth does not matter so long the child is Ok and shit.
Incase you don't know, the fact that it is a pastor that is involved, it makes it more imperative for us to know the truth, he is the one that stands on the pulpit and criticizes our life-styles and tells us how we should live above bar and be like God.
The fact that he even felt the need to explain-rumour or not- gives us more reason to doubt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Tolerated Abuse For Long" - Anita Oyakhilome Breaks silence on divorce / Should Prostitutes & Yahoo Boys Pay Tithes​ From Their Income? / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.