Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? (18263 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 10:49pm On May 06, 2007
Ikomi:

Spoilt no bring me out for sun oooh. I did not call anyone pap or yoghurt, its just an analogy.

But what u all must understand in all this issue is that black women cannot keep blamming black men or white women for there (if i am permitted "misfortunes" grin). I have never seen anyone scale through by blaming others for there problems. I believe the black woman must be doing something not very right. First is the hair attachments. Most men love to see there women in there natural beauty but when u start looking artificial, for most responsible men its a turn off.

Ikomi if I were close enough to you I would smack your mouth not that I advocate violence but how dare you say thatt we are doing something wrong, this is way bigger than us wearing a wig, How about yall take some responsibility for abandoning your responsibilities to the blaclk family, culture and community.  It is not you who are left raising children and working two jobs to make ends meet.  No it is us, and when the white man wont employ you who is that has your back.  Lets try taking responsibility for what we do.  this is not to say we dont have a few bad seeds that spoil it for all black women but this was happening long before they ever came along.

Why do you think black women do what they dowith their hair because you say you want natural beauty but what you think is beauty is that cornsilk BS that white women have.

Abeg O! dont get me started.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 10:50pm On May 06, 2007
ikamefa:

nahhhhhhhhhh don't get me wrong ,i don't want long hair, i want to be able to manage my hair easily, i want hair i can shake-n- go in the mornings not spend five hour in front of the mirror trying to style my hair

spoilt:

@ ikomi and nferyn

you have got to be kidding me. don't you see that because of the attention white women get with all that hair we assume that maybe if you can get those luscious flowing locks you can be better accepted. so we spend a fortune on fake hair from korea. black men don't even love our nappy hair. with all the hair extensions we still don't make the cut. think about  when that gloriously nappy hair is brought to light like the jackdaw. then you are labeled afrocentric, bohemian or whatever else. just for having your real hair.?

when ive worn my natural hair nappy as the day i was born what have i gotten from black brothers? "can't you get your hair done?"
i reply  "kunta, my hair is done! this is its natural texture. as if they don't know nappy hair when they see it. angry

Ike6 and spoilt are u 2 trying to make a good case here or just get by. So in essence wat ur trying to tell me is dat the greatest man that gave u the texture of ur hair must also be a bit blind to beauty.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by cuteass1(f): 10:52pm On May 06, 2007
spoilt:

because thats all they can get. those homely white women are called RESERVED FOR AFRICANS (behind their backs) ! they can't catch their fellow white men but a black man will gratefully snag them up and lick her crusty feet. grin

these women don't have to be eductaed , well spoken or whatever as long as she's white, she'll do. at least when the black guy is pulled over by the cops during the usual offence of DRIVING WHILE BLACK and the cops peep in and see a white woman in there he'll be let off. so you see she does have her uses.

LMAO . . dearie tell them ooh wink Even on "Ricky Lake's" show some time back, someone asked a question:

Why is it that each time you see a black guy dating a white lady, its always a fat fat one, or a very not good looking one with kids, you never see a black guy with a white girl that is in the direction of "presentable" . . while the white guy on the other hand, won't settle for a black girl that is anything beyond super classy and drop dead gorgeous??
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 10:53pm On May 06, 2007
i love my hair. the whole world just judges me by it.
i once wore my real nappy hair to the office. you know what my white lady boss told me?

"cant you do something to it? its not suitable for work" i told her my natural hair is suitable for work!
she said. it just makes you look too ethnic!!!!!!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

incase you having noticed . im ethic bi%ch!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by cuteass1(f): 10:55pm On May 06, 2007
Ikomi:

Ike6 and spoilt are you to trying to make a good case here or just get by. So in essence what your trying to tell me is that the greatest man that gave u the texture of your hair must also be a bit blind to beauty.

Sorry to say this ooh, but your "greatest man" theory to me is a lil bit far fetched

This has nothing to do with the topic ooh, but just wondering, so the women that God created barren, shouldn't go for adoption, because God wasn't blind when he created them?? lol
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 10:58pm On May 06, 2007
AmerOmoge:

Ikomi if I were close enough to you I would smack your mouth not that I advocate violence but how dare you say thatt we are doing something wrong, this is way bigger than us wearing a wig, How about yall take some responsibility for abandoning your responsibilities to the blaclk family, culture and community.  It is not you who are left raising children and working two jobs to make ends meet.  No it is us, and when the white man wont employ you who is that has your back.  Lets try taking responsibility for what we do.  this is not to say we don't have a few bad seeds that spoil it for all black women but this was happening long before they ever came along.

