Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) (53587 Views)

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / The Bad State Of Mile 2-Tincan Road That Lagos State Govt Will Be Repairing / Apapa-wharf Road That Dangote Reconstructed; See What Trailers Are Turning It To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Hmajeed(m): 10:41am On Apr 26, 2019
I wanted to make this correction Long ago, AUTOJOSH is a news platform... you shouldn't be making conclusions.

You are to report the news and let the reader make there conclusions.... SHOW OF SHAME is not a word a news company should be using.

By the way, you know Ambode is stepping out... he wants to take glory for the projects he initiated

Whether completed or close to completion, he deserves the accolades and wants to reserve it for himself

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by natznext(m): 10:41am On Apr 26, 2019
So these southwest governors sabi road come Lagos

Especially Mr Constituted Authority, and he's building 4 lanes "major roads" without busstops or layby, lighting and he claims to be the builder of modern Oyo

From these pictures i can see work is ongoing on the road, now that's reassuring, on the Transport interchange work goes on 24/7 on that site, i stay off airport road.

Considering what has become of Nigerian Politics today, i won't blame Ambode for commissioning these projects like this, Though it is wrong by sane standards...

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Hmajeed(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
These are photos of the Oshodi-Airport road.

These pictures were taken a day after the road was commissioned by President Mohammadu Buhari.

The Oshodi-Airport road is a gateway into the country. It connects Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) to the Oshodi axis of the state.

Tragically, for decades, that stretch of road remained a national disgrace.

Though a Federal road, the project is being handled by the Lagos State government.

On May 2017, and with facilitation by Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, the federal government finally gave the approval for the Lagos State government to commence a total reconstruction of the road.

Interestingly, from the photos, it is quite evident that the Oshodi-Airport road – just like the equally commissioned Oshodi transport Interchange - is far from completion.

The rationale behind commissioning this uncompleted road project is yet to be established.

Even more befuddling is why the President agreed to participate in this apparent show of shame.

The Oshodi-Airport road construction project is being handled by Hitech Construction Company Limited.

See more photos here

Source: https://autojosh.com/this-is-the-airport-road-that-buhari-commissioned-in-lagos-embarrassing-photos/

I wanted to make this correction Long ago, AUTOJOSH is a news platform... you shouldn't be making conclusions.
You are to report the news and let the reader make there conclusions.... SHOW OF SHAME is not a word a news company should be using.
By the way, you know Ambode is stepping out... he wants to take glory for the projects he initiated
Whether completed or close to completion, he deserves the accolades and wants to reserve it for himself
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by TheStarsAlign: 10:46am On Apr 26, 2019
Commissioning uncompleted projects. It's easy to scam some set of people, just tell them you have integrity. Wala! they'd become irredeemably scammed. Worst is both scammee and scammer are not ashamed. You are all welcome to the Federal Republic of Scameria.

Ps: Sincerely, Nigeria rulers need to go and learn from Rwanda instead of all these foolishness.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by festacman(m): 10:48am On Apr 26, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^^

No.

No one is being dumb here. Therealso isn't any need to call any one names here.

The question is: is it the norm to commission an uncompleted project? undecided

Answer truthfully please.
There is no clause in Nigerian constitution or in our law book that stipulates when to commision a project. So, neither Buhari nor Ambode contravened any known law.

Let's face it, if you so desire, you can commission a phase of a project and commission another later. Gov. Ambode conceived this road project that leads the world into Lagos, started the project, paid fully for its construction and at some stage invited the president to commission it. Now, tell me why should people should kill themselves over this?

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by DammyGbade(m): 10:52am On Apr 26, 2019
That's politics for you. Do u want someone to come and take the glory on what he didn't do?
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Wallade(m): 10:54am On Apr 26, 2019
agabusta:
Autojosh you better don't lose your relevance by focusing only on the areas yet to be completed.

Everybody living in Lagos knows the project is yet to be fully completed.

You don't have to show only the pictures of the places yet to be completed.

Your picture report should be balanced showing all the areas that have been done, which is providing motorists coming from the airport with smooth ride, and then the uncompleted places also.

Why should any sane person commission an uncompleted project? I don't understand it.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 26, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

PDP eventually lost that state. Even Shekarau beat Pdp in the senatorial election.

Kwankwanso is overrated.
All praise to buhari. May his reign bring more of ganduje and yahaya Bello and may you have a ganduje manning your accounts
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
He isn't losing any relevance as long as he does what is right.

