Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt (42052 Views)

Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by brainhgeek(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2019
I bet a good percentage of the Nigerian population would return that money.
It isn't easy to run away with such knowing it must have been as a result of wrong transaction. If bank no hunt you, efcc will. They will Sha catch you somehow
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by frozen70(f): 5:16pm On May 03, 2019
That is expected of any body

If any careless money is paid into your account, you have to return it

If not, you will be arrested for not returning such money and you will still return the money and still face persecution

Anyway good move by the state government
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Klassiq54(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2019
why he no go return the money, na him own?
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by farem: 5:25pm On May 03, 2019
Davash222:

Reward for stupidity, rather.

Your own stupidity gets no rival. It's only a föol of your kind that can think that such money would not be discovered.

Either the man is honest, afraid or 'stupid', he has done the best thing in the circumstance
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Legendguru: 5:28pm On May 03, 2019
oh
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by pomar(m): 5:32pm On May 03, 2019
Davash222:

I will rather say u re d stupid one ere for the money can be easily traced and he z definitely gonna payback the money and probably lose his job. Now he got a car courtesy of his honesty which he can drive around without fear
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by fykes(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2019
BlackfireX:
This man is plainly stu.pid ....

If that car has fault can he buy the parts?
Thief spotted!
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Kingdominate(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2019
igbo amaka!!! afonja ajoka!!!
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by superpundit: 5:52pm On May 03, 2019
I dey laugh o. Nigerians are gullible. each time an account is mistakenly credited with huge amount, they praise the account owner for returning it. of course he will eventually be notified of the error and the money recovered. if he fails to return it early enough, then he might be suspected to be an accomplice in a corrupt act if especially it turns out that whoever that posted the money had a corrupt intention.
How one can know whether he is truly a honest man is if his account is mistakenly credited with 2k by the Delta State Government and he does everything possible to quickly return that money. then it will be worthy to reward him.
infact I suspect fowl play in the reward. I feel someone inside government actually had a plan to dash this guy a car and wanted to find justification for it. For God's sake, this is not a case of whistle blowing against a corrupt act. The government and the bank knows which account was credited in error. it is well o Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by nepapole(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2019
fasterwell:

And Jesus wept
Abi Jesus drank purewater
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Starz825(m): 6:05pm On May 03, 2019
Davash222:

There was no way he could run away with such amount..he be get bvn naw ..
Baba quickly turn in..now he owns free car
If to say he go japaa...he will never enjoy the money in peace...no be state government...Dem go find am..
He no go fit withdraw am sef...cos the amount go trigger bank to report to effcc..
So I see the car as divine blessings...no be say the man do anything special grin
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Gabson001(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2019
Your type are rare
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by oluwagr8nes(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2019
Gosh!

One state government should mistakenly pay such money in my account o!!!

Shele go shele!
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by iamjavadem(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2019
He has said anyone who criticizes him is a thief,so u r a thief.
BlackfireX:
This man is plainly stu.pid ....

If that car has fault can he buy the parts?
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Princeofasia: 6:56pm On May 03, 2019
and they give him a car that he wont be able to maintain or las las will kee him.
thank god my father no mumu like this cos na me for kill am my self
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by rottennaija(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2019
Davash222:

Which stupidity? If he didn't return it, the govt will still retrieve the money and he would lose the goodwill he is getting at the moment.
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by KingOpe: 7:29pm On May 03, 2019
dreamwords:

He can sell the car for 5 million

Yes o. Might even be more than depending on make.
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by rayobaba(m): 7:31pm On May 03, 2019
He did right.
Secondly, they will las las trace it to his account if he didn't inform them. Auditors will detect it.
Ignorance affects those suggesting he should have not returned the money.
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by mechanics(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2019
It pays to be good.
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 03, 2019
Mariangeles:
If he hadn't returned it, he still would've been caught .
Thankfully, he was rewarded for returning it . smiley
how and what happened to shopping online and relocating to another country thereafter undecided
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by blackgold2018(m): 8:18pm On May 03, 2019
eghuan1:
Call me anything you want.

If I were that guy, by the time the government realise what happened I would be half way round the planet. I will swear affidavit of change of name and disappear.

If he sells the car, it can't be more than 5m, where as with 3m he and his family will be out of this country
Thank you joor... I v bn waiting for this comment.
He can still be in Nigeria n not get caught.. if he's smart.
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by boomssey(f): 8:19pm On May 03, 2019
Now this is the type of reward am talking about not some stupid #500 for 25,000 abi how much sef?
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by okenwaa(m): 8:22pm On May 03, 2019
Bank manager go chop 10m then I'll use 43m to buy bitcoins and disappear into oblivion.
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Mariangeles(f): 9:14pm On May 03, 2019
NLModsAreStupud:
how and what happened to shopping online and relocating to another country thereafter undecided
He still would've been on the wanted list .
Now, who wants to be on the wanted list ?? undecided
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Growing(m): 9:24pm On May 03, 2019
I have heard a woman preaching in church and asking the congregation to pray that one politician will make a mistake and pay in money into their account. Congregation started praying on that. I did not even know how I felt while they were praying for that.

"Do to others what you want others to do unto you."

I don't think there is anybody here who wants his 10million to be spent by another person who finds it and thanks God for answered prayer.
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by dingbang(m): 9:34pm On May 03, 2019
Integrity is a key virtue. A good name is far better
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Unrated900(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2019
[quote author=BlackfireX post=78069434]This man is plainly stu.pid ....

If that car has fault can he buy the parts?[/quote

Before that car would have fault NKO

It's not tokunbo

It's a new car

And it can last 8 good years with no issues

Call the man to give you VIN
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by Tda1: 12:47am On May 04, 2019
tactius:

OK, if the bank sends your 20 million to my account by accident, hope you won't mind if I spend the money, following your wisdom

Well said. Humans are hypocrites and self centered
Re: Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt by willyjacs(m): 1:39am On May 04, 2019
Davash222:

he is a wise man for returning before he was asked.

the world is now a global network.... where is he running to with the money?
when they'll get ur account details nd ur informations will be everywhere.....u wan fight government?

atleast he nor do any business nd car of 5m plus enter him hand..... na better gain with rest of mind.
not the type of money he wouldn't be able to live a free nd normal life with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Do You Make Weekly Or Monthly, And How? / Meet 24 Nigerian Billionaires In Oil And Gas Industry / 6 Ways To Make Money In Nigeria This Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.