Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? (18261 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by RedLips3(f): 9:38pm On May 08, 2007
sharrap jare. I am still waiting for where I said otherwise, Ikomi
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

I am still waiting for where I said otherwise, Ikomi

Read ur old posts and u would find the answer. U wan hear from my mouth. hahahahahahaha.

Dat one na deadi body get accident yeppaaaaa.

No be my mouth. heyheyheyheeeeee grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 9:54pm On May 08, 2007
Ameromo i being think say una hold one position for the discussion oohhh.

Anyways, unfortunately the story heat up no doubt. But in an unexpected direction.

So wetin we they talk now na Racismmmm or Black brotha. Thank goodness am green.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don laugh die here.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by RedLips3(f): 10:08pm On May 08, 2007
So in other words, I never did.

Thanks for clearing that up. smiley
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2007
well I guess their question is if they are going to look for someone else who isnt a loser(one "o" Btw), why not look for another black woman who is "up there and will help them become stronger" instead of giving up on their race entirely.

Madam Red_Lips explain dat. It even has race in it.

And let me warn u watever u have to say dont insult me ooohhh.

Otherwise.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by GNature(m): 10:20pm On May 08, 2007
Ikomi:

Now Red _Lips for your Information I come from the beautiful good land of Darfur, In Sudan, where there is a good number of ethnic Igbos.

You are from Darfur in Sudan ? ROFLMAO  grin Dude you are not serious.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by neelsel(f): 10:41pm On May 08, 2007
@Gnature am good o( but I may have to desist from using Nigerian Lingo grin cheesy grin grin)

@topic,
Mr. Darfur, maybe we can hook up. Have been planning on spending some time there, smiley grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 10:41pm On May 08, 2007
This is my take on the whole thing, Dispite you not giving me respect I will show you that Red-Lips,  I only ask that if you going to tell people what I say say it right,

At no point did I ever say, recommend or suggest Black women lie on your back and let black men walk all over you, Not ever, At no point did I suggest nor recommend they waste their time on losers and low life.  My words is that as Black women we always have your back, There are loads of educated black men who can't find work and his woman holds him down, as many of them same men once they find their ground leave them for white women or others,  The women that may take them back with open arms does not have to be that woman, But didn't think I had to break it down that far.  That woman could be another black woman, his sister, his mother who allows him to come back in their home tell he gets his footing, and at times it may be that same back women and most often she take him back for her children sake, She may be a fool but she knows without a father in the home her daughter is more likely to be pregnant before the age of 20.  As far as losers and the sort white women can have each and everyone of them, matter of fact the black community may consider paying them a lump sum per loser.  

Most Everything I posted was regarding the impact this has on the community culture.  I hope you know that your are free to say as you wish, I say it to show respect, but am not afford the same.  No need to take anything personal but I ask you not to infer or imply that at any point I suggest Black woman put the esteem below that of their man.  Please don't ever misquote me like that.

Just incase yall need a refresher on what I been talking about here you go:

1.  Let me make it simple. . .

It is about black men. . .both African and African -American men marrying non black women. . .leaving black women in a marriage squeeze where they are not getting married for the three reasons identified in the article. . .

My question is. . .is this really a problem for Naija women. . . or just Naija and other Black women abroad i.e. in the States and the UK?

Which leaves me wondering what the fascination is with being with women of other races. . .

@whitelexi please. . .it is not equal rights that did it. . .before we point the finger we must first look at self. . .ask yourself how long would you put up with the typical treatment that men give women before you decide enough is enough and assert yourself, need and desires. . .

Men are not the only humans that have wants and needs and just like when you are not satisfied with something you respond to it either by making a change or letting it be. . . compromise or whatever. . .

Respect is earn not given. . .and even if respect is given once lost it needs to be earned. . .

2.  this not to say that we are better than any other woman but that we are your other half. . . your neck if you will. . .when the world degrades you and call you names as your neck I help you hold your head high and give you the strength it takes to face this cruel discriminatory world another day . . .

