Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary (29361 Views)

VACANCY: Long Distance Drivers (min. N70K Salary) / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by StarUp: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2019
Instead of collecting that salary as a Doctor, I will just be a dancer...

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by lindiwey: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2019
This guy knows his worth that was why he rejected 70k pay but some desperados will be like, "oga just pay me anything, I go manage am" cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by adisabarber(m): 6:46am On Apr 30, 2019
unclexofficial:
A Nigerian doctor who rejected a N70k salary from an employer in Abuja, took to Twitter to share his experience in which he ended up being called rude. According to the Doctor who rejected the N70K salary from an employer in Abuja, he saves lives and should be well paid.

He further revealed that he asked the Chief Medical Director if he can receive same N70K salary he is offering him. Read his tweet below; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/29/doctor-rejects-n70k-salary-from-employer-in-abuja-gives-reason/

Just refuse and walk away. You don't have to be rude.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Fayuba(m): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Gsteve01:
grin
hmmm the CMD is mad, a private hospital that belongs to united Methodist church in our area pays their doctor #360,000 per month and he is even complaining after that they send him to Philippines for a six months medical training, that cmd too like money

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by NaijaFutbol: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Gsteve01:
Will he steal the car to do Uber? No be somewhere he go start. He still dey chop belleful

The money invested to qualify as a doctor would have bought a car or two for the Uber.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by chinedumoooo: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Proper management can multiple the little #70k to millions fold.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by mu2sa2: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2019
He was rude. What he said is like an insult. That shows he isn't intelligent, despite the piece of paper stamped with mbbs which he was clutching. Having a degree doesn't mean you are disciplined, intelligent and enlightened. Serious employers wouldn't want a rascally fellow to be in their service. For those saying " leave the country" - with this level of uncouthness, how will he sail through Visa interview?

8 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by adisabarber(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2019
lindiwey:
This guy knows his worth that was why he rejected 70k pay but some desperados will be like, "oga just pay me anything, I go manage am" cheesy cheesy

He could have just tried to negotiate for higher pay or walk away. We don't need to turn everything into a quarrel

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Emmy3(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2019
Lie.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by oboy81: 6:50am On Apr 30, 2019
tactius:
I started out on 60k a month, and at one time was earning 30k. (village hospital)

My colleague is a joker. It isn't about how much you make, but how much you learn.
Oga Where are You Now?
What are the major things you've learnt so Far

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Justinba1997(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2019
I Think Dis Doctor Ave Not Been Hit Hard By Poverty,poverty Is Still Playing With Him dats Why Dy Offer Him 70k He Reject An Offer Thousands Of Peaple Are Looking For There Is Saying Dats Says If You Are Nt Thirsty,If You Are Giving Water You Will Be Looking For Messi And Ronaldo Playing Ball Inside The Water Bt If You Are Thirsty And You Are Giving Water You Will Finish D Water First B4 Thinking Weder There Ronaldo Inside It All You Will Ave To Say Is That Is God Dats Is Protecting Us.Na Nxt Level Dy O

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 30, 2019
oboy81:

Oga Where are You Now?
What are the major things you've learnt so Far

Tertiary hospital.

Learned to think on my feet more, and work harder, and do more with less.

Though in this teaching hospital I am kind of spoilt.

Take management of diabetic hyperglycemia. Village hospital... Daonil plus saline does wonders. No freezer for insulin.

Now, I have insulin here. Much easier. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by david22uu(m): 6:57am On Apr 30, 2019
Queenmark:
So the CMD is not rude by paying such amount?.

We have suffered in this life after you spend so much on education Someone will end up giving you small salary.

Apart from the major cities, which hospital can afford to pay much... Dont forget the hospitals is not funded by the doctor

The doctor didnt tell his shift and if he his going to be on call... All i see is tgis doctor seeking for attention and being very rude. I will advicate his lincence be seized

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Emmanuel226(m): 6:59am On Apr 30, 2019
chai, baba dey vex oh grin
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by engrkaz(m): 6:59am On Apr 30, 2019
Even native doctors nor fit collect 70k per consultation

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by oboy81: 6:59am On Apr 30, 2019
tactius:

Tertiary hospital.

Learned to think on my feet more, and work harder, and do more with less.

Though in this teaching hospital I am kind of spoilt.

Take management of diabetic hyperglycemia. Village hospital... Daonil plus saline does wonders. No freezer for insulin.

