Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,066 members, 7,842,025 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed (1430 Views)

Dear Men, DNA Test Is Around ₦100 To ₦200k. Don't Be Unfortunate. / Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Luvlyna(f): 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
I used to feel sorry for guys who I felt some ladies left because they were probably still struggling and trying to find footing
Most times when I see some of my male colleagues or friends like that, I just advice them to leave girlfriend matter first and make money. I do not even understand the heartbreak and pain they feel until something similar happened to me, and I've never been more depressed than before.

Me and this guy were dating in 2017 while I was serving, we had issues and all my begging was almost in vain, even when he made plans for us to see at the end of that year, one issue came up and he just cancelled it, he even told me that I would not get a good job and I told him he wasn't God to determine my future.
So we separated. All through 2018, we barely communicated, not to talk of seeing. He stays in one of the oil producing states, while I came back to lag after service.
So I just channeled all my energy to looking for a job, every graduate trainee job or customer service job(I have experience), I put in my cv. I was being called for many. Some I won't pass the aptitude test. So I starting as a contract staff in the bank that was recently swallowed up by another. But because me and my brother was there, one had to leave, I opted to go because being a contract staff wasn't even the kind of job I wanted. I felt bad, but I didn't let it stop me.

I'm going to label some companies A, U and K
Along the way I got offer in U bank graduate trainee and I also got offer from A bank graduate trainee banking school. And even in the process of K consulting recruitment.
So the A bank after-training school offer looked bigger than the U, so I chose A. That was my greatest undoing. I could have just started my job in U and hopefully wait for K.

Training school in A bank was very difficult, you could be removed at anytime. Every day was a struggle and I wished I never chooses them, I have always been an arts student and being exposed to that amount of calculations was something else for me. I cried every day. During Xmas, this guy whom we barely spoke throughout the year until I started training school, invited me over to his place. Since we were in xmas break I decided to go see. I still loved him and cheating wasn't what caused our issue, it was just us not understanding ourselves, what we liked and didn't. And we hadn't met physically for long, I later got to understand that the very minute of issues can cause problem.

I went to meet him, and he was all so lovey dovey, started talking about the future, about how it was important for one's spouse to be working at least to contribute to the home, and that was his kind of woman he's looking for now. Fast forward to when training school resumed early January, I go bad news that I had been withdrawn due to me exceeding the number of carryover or resist one could have.
I cried, my career, my future taken away, after I ditched another career path for this, I felt naked. Everybody in the house tried consoling me. I still had one more interview with K, so I went for it on Val's day, they didn't even wait till I got home before regret mail was sent to me. I didn't make it. I slipped into depression. It wasn't easy, where will I start from. I gave one full year looking for job and I lost it.

In my sad and depressing state I summoned courage to send out my cv. The guy started acting like help, he wanted me to do a course in project management to increase my chances, he was helping out in the kind of interview questions to expect. Last month I went to see him, and I regret that decision to go see him.

He wasn't all so lovey dovey like when I was still in training school. He reminded not once about how I intend to finish his money. The day I left his house we were almost not on talking terms.
It has not been easy. Now I have started to learn how to sell things online while I still submit CVs and contact people that I'm still looking for work.

Now I have know how it feels when you're looked down upon when you are still struggling, but the good thing is that no one struggles forever.

Thanks for enduring this long post guys

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Mykel51(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
Luvlyna:
I used to feel sorry for guys who I felt some ladies left because they were probably still struggling and trying to find footing
Most times when I see some of my male colleagues or friends like that, I just advice them to leave girlfriend matter first and make money. I do not even understand the heartbreak and pain they feel until something similar happened to me, and I've never been more depressed than before.

Me and this guy were dating in 2017 while I was serving, we had issues and all my begging was almost in vain, even when he made plans for us to see at the end of that year, one issue came up and he just cancelled it, he even told me that I would not get a good job and I told him he wasn't God to determine my future.
So we separated. All through 2018, we barely communicated, not to talk of seeing. He stays in one of the oil producing states, while I came back to lag after service.
So I just channeled all my energy to looking for a job, every graduate trainee job or customer service job(I have experience), I put in my cv. I was being called for many. Some I won't pass the aptitude test. So I starting as a contract staff in the bank that was recently swallowed up by another. But because me and my brother was there, one had to leave, I opted to go because being a contract staff wasn't even the kind of job I wanted. I felt bad, but I didn't let it stop me.

Along the way I got offer in U bank graduate trainee and I also got offer from A bank graduate trainee banking school. And even in the process of K consulting recruitment.
So the A bank after-training school offer looked bigger than the U, so I chose A. That was my greatest undoing. I could have just started my job in U and hopefully wait for K.

Training school in A bank was very difficult, you could be removed at anytime. Every day was a struggle and I wished I never chooses them, I have always been an arts student and being exposed to that amount of calculations was something else for me. I cried every day. During Xmas, this guy whom we barely spoke throughout the year until I started training school, invited me over to his place. Since we were in xmas break I decided to go see. I still loved him and cheating wasn't what caused our issue, it was just us not understanding ourselves, what we liked and didn't. And we hadn't met physically for long, I later got to understand that the very minute of issues can cause problem.