I nag you because I care, because I want the best from you. . .because this is what I pledge to give you. . . I wont allow you to slip because the world wont and I will only be doing you a disservice if I don't tell you the truth regardless to how much it hurts. . .

3.  I just wish they could see eternal hope and strength within us,
4.  This is exactly why started this thread. . .because I think black men need to re-evaluate the potential damage they are doing to "the black family" etc. . .

5.  Well if i want one. . .any piece of one. . . that I can have. . .but I am searching. . .seeking to build an empire with one and that requires more than settling for a piece of a man for the sake of saying I have one. . .oops i think that's for a different thread o!

6.  Spoilt it has to start with black people learn or relearning to love there blackness it is must O!!!
7. How about yall take some responsibility for abandoning your responsibilities to the blaclk family, culture and community. It is not you who are left raising children and working two jobs to make ends meet. No it is us, and when the white man wont employ you who is that has your back. Lets try taking responsibility for what we do.

8.  True this problem been growing for a long time o! Colonization maybe but what we need is to take a stance against it. How we going to get better when so many of us hate the skin we in cause it is hard. Hell who ever promised you it was going to be easy. Stop taking the easy way out. That's what make black women so strong we don't have a way out. the world rejects us and our men do too because it too much hard work.

9. Stop believing that being accepted by white people that your life will be so much easier. Make them respect you, by respecting yourself and culture. Stop denying yourself "Tiger W.) who's a lost cause, I pray for his father. That's another topic for another day.

Ikomi no need to bate me into a battle with Red-Lips, I have my opinion she has her, I am not afraid or chicken to speak my mind, nor to disagree, but misquoting me and suggesting I am lonely when she don't know me from Ann, is a place I choose not to go any further with her or anyone else on nairaland. As I have said a thousand times we are all entitled to our opinions I am not asking NOT A ONE OF YOU to adopt mine.  I am confident enough in my viewpoint to STAND ALONE if I have to.  

When I refer to the black community I refer to the ENTIRE BLACK/AFRICAN diaspora, From Africa to the Islands to the Americas.

Like my signature say I am who YOU think I am but who I be will ALWAYS be ME.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by RedLips3(f): 10:48pm On May 08, 2007
Re: Ameromoge
did I say that they should lie down for anyone?  I said that is what should be discussed. I said instead of them looking at themselves and how they do their thing and the kind crap they accept from their "brothers", they are too busy whining about who he's dating.

Are you Nigerian? If so, which part?
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by RedLips3(f): 10:50pm On May 08, 2007
I said that is how most of these woman who have a problem with this situation are thinking, Ikomi. Hence the part of "THEIR QUESTION". Excuse you for not understanding English. Maybe I'll ask Osisi to translate it to Igbo for you.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2007
grin wink cheesy kiss Who has the last laugh.

Whether I understand english oohh or I dont understand english. We read it all.

No be only me read am. Red _Lips u wan ruuuuuunnnnn.

lol

Una go kill me here wit laughter.

Red_Lips and Ameromoge.

Keep the heat on.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by ikamefa(f): 10:58pm On May 08, 2007
na so so yinglish persin dey read for this thread!

if your own don better no come put sand sand for people garri in here oh!

Racism my big beautiful ass tongue grin grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 10:58pm On May 08, 2007
You were in support of the question Red _Lips stop trying to bail out.

And enough of ur insult ohhh.

I go show u ohhhhhhhhhhh. ok

angry
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:00pm On May 08, 2007
Ike6 which angle u dey come from? grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 11:01pm On May 08, 2007
Ikomi:

grin wink cheesy kiss Who has the last laugh.

Whether I understand english oohh or I don't understand english. We read it all.

No be only me read am. Red _Lips u wan ruuuuuunnnnn.

lol

Una go kill me here wit laughter.

Red_Lips and Ameromoge.

Keep the heat on.

