Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. (29727 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Girlfriend Arrive In Barcelona For Nike Meeting (Photos) / Planes Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House In Barcelona / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by goldman777: 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ronaldo is a legend Messi is a legend Ronaldo has won more champions league cups mess I has won more medals than Ronaldo,olympic gold,u20 world cup gold,fifa world cup silver,copa America silver,champions league gold,most trophies in a single season with Barcelona 6 trophies and many more.moment of truth messi is a bigger legend that Ronaldo,truth Ronaldo is messi,s nearest contender
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by cr7lomo: 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2019
Adakintroy:

My friend go and sit down you just an Ronaldo ass licker. Those players you mentioned like kaka, rivaldo Shevchenko and ronaldinho all went towards the twilight of their careeres. BeCham dI'd decent and veron played for an average club like parma he probably was not good enough for the big time.

Because Ronaldo is a mercinay with no heart for loyalty. You judge it as a criteria for greatness..mind you that is the major reason he will never be great. Lack of respect and loyalty.

Giggs, scholls, xavi, del. Piero. Steven gerald, totti. Guardiola, Maldini, lampard, Terry, hiero, Stefan affenberg, Phil lam, . They all played for one house. It's part of their greatness as a matter of speaking, loyalty.

Ronaldo is ignorant of that. He plays for himself.

Someone made a point about his celebrations. He hardly acknowledge or run to his teamates. Rather he runs to the corner flag, turn his back to the fans in his TraDE mark celebration and expect his team mates to run to him. So full of himself.

When it's all said and done, we are not only judge by talents but our natural human qualities. Messy with all his greatness is just a simple humble human being and that my friend is were the arguments stops.

U mentioned players that u can justify their loyalty , just like Pele...they played for the clubs of their birth... their home teams... Those players u mentioned were not external players...they all played for clubs situated in their country of birth...messi should hv nationalised...y dint he stick with Newell's old boys ?? After all they were taking care of his medical bills b4 Barca came calling
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by cr7lomo: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
gibzzhd:
When Messi made his debut in 2004:
Barcelona: 61 trophies
Real Madrid: 72 trophies

15 years later

Barcelona: 95 trophies
Real Madrid: 92 trophies

*The difference one can make* ����

So ronaldinho and eto dint contribute...so Xavi and iniesta were smoking while it was only messi...so Daniel valves and puyol were leaking defensively...stop embarrassing urself... Hold many goals did messi score or assist from 04-09??
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by benji93: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
Man, bros which school you go, you go school at all self. Loyalty to Barcelona not spain. What has spain got to to with this. And the man is his own man, so the resolution of deiding the extent of loyalty is entirely his choice. Who are you to decide how much loyalty is necessary. You obviously are a Cr7 fan, and you can suck his dick for all i care.
cr7lomo:

If he was so loyal as u claim...y dint he play for Spain, since it was Spain that treated him...stop deceiving urself...messi is a false prophet...

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by lastempero: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:
How can u call someone that is in one league and has refused to leave the greatest...u think it's easy to shine in another league...when Rivaldo left Barca, he joined Milan, and that was when Milan was Milan but he flopped ... when kaka left Milan , he joined Madrid and he flopped , when figo left the Spanish league and joined the Italian league, he flopped...when Beckham left man u and joined Madrid he dint live up to expectation... When ronaldinho left Barca for Milan , he flopped.... Bale is turning to a disaster in Spain unlike in England...di Maria was a waste in England... Sebastian veron was a disaster when he left Italy for England, so as shevchenko... So u can't guarantee that messi will excel in another league , messi can't excel in the national team ... Messi in the WC has only scored teams like Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria( half of his WC goals) ....but Ronaldo has excelled in 3diff league and has turned top scorer for these teams for over a decade

Messi is not competing with anyone rather it's the fans that makes it look like he is in competition with anyone,he love the game he is playing in Barca and that is what matters to him and I think loyalty to the fans and the team also contributed to his stay there.
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by IamSoProlific: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

Those teams u mentioned can't afford Ronaldo... besides, did anyone suggest that messi should join a second hand club...let him join a first class club like man city and let's c if he will perform

I'm quite certain King Leo would have changed club if the decision were to be solely his, but Barca as a management wouldn't let him cus they know he's an asset so they can't afford to make such gross and avoidable mistake, unlike Ronaldo that Madrid didn't even think it twice to trash him off Madrid. If he was truly that asset as u are implying Madrid wouldn't have let him go. Do u know how many times Sergio attempted leaving not to talk of marcelos, but Madrid wouldn't bulge cus they know their worth. Madrid did have a shaking after his exit simply because of Zinedine's absence and the management's inhouse rift.

