Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,153 members, 7,953,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee (19346 Views)

Lagos Issues Seven-day Ultimatum To Illegal Structure Owners In Lekki, Other Are / 1,115 Property Owners In Oyo Fail To Pick Up Certificate Of Occupancy / Two 3-Storey Buildings Collapse In Aba, One Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Barryseal: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2019
This madness started in Anambra state back in 2014, atleast when I first heard about this.
So Abia state don learn work?

1 Like

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Sanchez01: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2019
Nasa28:
Please tribal bigots keep of.

You build your own house.
Provide security
Provide electricity (Generator)
No accessible roads.

Yet ,government will still come up with stupid levies.

Pls, what is the rationale behind asking borehole owners to pay 30k levy for providing water supply in their homes?

Is government in Nigeria different from other countries?
What is wrong with our leaders?

Is the national cake not enough for them again?

This can only happen when a government isn't working. I just hope home owners/landlord associations would sue the state government before they are robbed blind. As if paying tax isn't enough, I'd have to pay for the free water God has placed in the ground, IN MY COMPOUND, just because I dug to access it!

4 Likes

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by shadeyinka(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2019
Yinxies:
Some next level things...
We design professional websites from as low as N25,000 Call/Whatsapp 0-8-0-6-4-5-2-0-6-7
This is Nigeria
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Chimaokigwe: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2019
wink2015:

This law if implemented in Abia state will be adopted by other state governors in Nigeria and not too long it will be a standing rule across the 36 states of the federation including Abuja.

With the dwindling returns from Crude Oil Allocation to states many states are looking for alternative ways to step up their Internally Generated Revenue.

But this law on taxing borehole owners will remain controversial if implemented.

Mention a single structure put in place to enable Abia citizens enjoy and pay more taxes.

Or Ikpeazu only knows how to tax but not provide.

2 Likes

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by shadeyinka(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2019
This is Nigeria who copy anything the white man does without thinking of the rationale behind it.

In western countries, you can't drill deep wells and bore holes anyhow without a license BECAUSE the government owns everything underground.

The government builds tunnels, drainages, sewers, bunkers etc underground. Hence, to drill a borehole for instance, proper allowance must have been made that it wouldn't obstruct current or future government projects.

Trust us in Nigeria: copycat with no brains. All the politicians want is money to spend.

That was how one Local government Task Force team was asking for my car RADIO licence. SMH

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Decolonel(m): 8:40am On Apr 26, 2019
This can happen in a country that's so clueless about the suffering of the masses. Govt. couldn't provide water and u decided to open borehole water for yourself, now you are being charged 30k levy for doing a job that the clueless Govt couldn't do. That's ridiculously awful. Who us making these laws?. Is the Govt of Ikpeazu aware of the outrageous and inhuman levies?.

It is because the citizens are not politically conscious like those in the SS or SW. I weep for them cos I don't know when they will ever come of this bondage of political mediocrity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by crestedaguiyi: 8:41am On Apr 26, 2019
We pay this in port Harcourt every year.

It's collected by ministry of health, they call it water inspection and analysis.

They issue a lab report thereafter

1 Like

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by celeiyke: 8:42am On Apr 26, 2019
It is similar to land use charge in Lagos n Ogun. But the state can incorporate and consolidate similar charges into Land use charge rather than having multiple charges
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Chimaokigwe: 8:42am On Apr 26, 2019
Cameroonglass:
funny, The word NIGERIA is a joke

No, Abia State is a cursed joke.
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by truehero(m): 8:44am On Apr 26, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Tallesty1:
Born free, taxed to death

Deep meaning
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Edyice: 8:44am On Apr 26, 2019
Initially it for those that sell water but I really don't know why government will do sure thing
Selling water or not .

The government failed to provide

Now the people are doing things for themselves
Providing light and water and basic infrastructure for themselves, government now want to bring their long leg to eat were they didn't work angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Sanchez01: 8:45am On Apr 26, 2019
grandstar:
The state badly needs Internally Generates Revenue hence the senseless tax.
wink2015:

This law if implemented in Abia state will be adopted by other state governors in Nigeria and not too long it will be a standing rule across the 36 states of the federation including Abuja.

With the dwindling returns from Crude Oil Allocation to states many states are looking for alternative ways to step up their Internally Generated Revenue.

But this law on taxing borehole owners will remain controversial if implemented.
I recall telling some persons on here that states merger would happen if resource control or federalism or whatever it is people are calling for kick in.

Most states don't have resources that can translate into money to take care of themselves and here we are; a state is at the verge of milking her people dry just because of there was a drop in Crude allocation to states.

What happens then when every state is left to fend for themselves? Perhaps the government would charge her people for the use of air and possibly the sun.

2 Likes

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by nwadiuko1(m): 8:45am On Apr 26, 2019
this is wrongin its entirety....... the Governor is definitely not aware of this
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Chimaokigwe: 8:45am On Apr 26, 2019
[s]
celeiyke:
It is similar to land use charge in Lagos n Ogun. But the state can incorporate and consolidate similar charges into Land use charge rather than having multiple charges
[/s]

Big lie

Abia charges Land use charge and ground rent separately.