Why do you think black women do what they dowith their hair because you say you want natural beauty but what you think is beauty is that cornsilk BS that white women have.

Abeg O! don't get me started.

If u give me a slap being the lady u are I will walk away and bless u. But that will not mean ur right.

The world out there is very tough for a black brotha, he faces so many troubles than an average white man. But some black brothas aint tough enough to go through all the stress. Now the pple I blame so much are the sistas that go having babies 4 loosers. U cant eat ur cake and have it. But there ar black brothas out there who look pressure in the face and get by it. Some of my black sistas would even say this types are boring.

I think we are economical with the truth here. We cant keep beating about the bush and hope we are making a point.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by nferyn(m): 11:02pm On May 06, 2007
spoilt:

@ ikomi and nferyn

you have got to be kidding me. don't you see that because of the attention white women get with all that hair we assume that maybe if you can get those luscious flowing locks you can be better accepted. so we spend a fortune on fake hair from korea.
If you fall for this, you must lack some self-confidence, don't you?

spoilt:
black men don't even love our nappy hair. with all the hair extensions we still don't make the cut. think about when that gloriously nappy hair is brought to light like the jackdaw. then you are labeled afrocentric, bohemian or whatever else. just for having your real hair.?
I think those men that have problems with your natural hair have got some serious issues and I wonder even if you should give them a second look (unless of course you want to play counsellor as well). Different hair types require different treatments. I'm digressing here, but a few days ago I almost went into an argument with someone from the after-school care center where the kids go. Told them to be very careful not to let Aicha play unattended in the sand, as it really hard to wash and come her hair and you don't want to do it twice a day. To no avail though. Those people just don't understand.

spoilt:

when ive worn my natural hair nappy as the day i was born what have i gotten from black brothers? "can't you get your hair done?"
i reply "kunta, my hair is done! this is its natural texture. as if they don't know nappy hair when they see it. angry
I wonder, is this kind of reaction typical for the US?
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 11:04pm On May 06, 2007
Ikomi:

Now the people I blame so much are the sistas that go having babies 4 loosers. U can't eat your cake and have it. .

no woman plans to get pregnant and raise the baby herself. you give the black guy his chance and he squanders it and leaves you high and dry. they arent perfect but we still give them a chance. we work 2 jobs, black women are hardworking yet unappreciated. we dont stay home shopping with your dough. we bring home the bacon. yet we still arent good enough? you can only do so much!  angry
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:04pm On May 06, 2007
spoilt:

i love my hair. the whole world just judges me by it.
i once wore my real nappy hair to the office. you know what my white lady boss told me?

"can't you do something to it? its not suitable for work" i told her my natural hair is suitable for work!
she said. it just makes you look too ethnic!!!!!!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

incase you having noticed . im ethic bi%ch!  

I think u should like letting ur boss know that is ur hair and that is wat u were born with, and not the horses tail. And if she has a problem with it, advise her that with time she would get used to it.

Rosa did it and today we all seat in front of the boss. Or are u going to wait for a black brotha to come stand 4 u as well.  Be realistic.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:10pm On May 06, 2007
spoilt:

no woman plans to get pregnant and raise the baby herself. you give the black guy his chance and he squanders it and leaves you high and dry. they arent perfect but we still give them a chance. we work 2 jobs, black women are hardworking yet unappreciated. we don't stay home shopping with your dough. we bring home the bacon. yet we still arent good enough? you can only do so much! angry

If u are my sista and u give birth for a looser, and I swim in millions and u think ad help u out for ur short sighted mistake, "telling me u gave him a chance" ad kick u and the baby out. To be received later when i think uv learned ur lesson. If the dude wants a woman let him go work hard first then have a woman, take care of her and his children and give them a good life.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 11:10pm On May 06, 2007
True this problem been growing for a long time o!  Colonization maybe but what we need is to take a stance against it.  How we gonna get better when so many of us hate the skin we in cause it is hard. Hell who ever promised you it was going to be easy.  Stop taking the easy way out.  That's what make black women so strong  we dont have a way out.  the world rejects us and our men do too because it too much hard work.