Now, I have insulin here. Much easier. Lol
Omo! Shey You Dey whine Me Ni?
Have you Finished your Residency now? What is your Specialty?
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by MyGeneration(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2019
LoL... If they pay him 70k will he like it grin
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Ubdavis(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2019
Yes of course u were rude. Just reject the money and work away. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by OpenYourEyes1: 7:00am On Apr 30, 2019
unclexofficial:
A Nigerian doctor who rejected a N70k salary from an employer in Abuja, took to Twitter to share his experience in which he ended up being called rude. According to the Doctor who rejected the N70K salary from an employer in Abuja, he saves lives and should be well paid.

He further revealed that he asked the Chief Medical Director if he can receive same N70K salary he is offering him. Read his tweet below; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/29/doctor-rejects-n70k-salary-from-employer-in-abuja-gives-reason/

70,000 for doctor? Too dangerous! The hospital probably should be closed down.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Emmanuel226(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2019
no worry just manage dat one, by next year u go start to earn #20000 per hour grin grin
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by topstone4: 7:01am On Apr 30, 2019
post=77972682:
70K for a monthly salary of a medical Doctor?!
Money that Nurses make abroad in 2 days?!
Slow and steady, we will get to a New Nigeria!

From he should Start from somewhere, na so e go reach 60 years!
You are talking like an old woman sha!

Where have you gotten to so far in 4 years? You have gotten to poor electricity and poor economy with 200 million population with no plan for them.

May God cover your life with this kind of "progress" and may your children share in it. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Emmanuel226(m): 7:01am On Apr 30, 2019
lolz, dis man got no chill cool
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ozo13(m): 7:06am On Apr 30, 2019
mycar:
He was rude. Doctors are known to be cool headed, this one can kill a patient out of anger.
The employer just tested his anger management.
anger kini.that's the reality .I remember one hospital in ekiti telling me last year 80k per month and I will have to be working 8 to 5pm Monday down to Friday plus 2weekends in a month grin
Thank God I put a call through to ask him about the pay before embarking on the journey .
Now am earning more than x3 of that amount and working less.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ladykolly(f): 7:07am On Apr 30, 2019
Deborachi:
grin Fine the salary is too small, but at least he should start from somewhere.

We're in Next level o angry
One must not settle for the less always, especially when one knows his/her worth.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Bluffly: 7:10am On Apr 30, 2019
If it is a private hospital, I don't see anything wrong for a start except if he is praying for everyone to be falling sick while they collect exorbitant fees to keep paying him higher salary

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by toprealman: 7:10am On Apr 30, 2019
mycar:
He was rude. Doctors are known to be cool headed, this one can kill a patient out of anger.
The employer just tested his anger management.
That is what is killing Arsenal. A team with "cool headed" players.....All of them! No fire in their bones. Kudos to the young doc. These are people I like working with......#TeamGinger

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by otokx(m): 7:11am On Apr 30, 2019
The reality is that most doctors in private hospitals earn between 70 ~ 110k in the first 5 years of practice pre specialization in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by 300wayne: 7:13am On Apr 30, 2019
Stanweezy:
Your type makes it difficult for the poor to afford medical bills, if you are paid millions of naira, the burden will be shifted to the patient
listen to ursef..........shebi u de der wen him parents send am go medskool and u been contribute give them if u no get self worth others get

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Khaleell001(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2019
Deborachi:
grin Fine the salary is too small, but at least he should start from somewhere.

We're in Next level o angry

I guess you are joking right?

But if not, I think this is sooooo out of point.

Do you know how much it takes to train a doctor for a session?
Add that to the 8 years and internship and tell me if it were you, you would accept it;and in Abuja for that matter oh.

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Bluffly: 7:15am On Apr 30, 2019
Fayuba:
hmmm the CMD is mad, a private hospital that belongs to united Methodist church in our area pays their doctor #360,000 per month and he is even complaining after that they send him to Philippines for a six months medical training, that cmd too like money
Is every hospital own by UMC or FGN? Please reason
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Bluffly: 7:16am On Apr 30, 2019
toprealman:
That is what is killing Arsenal. A team and f "cool headed" players. No fire in their bones. Kudos to the young doc. These are people I like working with......#TeamGinger
Fire in the bone is towards productivity and not stupidity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Sales Executives Recruitment. / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Man Shares How A Lady Preferred N5k To A N45k Job Within Her Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.