I went to meet him, and he was all so lovey dovey, started talking about the future, about how it was important for one's spouse to be working at least to contribute to the home, and that was his kind of woman he's looking for now. Fast forward to when training school resumed early January, I go bad news that I had been withdrawn due to me exceeding the number of carryover or resist one could have.
I cried, my career, my future taken away, after I ditched another career path for this, I felt naked. Everybody in the house tried consoling me. I still had one more interview with K, so I went for it on Val's day, they didn't even wait till I got home before regret mail was sent to me. I didn't make it. I slipped into depression. It wasn't easy, where will I start from. I gave one full year looking for job and I lost it.

In my sad and depressing state I summoned courage to send out my cv. The guy started acting like help, he wanted me to do a course in project management to increase my chances, he was helping out in the kind of interview questions to expect. Last month I went to see him, and I regret that decision to go see him.

He wasn't all so lovey dovey like when I was still in training school. He reminded not once about how I intend to finish his money. The day I left his house we were almost not on talking terms.
It has not been easy. Now I have started to learn how to sell things online while I still submit CVs and contact people that I'm still looking for work.

Now I have know how it feels when you're looked down upon when you are still struggling, but the good thing is that no one struggles forever.

JESUS would come through dear and you would be left with testimonies.. AMEN

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by 4tunebest(f): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
Luvlyna:

I went through worse. In the end, God is faithful if we do not lose hope in Him. 1Cor 10:13. The verse my heavenly father gave me that saw me through the trying times.

I learnt from my own experience that it is true that whoever has Christ has EVERYTHING. It is only a matter of time for things to fall in their rightful place.

Reminds me of the song:
At the centre of it all its you that I see, Its you that I see.
There is power in your name,
Miracles happen in your name...

6 Likes

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
OP no vexoo,u need to work on your English grammar, It's very important for you as an Art graduate.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Luvlyna(f): 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
OP no vexoo,u need to work on your English grammar, It's very important for you as an Art graduate.

Hahaha
Just look at yourself in the mirror and see how silly you are. All the trainings and the interview interview invites I've received, I never came across any full blown art student like myself except for very few law students, and you're here talking about grammar.
The world is now a business hub, the media and entertainment industry that arts students might stand a chance, other disciplines and courses can handle that industry without stress, but an art student cannot work in a bank or engineering firm because of their mathematics deficiency. Only few go the extra mile to prepare for Gmat and other maths courses so as to get a job in those industries that are calculation based.

Be there looking for who can speak grammar while the world leaves you behind. Nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Luvlyna(f): 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2019
Mykel51:

JESUS would come through dear and you would be left with testimonies.. AMEN

Amen and Amen thanks so much
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Chubhie: 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Adversity introduces a woman to herself. Keep hope alive.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Luvlyna(f): 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
4tunebest:

I went through worse. In the end, God is faithful if we do not lose hope in Him. 1Cor 10:13. The verse my heavenly father gave me that saw me through the trying times.

I learnt from my own experience that it is true that whoever has Christ has EVERYTHING. It is only a matter of time for things to fall in their rightful place.

Reminds me of the song:
At the centre of it all its you that I see, Its you that I see.
There is power in your name,
Miracles happen in your name...

Thanks so much dear. I just looked up the scripture, indeed He won't give us more than we can handle. It is well
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Acidosis(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
Thought provoking!
When there's life, there's hope. Keep doing your best, and never give up.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by ayomilore: 9:10am On Apr 27, 2019
Luvlyna:

Next time don't respond to anyone who try to criticize you just ignore them it only shows the depth of their knowledge.

Keep trying guess the bank is access they are always crazy with their selection and recruitment process.

God is your strength.

3 Likes

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Philgafauto: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2019
Now you know what we guys go through.

Sorry about your predicament. It is well.
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2019
Same here except in my case, I never felt defeated I always k we one day it would be better u less as I do what I need to do. Fvck relationship and all, you come first. People call me selfish today but I dont care, alot of people didn't help me I helped myself so I have every right to be an asshole today

3 Likes

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2019
for speaking up & begging for money online, they said I am a cheap corporate beggar & lazy man. if u see my posts u will be so ashamed of my life. I have seen all d troubles of life. I ve done most menial jobs & also lost all my past labor & toil under d sun

but I have been in dis struggle for 15 - 19 years. will I ever come out of it ?
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by bukatyne(f): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
Luvlyna:

Oh my darling, you have the spirit, you will succeed in the end.

And while you are at it, ditch that guy.

He is not yours.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by bukatyne(f): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
Truest:
for speaking up & begging for money online, they said I am a cheap corporate beggar & lazy man. if u see my posts u will be so ashamed of my life. I have seen all d troubles of life. I ve done most menial jobs & also lost all my past labor & toil under d sun

You will if you keep pushing.

