Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go (7954 Views)

SUPER Clean S10+ With Charger, Pack And Other Materials / SAMSUNG S8+ 64gb With Pack and Assesories @75k / Clean Iphone 8plus For Sale (pack And Receipt Intact) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 10:17am On May 02, 2019
credon:

Mr asuustrike abeg leave us make we upgrade abeg, at least huawei that am eyeing have below 50k good quality speced phones and i will continue to challege transsion that if tecno, infinix and itel have thesame spec as written on paper, then they should ahip to Europe and America
Exacly my broda, you just nailed it. If tecno and infinix write whatever figure for camera megapixels, processor version, build materials and battery power etc then they should go and sell it in Europe and America If truly they are true and sincere as asuustrike is making us believe,

2 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 10:18am On May 02, 2019
credon:

Samsung did nit produce low budget phones because of Nigeria, so did xiaomi and huawei, globally it appears people are not so interested in spending so much on phones, just a good quality spec for a good price. Its a trend
Samsung is using a differentiation strategy (strategy where a firm seeks to be unique in its industry along some dimensions that are widely valued by buyers. In this case android platform ) to sell its brand in other countries. Although this strategy is working for them but it isn't over here. Tecno and co are using low cost strategy over here and it is working for them. I agree that many customers are not interested in spending so much on phones but good quality specification but good specification comes with a price. The price factor has been one of the pillars of tecno that is why they have held the market for long. Infact the 4p's of marketing has been their driving force in the Nigeria market.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 10:21am On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

Thats your assertion mr, if you still settle for crap, why are you forcing us to still use the crap
Am not forcing anyone to buy a particular brand rather am stating the obvious. Op stated this drama by painting tecno, Itel and infinix bad just to score cheap point.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 10:23am On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

You did this when ASUU was strike grin grin
We planning to embark on strike soon so get ready for another drama
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 10:28am On May 02, 2019
I wonder what transsion is hiding or running away from that all these years of producing what mr asuustrike calls the best, they can't at least put tecno and infinix on display at the mobile world congress in Barcelona like ulephone, and UMIDIGI, even at least hold a small event in the USA to showcase what transsion has. UMIDIGI i is on sale in the UK, that i saw on androidcentral.com. you see ehn mr asuustrike, all those specs tecno and infinix put up on their phones are questionable.besides some people will go to jail for misleading the Americans, but since we have no regulation here in naija thats why they will forever remain to service the mobile needs of mr asuustrike

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 10:30am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Am not forcing anyone to buy a particular brand rather am stating the obvious. Op stated this drama by painting tecno, Itel and infinix bad just to score cheap point.
Just do this, tell transsion to go and sell tecno, infinix and itel in Europe or america, we really need tgis challenge

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 10:30am On May 02, 2019
credon:

Mr asuustrike abeg leave us make we upgrade abeg, at least huawei that am eyeing have below 50k good quality speced phones and i will continue to challege transsion that if tecno, infinix and itel have thesame spec as written on paper, then they should ahip to Europe and America
You don't need to challenge tecno by painting them bad to drive a point. All you need to do is to advertise your brand by stating it's unique features. By the time you do so without dragging tecno and their market share began to shake then they will sit up. Why do it mtn reduced introduced cheaper data plan ? They observed that they were loosing their customers to their competitors. So let the customers decide whether they will continue with tecno or they switch to another brand don't spoil a brand that had helped many Nigerians
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 10:34am On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

Just do this, tell transsion to go and sell tecno, infinix and itel in Europe or america, we really need tgis challenge
The Transsion Holdings company from day one targeted African market and would remain so. Tell your brand to come to Nigeria and sell half the price Trans is offering if they wouldn't close up. You should be grateful to them for making smartphone affordable for many Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by credon: 10:35am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

