Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary (29406 Views)

VACANCY: Long Distance Drivers (min. N70K Salary) / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by boxypane(m): 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
jeff1607:

bros bros!!

like this type of zobo and bread
You want me to boast, post my account balance, do something stupid, etc... Keep thinking bros, sha no let life and success leave you behind.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by uwajeh(m): 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

Anxiety breeds nothing good. Cool your temper while you expect the best, I'll reply ur mail at due time. Thank you.
lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
uwajeh:
lol cheesy
cheesy I'll message you tomorrow evening... My Words
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Mizwisdom(f): 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
truthsayer009:

I'm particularly attacking you because I am very disappointed at your reasoning.

People enter career paths solely to get Rich, nothing wrong with that. The system has to make sure It's grooms & graduates qualified students, the problem is not the student, It is the system. People study Petroleum Engineering hoping to earn well in Oil Firms & they do, as long as they are qualified & do their Jobs well.

For the doctors who get people killed, the System is obviously flawed which allows Non-qualified personnel into those roles.
This same Nigerian Doctors you complain about leave Nigeria to UK, Canada & US, they do better technically & have a better life overall.

Please go to the school of Medicine for 7 years, then we can have a conversation.

Medical profession is not one that should attract people looking for money, it should be love for human well being instead. If you made the mistake of entering it for money please opt out while you can before you kill people in the process of exercising your greed

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by integritylady(f): 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
tactius:
Having said the above , as a follow up to my previous post, if you want to pay decent salaries for doctors, nurses, etc, you have to charge high fees.

I mentioned earlier that I was earning 30k at one time. It was a rural hospital, the patients were mostly poor villagers who had very little money, and were not paying well.

The hospital the guy applied to is probably in a similar region. That's why I think the doctor is a joker.

I now work in a teaching hospital. Salary decent, prices much higher for patients, clientele city dweller.

Am glad I worked first in the village though. One learns how to do more with less
you are right
experience matters too
the guy is actually an H/O
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Medical profession is not one that should attract people looking for money, it should be love for human well being instead. If you made the mistake of entering it for money please opt out while you can before you kill people in the process of exercising your greed

So It should attract people that just sweat, work all day for emergencies & cannot even spend time with their families.

Getting paid for your daily job is greed?

I hear you.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Mizwisdom(f): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
truthsayer009:

So It should attract people that just sweat, work all day for emergencies & cannot even spend time with their families.

I hear you.

It should attract people whose number one focus is promoting human well being. There's absolu
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Khaleell001(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogawisdom:

Medicine should be studied by people with passion for saving lives, it's should not be a poverty alleviation course. Those interested in making money should join business or politics.

70k salary is not a bad start for a fresh medical doctor.

As we speak I am sure a more qualified doctor has accepted the job already. Doctors are more than enough in the country n many see it as an escape route from poverty which is false

Even though medicine is all about saving lives, we shouldn't wish away the fact of making the environment conducive for those who work by providing the necessary funds especially salary.
Though I agree with most of your points.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Mizwisdom(f): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
truthsayer009:

I hear you.

It should attract people whose number one focus is promoting human well being. There's absolutely nothing wrong when you're paid in the process of doing your job but it's not supposed to be a profession where you only envisage profit. This man was offered N70K which isn't bad for a start, he never mentioned other things involved, it's possible that he will get free accomodation and other pecks, it's better he didn't take the job at least lives will be saved.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by lilmax(m): 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:

It should attract people whose number one focus is promoting human well being. There's absolutely nothing wrong when you're paid in the process of doing your job but it's not supposed to be a profession where you only envisage profit. This man was offered N70K which isn't bad for a start, he never mentioned other things involved, it's possible that he will get free accomodation and other pecks, it's better he didn't take the job at least lives will be saved.
you think engineers do not save lives? or you're just ignorant about it?
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by DrObum(m): 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
tactius:

I suppose i could have asked for a bigger salary...however, that's all in the past (some 7-8 years ago).My salary is now 'decent'

But then again, I became a doctor to help people, the idea of a good salary never ever crossed my mind.
All the best helping mankind.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You are not in the position to state whether a particular amount is bad for a start or not. If a person who already works in the organization feels the money is not worth it, are you more qualified & experienced than him?
Note that this is also his profession unlike you who is judging from another point of view, as this isn't your profession at all.

Please just beat it with this nonsense, a Man is worthy of his wages, so the Bible says.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
tactius:

I suppose i could have asked for a bigger salary...however, that's all in the past (some 7-8 years ago).My salary is now 'decent'

But then again, I became a doctor to help people, the idea of a good salary never ever crossed my mind.