We are being told this rubbish that took place 2 days ago is 'pre-commissioning' (whatever the hell that means) undecided

If the project was completed and indeed ready for commissioning (and not this 'pre-commissioning nonsense), you wouldn't need to plaintively wail for 'balanced coverage'. The project would 'stand on its own' and we would not be having this discussion.

We are not children.
if what interests more in all of this is the ceremony of commissioning and not the magnitude and the relevance of the the project then you are obviously one of the numerous misguided youth roaming this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

PDP eventually lost that state. Even Shekarau beat Pdp in the senatorial election.

Kwankwanso is overrated.
All praise to buhari. May his reign bring more of ganduje and yahaya Bello and may you have a ganduje manning your accounts cheesy grin
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by jaggedboi(m): 11:04am On Apr 26, 2019
Sanwo olu will recommission it in 2 years time
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by seguntijan(m): 11:06am On Apr 26, 2019
When some people out of naivety were pitying the outgoing Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode over his ill-fated second term bid, I laughed becuase they didn't know the kind of character he is. Akin is naturally vindictive and wicked.
The crazy rush to falsely impress the world that he had performed outstandingly well by commissioning uncompleted projects just to prevent his successor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu from taking credit of commssioning those projects smacks of kindergarten act and immaturity.
Former Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN is a man in his own class. A complete Omoluabi and matured mind. Fashola didn't rush to commission uncompleted projects just to take the glory.
Infact, the former governor deliberately left the commissioning of the completed # LASEMA Centre at Cappa, Oshodi and other landmark projects for his successor, Ambode to commission.

The presidency should asked of updates and status of projects which were commissioned by the President last year, March 29, 2018. The glorified bus stop in Ikeja which Ambode brought Mr President to Lagos commission is yet to be put to use. Infact, It is being 'remodelled' after it was commissioned.
The Oshodi Transport Interchange is not yet a completed project and Lagos Airport Road is not 90 percent near completion.

4 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Champneys: 11:07am On Apr 26, 2019
Buhari. Legendary for commissioning uncompleted projects! lol
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by VolvoS60(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2019
festacman:

There is no clause in Nigerian constitution or in our law book that stipulates when to commision a project. So, neither Buhari nor Ambode contravened any known law.

Let's face it, if you so desire, you can commission a phase of a project and commission another later. Gov. Ambode conceived this road project that leads the world into Lagos, started the project, paid fully for its construction and at some stage invited the president to commission it. Now, tell me why should people should kill themselves over this?

^^^

undecided

I can't believe what you just wrote. You are being legalistic here - for very cynical reasons.

The 'justification' (according to you) for the charade that took place 2 days ago is - as far as I am concerned nothing more than personal glory. Nothing more than that. Just plain old vanity and egotism.

The entire country is littered with 20, 30 and 40 year old uncompleted projects - some of which undoubtedly were 'commissioned' or 'pre-commissioned' just like the projects Buhari came for 2 days ago. Today those projects are unfinished white elephants. What are the guarantees that these LASG projects wouldn't end up like that? What happens then? What insurance or redress do taxpayers have against that sort of deception and fraud?

Because of what you have said, I am going to find out what Nigerian law says (or if it says anything at all) about when a project should be commissioned or pre-commissioned or whatever. But I don't need the law to tell me it doesn't make sense to commission or pre-commission an uncompleted project. This is why Nigeria is in such a mess - our decision makers (and some of the led too) have a mindset that inverts logic, reason, good judgement and common sense. undecided

The truth shall make us free.

5 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Bimpe29: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2019
Nigeria has been reduced to a Banana Republic.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by VolvoS60(m): 11:09am On Apr 26, 2019
silastemplar:
if what interests more in all of this is the ceremony of commissioning and not the magnitude and the relevance of the the project then you are obviously one of the numerous misguided youth roaming this country

^^^
The core issues here are obviously beyond you.

Do have a good day, Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
See also:

See The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Was Recently PreCommissioned (PHOTOS). To read click the Nairaland link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5154106/see-oshodi-transport-interchange-recently#77859106

I believe you took these report with sole intention of informing the public ....
I don't have to consult the oracle before i can decipher why apc/buhari hurriedly commissioned those projects ..it is just to honour Ambode tenure since they are project from his administration. which is not just fair but ideal after what apc did to ambode
if they are to wait for completion ,n sanwo olu is sworn in automatically the project will carry sanwo name when it is due.
Like i said, i believe u meant well, seen some of your reports around ...i commend ur effort n good works

2 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Kdon2: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2019
agabusta:
Autojosh you better don't lose your relevance by focusing only on the areas yet to be completed.

