Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut (20753 Views)

Rema Shatters Records, Becomes First Nigerian Artist To Perform At Ballon D'or / Saxzy Signed By Kruz Records With A Duplex And 2 Cars (Photos) / Danny Young Slam Tiwa Savage & Mavin Records With 200 Million Naira Copyright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Octopusssy(f): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2019
I'm anticipating John Wick 3. That's the real deal for me

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Kingkun69(m): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2019
hoopLA:

Be honest with yourself.

By Marvel's 7th movie they already had box office smashes like Iron Man 1, 2 and 3, the Avengers.
Even subpar movies like the Incredible Hulk managed nearly $300 million at the box office. The first Thor movie made above $450 million. All before 2013.

What is DC doing? Going around half-baked stories and banking on the popularity of the characters alone to drive the movie, barring Aquaman and Wonder Woman. In spite of having the benefit of the blueprint set by Marvel for super hero flicks,

Guy, I grew up on mostly DC, but the truth is that they have a very long way to go to be better than Marvel if what we are seeing is a barometer.
Marvel owns the superhero genre. Unless they piss it away, it's hardly likely DC will overtake them on sheer strength alone.

Justice League and the two Superman movies were a torrid disgrace. Just the facts. Batman vs Superman was a pile of insufferable $hit that I never want to go near ever again. They can't even maintain continuity by keeping the same actors for the same lead characters, yet they want us to keep interest in their movies.

I daresay that Wonder Woman was driven by sexist pro-female agenda, and Aquaman apparently looks to be the best of all the movies. The rest (Shazam et al) are just subpar.

Besides, Marvel has been clocking the $1billion the Avengers in 2012. No be today. The Phase three Movies have made at least $800 million except Doctor Strange which did $667 million). Phase Three started from 2016. Let me not get to Black Panther and Infinity war.
those superman movies ehnnnn o lawd grin superman vs batman utter crap man of steel slept through it all very boring even Wonder Woman was a little overhyped but had feminist push justice league was a knockoff of avengers not a bad one but light-years away shazam which was actually good but if was a Marvel movie would have gone very far the only DC movie worth it is aquaman but my last hope for DC is the joker movie I believe that their is no way to possibly mess that up but that was what I said for batman vs super man that joker movie ehhhn it must bang or else

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BotherMleeper(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2019
I prefer Infinity War

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Mulatta(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:

Hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin... Go and do your research well brother. Justice League was flopped by Avengers director, Joss Whedon after he cut many scenes and turned a 2hr 45min movie to a 1hr 48min movie. Aquaman grossed $1.022B. And by the way, there's NO DC movie grossing less than $600M. Go and research brother.
Avengers directors not director, are the Russo brothers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Mulatta(m): 8:25am On Apr 30, 2019
hoopLA:

The Spiderman change was done after Marvel Studios and Fox agreed for Spiderman to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
And Spiderman: Homecoming was actually a reboot, a fresh start telling the Peter Parker story from Captain America: Civil War.

You are correct though.

The Justice League that was supposedly their answer to the Avengers was a massive failure by all accounts and expectations.

DC comic books may be better but Marvel owns the Superhero genre by an Asgaardian Mile. And on Lockdown as well.

Sony not fox
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by balonaija(f): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2019
na wahala...
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by ivili(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2019
slyfoxxjoe:
a grown man being an Avengers fan is still sad. Though watching the movie is not quite as bad as collecting comic books.
Then what would you say about those who invented the comic books franchise.Voice overs for cartoons are earning a living, those that make the animation are earning, the western world have shown us that an economy of a country is not tied to being a Doctor, lawyer or oil worker. Even Dora the explorer (kids animation)is a bestseller among children animation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Afonja007: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2019
timesup234:
funny you. The whole hollywood income annually is less than 15billion dollars. Lagos economy is bigger than 18 states in America. Go and read about GDP PPP
grin grin grin grin richer then 18 American states with with what and what ?If those states should keep their states to look like Lagos then live large like tinubu with mc oluomo will you look for American visa?oga Lagos is not conducive for human to live

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by officialfestus(m): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2019
tuzle:
the movie by James Cameron not the cartoon
OK...
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by timesup234: 8:49am On Apr 30, 2019
Afonja007:
grin grin grin grin richer then 18 American states with with what and what ?If those states should keep their states to look like Lagos then live large like tinubu with mc oluomo will you look for American visa?oga Lagos is not conducive for human to live
We learn everyday and today I am going to open your eyes so you finally know how blind you are. Question number one- What is the nominal GDP of lagos state? The strength of economy globally is calcutated in nominally GDP while the standard of living in any given place is calculated per capita income. Now answer my question, before i proceed.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Greatzeus(m): 9:02am On Apr 30, 2019
Movies and Series lovers holla at your boy. Kindly check my signature
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by babatee90(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:
DC will do better than this. Don't ask me how... But DC Rules Forever grin

You can't compare 22 movies to 7 movies. Ask MARVEL how their first seven movies looked like undecided
Lmao you are kidding right??
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by franzis(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2019
Nothing interesting , special or different about the avengers Endgame even Avengers 3 was and still better than it .
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Dayomity(m): 9:34am On Apr 30, 2019
Game of throne any day. coolGame of throne any day.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by omograndma(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2019
starring:
Overrated boring movie..

