Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant (36353 Views)

Visa Denial: Canadian College Withholds Nigerian Applicant’s Fees (pics) / Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria / Female University Drop-out With 0.78 CGPA Graduates With 3.5CGPA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by paddyofboss(m): 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
MrAAA:

Was their language of instruction Yoruba?
Or the candidate studied Yoruba linguistics?
Zoology.. First Class.. Worst is they didn't give the person admission
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by Gujikaru: 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
[

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by MrAAA(m): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Bakeroy:

Some of our graduates are actually not good to say the fact.

Not good and wants a postgraduate degree abroad? A minimum of 3.0 of 5.0 CGPA? Given the educational environment we grew up in, Nigeria never bad reach like that in terms of English language.
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by MrAAA(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
paddyofboss:

You mean University of Ibadan denied a PG admission of a first class Zoology graduate because of Test of English Language?
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by MrAAA(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
paddyofboss:

You mean University of Ibadan denied a PG admission of a first class Zoology graduate because of Test of English Language?
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by justmenoni: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by Drestar19: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
This is one of the dumbest post ever...so in her mind shes thinking she has achieved something....make i ask did the school also waive her school fees ?.. Canadian masters for international students no be wash...the school just made a business decision... And they are the ones laughing to the bank....while our naija person is thinking they have made change and will have their name in the history books.... The school just want your money o jare...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
No name of student,, name of institution,, name of school administrator, academic program...
Where she wrote d exam.... Amongst others.

PS=Put utazi leaf as I sama nwanyiawka beans and plantain.

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by martineverest(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
the school no get name?..... beside,most Canadian universities don't require test of English from.nigerian students,,except the high ranking ones like University of Toronto and University of British Columbia.most school automatically exempt test of English from Nigerians,some requires certificate from Ur previous University in nigeria that shows u were taught in English
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by paddyofboss(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
MrAAA:

Yes.. Candidate scored 42..cut off was 40.. They didn't invite the candidate for the dept exam...First Class oooo
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by Taciturn1: 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
I once applied to study in Canada. Being a Nigerian that studied all my life here, I found it weird to write the TOEFL/IELTS exams, I refused to write the english proficiency exam. I was denied admission at the university of Calgary, as a result.
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by martineverest(m): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2019
Drestar19:
This is one of the dumbest post ever...so in her mind shes thinking she has achieved something....make i ask did the school also waive her school fees ?.. Canadian masters for international students no be wash...the school just made a business decision... And they are the ones laughing to the bank....while our naija person is thinking they have made change and will have their name in the history books.... The school just want your money o jare...
most Canadian schools don't even ask for English test from nigerians...the fact that the name of the school wasn't mentioned tells it's a fake story
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by famouscargo4u: 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
My friend already sued Canada at the Commonwealth for insisting on English test by Express entry applicants. I think Canada has had barrage of complaints regarding that. How can I be taught 16 years in English and you still expect me to write English test. I am so confident that I would do better in English language test than many Canadians. Arrant Nonsense!!!
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by Drestar19: 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Schools also have targets too no be only bankers get target...if ilets will prevent them from collecting money from naijas..then remove the rubbish ilets and continue to obtain naijas..
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by MrAAA(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
paddyofboss:

Yes.. Candidate scored 42..cut off was 40.. They didn't invite the candidate for the dept exam...First Class oooo
If na me, I will go to OAU, UNN or ABU do MSc, come back for my PhD at the same UI! grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by paddyofboss(m): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2019
MrAAA:

If na me, I will go to OAU, UNN or ABU do MSc, come back for my PhD at the same UI! grin
For what.. Na to go overseas.
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by MrAAA(m): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
paddyofboss:

For what.. Na to go overseas.

Since the guy seems to love Nigeria. Even with a first class in Zoology, you are entitled to 70% of scholarships abroad.
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by paddyofboss(m): 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
MrAAA:

Since the guy seems to love Nigeria. Even with a first class in Zoology, you are entitled to 70% of scholarships abroad.
Exactly my point
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by lorenzos1: 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
I am not sure the school dropped IELTS for her. Most applicants can be very lazy when reading requirements. For a lot of schools in Canada Nigeria is exempt from the English qualification requirement because we receive our Education in english. I am always shocked when i see people saying they were required to write IELTS to gain admission. If you probe further on the school site you would see Nigeria as one of the countries listed as exempt. But on the initial application page it is usually stated as a requirement for applicants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by MobilityExpress: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
seangy4konji:
You dont mean it...I usually dont believe any twitter stories but if you want me to believe you then you need to drop the name of the school or else the thunder weh go fire you deh askamaya deh relax...

Twitter = Sakamaje.

100% percent sakamanje full twitter grin home of fiction trainees grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by balonaija(f): 3:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
I don't know.
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by litaninja(m): 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
That awkward moment someone is dull enough to compare UI to Canada...

paddyofboss:
Even UI dey mandate their first class students to do proficiency English test. Na come.Canada
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by seangy4konji: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2019
They just sit down,carry phone and think likehmmmm...which kain epic tales by moon light i fit type drop again...as if they all halucccinate there or on cheap drugs...
MobilityExpress:

100% percent sakamanje full twitter grin home of fiction trainees grin
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by traihit: 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2019
Believe m, there are some schools in Canada from where you'd get PhD or professorship and UI will tell you they don't recognize it. The fact that it's from Canada does not mean it'll automatically be better than all the schools we have in Nigeria. So if you're from UI and you want to go for PG abroad, your UI lecturers will tell you to ensure you go to a good school.

litaninja:

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by somegirl1: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
The terrible grammar spewed on Nairaland on a daily basis is justification for the IELTS requirement.
Going by Nairaland comments, the average Nigerian lacks proficiency in English and comprehension skills.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by bendike: 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
martineverest:
the school no get name?..... beside,most Canadian universities don't require test of English from.nigerian students,,except the high ranking ones like University of Toronto and University of British Columbia.most school automatically exempt test of English from Nigerians,some requires certificate from Ur previous University in nigeria that shows u were taught in English
I taya ohh. No name?
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by paddyofboss(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
litaninja:

That awkward moment when one dullard couldn't comprehend the post.. If they force them at home in a school.where they graduated to do proficiency test is it Canada That Won't ask for a proficiency test.. Be smart plz don't stain the thread with ur low iq

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by Myself2(m): 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
seangy4konji:
You dont mean it...I usually dont believe any twitter stories but if you want me to believe you then you need to drop the name of the school or else the thunder weh go fire you deh askamaya deh relax...

Twitter = Sakamaje.

Ahhh Askamayah loun loun, whey no be dia the hotel staff dey beat yahoo boys dey peel their skin if dem no pay their bill ??
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by swiftsulex(m): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
seangy4konji:

Twitter = Sakamaje.
I did the same thing too. I wrote them an English exam waiver letter and they accepted it. Queens university Canada.
Re: Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant by XTHRONE(m): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
I said it, TOEFL and co are all scam, they use it to boost their economy, these countries can't do without Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corpse Of Dauda Mohammed Arrives Nigeria From India Ahead Of Burial. Photos / Ethiopian Woman Sits For Her Exam Just 30 Minutes After Giving Birth (Photo) / Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.