Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,199 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:56 PM

Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) (42600 Views)

Alex Timileyin: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death Is A Prince In Delta / Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by nicho450(m): 2:10pm On May 26
๐“๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ: ๐€๐ฃ๐š๐ฒ๐ข ๐‚๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐›๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐ž๐ฌ

A yet-to-be-identified male student of the Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, in Oyo State, has allegedly been clubbed to death inside a hostel known as Shepherd Inn on the school premises by a group of other students for allegedly stealing a mobile phone.

PUNCH Online gathered that the deceased was also said to have had his hair forcefully shaved by his assailants after he was reportedly caught with the stolen mobile phone.

Our correspondent learnt from a source in the school who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter that the deceased was beaten from 6pm on Friday to about 10am on Saturday.

โ€œThey said they caught him with a stolen phone. They started beating him from 6pm yesterday (Friday) until he died at about 10am today (Saturday).

โ€œThe incident happened at โ€˜Shepherd Innโ€™. Itโ€™s like a lodge or a hostel now. They also shaved the hair of the guy before beating him,โ€ he said.

Two different videos that were shared with our correspondent on Saturday night showed the deceased rolling on the hostel floor while other students were beating him with sticks.

In one of the recordings, one of the students was heard encouraging the other student to smack the deceased โ€œharder, harder.โ€

Meanwhile, the varsity management confirmed the incident in a statement credited to the spokesperson, Femi Atoyebi, published by the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday.

The statement said the students suspected of having taken part in the alleged crime had been expelled and handed over to the police for prosecution.

Atoyebi said, โ€œContrary to what is trending, the university affirms that there is no cultism in the institution, just as the university has zero tolerance for any sort of anti-societal vices and misconduct.

โ€œIt is important to stress that the expelled students do not belong to any cult group.โ€

https://punchng.com/oyo-private-varsity-student-beaten-to-death-for-alleged-phone-theft/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by illicit(m): 2:14pm On May 26
๐Ÿ˜ณ

3 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 2:14pm On May 26
You know the exact time and how long the student was beaten. You know the hostel in which the incident occurred. You even got the pictures of the student being tortured. You know what caused the beating. You also know that the student has died. But you are yet to identify the student. Nonsense.

Anyways, may the departed soul rest in peace.

175 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by muyico(m): 2:17pm On May 26
jungle justice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by UselessBuharist: 2:29pm On May 26
Humanity has gone to hell.
The devil fears Nigerians

35 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Crenzywilliams(m): 2:54pm On May 26
Nigerian secondary schools gave become death traps, where was the house master all along, so no one student was brave enough to tell an authority figure, and the house master never visited his hostel for a period of 8 hours?

5 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by descarado: 2:57pm On May 26
Crenzywilliams:
Nigerian secondary schools gave become death traps, where was the house master all along, so no one student was brave enough to tell an authority figure, and the house master never visited his hostel for a period of 8 hours?
Did we read the same story shocked

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Pepperdemisback: 2:59pm On May 26
No hostel master or Students Affairs officer? Or is it another off Campus Hostel like where they beat someone the other time? If yes, no Landlord, Concerned neighbor or Agent/Caretaker someone could have called?
Why couldn't anybody report to the School authority instead of counting hours?
If you find out, the owner of the phone might not be among the people that beat him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Pepperdemisback: 3:01pm On May 26
Crenzywilliams:
Ftc on Nairaland!
Always read before commenting or ask someone to translate to your local dialect.
Na wetin concern fish with Raincoat?

35 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Pepperdemisback: 3:01pm On May 26
descarado:

Na Ftc dey hungry am!

