Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) - Car Talk (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) (51576 Views)

List Of Cyber Bullies On Cartalk Section Of Nairaland / 2019 Prophesies On Cartalk Gazzuzz. / Memorable Posts Of 2017 Cartalk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

Nah, I should have seen this before going head to head with a face lifted 7th gen Hilux. Just getting into Calabar now (skipped town for an inauguration in Ugep with my old man), pretty sure that Hilux driver has taken a shower and had lunch by now.

Any momentary gains I made on open roads with a w221 S550 4matic between Ugep and Calabar, my nigga made up for it with the bad sections of the road. Infact he held his own pretty comfortably on open roads at 140-160km easily, could have taken pictures but old boy will not have that grin grin

The excuse could be made that my driving skills are shite, but what in God's name does Toyota put in their puny looking engines? I remember 2 toks 09/10 Corollas trailing I and kingreign last year from Lokoja to Uyo (he drove and I can testify he's driving skills are up there).

Yet we were neck and neck with those bad babies inside an E Class until one eventually had a flat tire. grin grin

Toyotas are very very quick
But they're not fast on the long run
Mercedes sedans are built for luxury and they have sluggish transmissions with rev limiter
Except for the Amg variants
They're also heavy
Toyotas are very light
They're not built for speed that's why a Corolla 2003-2007 has 180 on the speedo
But they're very quick cos of weight and wonderful engines.
On a long stretch, your 320 will leave Camry and Corolla far behind that's speed (fast)
On bad roads and places where you have to slow down
Toyota go leave you for back
That's agility and quickness
I hope you get my point
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Eddee(m): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
mammanbawa:

Toyotas are very very quick
But they're not fast on the long run
Mercedes sedans are built for luxury and they have sluggish transmissions with rev limiter
Except for the Amg variants
They're also heavy
Toyotas are very light
They're not built for speed that's why a Corolla 2003-2007 has 180 on the speedo
But they're very quick cos of weight and wonderful engines.
On a long stretch, your 320 will leave Camry and Corolla far behind that's speed (fast)
On bad roads and places where you have to slow down
Toyota go leave you for back
That's agility and quickness
I hope you get my point

This I know very well. On clear roads (how many dey dis our side sef), there's little that can trouble any mechanical sound Merc except another Bimmer. But once you slow down in front of a pothole to save a few bucks (low profile tyres, undercarriage issues and suspension problems), you'll be playing catch up with that Corolla/Rio you left way back.

2 Likes

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by kingreign(m): 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

Mehn, na just respect most Toyota owners dey show luxury cars for highways, if not team rebuild and or replace for the get plenty work every single day after dem carry their AWD pursue low cost FWD
grin

Baba. How you dey?
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Eddee(m): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
kingreign:
grin

Baba. How you dey?

Senior man, I dey your side. How every?
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by kingreign(m): 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

Senior man, I dey your side. How every?

Fine boss

1 Like

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

This I know very well. On clear roads (how many dey dis our side sef), there's little that can trouble any mechanical sound Merc except another Bimmer. But once you slow down in front of a pothole to save a few bucks (low profile tyres, undercarriage issues and suspension problems), you'll be playing catch up with that Corolla/Rio you left way back.

Funnily enough
Sonata and Optima are quicker and faster than Camry grin
My sorento go injure highlander
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
kingreign:

Having driven and travelled in a 2011 E350 4matic and being trashed by a 2011 sonata 2.0t, I'd say, The E350 doesn't accelerate faster than a Camry xv40 v6 0-100km/h. It may however have a faster topend speed.

The Camry XV40V6 is no slouch and does 0-100km/h in the early 6secs, while the E350 W212 does same in late 6secs.

I beat a Camry v6 with my sorento
And I'm sure I can hold up with a 300
Or 350 with m272 though I know I stand no chance with m276 350
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
all of you beating and holding off, I hope you are insured

2 Likes

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
kingreign:

The Camry XV40 V6 is faster than an E350 which is also faster than a C300.
Faster or quicker sir?
There's a difference
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
mammanbawa:

Better be the SX. And even at that, I feel the Toyota guy just left you make you carry your wahala go grin
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
rationalmind:

Better be the SX. And even at that, I feel the Toyota guy just left you make you carry your wahala go grin

Like say u understand grin

1 Like

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Eddee(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
mammanbawa:

Funnily enough
Sonata and Optima are quicker and faster than Camry grin
My sorento go injure highlander

Your voice dey very loud, reduce the volume grin
Gazzuzz go dey empty Corolla and Sunny speedo like no man business, maybe one of these days him go like try the Lexus 260km challenge, if him hold am stand

Runs out of thread

1 Like

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Like say u understand grin

We see it all the time grin

I was about overtaking one 1.6L Opel only for the guy to increase his speed. I decided to show him who the boss was cool then I noticed the guy was very reckless so I left him.

