Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,130 members, 7,957,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary (29841 Views)

VACANCY: Long Distance Drivers (min. N70K Salary) / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Lovelyn451(f): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2019
No manners at all, even if it's too small you couldn't think of any other way to state it than asking him such question,with all your training in medical field....it's possible he started with lesser amount but dedication and humility has taken him where he is today....

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by AngelicBeing: 8:17am On Apr 30, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
When I see some comments on social media of people critisizing those that are so desperate to leave this country i just smile. The truth is this, if you have a good job that has good security of years, stay in this country. But if you dont, just take your leave. Nigeria is a very funny place that you need to be proactive. If you know how much of fund and time has gone into his studies before he became a doctor, you will pick up a gun and shoot the cmd. And if one indian comes for interview you see them paying him 700k. What a shame.
Gbam, gbamer, gbames, my friend was in a similar situation years ago but he was earning over 100,000 naira in Nigeria, as I post now, he went to the Middle East, got an offer of 1.2 million Naira per month, he left the job after few months, he wrote PLAB exam and got a good offer in England, he is having a blast in the UK and on arrival in England, he cursed Nigeria and all the years he wasted in the shithole jungle grin
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Krucifax(m): 8:19am On Apr 30, 2019
emkz:
He should have accepted it for a start. Work diligently for three months and look for something better. Approach the CMD for a raise and if he doesn't agree, he can resign. Some relationships are not meant to be destroyed.

I accepted a salary of 615 k once even if it was low and unacceptable by my standard. I did it as a sacrifice for three months and also out of loyalty to the person. I switched to something that pays 808 k now after taxes.

When you are just starting, chase experience. Later when you have it, money would chase you.

You kids should really take it easy with telling of lies online.
Less than 1% of Nigerians in the whole of Nigeria earn over N800K. Unless of course you meant N800K per annum/year.

If what you are saying is true it means you are earning more than all the following people using their official salaries only.
1.All directors of ministries
2.All permanent secretaries of all ministries.
3. All ministers of all ministries.
4. All senators of the Senate.
5 . All house of Representatives members.
6. All police commissioners.
7. All generals.
8. The vice president of Nigeria.
9. Finally if you are earning N808k per month salary as you'd have us believe it means you are officially earning more than Muhammadu Buhari the president of Nigeria whose official salary is N291K per month and N3.5 Million per annum.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by id4sho(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2019
Nigerianiski:
This guy na JUTH (UNIJOS)trained doctor for that matter. One of the best medical schools in Nigeria.
He was my senior in medical school...
#Chief go write primaries nah
#Don't let anyone disrespect you my boss
taa, Delete this JUTH trash. when JUTH ill trained students are busy wasting lives. There is this thread where everyone is kicking against bad practices, have you guys stopped using Google to aid diagnosis?
Be guided

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by tunize(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2019
The guy is not just rude but very rude. his type will just be raising shoulder anyhow in the hospital wen u call doctor. weda he was been tested e pride nor let am see road. he should have jst said no instead of the rubbish he said.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by balonaija(f): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2019
I don't believe this.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by iammo(m): 8:22am On Apr 30, 2019
seXytOhbAd:
You can always tell a fool by the way the words they use. When this young guy leaves the country, that’s how the same fools will start to insult him for respecting his training and using it where it is appreciated.
Fool

Your mum birthed a dunce and she doesnt know.

While other countries pay average of $5000 on tuition, nigeria pay average of $500 because our tax and resources revenue goes in paying salaries of overhead cost of professors and lecturers.

Other countries register for medical Service with average $50 nigeria averages 1k naira, medical Service over 10k here people scream yet average yankee citizen pays 1k dollars medicare.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by emkz: 8:23am On Apr 30, 2019
Khaleell001:

I don't think you fully understand what it takes to read medicine in school and to start up with something as low as 70,000 .
This is about saving lives not a bank job.

The comparison you are bringing are way different.

I guess this job of yours should be in a oil and gas company (because they are the ones who pay this high) not medicine.

If it were a village I would accept the pay to some degree, but in Abuja were items are at cut-throat price?
Please, check am out na bros.

