Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town (832 Views)

What Do I Do? She Insists We Must Have Sex In Our Relationship / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. / My Boyfriend Must Marry Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by ocmorale: 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2010
pls i NLanders' advice. I am in to a seroius relationship wt a girl who is not from my town and i want to marry her but mum would not give her blessings. pls advice me
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by JesusloveU: 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
Well it's always good sometimes to marry from your local govt or town,because of cultural problems from the wife place.
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by sassyril(f): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2010
daz wat i dnt get, y do ppl always envisage problems?
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by slap1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2010
In this modern word? Wonders! So must you LOVE from your town?
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by queeneve: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2010
There is NOTHING WE CAN DO about it, if your mother does not give her the blessing then you need to look deep in your heart and see if that WHAT YOU WANT,

I DONT KNOW THE CULTURAL IMPLICATION IN YOUR TOWN, YOU MAY GET SHUN FROM YOUR FAMILY IF YOUR MOTHER WONT BLESS HER,

SO ONCE AGAIN, HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HER IS THE QUESTION IF IT UNCONDITIONAL THEN I SUGGEST THAT YOU GET READY TO SAY GOODBYE TO THE FAMILY AND IF YOUR MOTHER LOVE YOU SHE WILL EVENTUALLY FORGIVE YOU,
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by obiksam(m): 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2010
Abeg Impregenant the one you love and tell your mum that she is carring your baby
and see what she will do, either she accept her by fate or by force what arrant nons'''''''''s
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by Gud1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2010
Words of ELDERS are WISDOM!
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2010
Gud1:

Words of ELDERS are WISDOM!

But sometimes even elders get it wrong.

@poster, good luck with that son!
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by hooklover: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
its indeed suprising that parents still force there children to marry from tribe instead of love , just the way they force there kids to study a particular course in school weather the childs calling is in that area, is really funny how some parents can be that mayopic in thinking.
marry out of love and that what will sustain ur family.
my cousin made that mistake some years back and followed her parents advice to marry form tribe and leav the guy she loved cos he was from anoth part of the country, the summary is that after 3yrs the union could not hold . 2day its a successful divorce case 3 children, 2day she blammes her father for leaving a misrable life , now no boy go marry her cos she is not tear rubber. Her father in return is regretting if he had know would have allowed his only daugher maarry out of love, guy follow ur mind not ur mums mind,,,,,a word is enough for the wise,
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by ds700(m): 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2010
My previous relationship was not fully supported by family and friends, but then i had an option to either quit nor continue, but my major problem was that the babe in question isn't worth the stress so I jilted the bullshit.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS THIS, DOES SHE WORTH THE MATERNAL DISOBEDIENCE?

Don't listen to wot some folks will tell you here, its ur life, na your go carry d joy wahala not some NL folks

Now am happily going out with a girl from my place n everybody is happy. (NB: I JILTED MY EX. NOT BCUS OF ORIGIN O O ) she too dey form oyibo. to much of pretense
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by obedobi: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2010
For sound advice see www.Melvis2020..com or www.Wizz2020..com thanks
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by Yorubah(m): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2010
I don't believe this still exists, anyway i wish u good luck and let your mom know that you have a right to choose as this is a life time contract you are talking about.
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by ocmorale: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2010
thanks to NLers, but I am finding it easy cos mum means soo much to me. she has suffered for me. I dnt need to tell the story here. I am confused. I pray God helps me.
Re: My Mum Insists That I Must Marry From My Town by harakiri(m): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2010
It all depends on what you want for yourself. Keep in mind that, it's not your mum that's getting married to her but YOU! You could marry someone to please your mum and live the rest of your life in total bondage and unhappiness. She might even become a problem to your mum and the annoying thing of all is that when this happens, it's your SAME mum will be the one telling you that you are a man and should have stood your ground in decision making. The ball is in your court. Play safe!

End of!

(1) (Reply)

Ex Making Contacts Again! / Would You Continue Dating Someone When You Know He/she Is Hiv Positive? / Which One Would A Gal Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.