Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Worshipping The Gods Of Your Ancestors Is Not A Sin But A Blessing. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Worshipping The Gods Of Your Ancestors Is Not A Sin But A Blessing. (551 Views)

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Gods Of Igbo Culture / Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worshipping The Gods Of Your Ancestors Is Not A Sin But A Blessing. by BilliBaron: 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
Before I start, I will like you to know that i was born in to a Christian home and am not against Christianity. I just want to clarify people who have been mislead and brainwashed into the saying that worshipping the gods of your land or ancestors is evil. that sacrifice, or going to a native doctor for prayers are evil. first i want you to know that before church came there was traditions (Omenala) and traditions will still be here when church is gone.. many people have problems today because they was told that the shrine in his father's compound is blocking his destiny and he went back with a pastor and destroy the shrine(Obi nnaya) which his forefathers has been serving for centuries and decades. many don't even know their traditions again what the land of his ancestors accept or forbid. I know that there's bad in tradition and good in it. same way I know that there's good in church and also there's bad. many churches now no longer preach the word of God but what Favours them. I remember a certain time when I went to pray and ask for a blessing from the water. after praying a woman approached me and told me that am too young to get my self in to this evil. I asked her is water evil? she replied yes. I told her that she should watch her tongue. you can't be using water and be calling it evil. in everything one does in life water is part of it. yes I know that there's evil in water but if you are wise enough you will know that there's more blessings from water than the evil. so when you go to water to pray, pray for the blessings and the good things that comes from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worshipping The Gods Of Your Ancestors Is Not A Sin But A Blessing. by Dami12345: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
BilliBaron:
Before I start, I will like you to know that i was born in to a Christian home and am not against Christianity. I just want to clarify people who have been mislead and brainwashed into the saying that worshipping the gods of your land or ancestors is evil. that sacrifice, or going to a native doctor for prayers are evil. first i want you to know that before church came there was traditions (Omenala) and traditions will still be here when church is gone.. many people have problems today because they was told that the shrine in his father's compound is blocking his destiny and he went back with a pastor and destroy the shrine(Obi nnaya) which his forefathers has been serving for centuries and decades. many don't even know their traditions again what the land of his ancestors accept or forbid. I know that there's bad in tradition and good in it. same way I know that there's good in church and also there's bad. many churches now no longer preach the word of God but what Favours them. I remember a certain time when I went to pray and ask for a blessing from the water. after praying a woman approached me and told me that am too young to get my self in to this evil. I asked her is water evil? she replied yes. I told her that she should watch her tongue. you can't be using water and be calling it evil. in everything one does in life water is part of it. yes I know that there's evil in water but if you are wise enough you will know that there's more blessings from water than the evil. so when you go to water to pray, pray for the blessings and the good things that comes from it.

You are smart. I wonder how much better Nigeria will be if we are to swear leaders by water, iron and our old Gods and ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Worshipping The Gods Of Your Ancestors Is Not A Sin But A Blessing. by aremuforlife(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2019
That is the best way to go for Africa.
We need to go back to the source and seek for forgiveness, for forsaken our ancestors

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari Loses Mother / Geel,Belgian City Of Mad People For Over 100years. / Former Pastor & Author Of Relationshp Book, Gives Up On Marriage & Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.