THATS A BIG LIE

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Ozkar: 9:40am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:
DC will do better than this. Don't ask me how... But DC Rules Forever grin

You can't compare 22 movies to 7 movies. Ask MARVEL how their first seven movies looked like undecided
abeg eee! DC movies are mostly crap. They haven't made a great movie since 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Ozkar: 9:44am On Apr 30, 2019
tuzle:
What a record in just five days, what it took infinity wars 11 days to reach. I knew it will perform well, probably pass titanic, but it can never pass avatar, that film is legendary. I remember when I started reading comics, people who saw me back then make fun of me that at my age I still read comics, now the same people will queue to watch end game, please o, what is the difference?
avatar didn't make up to $3bn na. Why can Endgame not overtake it?

There are still many like me who are yet to do our own 'shut up and take my money' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Offpoint: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Sterope:
If you don't like superheroes' movies, superman is the least expected superhero I will expect you to like. I like him but he is a joke. He can do everything and his powers are unlimited. He sounds more cliche than other superheroes.

That's why he's called "SUPERMAN"

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Afonja007: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2019
timesup234:
We learn everyday and today I am going to open your eyes so you finally know how blind you are. Question number one- What is the nominal GDP of lagos state? The strength of economy globally is calcutated in nominally GDP while the standard of living in any given place is calculated per capita income. Now answer my question, before i proceed.
oga what is average salary of Lagos state worker ?before you start telling me about GDP of Lagos my question is this which of that 18 states in America that looks like Lagos?or you think every in western world fall from heaven ?no they spend money on everything You see there so where is Lagos own?before you will start telling me how Lagos is richer than Switzerland ,

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by tuzle(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2019
Ozkar:
avatar didn't make up to $3bn na. Why can Endgame not overtake it?

There are still many like me who are yet to do our own 'shut up and take my money' cheesy
avatar made $2.9 billion not because it was the best movie ever made but because of the technology used then, which was kind of new in the movie industry. Endgame has done nothing special so I doubt it will get to $2.9. Although I am kind of rooting for it too. Only a movie that Is out of this world and innovative can break that record

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 30, 2019
It would have been more astonishing if Marvel and Paramount pictures had come together and done a Avengers and Transformers combo where Optimus Prime and Bumble bee with other selected autobots would join in the fight to save the universe.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Ozkar: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2019
tuzle:
avatar made $2.9 billion not because it was the best movie ever made but because of the technology used then, which was kind of new in the movie industry. Endgame has done nothing special so I doubt it will get to $2.9. Although I am kind of rooting for it too. Only a movie that Is out of this world and innovative can break that record
it's all about the hype, man. Hype your movie enough before it is released and people would pay money to see if it's worth the hype.

Avatar benefited from some smart pre-release marketing. Besides the ahead-of-its-time effects, there was really nothing special about the movie. The storyline wasn't even entirely an original.

With the hype generated since Infinity Wars, I believe Endgame would reach $3bn. This debut record is just the beginning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by kushercain: 10:08am On Apr 30, 2019
Sterope:
If you don't like superheroes' movies, superman is the least expected superhero I will expect you to like. I like him but he is a joke. He can do everything and his powers are unlimited. He sounds more cliche than other superheroes.

Batman is the dopest
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2019
ivili:
Then what would you say about those who invented the comic books franchise.Voice overs for cartoons are earning a living, those that make the animation are earning, the western world have shown us that an economy of a country is not tied to being a Doctor, lawyer or oil worker. Even Dora the explorer (kids animation)is a bestseller among children animation.
those are professionals doing their job, nothing wrong with that. They are making content for Kiddies not for grown men.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by timesup234: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2019
Afonja007:
oga what is average salary of Lagos state worker ?before you start telling me about GDP of Lagos my question is this which of that 18 states in America that looks like Lagos?or you think every in western world fall from heaven ?no they spend money on everything You see there so where is Lagos own?before you will start telling me how Lagos is richer than Switzerland ,
Sorry dude your eye don already begin clear so I wont waste anymore time on you. Lagos economy in 2019 at over $140billion is bigger than the economy of 18 states in the United Stated and in another 15yrs will be bigger than 35 states in America. Humble yourself to learn what you dont know to avoid being disgraced in public
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by ajapz(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2019
Please go and continue with ur ZeeWorld and Televista, we don't want people like u to rate for us

starring:
Overrated boring movie..

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by nelszx: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2019
trapQ:
It's not our fault your low IQ couldn't absorb it's very essence.
But that's the truth, it was just an overhyped movie maybe because of the way the infinity wars ended (so every one wanted to see what'd happen would Thanos be killed, would those who vanished what were their fates).
TBVH, infinity wars is the best Avengers movie by far, every scene was a hit back to back. I prefer the Age of Ultron (Lokey) to this #endgame.
A movie with 2 hours of story and 43mins rare action is really overrated. I believe if Stan Lee was alive, this movie would have been more action packed like we saw on the other avengers.
Well it's a win-win for the Russo brothers, they don hammer.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by ajapz(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2019
"Firm" or "Film". If you can't spell common "Film", how will u tell if the film is actually sweet. angry angry

tulabh:
Firm wey no sweet
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by kushercain: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2019
Mulatta:

Avengers directors not director, are the Russo brothers
He meant marvel director. Josh Whedon directs guardians of the galaxy
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Ozkar: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2019
nelszx:

But that's the truth, it was just an overhyped movie maybe because of the way the infinity wars ended (so every one wanted to see what'd happen).
TBVH, infinity wars is the best Avengers movie by far, every scene was a hit back to back. I prefer the Age of Ultron (Lokey) to this #endgame.
A movie with 2 hours of story and 43mins rare action is really overrated. Well it's a win-win for the Russo brothers, they don hammer.
whaaaat! Age of Ultron? Seriously? Bros, na wa for you o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africans Loved Tiwa Savage's Performance At Global Citizen Festival / Pictures Of Goldie In Malaysia / Rita Dominic's Outfit To The 360nobs Dinner

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.