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by yarimo(m): 3:08pm On May 26
Mr reactor will soon react and even visit the family of the victim because it happens in Oyo state, but he is yet to react to the death of a lady that was killed by Chinese company in Abia state undecided undecided

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Pepperdemisback: 3:09pm On May 26
UselessBuharist:
Humanity has gone to hell.
The devil fears Nigerians
Thieves can be very annoying, heartless and frustrating! If you have ever been robbed, you will agree with me.
Merely going to the dinning hall while charging on NYSC camp, 2 phones went off like that!
One old man in my Church, his phone fell off in a cab, the driver was still using the SIM. He begged and begged but the thief asked him to stop disturbing the phone and go and look for money to buy a new one. Just imagine!
Imagine tracking and getting that thief.
NB I am not supporting Jungle Justice o!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Solofresh2: 3:18pm On May 26
Humanity is evil
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Magree: 4:10pm On May 26
Yy
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Dogalmighty17: 4:11pm On May 26
What kind of private university is this? How can someone be beaten from 6pm to 10am and non of the school security responded?
As much as I don't support the action of the thief, his parents should sue that school.

14 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Neddstark: 4:11pm On May 26
All the murderers should be charged for murder.
Let them all serve term for taking a lofe fhey cannot create. Nigeria is raising a lot of beasts.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by GreenxGreen: 4:11pm On May 26
angry

Please kill all the people involved ๐Ÿคฌ
Enough is Enough ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by superCleanworks(m): 4:12pm On May 26
there goes another life.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by AnyanwuSilas: 4:12pm On May 26
R.I.P

4 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by TylerPerry: 4:13pm On May 26
It's well o
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Verifier(m): 4:13pm On May 26
Wasted Life.

Wasted Brains.

Wasted resources, finance and more.

This a bread winner for a family somewhere.

Nigeria don't have this energy for the bad leaders that have kept them in servitude for years.

This is sad.

RIP to dead!

5 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by fergie001: 4:13pm On May 26
And this is an Anglican University?

All sorts of news creep out from here, and made worse since Prof Asaju left there.

Rip to the dead....

3 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Kingzmate(m): 4:13pm On May 26
SCHOOL HARVEST undecided
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by YoungLionken(m): 4:14pm On May 26
It's quite unfortunate that bully in school is real and has come to stay. Mind you, it's not a peculiar problem in Nigeria but all over the world (wrote that that because of "in saner climes" activists on nairaland)..

Since bully isn't ending anytime soon, I would rather raise m kids (especially the sons) to be the bully than be the victims...

5 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by jiz: 4:14pm On May 26
Absolute nonsense
immortalcrown:
You know the exact time and how long the student was beaten. You know the hostel in which the incident occurred. You even got the pictures of the student being tortured. You know what caused the beating. You also know that the student has died. But you are yet to identify the student. Nonsense.

Anyways, may the departed soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Sccarrr: 4:14pm On May 26
Damn
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Cti28(m): 4:14pm On May 26
descarado:

I don't think so. I think he read his, from right to left.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Skillsnigeria: 4:14pm On May 26
Hmmm
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by OriOko88(m): 4:14pm On May 26
undecided
The level of fvckery amongst Nigeria youths is sickening. I'm very sure many students witnessed the gory scene and could not stop it or call the sch authority. They were videoing.

Something of such happened when I was in sch. A young student was being assaulted for stealing blackberry bold 5 .guys in my Lodge started beating him..no body came to his rescue..until I summoned courage to stop the shiit. I jumped into their midst,drag him away into my room. Some niggas started shouting match at me and I responded. I had to call the sch sug exco who came and whisk the boy away. The boy would hv died if I didn't intervene. For two weeks guys in d neighborhood didn't greet me. Emi gan o care .
It's a pity na only sissy boys full sch nowadays

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by We4all: 4:15pm On May 26
Omoh! I don't usually like watching graphic videos. I stumbled on the video on TG and haven't been myself since. The boy was very weak, but someone kept flogging him.

Human beings are very wicked. The perpetrators should be sentenced to death asap. It's even worse that his fellow students did this to him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

114 Oldest Secondary Schools In Nigeria. Is Your School Among. / A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) / Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.