It is well.
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by dammy222(f): 11:05am On Apr 29, 2019
It is well with you poster and everyone going through tough times. Remember, at the end of the tunnel there is always light . Remain focused. You are blessed

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by CastingCrowns(f): 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
the first thing u should do is leave that guy... he isn't worth ur time.. from ur write up it's obvious u are an independent lady that doesn't depend on a man for anything.. just don't give up hope... persevere there is light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Ebirra: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
I'm kinda depressed too, so I know exactly how you feel. I will be done with NYSC by September, my whole world is clouded with uncertainty, every second of the day the thought of how to get a good job clouds my mind. Armed with only a second class lower, against numerous first class and 2.1 in the labor market.

For those of you saying it would get better, trust me it won't. You may overcome the struggle of unemployment, but you will certainly be faced with other turbulence. In life, there are good times, and bad times, sometimes you could be faced with Depression other times you could be overly joyous.

To avoid languishing in sorrow, keep a straight mind and a clear head, always be positive and your motto should be:

THERE IS ALWAYS SUNSHINE AFTER THE RAIN.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by OlawaleBammie: 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
dammy222:
It is well with you poster and everyone going through tough times. Remember, at the end of the tunnel there is always light . Remain focused. You are blessed

amen oo, i pray dem no off d generator at d other side of d tunnel o.
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Dolphin01: 12:03am On Apr 30, 2019
Never Give Up.
You have this spirit of an entrepreneur.... Never give up....Your days of shining will surely come.
As you go about your self-employed business, do know that a big tree was once a seedling.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by dammy222(f): 5:50am On Apr 30, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

amen oo, i pray dem no off d generator at d other side of d tunnel o.
Lol. No generator at the other side of the tunnel o, just a very bright light ushering in a new beginning
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by OlawaleBammie: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2019
dammy222:

Lol. No generator at the other side of the tunnel o, just a very bright light ushering in a new beginning

Ok oo.
Everytime wat we hear is der z light at d end of d tunnel, der z light, der is light...weda one wire don cut and d light don off people no knw, even people wey don already successfully pass tru d tunnel finish stil dey tink say dem never comot inside d tunnel as dem no see any light dem stil dey hope say one day one day dem go see light.
Make we just pray to God make He Himself help us check d tranformer generatin d light at d end of d tunnel oo, hmm i knw wat am sayin.
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Luvlyna(f): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Ok oo.
Everytime wat we hear is der z light at d end of d tunnel, der z light, der is light...weda one wire don cut and d light don off people no knw, even people wey don already successfully pass tru d tunnel finish stil dey tink say dem never comot inside d tunnel as dem no see any light dem stil dey hope say one day one day dem go see light.
Make we just pray to God make He Himself help us check d tranformer generatin d light at d end of d tunnel oo, hmm i knw wat am sayin.

Please try and be/stay positive for your good ok. It's what we wish for ourselves that come to pass
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
The best sales pitch i have ever read on nl.

You have a talent. Do you know you can create a story behind any product by using the tactics you used in writing this write up.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Angy55(f): 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
Truest:

Yes you will, just keep pushing and praying to God.. miracles happen. Don't give up.
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Angy55(f): 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
Ebirra:
I'm kinda depressed too, so I know exactly how you feel. I will done with NYSC by September, my whole world is clouded with uncertainty, every second of the day the thought of how to get a good job clouds my mind. Armed with only a second class lower, against numerous first class and 2.2 in the labor market.

For those of you saying it would get better, trust me it won't. You may overcome the struggle of unemployment, but you will certainly be faced with other turbulence. In life, there are good times, and bad times, sometimes you could be faced with Depression other times you could be overly joyous.

To avoid languishing in sorrow, keep a straight mind and a clear head, always be positive and your motto should be:

THERE IS ALWAYS SUNSHINE AFTER THE RAIN.

Don't over work yourself.. in my current place of work people who have no certificate are earning same salary with me. Some are even controllers earning 70k, you see them shout at us who has gone through the four walls of a higher institution like they are more qualified than us in the job.. what I am trying to say in essence is don't belittle yourself because of your grade.

A job will come but before it comes drop every negativity clouding your mind because of your grade.
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by Ebirra: 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
Angy55:

Don't over work yourself.. in my current place of work people who have no certificate are earning same salary with me. Some are even controllers earning 70k, you see them shout on us who has gone through the four walls of a higher institution like they are more qualified than us in the job.. what I am trying to say in essence is don't belittle yourself because of your grade.

[b]A job will come[b/] but before it comes drop every negativity clouding your mind because of your grade.

Thanks it means a lot, I claim the a job would come part
Re: The Struggling Doesnt Last Forever, Don't Be Depressed by dammy222(f): 7:54pm On May 01, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Ok oo.

Hmm.. I get you.. In life, we must ALWAYS remain HOPEFUL .No matter the circumstances, no matter where you find yourself, don't ever lose hope. Continue to pray to God. Destiny can only be delayed but it can't be denied. Most times God is already working on our case, we only need to be patient to await the manifestation of our answered prayers. It is well

(1) (Reply)

Should I Forgive Him? / Do We Still Have Fundamental Human Right In Nigeria / Brand New Clippers For Sell At Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.