I doubt if you fully understand what I wrote or you probably read cursorily. You should have asked me what I studied and where I work or what I do without making assumptions about oil and gas. (I don't work in oil and gas by the way). There are other lucrative jobs if you have the right information.

Now to help you out, I stated he should make the sacrifice for three months and build a relationship with the boss while looking for better openings. By diligently doing his work, one day, he just might treat the person who might change his life forever. I am not at the top yet, but one advice I can give to young folks just starting out is this: be diligent in everything you do, you hardly know who is watching. Don't be hasty for rewards. Money is like a girl, the more you chase it, the less it finds you attractive; but when you make yourself attractive, she chases you because she needs you. I hope you now understand my perspective.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by webincomeplus(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2019
iammo:
tongue

Nigerian Doctors and over Bloated ego, teachers train life, mothers create and nurture life, soldiers sacrifice life to save life, yet they are more understanding of the economic realities.

Your comment was obviously NOT based on wisdom. Even private hospitals outside Lagos and Abuja don't offer such a shitty salary. You're here comparing with mothers and soldiers. When last did you hear soldiers complain about their salaries being too small? They only complain about either delay in payment or inadequate weaponry. And as for mothers, whose job is it to pay them? Was your mother on certain formal employment protocols for being your mother?

The same doctors would work day and night. They have mouths to feed, too, after spending years in the university. Same hypocrites like you would agree that N70,000 isn't enough for bank staff, IT personnel, etc. But when it comes to doctors, they should save lives for free. And they should accept N70,000 offers in a place like Abuja, where the cost of living is high. Whenever they reject low pay, you call them greedy. Why not see how much doctors are paid relative to other professionals in other countries before coming here to spout nonsense?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by id4sho(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2019
joelison:
It is very lucrative to be unemployed than receive 70k salary in a big city like abuja where inflation rate is very high.. U will end up working and living in debt. As a newly graduated doctor not yet inducted im receiving 30k/wk i.e 120k/month in a rural hospital where food are cheap and d mds are persuading me to continue working for sometime.. God know that after my nysc the least salary i can manage is 210k..
May God grant you your heart desires but country no easy, see you after NYSC.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by emkz: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2019
Krucifax:

Less than 1% of Nigerians in the whole of Nigeria earn over N800K. Unless of course you meant N800K per annum/year.

If what you are saying is true it means you are earning more than all the following people using their official salaries only.
7. All generals.
9. Finally if you are earning N808k per month salary as you'd have us believe it means you are officially earning more than Muhammadu Buhari the president of Nigeria whose official salary is N291K per month and N3.5 Million per annum.

That is how some of you miss opportunities staring you in the face. If you are sensible and matured as you'd like us to believe, you'd send me an inbox to ask me what I do and how you can do it too. Then I give you leads and see how it can benefit you. Try find out the job of a consultant working at PwC in Switzerland and come back to edit this silly comment you wrote.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by SmartMen: 8:37am On Apr 30, 2019
Stanweezy:
Your type makes it difficult for the poor to afford medical bills, if you are paid millions of naira, the burden will be shifted to the patient
morooon. Come work for me let me pay u 5000.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by iammo(m): 8:40am On Apr 30, 2019
webincomeplus:

Your comment was obviously NOT based on wisdom. Even private hospitals outside Lagos and Abuja don't offer such a shitty salary. You're here comparing with mothers and soldiers. When last did you hear soldiers complain about their salaries being too small? They only complain about either delay in payment or inadequate weaponry. And as for mothers, whose job is it to pay them? Was you mother on certain formal employment protocols for being your mother?

The same doctors would work day and night. They have mouths to feed, too, after spending years in the university. Same hypocrites like you would agree that N70,000 isn't enough for bank staff, IT personnel, etc. But when it comes to doctors, they should save lives for free. And they should reject N70,000 offers in a place like Abuja, where the cost of living is high. Whenever they reject low pay, you call them greedy. Why not see how much doctors are paid relative to other professionals in other

countries before coming here to spout ...nonsense?