Ronaldo is really greedy,selfish,inconsiderate and a bad blood, imagine his monetary request from Madrid. If every other A-list player should come up with such requests, damn! Madrid would have faced oblivion.
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by cr7lomo: 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
Larryslim:

We have heard enough of this, and it's boring!
who cares wether Ronaldo scored against WC champions, or African champions.
Do anybody look like they give a fvck?
Wether messi plays in one club, or he plays in thirty clubs, nothing will change the fact that he's been crowned as the greatest man to ever kick the ball.
The only thing you'll do is wail, cry and cry about messi playing only in Barcelona, and one day you'll shut up.
P.S: I'm a Manunited fan.

U are a delusional joke... even his home country Argentina will slap u with this statement...
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by benji93: 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
shut the Bleep up. how much does newell have, who told you they were taking care of his bills, so a boy cannot choose to be wealthy again. Newell Boys do not even contend in the Argentinian top flight Instead of being overly obsessed with ronaldo, i urge you to channel the same to advancing your life. Everything in moderation ma guy.
cr7lomo:

U mentioned players that u can justify their loyalty , just like Pele...they played for the clubs of their birth... their home teams... Those players u mentioned were not external players...they all played for clubs situated in their country of birth...messi should hv nationalised...y dint he stick with Newell's old boys ?? After all they were taking care of his medical bills b4 Barca came calling
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by roland2rule(m): 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
Yet, you said MESSI is under performing in Argentina and HE IS THEIR ALL TIME GOAL SCORER.... Loyalty is one thing in football and it gives you high regard. Those elites comparing Messi to Pele and Maradona knew what they saw before comparing him.

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Robert129(m): 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
hisexcellency34:
He has tried in Barca. Let him come to Arsenal if he knows he is good as his fans claim
Tell Ronaldo to go to arsenal, let's see if he'll win spoon

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by cr7lomo: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
roland2rule:
Yet, you said MESSI is under performing in Argentina and HE IS THEIR ALL TIME GOAL SCORER.... Loyalty is one thing in football and it gives you high regard. Those elites comparing Messi to Pele and Maradona knew what they saw before comparing him.

Stop disgracing urself...c the average goal per game..
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by DonMcek: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:
How can u call someone that is in one league and has refused to leave the greatest...u think it's easy to shine in another league...when Rivaldo left Barca, he joined Milan, and that was when Milan was Milan but he flopped ... when kaka left Milan , he joined Madrid and he flopped , when figo left the Spanish league and joined the Italian league, he flopped...when Beckham left man u and joined Madrid he dint live up to expectation... When ronaldinho left Barca for Milan , he flopped.... Bale is turning to a disaster in Spain unlike in England...di Maria was a waste in England... Sebastian veron was a disaster when he left Italy for England, so as shevchenko... So u can't guarantee that messi will excel in another league , messi can't excel in the national team ... Messi in the WC has only scored teams like Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria( half of his WC goals) ....but Ronaldo has excelled in 3diff league and has turned top scorer for these teams for over a decade

The thread never zaid u shld compared, no wonder@Messi is d S I Unit of a good footballer.

All hail d GOAT
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

use this same logic to compare Ronaldo to Messi in club side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by iamfromlagos(f): 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:
Keep up the hating!
These guys don't even know you exist.
Better strive for your own greatness and quit the comparison.
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Sirwallace(m): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
Adakintroy:

My friend go and sit down you just an Ronaldo ass licker. Those players you mentioned like kaka, rivaldo Shevchenko and ronaldinho all went towards the twilight of their careeres. BeCham dI'd decent and veron played for an average club like parma he probably was not good enough for the big time.