Your picture report should be balanced showing all the areas that have been done, which is providing motorists coming from the airport with smooth ride, and then the uncompleted places also.

See this one.I wonder whats wrong with peoples reasoning in nigeria. Completed project is what is normally commissioned not uncompleted project. Hiss

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by agabusta: 11:14am On Apr 26, 2019
Kdon2:

See this one.I wonder whats wrong with peoples reasoning in nigeria. Completed project is what is normally commissioned not uncompleted project. Hiss

You are obviously daft, if you cant comprehend the simple message I passed to him. Did I mention anything about commissioning or not?
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by agabusta: 11:17am On Apr 26, 2019
harizonal123:

By any standard an uncompleted road project is not supposed to be commissioned. Something is truly wrong with your brain

What sort of idiotic statement response is this? Did I talk about the merits or otherwise of commissioning the project?

What I asked is for him to give a balanced report on the project. Its your brain something is definitely wrong with.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by agabusta: 11:21am On Apr 26, 2019
able20:

You too you are ashamed Abi, imagine a president commissioning an uncompleted projects

I'm not a fan of Ambode at all. Fashola is miles ahead of him. I'm really happy he was kicked out.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by agabusta: 11:22am On Apr 26, 2019
truthsayer009:

The only thing i see in this picture is as id Sanwo Olu is the comissioning the project with Buhari, why is he standing there like he is the Governor already.

This is shameful.

He is the people's choice. Let him be. We want him at the forefront of anything Lagos, right from when he became governor elect.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by GEEBITE: 11:28am On Apr 26, 2019
Buharis ADC must be very "nosy"(all puns intended cos he got a big one).Is he scared the boss might read it wrongly,dude craning his leg badly but height disadvantage not helpful.
AutoJoshNIG:
These are photos of the Oshodi-Airport road.

These pictures were taken a day after the road was commissioned by President Mohammadu Buhari.

The Oshodi-Airport road is a gateway into the country. It connects Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) to the Oshodi axis of the state.

Tragically, for decades, that stretch of road remained a national disgrace.

Though a Federal road, the project is being handled by the Lagos State government.

On May 2017, and with facilitation by Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, the federal government finally gave the approval for the Lagos State government to commence a total reconstruction of the road.

Interestingly, from the photos, it is quite evident that the Oshodi-Airport road – just like the equally commissioned Oshodi transport Interchange - is far from completion.

The rationale behind commissioning this uncompleted road project is yet to be established.

Even more befuddling is why the President agreed to participate in this apparent show of shame.

The Oshodi-Airport road construction project is being handled by Hitech Construction Company Limited.

See more photos here

Source: https://autojosh.com/this-is-the-airport-road-that-buhari-commissioned-in-lagos-embarrassing-photos/

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Kdon2: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2019
agabusta:

You are obviously daft, if you cant comprehend the simple message I passed to him. Did I mention anything about commissioning or not?

I guess you are talking about your generations.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by agabusta: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2019
grandstar:
The road is quite beautiful. This pictures does not do it justice

This is exactly what I was trying to say and some puppies were yapping at me. I have driven on the road and it is actually lovely. That was why I advised the OP to be balanced. Show both the good and bad side of the road.

Initially I thought the project was a misplaced priority for Ambode.

But with what he has done on the road within that short period, I changed my mind and appreciated the move (though, I am not a fan of Ambode at all).

If the FG was to carry out the project, it would have taken a longer time. FG's project are usually very slow.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2019
[quote author=seguntijan post=77869234

The crazy rush to falsely impress the world that he had performed outstandingly well by commissioning uncompleted projects just to prevent his successor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu from taking credit of commssioning those projects smacks of kindergarten act and immaturity.
Former Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN is a man in his own class. A complete Omoluabi and matured mind. Fashola didn't rush to commission uncompleted projects just to take the glory.
Infact, the former governor deliberately left the commissioning of the completed # LASEMA Centre at Cappa, Oshodi and other landmark projects for his successor, Ambode to commission.

