Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut (20739 Views)

Rema Shatters Records, Becomes First Nigerian Artist To Perform At Ballon D'or / Saxzy Signed By Kruz Records With A Duplex And 2 Cars (Photos) / Danny Young Slam Tiwa Savage & Mavin Records With 200 Million Naira Copyright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Fadedvoices2: 7:32am On Apr 30, 2019
trapQ:
It's not our fault your low IQ couldn't absorb it's very essence.

90% of your posts on this site are insults.

I believe a kid is behind this moniker

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BankyGee(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2019
Sanchez01:

I'm sure you saw the flop called 'Justice League'? Does it come as a shock to you that DC's top grossing movie is AQUAMAN with just $500M?

When it comes to movies and characters, CGI's, storylines and sound effects, give it to Marvel without argument and ask what is left.

They keep changing characters and have never stopped announcing who will play the next batman or Superman while Marvel have retained theirs, save Spiderman.

The day they decide to place Darkside in Thanos' shoes and make him go against the entire DC Universe would be the day I'd start believing DC is on the verge of resustication
Hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin... Go and do your research well brother. Justice League was flopped by Avengers director, Joss Whedon after he cut many scenes and turned a 2hr 45min movie to a 1hr 48min movie. Aquaman grossed $1.022B. And by the way, there's NO DC movie grossing less than $600M. Go and research brother.

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Lokoyen(m): 7:35am On Apr 30, 2019
ExcelDeBaron:

A film that made over 800 million dollars in profit is what you are asking if it made ROI undecided lipsrsealed

You Dey mind the boy!
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Lokoyen(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:

Hahahahahahaha... Go and do your research well brother. Aquaman grossed $1.022B. And by the way, there's NO DC movie grossing less than $600M. Go and research

You do ur research and give your credible link. DC for where?
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Yancy(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2019
Avengers!!! Assemble
Oh bobs, been watching the action scene from the beginning of the battle with Thanos especially when Captain America got a grip of the Mjornir. My only disappointment is i thought Captain Marvel would whoop the hell out of Thanos, Thor was largely underpowered. Tony Stark's death felt so real. Overall, fantastic movie!

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by hoopLA: 7:37am On Apr 30, 2019
Sanchez01:

I'm sure you saw the flop called 'Justice League'? Does it come as a shock to you that DC's top grossing movie is AQUAMAN with just $500M?

When it comes to movies and characters, CGI's, storylines and sound effects, give it to Marvel without argument and ask what is left.

They keep changing characters and have never stopped announcing who will play the next batman or Superman while Marvel have retained theirs, save Spiderman.

The day they decide to place Darkside in Thanos' shoes and make him go against the entire DC Universe would be the day I'd start believing DC is on the verge of resuscitation. DC is nowhere near Marvel, not even close!

The Spiderman change was done after Marvel Studios and Fox agreed for Spiderman to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
And Spiderman: Homecoming was actually a reboot, a fresh start telling the Peter Parker story from Captain America: Civil War.

You are correct though.

The Justice League that was supposedly their answer to the Avengers was a massive failure by all accounts and expectations.

DC comic books may be better but Marvel owns the Superhero genre by an Asgaardian Mile. And on Lockdown as well.

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BankyGee(m): 7:41am On Apr 30, 2019
Lokoyen:

You do ur research and give your credible link. DC for where?
Check IMDb cool
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by MrDojo(m): 7:41am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:

Hahahahahahaha... Go and do your research well brother. Aquaman grossed $1.022B. And by the way, there's NO DC movie grossing less than $600M. Go and research

Bro, after that comment you should have stopped arguing with them. It's obvious they don't know what they are saying. cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by sunkieisland(m): 7:42am On Apr 30, 2019
Marvel Cinematic universe have consistently broken box office records time and over again for super hero movies.

I'm pretty sure all the avengers movies broke some record on the BO on release.