He's somewhere now sipping a drink and telling his friends how he beat a v6 Acura cheesy
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by kingreign(m): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
mammanbawa:

A sick Camry XV40 V6 abi?
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

Gazzuzz go dey empty Corolla and Sunny speedo like no man business, maybe one of these days him go like try the Lexus 260km challenge, if him hold am stand

Runs out of thread

I know when to respect my sef

1 Like

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
rationalmind:

I was about overtaking one 1.6L Opel only for the guy to increase his speed. I decided to show him who the boss was cool then I noticed the guy was very reckless so I left him.

He's somewhere now sipping a drink and telling his friends how he beat a v6 Acura cheesy

Northern transport
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by kingreign(m): 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
mammanbawa:

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by kingreign(m): 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
rationalmind:

You get mind.
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by kingreign(m): 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

Runs out of thread

Lol

1 Like

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
kingreign:

You get mind.

Why na cheesy
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

This I know very well. On clear roads (how many dey dis our side sef), there's little that can trouble any mechanical sound Merc except another Bimmer.

Lol, C300 and GLK350 wey I don chop for road too much to count.
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Eddee(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, C300 and GLK350 wey I don chop for road too much to count.

Na person wer wan dey buy engine like my man Logobenz go see over 300 unleashed horses for road still decide race am with any 6 cylinder wer Mercedes build. Even with our V8 S550 - I'm not sure I fancy my head to head chances, unless the infiniti's driver is a rookie. (before the behemoth M273 wakes after a furious kickdown to push that heavy chassis, the sleeker G35 go don dey create gap.

Never really taken the M35 on a journey (too low to the ground, worse than my Merc in this regard), but my neighbour swears people are always afraid to disrespect the sleeper whenever he's on a roll (who won't fear 4 exhausts) grin
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
all this noise.. give me a 2005 corolla any day. Power to weight ratio you will all relax
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by hakimi1974(m): 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
rationalmind:

Opel vectra abi? That car carry steriod for engine ooo.

1 Like

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
rationalmind:

EX v6
276hp
If he did that
His loss
I won and I was happy about it
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

Runs out of thread
I've done much more than 180 with this kia
Gazzuzz sef know what this engine is capable of
276hp no be beans coupled with AWD
Optima has a 2.0 turbocharged i4 with same 276hp and e dey wire Camry up and down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
kingreign:

Sick?
I doubt
Cos it was almost a tie
One of these days
I'll get someone with a Camry to run again
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by mammanbawa: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eddee:

Na person wer wan dey buy engine like my man Logobenz go see over 300 unleashed horses for road still decide race am with any 6 cylinder wer Mercedes build. Even with our V8 S550 - I'm not sure I fancy my head to head chances, unless the infiniti's driver is a rookie. (before the behemoth M273 wakes after a furious kickdown to push that heavy chassis, the sleeker G35 go don dey create gap.

Never really taken the M35 on a journey (too low to the ground, worse than my Merc in this regard), but my neighbour swears people are always afraid to disrespect the sleeper whenever he's on a roll (who won't fear 4 exhausts) grin

I'll never race a v6 sedan against Infiniti
That thing na rocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
hakimi1974:
Opel vectra abi? That car carry steriod for engine ooo.

I think so, not very sure though. It was the 1.6L thing that just caught my attention.

No matter what is under that vehicle, steroid or asteriod cheesy it's never going to see my brake light if I went ahead with the race cheesy
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by diportivo: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
oh boy

this thread just started living up to its topic o

2 Likes

Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
all this noise.. give me a 2005 corolla any day. Power to weight ratio you will all relax

Your 05 corolla has a .5 to 10lbs power to weight ratio, nothing impressive tongue

And like someone mentioned elsewhere, when we reach 180, na there e end grin
Re: Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
rationalmind:

Your 05 corolla has a .5 to 10lbs power to weight ratio, nothing impressive tongue

And like someone mentioned elsewhere, when we reach 180, na there e end grin

on Nigerian roads that's where we usually stop

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (46) (Reply)

Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched / Buying My First Car / ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.