Look, the fact that you earn better now means someone fought for the privilege you have. Let's stop this me, myself & I kind of thinking. Doctors protest about Salaries in Nigeria, that is why you can even have money to buy data & come online, feed your family & the rest, no pun intended here.

It's like saying because Soldiers are meant to fight War, so therefore their Wages does not matter. Is it fair that Doctors are saving lives & Soldiers protecting, their welfare is on meager wages? Ofcourse not.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by uwajeh(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

Oga!! Good evening. I no hear from you. Hope all is well.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by uwajeh(m): 9:22pm On May 01, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

cheesy tongue Lol
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 01, 2019
uwajeh:
Oga!! Good evening. I no hear from you. Hope all is well.

Check you mail please. Thank you.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Laird(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2019
People saying all sort of funny stuff;

Doctors and soldiers buy from the same market you buy.

Doctors and soldiers pay rents, pay School fees, buy food stuff, buy fuel.or pay transport, pay for cable TV subscription, pay Bills like everyone one eelse

I have worked in a hospital free for one year. it was hell. If I had no background support, it would have been worse than hell

I still bought food in the hospital to eat well to cope with the heavy workload, I still bought airtime and data to call medical colleagues and superiors on work.relater issues, I still bought internet data to update my knowledge.I still paid mechanics for vehicle repairs. I still bought drinking water to quench my thirst. I still bought detergent to wash my clothes.
A workman deserves the pay for his.labour and skill. Even Medical School in.Nigeria and USA is not free of charge. School fees are paid

No land lord would give You free house rent free because You are a medical pracititioner. No filling stations give Doctors free fuel. No food seller gives Doctors free food. No me hanic gives Doctors free car repair services or free car parts. No tailor gives Doctors free ward coats. The biro the doctor uses to write is bought and paid for

So wise up and face reality.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ogene144(m): 5:49am On May 02, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

Are you a professional tiler? What's your location?
Lagos mainland Abule Egba my number 08069292629
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by uwajeh(m): 9:44pm On May 02, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

I'm so sorry that I have been bothering you. But I didn't see any mail o. shocked . Maybe you should try and send to my wife's mail. uwajehrosemary@gmail.com. Many thanks.
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by uwajeh(m): 9:43pm On May 03, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

Oga!! shocked . Na wa o! Please help me get better job. smiley
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by uwajeh(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2019
ogene144:

Lagos mainland Abule Egba
my number
Why are you impersonating me?? God don't like ugly. tongue undecided
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by ogene144(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2019
uwajeh:
Why are you impersonating me?? God don't like ugly. tongue undecided
Are Muhammad Buhari because i dnt understand how i am impersonating u
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by GREATNESS007: 11:51pm On May 05, 2019
Are you smart,creative and very good at Marketing. Then this opportunity is for you.

The Grant Africa Digital Enterprises at Ibadan requires the services of Sales Representatives for immediate employment. The selected candidates will be trained and equipped with all it takes to get the desired results. Salary is very attractive.

How to apply : Interested candidates should send their your CV to the thegrantafrica@gmail.com, indicate the
Job Title as the subject of your email.

Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Re: Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary by Tizzyreal: 12:18am On May 06, 2019
Are you unemployed? have you been sitting at home and still depending on your parents even after graduation?. I too have been jobless for years after graduation until I discovered a way to make at least $200-$400/month just doing nothing. It may sound like a scam but the truth is, It is 100% real and legal, and I have been benefiting from it for years now. People wonder how I make my money whereas they don’t see me go to work. The secret is what I want to share with jobless youths out there for free. To get started you will need at least a computer or laptop with high CPU up to win-64 bits, or AMD radeon from 280k and above, or Invidia GTX from 560k and above, or a high Intel processor of 64-bits. If you are not knowledgeable in these things you can ask any computer expert to explain it to you and try to get a laptop or pc with any of the above requirements. One PC will give you $100/month, if you have 4 pc’s, you will earn $400/month guaranteed, if you have 5pcs-$500/month, 10pcs-$1000/month. You can partner with computer centers to allow you install this program in as many pcs that are available and you will earn up to N500000/monthly. To get started, you will need to install the program in as many pcs you can get. Send me a PM and I will add you to a whasapp group where I will teach you how to install the program for free and start making money. You will be paid at the 10th of every month. Contact me now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Shares How A Lady Preferred N5k To A N45k Job Within Her Area / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs / Advans Lafayette Mfb Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.