MCU fan for life (Though I watch both studios)

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by DONADAMS(m): 7:42am On Apr 30, 2019
toprealman:
Just same way the bullied innocent viewers to go see AY's 30 days in Atlanta and his Trip to Jamaica movie. Both are at best far below average. Wack storyline!
lol..you're very right...but wack storyline?that one is even better. please have you seen chief daddy? you go almost cry.. Nigeria and hype
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BankyGee(m): 7:45am On Apr 30, 2019
MrDojo:

Bro, after that comment you should have stopped arguing with them. It's obvious they don't know what they are saying. cheesy grin
Abi, brother grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by hoopLA: 7:48am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:

1. I never mentioned SHAZAM
2. I said DC will do better than this... You can't compare 22 movies to 7 movies. So, just sit back, relax and watch how everything unfolds or you can go and ask MARVEL how their first 7 movies looked like. Don't comman be talking shit about $1.2bn after 22 movies.
Be honest with yourself.

By Marvel's 7th movie they already had box office smashes like Iron Man 1, 2 and 3, the Avengers.
Even subpar movies like the Incredible Hulk managed nearly $300 million at the box office. The first Thor movie made above $450 million. All before 2013.

What is DC doing? Going around half-baked stories and banking on the popularity of the characters alone to drive the movie, barring Aquaman and Wonder Woman. In spite of having the benefit of the blueprint set by Marvel for super hero flicks,

Guy, I grew up on mostly DC, but the truth is that they have a very long way to go to be better than Marvel if what we are seeing is a barometer.
Marvel owns the superhero genre. Unless they piss it away, it's hardly likely DC will overtake them on sheer strength alone.

Justice League and the two Superman movies were a torrid disgrace. Just the facts. Batman vs Superman was a pile of insufferable $hit that I never want to go near ever again. They can't even maintain continuity by keeping the same actors for the same lead characters, yet they want us to keep interest in their movies.

I daresay that Wonder Woman was driven by sexist pro-female agenda, and Aquaman apparently looks to be the best of all the movies. The rest (Shazam et al) are just subpar.

Besides, Marvel has been clocking the $1billion the Avengers in 2012. No be today. The Phase three Movies have made at least $800 million except Doctor Strange which did $667 million). Phase Three started from 2016. Let me not get to Black Panther and Infinity war.

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by chiboy1116: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2019
colossus91:

ruler.......dc that could not make shazam blow ........abeg bro make we hear ooooo
I swear , and Shazam was really good .
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BankyGee(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2019
hoopLA:

Be honest with yourself.

By Marvel's 7th movie they already had box office smashes like Iron Man 1, 2 and 3, the Avengers.
Even subpar movies like the Incredible Hulk managed nearly $300 million at the box office. The first Thor movie made above $450 million. All before 2013.

What is DC doing? Going around half-baked stories and banking on the popularity of the characters alone to drive the movie, barring Aquaman and Wonder Woman. In spite of having the benefit of the blueprint set by Marvel for super hero flicks,

Guy, I grew up on mostly DC, but the truth is that they have a very long way to go to be better than Marvel if what we are seeing is a barometer.
Marvel owns the superhero genre. Unless they piss it away, it's hardly likely DC will overtake them on sheer strength alone.

Yeah, check IMDb. All DCEU's 7 movies never grossed less than $600M.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by hoopLA: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:

Yeah, check IMDb. All DCEU's 7 movies never grossed less than $600M.

Lol.

What about the critical ratings of the movies? Most of those movies are $hit. And you know it. Aside from Wonder Woman and Aquaman, tell the truth, can you watch the rest of the movies all over again, and not say it was a waste of time?

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Kingkun69(m): 7:59am On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:
DC will do better than this. Don't ask me how... But DC Rules Forever grin

You can't compare 22 movies to 7 movies. Ask MARVEL how their first seven movies looked like undecided
at alllllllllll when it comes to movies and series marvel leaves DC in the dust DC is only better at comics and animations

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by poyet(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2019
Funny enough, I'm not tripped by all these science fictions. Too fake, guys! I want movies that are close to reality.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by tuzle(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2019
officialfestus:
avatar sha that cartoon sweet oh.... Still watching till date
the movie by James Cameron not the cartoon
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BankyGee(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2019
hoopLA:

Lol.