The presidency should asked of updates and status of projects which were commissioned by the President last year, March 29, 2018. The glorified bus stop in Ikeja which Ambode brought Mr President to Lagos commission is yet to be put to use. Infact, It is being 'remodelled' after it was commissioned.
The Oshodi Transport Interchange is not yet a completed project and Lagos Airport Road is not 90 percent near completion. [/quote]

Stop mixing things up , fashola ambode scenerio is completely different from ambode sanwo case ....i can emphatically say these is 1st of it's kind in nigeria democratic history ... yet there was peace , some thing like these can even happen in the E or SS not to mention the north ... we all saw how okorocha stood up to apc.
When you treat someone unjustly for a greater course/good it is only idle to compensate, i strongly believe the party & presidency made that move to compensate him , i won't be surprise if he gets a ministerial post .... fashola had 8yrs whatever project that wasnt completed can not be blamed on the party or incoming governor .. its a case of no choice.
i will advice you guys stop crying more than the bereaved , apc nor sanwo as not said anything against the move ... broda mind ur business
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by festacman(m): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^

undecided

I can't believe what you just wrote. You are being legalistic here - for very cynical reasons.

The 'justification' (according to you) for the charade that took place 2 days ago is - as far as I am concerned nothing more than personal glory. Nothing more than that. Just plain old vanity and egotism.

The entire country is littered with 20, 30 and 40 year old uncompleted projects - some of which were undoubtedly 'commissioned' or 'pre-commissioned' just like the projects Buhari came for 2 days ago. Today those projects are unfinished white elephants. What are the guarantees that these LASG projects wouldn't end up like that? What happens then? What insurance or redress do taxpayers have against that sort of deception and fraud?

Because of what you have said, I am going to find out what Nigerian law says (or if it says anything at all) about when a project should be commissioned or pre-commissioned or whatever. But I don't need the law to tell me it doesn't make sense to commission or pre-commission an uncompleted project. This is why Nigeria is in such a mess - our decision makers (and some of the led too) have a mindset that inverts logic, reason, good judgement and common sense. undecided

The truth shall make us free.
The issue of abandonment does not arise.
1. The contract has been fully paid for according to Ambode.
2. If look closely at those pictures, you will notice that outgoing Gov. Ambode and incoming Gov-elect Sanwoolu flanked Pres. Buhari while he performed the official commissioning . What more assurances do you need?
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Psoul(m): 11:41am On Apr 26, 2019
agabusta:

This is total trash u are saying here. It did not see any unbalanced reporting here.
He is telling us that the project is not yet completed and the idea of commissioning it should not arise. So he need to show us the uncompleted sides as evidence to what he is reporting.

Unless the meaning of commissioning a project has changed in this administration, U only commission a completed project.
If the project is yet to start, u do a foundation laying.
What a silly government is dis?
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by VolvoS60(m): 11:41am On Apr 26, 2019
festacman:

The issue of abandonment does not arise.
1. The contract has been fully paid for according to Ambode.
2. If look closely at those pictures, you will notice that outgoing Gov. Ambode and incoming Gov-elect Sanwoolu flanked Pres. Buhari while he performed the official commissioning . What more assurances do you need?

^^^^
Yes it does. Every day in this country, private citizens pay 100% upfront for goods and services and yet the service provider defaults. That's why the court system is full of 'breach of contract' lawsuits. The government too is the plaintiff in several breach of contract lawsuits of its own - when companies do not deliver goods and services paid for by government. So how can you say that the issue of abandonment does not arise? undecided

That Ambode and Sanwoolu flanked Buhari while he commissioned the projects provides the assurance I need? undecided Are you serious sir?!
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Awake18(m): 11:43am On Apr 26, 2019
I just passed the road about an hour ago,the road is massive,it’s a laudable project from Ambode himself,how I wish he could be allowed one more term
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by abduleez1(m): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2019
This is already looking dumb cos we Lagosians know the main reason for this hurried commissioning. The truth of it is that I actually expected this to happen, because Ambode being wise enough to quickly commission his soon to be completed project which he already fully paid for. Besides do you know the huge amounts of money he paid to make this mega projects come to fruition. To not allow his Successor to come and take his glory when it gets completed and he is not in office. Wise move I must say. Cos same thing happened when PMB took over from GEJ whose almost completed NIPP(National Independent Power Projects) across the Country got commissioned by Buhari. And Nigerians gave the glory to PMB for bringing stable power supply to the country in the space of 6 months. Now how is that possible? Even PMB himself said it was a project constructed by his predecessor in one of the commissioning.
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by harizonal123(m): 11:51am On Apr 26, 2019
agabusta:

What sort of idiotic statement response is this? Did I talk about the merits or otherwise of commissioning the project?

What I asked is for him to give a balanced report on the project. Its your brain something is definitely wrong with.
Your case is a special one that needs recommendation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VACATION: Mid-Air Pictures Of How Another Airplane Accompanied Our Flight. / Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) / How Much Would It Cost To Travel To Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.