You don't need to challenge tecno by painting them bad to drive a point. All you need to do is to advertise your brand by stating it's unique features. By the time you do so without dragging tecno and their market share began to shake then they will sit up. Why do it mtn reduced introduced cheaper data plan ? They observed that they were loosing their customers to their competitors. So let the customers decide whether they will continue with tecno or they switch to another brand don't spoil a brand that had helped many Nigerians
That's the reason why other brands have to come in so there will be competition for quality and customer satisfaction. I believe the noise made by huawei and xiaomi will make transsion to go global by being popular in Europe.and for this to happen, they can't sell what they are selling right now in naija in Europe, you know the consequences

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by credon: 10:37am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

The Transsion Holdings company from day one targeted African market and would remain so. Tell your brand to come to Nigeria and sell half the price Trans is offering if they wouldn't close up. You should be grateful to them for making smartphone affordable for many Nigerians.
Why are they running from USA or even UK, UMIDIGI is on sale in the uk
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 10:41am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Thats the reason why i brought the word crap. We have no regulation on electronics, i have even see a tv with lg on the body but akai shows when booting and remote control samsung, just because of targeting the African market and avoiding markets with strict quality regulations

4 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 11:17am On May 02, 2019
credon:

Why are they running from USA or even UK, UMIDIGI is on sale in the uk
Why are phones usable in UK not rampant over here? The reason is similar to why tecno isn't sold in UK and USA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 11:29am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Why are phones usable in UK not rampant over here? The reason is similar to why tecno isn't sold in UK and USA
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/05/02/oppo-mobile-launches-in-nigeria/?amp
Even oppo has landed, let them keep coming, we need change
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

Thats the reason why i brought the word crap. We have no regulation on electronics, i have even see a tv with lg on the body but akai shows when booting and remote control samsung, just because of targeting the African market and avoiding markets with strict quality regulations
We have regulations on electronics and other accessories in Nigeria. The enforcement agency responsible is the Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON). You should have said that we have weak regulatory body that enforces standard in Nigeria. The top big brand couldn't bring their products here because they know many Nigerians are price sensitive. Motorola repackaged themselves back to Nigeria but couldn't sell even though their products were good. Doesn't that send message to you that price is one main factor that make many Nigerians opting for a brand?. You think many Nigerians will buy a product that is expensive where there are alternatives?
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 02, 2019
ddjay:
I wonder what transsion is hiding or running away from that all these years of producing what mr asuustrike calls the best, they can't at least put tecno and infinix on display at the mobile world congress in Barcelona like ulephone, and UMIDIGI, even at least hold a small event in the USA to showcase what transsion has. UMIDIGI i know is on sale in UK, that i saw on androidcentral.com. you see ehn mr asuustrike, all those specs tecno and infinix put up on their phones are questionable.besides some people will go to jail for misleading the Americans, but since we have no regulation here in naija thats why they will forever remain to service the mobile needs of mr asuustrike
We have regulations on the type of electronics that comes to Nigeria. The enforcement body is Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON). The problem we have over here is enforcement by the aforementioned agency. Same way corruption strive in Nigeria is same way it does in many government agencies. UMIDIGI may display and sell their brands in the US because the government ensure that standard are meant. Aside that the level of income over there and Nigeria are not the same. Many persons complaining now should be grateful to tecno for bringing affordable phones to Nigeria. The likes of Xiaomi, Oppo etc never considered Nigeria when producing and selling their brand. They suddenly thought of Nigeria when they saw some Nigerians shipping their products via some agents and the fact that the market is good. They are welcome one of Africa's largest market however they shouldn't lay more emphasis on their products without considering other factors.
The following are suggestions if they want to do well in Nigeria.
1. Consider low income earners in their pricing; the class of Nigerians are more than medium and high income earners.
2. Consider setting up shops and having dealers countrywide. There should be after sales service delivery including replacement for accessories ( although many will say it has been taken care off but any slightest mistake may backfire)
3. Considering bringing affordable 4g LTE phones with 2gig minimum as this is one of the weaknesses of tecno.
4. They should consider the epileptic power situation over here because tecno and itel have an edge in this area
5. Low income earners should be able to buy a phone that has good camera quality or at least an average. Tecno did fair job here in producing tecno W4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 2:34pm On May 02, 2019
Honestly ehn, the person or persons bringing these brands into Nigeria has done very well o, please keep it up

2 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 3:34pm On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

The bolded refers to some Nigerians not all Nigerians. The Samsung A20 is still expensive for many Nigerians out there.It may be low budgeted phone but many Nigerians can't afford it.