Because Ronaldo is a mercinay with no heart for loyalty. You judge it as a criteria for greatness..mind you that is the major reason he will never be great. Lack of respect and loyalty.

Giggs, scholls, xavi, del. Piero. Steven gerald, totti. Guardiola, Maldini, lampard, Terry, hiero, Stefan affenberg, Phil lam, . They all played for one house. It's part of their greatness as a matter of speaking, loyalty.

Ronaldo is ignorant of that. He plays for himself.

Someone made a point about his celebrations. He hardly acknowledge or run to his teamates. Rather he runs to the corner flag, turn his back to the fans in his TraDE mark celebration and expect his team mates to run to him. So full of himself.

When it's all said and done, we are not only judge by talents but our natural human qualities. Messy with all his greatness is just a simple humble human being and that my friend is were the arguments stops.

Great point my man.
Normally, I seldomly argue football and politics. Used to do it but not anymore. But this your submission resonates with mine.
You said it all. Nothing to hide.
Welldone

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by HBB1(m): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

Y is it that u guys find it difficult to understand English...did i outrightly mention that messi will not perform...don't u understand the meaning of guaranteed performance?? I said that messi performing in another league can't b guaranteed...and I used those players as yard stick...3of those I mentioned were former world players and all left at their prime... Shevchenko was for European player as well...these men cudnt perform in another league

Messi should leave Barca and go where? Why?
But Ronaldo wanted to retire in Madrid too no?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Teeklef(m): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

use this same logic to compare Ronaldo to Messi in club side
Laff!!!! You Jez dey corner corner that guy...... Wagbayii jor. Let them keep wailing, messi will forever be compared to legend like Maradona and Pele while CR7 will be compared to king Lionel Andre messi.
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Teeklef(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
HBB1:

Messi should leave Barca and go where? Why?
I wonder o, someone suggest man city the other time. Is that promotion or demotion? Ronaldo keep leaving for better teams not like he left Madrid for Genoa or Parma. So why on earth will you suggest messi to leave and go to man city...... That is what I call Witchcraft..... Lol.
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by bentwood85(m): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

So ur definition of greatest is scoring goals keepers and dribbling defenders...u c how shallow ur mind is... I can't engage in an argument with ur type...u are not intellectually sound

so your own definition of a greatest footballer is by moving from one top club to another?....let Ronaldo play for a team like Huddersfield, girona... etc then we can see his potentials.....
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Xkalaban(m): 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2019
MJBOLT:
the guy above me is incredibly stupid,so ronaldo is now the top scorer for juve and man u

Lol grin

Penaldo's bingos are addicted to yarning dust so long it concerns Messi. There's no surprise here.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Gidison: 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

Well, I'm not surprised at the way u reason ... So remove Ronaldo out of Madrid all these yrs and tell me how many straight league titles Barca wud hv won... Now, if he was that great, y did it take him 4 yrs to score in the quarters if the CL or play in the semis ... Y hasn't he won world best in 4yrs... So he is busy winning league titles alone and that makes him the greatest.... What is the difference btw Barca, juve, PSG,and Bayern Munich...it's only in the EPL that winning the league title is a difficult task... So assists against Greece , Nigeria, south Korea makes him the best...it's u Barca fans that started this assist nonsense ....ok...y doesn't he have the highest assist in the CL?? Do u hear Ronaldo fans talk about assist even as he has the highest assist in the CL....so messi scored a hat trick against Brazil, what did that achieve him in the end...y do u reason like a child?? Ronaldo scored a hat trick in the WC against a former champion and no one is talking about it... Has messi ever scored a former WC champion in the WC?? He still can't win a major cup with another team, even copa America that they play every two yrs, he can't win... Destroyed by Venezuela and he ran away again... Maradona won titles with Argentina WC and copa, won titles with Boca juniors, won with Barca and Napoli...that's who u call a great player

If Ronaldo was truly worth that GREATNESS and indispensable for any team , he wouldnt be sold like any other player when he demanded that increment....BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS Messi is the G O A T and no team would wanna do away with him presently cos he is stil the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!

