Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) (55824 Views)

Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) / Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) / University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
Na God save una say una wear boots. That snake is a very violent serpent.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hidentity:

What are you saying? Venomous snake and humanity? What type of books are you reading? You think the snake that was allowed to cross freely in Brazil would be allowed if it posed threat to them? Even in saner climes, stray, wild or dangerous animals are shot at sight in certain circumstances. It is instinct that tells people to attack first when they come across anything that poses threat. When you see a viper in your room, go to bed and sleep since it is humanity. I am not for animal brutality, but you don't take chances with venomous snakes around you. A farm is not a zoo or a park where these animals are well monitored. If a scorpion stings you once, you won't even say what you're saying. A droplet of the venom from some snakes can kill up to 100 fully grown men, Mr. Humanity.
Some of this animal lovers never enter forest for their life. They only read about animal love in books

6 Likes

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Justinba1997(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:
We live in a country where killing of snakes is seen as a lifetime achievement. In Brazil, people had to stop their vehicles just for a snake to cross the road.

But over here in Nigeria, people will invade a snake territory all in the name of some stupid expedition, kill the poor animal, take pictures with it and show it off on social media like its some sort of trophy. Where is your humanity? Where is equity? Where is justice?
noo Dnt Kill It If D Snake Want To Bite You,you Can Please Live An Let It Ave Is Way,mr Good Person

2 Likes

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
Heffalump:

Thank you bro. If you kill chicken to chop they will cry, goat they'll cry, Turkey they will cry!

If any of these animal conservationists has ever killed a mosquito, fly, or cockroach with sniper or flit, then they are the most cruel of all men! What nonsense angry
And they will still eat plants that are more beautiful than animals

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
HomoDroid:
If the Lecturer fails them in that practical now, they will start hating! They should have captured it and taken it to the Lecturer to collect their grade A in that practical!

Now that they killed the very important member of the ecosystem, what do they expect as the reward, as students of Agric who have been thought of the nocturnal nature of the poor creature?

That particular snake is a very effective natural 'pesticide' who help farmers tame rodents and other similar destructive pests in the farm - a true farmer's friend!

Omniknowest.

An accident happened along Lagos -Benin expressway. Everyone stopped for rescue mission, the only person that died was bitten by this type of snake. The snake was killed before they could rescue him coz he fell out of the car then landed on this wicked reptile and it had these same beautiful designs like leather bag.

The villagers there said its one of the most dangerous snake around and they told us that man was already dead. This is d same snake you want humans like you that went to study to capture alive. What happened to pesticide?

3 Likes

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hidentity:

What are you saying? Venomous snake and humanity? What type of books are you reading? You think the snake that was allowed to cross freely in Brazil would be allowed if it posed threat to them? Even in saner climes, stray, wild or dangerous animals are shot at sight in certain circumstances. It is instinct that tells people to attack first when they come across anything that poses threat. When you see a viper in your room, go to bed and sleep since it is humanity. I am not for animal brutality, but you don't take chances with venomous snakes around you. A farm is not a zoo or a park where these animals are well monitored. If a scorpion stings you once, you won't even say what you're saying. A droplet of the venom from some snakes can kill up to 100 fully grown men, Mr. Humanity.
Maybe you don't understand his post. I was watching snake hunters on NatGeo Wild and I saw how the deadliest snake in Africa (black mamba second only to King cobra) were removed on different occasions from homes and released into their natural habitat. If they can be removed from home safely without killing them, a farm is far less. Mind You, I don't like snakes but I just wanted to point out something
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Mac2016(m): 4:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:
We live in a country where killing of snakes is seen as a lifetime achievement. In Brazil, people had to stop their vehicles just for a snake to cross the road.

But over here in Nigeria, people will invade a snake territory all in the name of some stupid expedition, kill the poor animal, take pictures with it and show it off on social media like its some sort of trophy. Where is your humanity? Where is equity? Where is justice?
In as much as I support preservation of some of our heritage but how do we allow deadly poisonous snakes to grow and multiply and become a potential exterminator of the human race? Please explain...I need knowledge ni. I understand bit of ecosystem but am confused at sparing attendant risks in poisonous animals..