What about the critical ratings of the movies? Most of those movies are $hit. And you know it. Aside from Wonder Woman and Aquaman, tell the truth, can you watch the rest of the movies all over again, and not say it was a waste of time?
Telling the truth, yeah. I watched them time and time again without blinking... Once you hate something, you can never see the light in that thing even if the light is brighter than the sun. I'm a DC fan and I also like MARVEL, that's why I enjoy the movies from both universes. If I hate MARVEL the way you hate DC, I'll be seeing their movies exactly the same way you see DC's undecided

4 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Kingkun69(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2019
slyfoxxjoe:
Ok. Good for them. Not a fan of the whole thing so I don't understand the fuss. Super hero movies are generally wack. Except Superman.. I like Superman undecided
what is our own if you don't like u don't like are we going to drag you to cinema
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Sanchez01: 8:02am On Apr 30, 2019
hoopLA:

The Spiderman change was done after Marvel Studios and Fox agreed for Spiderman to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
And Spiderman: Homecoming was actually a reboot, a fresh start telling the Peter Parker story from Captain America: Civil War.

You are correct though.

The Justice League that was supposedly their answer to the Avengers was a massive failure by all accounts and expectations.

DC comic books may be better but Marvel owns the Superhero genre by an Asgaardian Mile. And on Lockdown as well.

Yeah, I know. The deal was a very bad one, to be fair. The Spiderman franchise should be fully controlled and owned by Marvel but they thought otherwise.

That Justice League was one horrible horror.

BankyGee, that was an error. But it still doesn't rule out the fact that DC is nowhere near Marvel. It doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Kingkun69(m): 8:07am On Apr 30, 2019
slyfoxxjoe:
a grown man being an Avengers fan is still sad. Though watching the movie is not quite as bad as collecting comic books.
rubbish it isn't anymore you think this is 2005 times have changed bro

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:11am On Apr 30, 2019
MrRichmond:

This is the most underrated comment.

Comic book readers are the REAL Champs here not these newbies who only know about the movies
You can't blame them, those things (comic books) died in the early 2000s.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Kingkun69(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2019
seborrhic:

I even still like watching cartoons.
Left alone I prefer watching cartoons than all Nigerian stations and these Korean and Indian series many Nigerians are addicted to.
asin I don't see the appeal in those Korean series apart from the fine babes but Indians hmm Zee world hook me small ooo

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Kingkun69(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
You can't blame them, those things (comic books) died in the early 2000s.
nah ppl still read them just online not dead atall
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BankyGee(m): 8:14am On Apr 30, 2019
Sanchez01:

Yeah, I know. The deal was a very bad one, to be fair. The Spiderman franchise should be fully controlled and owned by Marvel but they thought otherwise.

That Justice League was one horrible horror.

BankyGee, that was an error. But it still doesn't rule out the fact that DC is nowhere near Marvel. It doesn't.
That's why my comment on first page says:
DC WILL do better than this. I never said DC does better than this undecided
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by timesup234: 8:17am On Apr 30, 2019
Afonja007:
So avenger makes more money than Lagos in a week? American movie industry is bigger than Nigeria economy ,but you go hear Nigerians dey call some countries common that common this
funny you. The whole hollywood income annually is less than 15billion dollars. Lagos economy is bigger than 18 states in America. Go and read about GDP PPP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by skuribeebo: 8:17am On Apr 30, 2019
fidalgo19:
cry
No movie has ever been able to arouse me more than this film
movie arouse you? na blue film?
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by collitexnaira(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2019
I have watched it like three times since last weekend. And am still going to watch it again. The movie badhhh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IgbereTVAwards: Rita Daniels Emerges 'Nollywood Personality of the Year'(Photos) / Charly Boy Celebrates Lady D, His Wife As She Turns A Year Older / Pete Edochie At Alhamdulillah Champions Governor's Cup In Port Harcourt - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.