Stop believing that being accepted by white people that your life will be so much easier.  Make them respect you, by respecting yourself and culture.  Stop denying yourself "Tiger W.) who's a lost cause, I pray for his father.  That's another topic for another day.

We have to love who we are the way we are!!! Spoilt I love the way you think girl.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:16pm On May 06, 2007
AmerOmoge:

Spoilt I love the way you think girl.

I dont like the way spoilt thinks, lol spoilt just wants a black brotha in her crib. grin.

Spoilt I got loads, good ones as well. PM me when u think we should negotiate something.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 11:22pm On May 06, 2007
@ameromoge
i blame slavery for black men's self esteem issues. after what the white man did and still does to them it almost makes them feel good that they have progressed to the point where they can even date and marry white women.

can we chat on messenger sometime i think we'll get along!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 11:25pm On May 06, 2007
Ikomi:

I don't like the way spoilt thinks, lol spoilt just wants a black brotha in her crib. grin.

Spoilt I got loads, good ones as well. PM me when u think we should negotiate something.

im not looking. i snagged me one hot hunk .he's good to me too. cool
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 11:27pm On May 06, 2007
Spoilt I agree that what I meant by colonization, in the states it was slavery but after slavery colonization was still present for many African nations,

Yeah let get intouch, I dont know how the PM thing work if you do then get in touch that way if not I will post my yahoo IM.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:31pm On May 06, 2007
I think this topic has finally come to a conclusion looks like some pple are putting it down on colo mentality like FELA said. But it is not one sided, black sistas too are guilty.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 11:38pm On May 06, 2007
Ikomi abeg come closer I cant reach you from way over there. how are we to blame oh!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2007
click on my not online tag above my online tag and we can have a conference
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:41pm On May 06, 2007
am on with nerfyn already.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 11:49pm On May 06, 2007
@ameromoge
trying to add you on messenger, the thing no gree!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Coco29(f): 11:50pm On May 06, 2007
my personal opinion is that sistas who work hard to get where they are, would prefer to stay single than to shack up with a lazy, unambiguous, black man.  

There are some sistas who do not understand that our men need love and some one to help them fly.  There are quite a lot of good men out there who do not have certain opportunities to progress in life, some of us sistas,  want every thing right now, money house, car etc.  We are not prepared to work with our men.

i have nothing in commom with any other race, so i would not be getting married to no man unless he is Black.

there is always some thing negative in the news to put us down.

Mia Angelou poem still we rise answers this topic well.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:52pm On May 06, 2007
Come and hear the truth here u too Ameromoge and spoilt. nrfern is saying it all.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 11:54pm On May 06, 2007
which truth?where?
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 11:55pm On May 06, 2007
Spoilt hmmm, it should work try emailing me then

ikomi you did not respond so i left!!!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 11:56pm On May 06, 2007
@ameromoge
you arent signed on to messenger. sign on. im online.ive added you
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 11:58pm On May 06, 2007
spoilt, email me
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:59pm On May 06, 2007
Sorry Amerpmoge, is just that am sharing it intimately with nferyn now. It gone past wat to put on board we've taken it to a personal level. If u want to join click my not online tag above the online ad put u in the conference.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 12:02am On May 07, 2007
spoilt im signed in!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 12:22am On May 07, 2007
good nite all. We'll have more to say some other day.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 12:28am On May 07, 2007
until then okomi until then
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 12:32am On May 07, 2007
ikomi goodnight. we will continue this debate later. its not over yet. grin
i'll post an inflammatory post and get this thread going again. grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by neelsel(f): 12:48am On May 07, 2007
@Spoilt
You are too much o, Anyway am waiting for that inflammatory post, I cannot wait, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lost Girl Found Wandering Around Emir's Palace In Gombe State. Photo / Igbos Vs Yorubas: Similarities In Diversity / NO Nigerian Language Has A Literal Translation For “I Am Sorry”!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.