While other countries pay average of $5000 on tuition, nigeria pay average of $500 because our tax and resources revenue goes in paying salaries of overhead cost of professors and lecturers, teaching some ungrateful punks

Other countries register for medical Services with average $50 nigeria averages 1k naira, Naija medical Service over 10k here people scream yet average yankee citizen pays 1k dollars medicare.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by oluplus(m): 8:40am On Apr 30, 2019
Krucifax:

7. All generals.

Are you saying People dont earn up to that amount in Nigeria or those who earn it are not on Nairaland.

Bros, wake up

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Krucifax(m): 8:45am On Apr 30, 2019
oluplus:

Are you saying People dont earn up to that amount in Nigeria or those who earn it are not on Nairaland.

Bros, wake up

Yes young man. That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm also referring to people "within" Nigeria.
Why don't you try to prove me wrong.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by uwajeh(m): 8:47am On Apr 30, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
If dem dey offer a whole Medical Doctor 70k monthly salary, how much Accountants, Teachers, Police Officers, etc go earn monthly? 25K?

I pay my Tilers 20k weekly. They aren't University Graduates.
Ha! Oga Hire me please!!!!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 30, 2019
mycar:
He was rude. Doctors are known to be cool headed, this one can kill a patient out of anger.
The employer just tested his anger management.
He should have rejected the offer outrightly instead of mocking his employer. I can't accept that offer case close
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ephraim18(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2019
u should have used civil language to tell him that though is provocative to u but it may have been to u as a test

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Krucifax(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2019
emkz:

That is how some of you miss opportunities staring you in the face. If you are sensible and matured as you'd like us to believe, you'd send me an inbox to ask me what I do and how you can do it too. Then I give you leads and see how it can benefit you. Try find out the job of a consultant working at PwC in Switzerland and come back to edit this silly comment you wrote.

Lol...scammers are plenty online. At no point in your comment did you mention that you were referring to foreign earnings. Which also doesn't make any sense as the post is about a Nigerian job within Nigeria.
And don't make me laugh about sending you an email,if I send you anything it will be career advice. I'm an almost 20 year veteran of London based professional work experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by 1234IKECHhukwu: 9:02am On Apr 30, 2019
Krucifax:

You are the first person to make a comment with sense in it on this post.
60 -70% of people posting are unemployed.
80-90% of the remaining are not earning up to N70k per month.
People like to talk big but their realities are very different.
My dear u have said it all, even those there salary re not up to 20k a month,re discouraging the dude not to accept the 70k.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by webincomeplus(m): 9:02am On Apr 30, 2019
iammo:

While other countries pay average of $5000 on tuition, nigeria pay average of $500 because our tax and resources revenue goes in paying salaries of overhead cost of professors and lecturers, teaching some ungrateful punks

Other countries register for medical Services with average $50 nigeria averages 1k naira, Naija medical Service over 10k here people scream yet average yankee citizen pays 1k dollars medicare.

We understand. But then, the average doctor in the US earns N8m to N10m monthly. Nigerian doctors are not and won't ask for that (it makes no sense). But let them enjoy there 1/40th of that in peace. At least 1/40th isn't too much.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2019
uwajeh:
Ha! Oga Hire me please!!!!

Are a professional Tiler? What's your location?
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Hustlerlomo(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2019
[quote author=Deborachi post=77972677] grin Fine the salary is too small, but at least he should start from somewhere.

People wey una dey deceive with all this start from somewhere talk don die Tay Tay.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ehinmowo: 9:17am On Apr 30, 2019
Deborachi:
grin Fine the salary is too small, but at least he should start from somewhere.

We're in Next level o angry

what are you saying? typically Nigerian. suffering and smiling.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ogawisdom(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2019
Khaleell001:

I don't think you fully understand what it takes to read medicine in school and to start up with something as low as 70,000 .
This is about saving lives not a bank job.

The comparison you are bringing are way different.

I guess this job of yours should be in a oil and gas company (because they are the ones who pay this high) not medicine.

If it were a village I would accept the pay to some degree, but in Abuja were items are at cut-throat price?
Please, check am out na bros.

Medicine should be studied by people with passion for saving lives, it's should not be a poverty alleviation course. Those interested in making money should join business or politics.

70k salary is not a bad start for a fresh medical doctor.