As I said I will not be bated, I will let my words speak for themselves. grin grin grin
Those who agree speak up and those who don't do the same. If everyone thought like me then we would not have a debate here, and this topic would not be getting all this attention, So in my opinion my job is done grin grin grin #4 cool
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by bluesky4(f): 11:01pm On May 08, 2007
@ ikomi
was it not u who made fun of me for not understanding igbo angry
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by ikamefa(f): 11:02pm On May 08, 2007
asko oh  cheesy

Ikomi:

Ike6 which angle u dey come from? grin

you dont need to know   grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by RedLips3(f): 11:03pm On May 08, 2007
Apparently English is optional in his village school. Poor kid doesnt know the difference between support and asking a question. cry
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:04pm On May 08, 2007
blue-sky:

@ ikomi
was it not u who made fun of me for not understanding igbo angry

So wetin u wan talk. Make una no make me loose temper here oohh.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by GNature(m): 11:04pm On May 08, 2007
neelsel:

@Gnature am good o( but I may have to desist from using Nigerian Lingo grin cheesy grin grin)

@neesel

Haba, why stop using the lingo ? You use am well well You used it very well  grin

Get used to using the lingo so you'll be well prepared to communicate with your future Nigerian in-laws  cheesy
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by bluesky4(f): 11:04pm On May 08, 2007
@ topic
wat is wrong with black men dating non black women?
why are most black women more in favour of keeping to the race?
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by RedLips3(f): 11:07pm On May 08, 2007
Because what else will they have to whine about?
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by bluesky4(f): 11:07pm On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

Apparently English is optional in his village school. Poor kid doesnt know the difference between support and asking a question. cry

i understand wat ur saying, but when i dont understand igbo, he goes and insults me in igbo.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by bluesky4(f): 11:09pm On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

sometimes i wonder if the black men are running away from the black women who love to moan about everything grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Neish(f): 11:09pm On May 08, 2007
maybe blackmen feel black women are not bringing it like they used to
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:11pm On May 08, 2007
blue-sky:

i understand what your saying, but when i don't understand igbo, he goes and insults me in igbo.

Red_Lips:

Na me una wan face, the only luck wey una get be say I no fit insult person.

But Red_Lips if u get strength ohhh Ameromo dey wait u.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by bluesky4(f): 11:16pm On May 08, 2007
Ikomi:

Na me una wan face, the only luck wey una get be say I no fit insult person.

i am not trying to cause an argument with. You probably cannot remember wat u sed to me, so i will forget about it. grin
friends embarassed
so u are from Sudan? or r u Nigerian? undecided
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by ikamefa(f): 11:16pm On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

are you white? if you are i need my oclometer quickly
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by GNature(m): 11:18pm On May 08, 2007
blue-sky:

so u are from Sudan? or r u Nigerian? undecided

ROFLMAO  grin grin

gotta love this thread. God bless Nairaland  grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Ikomi(m): 11:18pm On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips u were all for black brotha wit black sistas dont try to play smart. As 4 Ika 6 I feel u. Ameromo, dont let Red_Lips get away wit it. Finally Blue_Sky If I see u writing in Igbo  angry again. Let me just leave it there.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by bluesky4(f): 11:22pm On May 08, 2007
GNature:

ROFLMAO grin grin

gotta love this thread. God bless Nairaland grin

did he not say he was from Dafur in sudan wink

@ikomi
when did i write in igbo
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 11:22pm On May 08, 2007
blue-sky:

@ topic
what is wrong with black men dating non black women?
why are most black women more in favour of keeping to the race?

Its about self preservation, self-love vs. self hate, culture and community?  As long as that can be maintained then most of my concerns are voided.  That's one of the reasons I jokingly said it's okay for a black woman to have white mans baby because you are what your mother is!!!

But there is plenty else to whine about as Redlips put it, Money, Education, Alcoholism, Infidelity, shall I whine go on?

I am done here, the topic has been given its due attention, not need for me to go further

Ikomi you are horrible, Na fight? no be me and you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lost Girl Found Wandering Around Emir's Palace In Gombe State. Photo / Igbos Vs Yorubas: Similarities In Diversity / NO Nigerian Language Has A Literal Translation For “I Am Sorry”!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.