Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut (20751 Views)

Rema Shatters Records, Becomes First Nigerian Artist To Perform At Ballon D'or / Saxzy Signed By Kruz Records With A Duplex And 2 Cars (Photos) / Danny Young Slam Tiwa Savage & Mavin Records With 200 Million Naira Copyright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by nelszx: 10:33am On Apr 30, 2019
Ozkar:
whaaaat! Age of Ultron? Seriously? Bros, na wa for you o.
Bar Ant man, Captain Marvel and Spiderman who debuted in the movie. Baba I repeat, i prefer Age of Ultron to this #endgame (My personal opinion).
Stan Lee would have done better if not death. Why not continue the suspence on how infinity wars ended rather they rushed to kill thanos and going back time to prolong the duration of the movie.
P.S: if you haven't seen this movie, don't argue with me

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by tuzle(m): 10:39am On Apr 30, 2019
Ozkar:
it's all about the hype, man. Hype your movie enough before it is released and people would pay money to see if it's worth the hype.

Avatar benefited from some smart pre-release marketing. Besides the ahead-of-its-time effects, there was really nothing special about the movie. The storyline wasn't even entirely an original.

With the hype generated since Infinity Wars, I believe Endgame would reach $3bn. This debut record is just the beginning.
why endgame generated this much is because people are avoiding spoilers, but avatar was because of the 3d technology, let see it second week gross first before I take my stands
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Ozkar: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2019
nelszx:

Bar Ant man, Captain Marvel and Spiderman who debuted in the movie. Baba I repeat, i prefer Age of Ultron to this #endgame (My personal opinion).
Stan Lee would have done better if not death. Why not continue the suspence on how infinity wars ended rather they rushed to kill thanos and going back time to prolong the duration of the movie.
P.S: if you haven't seen this movie, don't argue with me
well, your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Hard to take seriously anyone who thinks Age of Ultron is better than Endgame.

Also, Spiderman didn't make his Avengers debut in Endgame. Not sure what you are talking about.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Mulatta(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2019
kushercain:

He meant marvel director. Josh Whedon directs guardians of the galaxy
Nope James gunn is the director of guardians of the galaxy.
Marvel has no overall director but president which is Kelvin feige

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Afonja007: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2019
timesup234:
Sorry dude your eye don already begin clear so I wont waste anymore time on you. Lagos economy in 2019 at over $140billion is bigger than the economy of 18 states in the United Stated and in another 15yrs will be bigger than 35 states in America. Humble yourself to learn what you dont know to avoid being disgraced in public
before your Dubai Lagos GDP will be bigger than that of America I hope you know Californian state GDP is bigger than that of Nigeria four times,if goverment should let all nigerian wharf back to service let me not say what will happen grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Simplecity(m): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2019
[sup][/sup]
fidalgo19:
cry
No movie has ever been able to arouse me more than this film
you are aroused! cool
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by ajapz(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2019
I don't know how the guy came about Lagos bigger than 18 states in the U.S, when one state like California is x4 that of Nigeria. That guy should learn to use Google

Afonja007:
before your Dubai Lagos GDP will be bigger than that of America I hope you know Californian state GDP is bigger than that of Nigeria four times,if goverment should let all nigerian wharf back to service let me not say what will happen grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by timesup234: 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Afonja007:
Young man, the United States has 16 states with a bigger gdp than the Nigerian economy, not only California, but you are changing it. I stand to be corrected. Lagos has a bigger gdp than 18 states in America.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by bennynaza(m): 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:
DC will do better than this. Don't ask me how... But DC Rules Forever grin

You can't compare 22 movies to 7 movies. Ask MARVEL how their first seven movies looked like undecided
How does marvel only have 7 movies? Ironman, Spiderman, black panther, Dr strange Capt America etc
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by toprealman: 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
DONADAMS:
lol..you're very right...but wack storyline?that one is even better. please have you seen chief daddy? you go almost cry.. Nigeria and hype
Oga ooo. Saw the "Triller"....cinema advert and cast. Told myself I will not fall for this silly ploy again....never.
Someone came with the movie in her flash drive. Not had the time yet to go all the way. With the little I've seen so far....menh.
Why bring such a full cast of "talented" people for such. I'm at the part were they have been assigned burial responsibility. I'm hoping for a detective line......let me wait Sha.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by timesup234: 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
ajapz:
I don't know how the guy came about Lagos bigger than 18 states in the U.S, when one state like California is x4 that of Nigeria. That guy should learn to use Google

go and do your research before jumping out of your body. California economy is even bigger than that of the UK, France, India, Italy, Canada,Spain, South Korea, Australia, Russia etc. Lagos has a state with a nominal gdp of over $140 is bigger than 18 states in America. When calculated at PPP which is even the accurate way to calculate the total economic output of a state it will be larger than almost 40 states in America. Call your economist professor and ask him. I am not talking about per capita income which is the living standard of citizens in a country
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Afonja007: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
ajapz:

don't mind him
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by nelszx: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
Ozkar:
well, your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Hard to take seriously anyone who thinks Age of Ultron is better than Endgame.