3 Likes

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Isaac274(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
You guys are good Agriculturalist. Nigeria O.... Why not catch it and take it to the School zoo or use it to create One? Civilized Countries have the wild Animals control department.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by wildikeman(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
Wow.. See that fine natural skin... Wonder how much its worth
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Legendguru: 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
dinner
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by 88Chidiebube140: 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
nice

@/@/

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Baroba(m): 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
I will like to add a Gaboon to my snake collections, I would have easily paid 30k for that reptile if caught alive.. I love venomous snakes.. wink
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Marineetyon(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:

what is this one saying...killing animal for food is it a crime in Nigeria? These are the ones that are stoning people to dead at a slightest wrong doing but will come here to castigate against killing a common snake for food. God help u.

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by frowland(m): 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hidentity:

Partly right. But in a society that have values, this snake will end up saving more lives being alive than dead.
Only a gram of Puff's venom sells for above $1,500. Think of how many lives it will save, think of the economic benefits.
We kill snakes here, then turn around to import AntiVenom from countries that doesn't kill snakes. Makes any sense?
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Iboyx: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
Why is it that any snake related news makes it to front page
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Nsonaso(m): 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:

GO an SAT DOWN
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by geezynoni: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
markidoo:
Puff Adder, who the Bleep is Ned Stark Nwoko??
Iron man's(tony stark) distant brother
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Livingstone124: 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:

yes the righteous judge

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Livingstone124: 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
Offpoint:
My favorite show on DSTV are "Snake Island" "Snakes in the City"
NatGeo Wild is my favorite channel, I hate when this beautiful and gentle creatures are being killed.

99.9% are as the results of human trespassing, snakes don't just bite without warning. The truth is they avoid contact with us more we do....
you need your head examined by a native doctor

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by biggiesmallz15(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:

when snake enter your house no kill am ohhhhh

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by LordPherule(m): 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:

Baba, this is another part of the world. Africa! Not America, we are totally different. We don't try to sleep with fire on the roof. It's our believe to kill them on sight. Even serpent is a devil in the Bible. I can't let a snake go scot free, I don't know the danger is posing to cause at its advancing place.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by pelumi67(m): 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:

As if Nigerian have gotten enough justice.

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Amalekki: 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
EXLOVER:
I buy all kind of snake meat, I have restaurant, message me if you have any or if you know anyone that have any?
I see you Bros Lala
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by LIONHEART101: 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
delugajackson:

because you see video online.. you come use am make point. .. I just feel like deporting you to Myanmar

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
Lala-snake-lala grin grin
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Angelawhite(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
post=77957668:
This one na confirm Gaboon viper o!

Dem badt guys go don roast or boil am CHOP by now, nothing wey dem no fit CHOP.
Ebola boys! cheesy

Even this one follow de talk

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Mimi4kaycee(f): 6:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
chai,u just killed a grand mother snake,this snake is more than 10 years..u count each year with d rectangle on it's body...
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
I don't know who you are but i swear to God. I like you already
Offpoint:
My favorite show on DSTV are "Snake Island" "Snakes in the City"
NatGeo Wild is my favorite channel, I hate when this beautiful and gentle creatures are being killed.

99.9% are as the results of human trespassing, snakes don't just bite without warning. The truth is they avoid contact with us more we do....
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Hidentity(m): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
Born2Breed:

Too much sense.
Bows
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2019
HomoDroid:
If the Lecturer fails them in that practical now, they will start hating! They should have captured it and taken it to the Lecturer to collect their grade A in that practical!

Now that they killed the very important member of the ecosystem, what do they expect as the reward, as students of Agric who have been thought of the nocturnal nature of the poor creature?

That particular snake is a very effective natural 'pesticide' who help farmers tame rodents and other similar destructive pests in the farm - a true farmer's friend!

^^^^
Thank you for saying this.

Unfortunately I think the battle is already lost. You can see someone is already quoting scripture as justification for the total annihilation of snakes. How do you go up against that? undecided
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) by Newmans: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
Pls remain the one that the next generation will see. Don't kill all of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JSS 2 Student Impregnated By Her Vice Principal, Delivers A Baby In Minna / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder / Students & Their Laptops In American University Classroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.