Messi --No1 Top scorer in Europe 2019
Messi-- No 1 Top scorer Champions League 2019

i would be crazy to sell him or allow this GOAT to another team--i dey mad?
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Frankaka8(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:
ur brain is full of relaxer.... tell your gf! Wife to test all the guys in your area to prove she is a GOAT

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Adakintroy: 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

You deliberately missing the point my friend. Loyalty to one house is a text of your natural human quality. It's why the like of ole soljear can get an high profile job like the man u job without much of a high profile cv.

They know he is one of their own. It's why giggs gets tested. It's why guadiola gets the job. It's why gatuso is coaching milan. it's why Conte got it with juventus.loyalty! It's why van persI cannot be trusted. One not so good season and he is shown the door.

Gerald once had the option to switch from Liverpool to Chelsea at their prime. He made the decision to stay over nite. It was one of the most respectable decision in footballing history..loyalty and respect over money.

You Can bet if Gerald do decent at rangers he is a future Liverpool manager. Loyalty counts.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Teeklef(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2019
Frankaka8:
ur brain is full of relaxer.... tell your gf! Wife to test all the guys in your area to prove she is a GOAT
GBAM
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Teeklef(m): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Adakintroy:

You deliberately missing the point my friend. Loyalty to one house is a text of your natural human quality. It's why the like of ole soljear can get an high profile job like the man u job without much of a high profile cv.

They know he is one of their own. It's why giggs gets tested. It's why guadiola gets the job. It's why gatuso is coaching milan. it's why Conte got it with juventus.loyalty! It's why van persI cannot be trusted. One not so good season and he is shown the door.

Gerald once had the option to switch from Liverpool to Chelsea at their prime. He made the decision to stay over nite. It was one of the most respectable decision in footballing history..loyalty and respect over money.

You Can bet if Gerald do decent at rangers he is a future Liverpool manager. Loyalty counts.
My spirit pray for you..... GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by CoolAmbience(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

Pls stop calling those childish tournaments...no one mentioned great players along side those children tournaments.... maradona also won under 20 junior WC ...no one talks about it... Figo also won under 20 junior WC no one cared about it but when ronaldo won the European cup with Portugal, the named it the first international cup Portugal has ever won... England won the last junior WC but they still stuck to their 66WC as the only trophy that they have ever one...u guys should stop shifting goal posts

Anyway, someone like you never kicked the ball once.

To call Copa America 'childish tournament' exemplifies your ignorance about football. By this evaluation of yours, aren't you also saying that the European Cup Ronaldo won is a 'childish trophy'?

My guy, you nor sabi talk sha. Is the European competition and Copa America not at par in terms of status?

There is no way everyone will agree to the same thing. Regardless, fact remains fact.

Messi is a full stretch better than Ronaldo.

Is Fifa U20 WC a continent-based competition? Which global-based competition has Ronaldo ever won, at either junior or senior level?
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by thunderbabs: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

Bad belle pikin spotted sad
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Damco007(m): 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
You just nailed it bro. Its needless anyone contesting the facts you beautifully presented. Ronaldo remains the best for proving himself in 3 different leagues unlike his rival Messi.

cr7lomo:

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

6league titles, 5 champion league titles and top scorer on each occasion, 4fifa world club cup top scorer on each occasion. 1 European cup
but I still think Messi's achievement is superior
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by roland2rule(m): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
cr7lomo:

OLOSHI, but you won't SEE the below average rating between Messi and Ronaldo

Presently (28/04/19)
Messi club goals=598 in 682 appearances (0.877 goals per match)
Ronaldo club goals=600 in in 801 appearances (0.749 goals per match)

119 matches difference....
Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by kleverley(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
who else noticed that this thread was silent until the name Ronaldo came in?? they're all trying to tell us something about the Portuguese talisman

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. by cr7lomo: 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
roland2rule:

OLOSHI, but you won't SEE the below average rating between Messi and Ronaldo

Presently (28/04/19)
Messi club goals=598 in 682 appearances (0.877 goals per match)
Ronaldo club goals=600 in in 801 appearances (0.749 goals per match)

119 matches difference....

Did u c what u posted?? Messi fans are sick

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku / This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 / Pictures Man Utd Fans Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.