Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,046 members, 7,953,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures (7768 Views)

My Snail And Vegetable Backyard Garden / My Snail Farming Journey / Ecdysis: The Shedded Snake Skin I Found On My Farm With A Prominent Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 12:25am On May 06, 2019
Snail farming gets more interesting by the day when you study your snails and know exactly what to do and do it at the right time
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by bluke(m): 6:50am On May 06, 2019
rotybarry:

Sometimes quoting figures here could be misleading since we may be in different cities or location.
You can call or reach me on WhatsApp 08126678769

what is d problem with this platform.
share it or ......
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 7:03am On May 06, 2019
bluke:

what is d problem with this platform.
share it or ......

Galvanized 60k
Plastic 40k

1 Like

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 10:40am On May 06, 2019
Snails are amazing creatures, they learn too, they've quickly learnt how to climb up the pen at night and return to their hideouts early

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by dollyj1996(m): 3:43pm On May 06, 2019
rotybarry:
Snails are amazing creatures, they learn too, they've quickly learnt how to climb up the pen at night and return to their hideouts early
sir I have over 30 snails I picked from the bush I kept them inside tyres hope it won't have effect on their growth and I feed them with leaves
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 4:53pm On May 06, 2019
dollyj1996:
sir I have over 30 snails I picked from the bush I kept them inside tyres hope it won't have effect on their growth and I feed them with leaves

Although resent research discourages the use of tyres in snail farm because of some of the chemicals used in tyre

2 Likes

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by dollyj1996(m): 7:31pm On May 06, 2019
rotybarry:

Although resent research discourages the use of tyres in snail farm because of some of the chemicals used in tyre
okay sir what mini house do u suggest?
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 9:03pm On May 06, 2019
dollyj1996:
okay sir what mini house do u suggest?

You can do a cage with wood or blocks
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 1:29pm On May 08, 2019
The journey has been interesting so far, you'd need to see how the snails finished one full head of watermelon they were fed with in just one night

3 Likes

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 6:45am On May 10, 2019
Regular farm visit to check on them at morning and evening

1 Like

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by baldeagle: 1:12pm On May 10, 2019
Why is the roof not covered with non-transparent roofing sheet. Was this deliberate?
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by colossus2: 5:50pm On May 10, 2019
How durable is this pen?
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 2:35pm On May 11, 2019
baldeagle:
Why is the roof not covered with non-transparent roofing sheet. Was this deliberate?

Yes.....it is to allow for rainfall, mind you this is a semi intensive system and its part of what makes it semi intensive
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 2:36pm On May 11, 2019
colossus2:
How durable is this pen?

Our proposed lifespan of the pen is 2/3 years
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by Paulordiah(m): 8:47am On May 12, 2019
snail pen sprinkler system
we design, sell and install water sprinkling system to create the natural tropical rain forest environment for your snail
contact us @
olus irritec
08130378328 ( calls and WhatsApp)
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 4:12am On May 13, 2019
Still growing
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by Pidginwhisper: 3:33pm On May 14, 2019
Hi, I picked these snails up while weeding the plantain in the compound i presently reside, Although I've been seeing like 1 today and another the other day and I'd think they're just few. But i found out they're much more than i thought. Now my question is what specie are they and can they grow bigger than this as I've not seen any that grows beyond this stage as am looking to keep them Cc:baroba,rotybarry

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 11:58pm On May 15, 2019
A closer pix would help make it easy to identify them, so maybe you can snap just one or two closely, that will also help me answer the second part of your question.
Warm regards

Pidginwhisper:
Hi, I picked these snails up while weeding the plantain in the compound i presently reside, Although I've been seeing like 1 today and another the other day and I'd think they're just few. But i found out they're much more than i thought. Now my question is what specie are they and can they grow bigger than this as I've not seen any that grows beyond this stage as am looking to keep them Cc:baroba,rotybarry
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 7:14am On May 18, 2019
Our snails are fast growing and enjoying their housing

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 11:45am On May 18, 2019
Being Green is not just about buying 'eco'. It is an unshakable commitment to a sustainable lifestyle. Happy Weekend pixes loading
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by beright: 3:16pm On May 19, 2019
Am interested in snail rearing. Just recently had about it. Many people talk about AM speciai on the the net for commercial purposes but a friend adviced me to choose AA specie that its more lucrative for same commercial purpose. Reason is that the only advantage AM has iover AA s the size but in terms of quantity AA is more so u can count your gains from there. Am now confused on which one to go for. Can u please a advice? Thanks
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by Pidginwhisper: 6:22pm On May 19, 2019
rotybarry:
A closer pix would help make it easy to identify them, so maybe you can snap just one or two closely, that will also help me answer the second part of your question.
Warm regards

Here it is.

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 11:57pm On May 19, 2019
A.M is best for commercial, the size of your snails is the first point of attention and attraction.

beright:
Am interested in snail rearing. Just recently had about it. Many people talk about AM speciai on the the net for commercial purposes but a friend adviced me to choose AA specie that its more lucrative for same commercial purpose. Reason is that the only advantage AM has iover AA s the size but in terms of quantity AA is more so u can count your gains from there. Am now confused on which one to go for. Can u please a advice? Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 12:00am On May 20, 2019
It looks more like A. fulica

Pidginwhisper:
Here it is.
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 11:19pm On May 21, 2019
We're making progress
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by salt1: 5:14pm On May 23, 2019
rotybarry:

Then pen height is absolutely safe as all that was considered before construction. Please note also that this is a semi intensive system which makes it nearest to what happens in nature, as such, cementing wasn't done however the soil was conditioned before introducing the snails which makes it really difficult for such attacks also we carry out regular checks and routine operations which makes it absolutely safe and still organic

Please how was the soil conditioned? I want to do snail farming as a hobby

1 Like

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
salt1:

Please how was the soil conditioned? I want to do snail farming as a hobby

Most common means is Heat treatment
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Its time to lay and hatch....its season of production
Kindly contact me for your Snail meat....its natural, its safe, its best....08126678769

Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by Staro: 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
rotybarry:
It looks more like A. fulica

Yes, it's fulicas
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 6:34am On Jul 27, 2019
We're still your Best stop spot for Point of Lay for Snail Farmers and Table Size Snails for consumption
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by rotybarry: 8:45am On Aug 31, 2019
We're still in Business, feel free to contact us on your Snail Farming Business
Re: My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures by bikerboy1(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2019
Great job @rotyberry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Melange Catfish For Sell....lagos / Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. / Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.