As we speak I am sure a more qualified doctor has accepted the job already. Doctors are more than enough in the country n many see it as an escape route from poverty which is false

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ogawisdom(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2019
te author=webincomeplus post=77975179]
Your comment was obviously NOT based on wisdom. Even private hospitals outside Lagos and Abuja don't offer such a shitty salary. You're here comparing with mothers and soldiers. When last did you hear soldiers complain about their salaries being too small? They only complain about either delay in payment or inadequate weaponry. And as for mothers, whose job is it to pay them? Was your mother on certain formal employment protocols for being your mother?

The same doctors would work day and night. They have mouths to feed, too, after spending years in the university. Same hypocrites like you would agree that N70,000 isn't enough for bank staff, IT personnel, etc. But when it comes to doctors, they should save lives for free. And they should accept N70,000 offers in a place like Abuja, where the cost of living is high. Whenever they reject low pay, you call them greedy. Why not see how much doctors are paid relative to other professionals in other countries before coming here to spout nonsense?[/quote]

We have several jobless doctors in Nigeria and I can assure u that the idiot that rejected 70k has created employment for another jobless and even more qualified doctor who may have assumed duties since.

70k is not a bad start for a fresh doctor that has passion for saving lives. It's only poor for some idiots that see medicine as a poverty alleviation course lol.

Once supply exceeds demand price will crash, doctors are excess in supply now n even 50k will get one employed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2019
Khaleell001:

The way we treat health workers is so undeserving of them after trying their best to help save lives.

Imagine going through med school for 8 years only to be paid peanut (#70,000) in a place like Abuja and somebody said he is rude.
please, what kind of system are we running in this country that we pay those undeserving of what they get and pay less to those who deserve to get more.

Until most if rise up to condemn this we will not go anywhere.
some no see work self...hw many individuals get decent job self...to start with...it shows the level of wealth distribution in the land...this is not about doctor...

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2019
ogawisdom:

Medicine should be studied by people with passion for saving lives, it's should not be a poverty alleviation course. Those interested in making money should join business or politics.

70k salary is not a bad start for a fresh medical doctor.

As we speak I am sure a more qualified doctor has accepted the job already. Doctors are more than enough in the country n many see it as an escape route from poverty which is false
see typical black man is politics supposed to be a money making venture...na ur type de make our politicians steal us dry...are u saying people in a country don't deserve better life or what...
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by amliftedhigher: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2019
Nobody force you to save life. It is your own decision so don't feel to big. Teachers should be considered more than Doctors because they are the reason you became a Doctor

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by sweetilicious(f): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2019
My mom sometimes stays all night awake if they have many deliveries.Least is usually 4 in a day.This is slavery.
post=77972682:
70K for a monthly salary of a medical Doctor?!
Money that Nurses make abroad in 2 days?!
Slow and steady, we will get to a New Nigeria!

From he should Start from somewhere, na so e go take reach 60 years old o!
You are talking like an old woman sha!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Amhappy(f): 10:45am On Apr 30, 2019
tactius:
Having said the above , as a follow up to my previous post, if you want to pay decent salaries for doctors, nurses, etc, you have to charge high fees.

I mentioned earlier that I was earning 30k at one time. It was a rural hospital, the patients were mostly poor villagers who had very little money, and were not paying well.

The hospital the guy applied to is probably in a similar region. That's why I think the doctor is a joker.

I now work in a teaching hospital. Salary decent, prices much higher for patients, clientele city dweller.

Am glad I worked first in the village though. One learns how to do more with less

If its a Rural area then it can be managed but in Abuja,thats too poor. In the rural area people can even give you food stuff for free.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by jeff1607(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2019
boxypane:
That was how one old man at the Ministry of Agric, Kogi told me that I won't see a job of more than N15k in Nigeria just because I rejected taking home lesson for his kids back then in 2014. Now I have a job of over 400+ and I still see him still riding the same bike as back then.

bros bros!!

like this type of zobo and bread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Npower Selective Allowance Payment: We Have Not Been Paid!!! / Graduate Trainees Needed At Consolidated Breweries Plc August 2013 / Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.