I'm not disputing that most Nigerians may not be able to afford the A20. The point I'm making is that most phone companies are now incorporating premium features in their budget phones. There are no good features in phones coming from infinix and tecno. I say 'good' because non of their phones have ever had premium features.

Let me also inform you that none of their phones come at less than 40k. The galaxy A10 is around that price and packed with better features, the same goes for Xiaomi phones, the Redmi 7 for example. So what exactly is infinix and tecno offering

2 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 3:53pm On May 02, 2019
zamanii:

I'm not disputing that most Nigerians may not be able to afford the A20. The point I'm making is that most phone companies are now incorporating premium features in their budget phones. There are no good features in phones coming from infinix and tecno. I say 'good' because non of their phones have ever had premium features.

Let me also inform you that none of their phones come at less than 40k. The galaxy A10 is around that price and packed with better features, the same goes for Xiaomi phones, the Redmi 7 for example. So what exactly is infinix and tecno offering
Yes bros this is what we have been waiting to see in the mobile industry, but unfortunately as you know that in Nigeria, people easily get deceived and just want to hold an Android phone. But no problem, the craps versus the premium can both operate, after all they both share similar prices, me and you can still hold on to Xiaomi or huawei, Samsung, Nokia... While the tecno crew can hold on to their crap

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 02, 2019
zamanii:

Do the aforementioned phones have the following qualities;
1. Long lasting batteries( Samsung is messing up here that is why many are not buying their products)
2. Durability( Samsung is doing well here however the next point makes it worst)
3. Affordability( many Nigerians can't afford their products hence their products aren't selling)
4. Replacement incase of damage.
Do they have good marketing strategies because I doubt that. Their marketing department need to research very well because Nigeria market is not the same with other countries. That some persons are ranting all over the internet that they would buy a product doesn't mean they are ready. Marketing of products has gone beyond just one marketing mix ( Product itself). There are others things customers watch out for not just product specification.

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 4:03pm On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

1. Long lasting batteries( Samsung is messing up here that is why many are not buying their products)
2. Durability( Samsung is doing well here however the next point makes it worst)
3. Affordability( many Nigerians can't afford their products hence their products aren't selling)
Do they have good marketing strategies because I doubt that. Their marketing department need to research very well because Nigeria market is not the same with other countries. That some persons are ranting all over the internet that they would buy a product doesn't mean they are ready. Marketing of products has gone beyond just one marketing mix ( Product itself). There are others things customers watch out for not just product specification.
No problem, just go on with your tecno, as long as its YOU, no problem. Just do us the favour of not changing your brand, just remain with the TECNO

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

No problem, just go on with your tecno, as long as its YOU, no problem. Just do us the favour of not changing your brand, just remain with the TECNO
If your brand offer those things I listed then I switch
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 4:25pm On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

You are asking me if Samsung and Xiaomi phones are durable and replaceable. I suppose you've not used any of these devices, hence the question. Ask around and read up on forums like xda how people are still using their Samsung s4, note 3, j5 and the rest. This is because these devices were made to last for days! how many people can boast that they still have their infinix hot note till date? you must struggle to get a good number of them, this is not necessarily because they are not working, it's because these phones have become obsolete and cannot meet up with current realities.

In fact, latest features on new android versions were gotten from the likes of Samsung and Xiaomi e.g split screen and the rest. What feature can android get from infinix? Nada!. The same thing goes for Xiaomi. People still hold on to their old Xiaomi phones because they are still strong and usable. Their parts are also not difficult to replace. Carlcare that has service centers in Nigeria, we have read and heard stories of people who go there and end up regretting. It's either they come out worse than they went in or the carlcare officials are clueless as to how to solve their problem. So, what are we saying?