Also, Spiderman didn't make his Avengers debut in Endgame. Not sure what you are talking about.
The Spiderman part was a mistake cos he also vanished in the infinity wars
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by trapQ: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
I only insult misorgynists and other times people with very dumb opinions.
Fadedvoices2:

90% of your posts on this site are insults.

I believe a kid is behind this moniker
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by trapQ: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
Asgaardian mile....hahahaha
hoopLA:

The Spiderman change was done after Marvel Studios and Fox agreed for Spiderman to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
And Spiderman: Homecoming was actually a reboot, a fresh start telling the Peter Parker story from Captain America: Civil War.

You are correct though.

The Justice League that was supposedly their answer to the Avengers was a massive failure by all accounts and expectations.

DC comic books may be better but Marvel owns the Superhero genre by an Asgaardian Mile. And on Lockdown as well.

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by trapQ: 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Chief daddy is all about the hype? And my sis has been bugging me to see it.
DONADAMS:
lol..you're very right...but wack storyline?that one is even better. please have you seen chief daddy? you go almost cry.. Nigeria and hype
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by trapQ: 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hated Indian movies but recent started binge watching mehek and it's so damn interesting.
Kingkun69:
asin I don't see the appeal in those Korean series apart from the fine babes but Indians hmm Zee world hook me small ooo
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by trapQ: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
Are you kidding yourself? California gdp alone is almost bigger than that of the entire Africa.
timesup234:
funny you. The whole hollywood income annually is less than 15billion dollars. Lagos economy is bigger than 18 states in America. Go and read about GDP PPP
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by trapQ: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
Damn John wick will be mad....
Octopusssy:
I'm anticipating John Wick 3. That's the real deal for me
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by BankyGee(m): 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
bennynaza:

How does marvel only have 7 movies? Ironman, Spiderman, black panther, Dr strange Capt America etc
DC have 7 movies okay? Don't get confused.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by bewla(m): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
starring:
Overrated boring movie..
U hear the man above u

WAKANDA for ever

1 Like

Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by moonraker(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
the ending na die. come and see peoples fathers and mother crying...

The part that got to me was when Ms Potts was like, it ok, its time to rest...
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by titigenius: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
trapQ:
It's not our fault your low IQ couldn't absorb it's very essence.
EVIL!
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by colossus91(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2019
BankyGee:

1. I never mentioned SHAZAM
2. I said DC will do better than this... You can't compare 22 movies to 7 movies. So, just sit back, relax and watch how everything unfolds or you can go and ask MARVEL how their first 7 movies looked like. Don't comman be talking shit about $1.2bn after 22 movies.
ruler
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by DONADAMS(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
toprealman:
Oga ooo. Saw the "Triller"....cinema advert and cast. Told myself I will not fall for this silly ploy again....never.
Someone came with the movie in her flash drive. Not had the time yet to go all the way. With the little I've seen so far....menh.
Why bring such a full cast of "talented" people for such. I'm at the part were they have been assigned burial responsibility. I'm hoping for a detective line......let me wait Sha.
yes oh..they just assembled big stars for nothing..poor script writing..in fact the scripters should be seriously flogged...I should have waited for it to be online but I foolishly wasted my time and money to go see it in a cinema..I almost layed a curse on them.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by DONADAMS(m): 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
trapQ:
Chief daddy is all about the hype? And my sis has been bugging me to see it.
serious hype..they just featured stars. nothing more
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Laurene: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mulatta:

Avengers directors not director, are the Russo brothers
the first two avengers movie was directed by Joss Whedon
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by toprealman: 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
DONADAMS:
yes oh..they just assembled big stars for nothing..poor script writing..in fact the scripters should be seriously flogged...I should have waited for it to be online but I foolishly wasted my time and money to go see it in a cinema..I almost layed a curse on them.
cinema ke....na today. Bro I rather buy fuel, some kilos of chicken and enjoy free downloads inside the comfort of my house.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by myresearch: 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
phiszo:

I am sane

No
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by Chapence: 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
Get ready Avatar and Titanic, you're going down.
Re: Avengers Endgame Shatters Records With $1.2 Billion Debut by erons22(m): 2:07am On May 01, 2019
Go to Toxicwap.com to download the movie for those that havent watch it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dancer Sarah Calls Out Davido And Management Over Unpaid Fees / Simple English You Don’t Understand – Teddy A Mocks Fan / South Africans Loved Tiwa Savage's Performance At Global Citizen Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.