Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? (532 Views)

How Tolerant Is God? / Studying Theology Makes One Less Pharisaical, Less Critical And More Tolerant. / God Loves Muslims More Than Christians - Reno Omokri (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? by Donbrig: 11:06am On Apr 27, 2019
As a Christian, I have always admired with great passion the way Yoruba Muslims are tolerant with their religious beliefs, compared to other Muslims, particularly in the north. And I keep wondering why? Are Yoruba Muslims reading another version of the Quran or they differently understood Islam and its teachings?
Re: Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 11:09am On Apr 27, 2019
There huge difference between religion and culture

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? by kafulka(m): 12:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Proffwhyhurry12:
There huge difference between religion and culture
But the incessant killing in the north is related to religion
Re: Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? by tartar9(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
Why are Yoruba xtians more tolerant than their nyanmiri counterparts
Re: Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
kafulka:

But the incessant killing in the north is related to religion
If you are opportune to meet Hausa Christians you'll know that intolerance is in their culture their vein and not religion. I saw a lot during my service year in kano
Re: Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? by paxonel(m): 1:44am On Apr 28, 2019
Donbrig:
As a Christian, I have always admired with great passion the way Yoruba Muslims are tolerant with their religious beliefs, compared to other Muslims, particularly in the north. And I keep wondering why? Are Yoruba Muslims reading another version of the Quran or they differently understood Islam and its teachings?
it is not the same people who propagate islam to the north that brought islam to the south west.
Islam was propagated by thieves in the north.
These thieves came from sahara desert, they inculcated the culture of jihad and spreading islam by conquest building caliphates, killing people who dont accept the religion and instituting fear among the hausas and fulanis to accept the religion.
But that wasn't the case in the south west.
Islam was properly thought and interpreted among the yorubas, thats why the yorubas love education, check the history of the awolowos

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities June 2019 Pdf / Real Evidence The Koran Copied From Other Books? / Many Aarons And Miriams, But Very Few Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.