Refer back to my previous post on battery and affordability. I don tire to talk

6 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 4:27pm On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

Yes bros this is what we have been waiting to see in the mobile industry, but unfortunately as you know that in Nigeria, people easily get deceived and just want to hold an Android phone. But no problem, the craps versus the premium can both operate, after all they both share similar prices, me and you can still hold on to Xiaomi or huawei, Samsung, Nokia... While the tecno crew can hold on to their crap

This sums up everything sef. Let the crap crew keep buying crap while the more exposed keep going for value

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 9:00pm On May 02, 2019
U see ba, we are not the only ones, see the reactions of people on a tour by one of the craps https://www.nairaland.com/5165784/experience-infinix-s4-hangout-abuja#78053723
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by harri25(m): 8:05am On May 03, 2019
ddjay:
j
Congrats,you made a good choice
good choice my brother
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Jimgym(m): 11:15am On May 03, 2019
This is so valid. Let's not forget that Tecno opened the world to mus by giving us easier access to the internet. They started pinging before nokia and many other existing brands. If not for tecno, many people wouldnt be able to go online. I see tecno accepting this challenge to stun critics.
GumGum:
Infinix and Tecno make affordable phones which can enable many people browse and enjoy the thrills of the Internet.

They made Nigeria the Internet Capital of Africa.

GumGum says so!

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 11:26am On May 03, 2019
Jimgym:
This is so valid. Let's not forget that Tecno opened the world to mus by giving us easier access to the internet. They started pinging before nokia and many other existing brands. If not for tecno, many people wouldnt be able to go online. I see tecno accepting this challenge to stun critics.
Its because there is no regulation of substandard goods, or do you mean if tecno makes quality Android phones with matching specs it will be expensive? I hope not. Worldwide there is more demand for quality and good specs at an affordable price that's why Samsung has the A series, m and J while xiaomi and huawei are gradually taking over. The truth is that we now have competing alternatives that have similar specs and prices for Nigeria
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 11:48am On May 03, 2019
zamanii:

You are asking me if Samsung and Xiaomi phones are durable and replaceable. I suppose you've not used any of these devices, hence the question. Ask around and read up on forums like xda how people are still using their Samsung s4, note 3, j5 and the rest. This is because these devices were made to last for days! how many people can boast that they still have their infinix hot note till date? you must struggle to get a good number of them, this is not necessarily because they are not working, it's because these phones have become obsolete and cannot meet up with current realities.

In fact, latest features on new android versions were gotten from the likes of Samsung and Xiaomi e.g split screen and the rest. What feature can android get from infinix? Nada!. The same thing goes for Xiaomi. People still hold on to their old Xiaomi phones because they are still strong and usable. Their parts are also not difficult to replace. Carlcare that has service centers in Nigeria, we have read and heard stories of people who go there and end up regretting. It's either they come out worse than they went in or the carlcare officials are clueless as to how to solve their problem. So, what are we saying?

I have used their products and am not satisfied with them.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 11:51am On May 03, 2019
zamanii:

You still haven't answered the questions raised. You go through it, digest and then respond to each point raised. Your assertion about infinix hot note is not totally correct
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 1:58pm On May 03, 2019
asuustrike1:

I have used their products and am not satisfied with them.

Lol no need to come and tell an obvious lie to score cheap points. You come here to say you have used Samsung and Xiaomi, they didn't satisfy you but infinix and tecno does. Lmao, common bro

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 03, 2019
zamanii:

Lol no need to come and tell an obvious lie to score cheap points. You come here to say you have used Samsung and Xiaomi, they didn't satisfy you but infinix and tecno does. Lmao, common bro
Modified
I have used them hence don't assume every customer gets same satisfaction. Samsung isn't meeting my needs because of their poor battey
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 2:24pm On May 03, 2019
zamanii:

grin grin the guy no sabi lie abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Best HD Games For Android / Mtn Increases Mobile internet Data Alowance / Goodnews To All AIRTEL Line Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.