Don't equate this robbery with Land use charge.

2 Likes

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by kponkedenge(m): 8:45am On Apr 26, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
We paid a 1 million+ naira land charge for our house in Lagos last year.

Who knew owning a house was this tedious.

What was the money for?
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by wellmax(m): 8:46am On Apr 26, 2019
As much as it is government's responsibilities to provide water, those who dig borehole for business purposes are suppose to pay a fee or a form of tax.
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Afamed: 8:47am On Apr 26, 2019
The 2 litre of kerosene before the election, it is time to pay back

3 Likes

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by olas24u(f): 8:48am On Apr 26, 2019
Nasa28:
Please tribal bigots keep of.

You build your own house.
Provide security
Provide electricity (Generator)
No accessible roads.

Yet ,government will still come up with stupid levies.

Pls, what is the rationale behind asking borehole owners to pay 30k levy for providing water supply in their homes?

Is government in Nigeria different from other countries?
What is wrong with our leaders?

Is the national cake not enough for them again?

You pay per year?or just a levy when you dig?or every month?
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Cameroonglass(m): 8:51am On Apr 26, 2019
lol, all na join
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2019
What kind of rubbish n silly joke is this.....must everything be seen as offcie n chopings to some people in this country....make them dare near my house, nonsense people....I even thought of it, I know it will start from the east, only them wil complain n even cheat n marginalized themselves..yet they shout the gov't dnt like them n biafra
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Johnrake69: 9:01am On Apr 26, 2019
This levy is unenforceable. It's a utility levy. There is no way government can disconnect it since the water is not from water corporation under their control

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by passey: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2019
But some slay Queens also have boreholes na!!
angry grin angry grin grin!
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by chiwex(m): 9:04am On Apr 26, 2019
is this creativity.
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 26, 2019
Decolonel:
This can happen in a country that's so clueless about the suffering of the masses. Govt. couldn't provide water and u decided to open borehole water for yourself, now you are being charged 30k levy for doing a job that the clueless Govt couldn't do. That's ridiculously awful. Who us making these laws?. Is the Govt of Ikpeazu aware of the outrageous and inhuman levies?.

It is because the citizens are not politically conscious like those in the SS or SW. I weep for them cos I don't know when they will ever come of this bondage of political mediocrity
Was it not in SS,,,bayelsa precisely; that their law makers just approved life pension for themselves? ?
While the oil producing state is currently owing a backlog of salaries with poor State infrastructure??
What are their politically conscious citizens doing about it??
What did the politically conscious citizens of SW do when Tinubu,a politician was driving bullion vans into his private residence? ?.
Instead it was people from other regions that raised red flags while the SW people were screaming jagaban!! "Igbos are jealous of Tinubu"!!....etc
And supported the man when he said it was "nobody's business"..
Was it not in the same SW that governors were using odourless fufu to secure votes??
Political conscious,,yen yen yen...
Someone will just wake up and start typing nonsense.

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by ernieboy(m): 9:06am On Apr 26, 2019
Sanchez01:

This can only happen when a government isn't working. I just hope home owners/landlord associations would sue the state government before they are robbed blind. As if paying tax isn't enough, I'd have to pay for the free water God has placed in the ground, IN MY COMPOUND, just because I dug to access it!
if care is not taken we might have "oxygen" tax if they can tax the water freely given by God.
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by loffyloffy: 9:10am On Apr 26, 2019
There is nothing wrong in the levies...The underground water is our commonwealth..a few people can't just be having access to it free of charge..if the water finish we will all suffer.

What is key is that the govt spend the money well

Hopefully other states will copy and implement
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Born2Breed(f): 9:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Nigerians paying for the inadequacies of the government since 1960.

Soon we will start paying toll on every road.

At times I just wish another Jerry Rawlings to happen in this country.
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by godofuck231: 9:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Father Lord deliver me from temptations, for I will return all trespassers back to you

Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Apr 26, 2019
You guys would soon pay for the air you breath in. Shebi, non-payment of taxes is the main issue?

Btw, only a senseless community with insane people will pay that money.
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by rowland545(m): 9:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Stop asking foolish questions this morning. Which nation?
You lot voted Ikpeazu, what did you expect? Abeg shut up and pay.
a pained APC fellow... I can feel your sifia pains
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by rowland545(m): 9:11am On Apr 26, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Stop asking foolish questions this morning. Which nation?
You lot voted Ikpeazu, what did you expect? Abeg shut up and pay.
a pained APC fellow... I can feel your sifia pains
Re: Borehole Owners In Aba To Pay 30k Fee by kay10: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2019
I think the next will be generators of different sizes.Nigeria should prepare for unexpected circumstances as it unfolds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Fencing 2 Standard Plots Of Land / Pop Design / Screeding At Better Price / Construction of 4 Bedroom Duplex +3 bedroom Bungalow At Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.