Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos (4208 Views)

Tinubu's Daughter Changes Twitter Bio To "The Iyaloja General Of Nigeria" / Reno Omokri: Tinubu's Lagos Walk Makes Obidient Rallies Look Like Child’s Play / Peter Obi’s Lagos Rally Vs Tinubu’s Lagos Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Westbestside: 12:41pm On May 05, 2019
wowcatty:
Yoruba don’t dictate how others run their affairs and I dare you to post a link where Yoruba protested what’s being done in other people’s land. If Kwara and Kogi were included in the sharia north, then Yorubaland carved to the north must be excluded. So, since Iyaloja has not been extended to igboland, there’s no basis for comparison here. Grow your region and do whatever you want with it and stop watching what Yoruba are doing with theirs. That your ancestors have messed up your lives is an understatement, but what your children won’t forgive you for is the Igbo tradition of depending on others to survive. As you can see, Nigeria is unsustainable and being held together with gun and bloodshed on burrowed time. You igbos have it coming and on panick mode.
99.9% of those Osus are vo yeur. Spit.
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MetaPhysical: 12:44pm On May 05, 2019
kafulka:

You could also wonder why dangote is building oil refinery in Lagos when he could convienentely built it in kano state, same as Mtn which is south Africa company

Business minded people spread their wings in order to make profits

Hope you are enlightened this time around

Dangote came to Lagos with investment. Mtn came to Lagos with investment.

Ibos come to Lagos with one nylon bag with all their world posessions stuffed in it....and he arrives broke!
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MONIKERREVEALER: 1:30pm On May 05, 2019
wowcatty:
Yoruba don’t dictate how others run their affairs and I dare you to post a link where Yoruba protested what’s being done in other people’s land. If Kwara and Kogi were included in the sharia north, then Yorubaland carved to the north must be excluded. So, since Iyaloja has not been extended to igboland, there’s no basis for comparison here. Grow your region and do whatever you want with it and stop watching what Yoruba are doing with theirs. That your ancestors have messed up your lives is an understatement, but what your children won’t forgive you for is the Igbo tradition of depending on others to survive. As you can see, Nigeria is unsustainable and being held together with gun and bloodshed on burrowed time. You igbos have it coming and on panick mode.

typical oyoruba coward!!!

look at what this clown wrote at the bolded portion of his crappy post and you will know how that the oyorubas have the greatest percentage of cowards of ALL the tribes in zoogeria!!!

these guys can never face up to we, the great igbos, without hiding behind the northerners which they always euphemistically use the code-word, nigeria, to represent.

why the oyorubas do not want to face us igbos in a man to man combat without a third party getting involved is what I have been trying to fathom ever since I was a kid!!!

they are always claiming that we igbos are "disrespectful of our hosts" and that we are "greedy usurpers biting more than we can chew" all the time yet, after all this time, they have yet to take the bull by the horns and take the required actions to get rid of us igbos from their wàsteside!!!

WHY!!!

all I can deduce to be the reason for this reticence on the part of the oyorubas is nothing else than cowardice!!!

oyoruba cowards should take the necessary action required and get rid of we, the great pesky igbos, from your wàstelands because we are going to keep tormenting you cowards for bringing us back to the wàstelands even after we had left you guys in peace in the sixties and went back to the east!!!

you cowards teamed up with the almàjiris and fought to bring us back to the shiithole!!! so cry us a river because y'all gonna pay what you owe!!!

stop hiding behind the northerners and bring it on against we, the great igbos, right now!!!

COWARDS!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MetaPhysical: 1:42pm On May 05, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:

look at what this clown wrote at the bolded portion of his crappy post and you will know how that the oyorubas have the greatest percentage of cowards of ALL the tribes in zoogeria!!!

these guys can never face up to we, the great igbos, without hiding behind the northerners which they always euphemistically use the code-word, nigeria, to represent.

why the oyorubas do not want to face us igbos in a man to man combat without a third party getting involved is what I have been trying to fathom ever since I was a kid!!!

they are always claiming that we igbos are "disrespectful of our hosts" and that we are "greedy usurpers biting more than we can chew" all the time yet, after all this time, they have yet to take the bull by the horns and take the required actions to get rid of us igbos from their wàsteside!!!

WHY!!!

all I can deduce to be the reason for this reticence on the part of the oyorubas is nothing else than cowardice!!!

oyoruba cowards should take the necessary action required and get rid of we, the great pesky igbos, from your wàstelands because we are going to keep tormenting you cowards for bringing us back to the wàstelands even after we had left you guys in peace in the sixties and went back to the east!!!

you cowards teamed up with the almàjiris and fought to bring us back to the shiithole!!! so cry us a river because y'all gonna pay what you owe!!!

stop hiding behind the northerners and bring it on against we, the great igbos, right now!!!

COWARDS!!!

Just one man named Musiliu, a Yoruba moslem, an Afonja, a head slammer.....he entered into Oshodi and all "we the great Igbos" , in our thousands in Oshodi cried to the entire world to come to our rescue. grin

Imagine if Yoruba entered SE. grin

In fact we did....in 1967, left in 1970, the biggest, baddest, greatest Igbo had turned his back and fled on hearing we were nearby.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Chinablack: 2:00pm On May 05, 2019
luvmijeje:

What's repressive about it? I'll list 5 benefits of that system of government that I saw with my eyes. I was managing a shop that deals with costume jewelries.

1. There was a time we had issues of electricity in Tejuosho, we reported to Iyaoloja, who on our behalf fight for us and within 48 hrs the issue was a resolved.

2. We also had issues of area boys coming to task us and our customers, we reported to Iyaoloja that we are already paying tax so why should we should we pay extra to the area boys. That same week Iyaoloja brought police to arrest them.

3. We had issues of payment of toilet facilities. We are like how can we be paying for toilet facilities when we are already paying for rent. And they explained that if there was no charges, the toilet facilities will be misused. They were still on that issue till I left there.

4. There are other categories of traders who don't have standard shop but space, they complained the money they are paying for space is too much. In
my present the money payed was reduced.

5. We had issues of traders fighting each other and constituting nuisance in the market space. They were reported and their shops were locked up till they pay the require fine.

So why are Igbos not contented with these?

you asked a question, why are igbos not contented with these, answer : they already have market leaders in place elected through their associations, and will never accept leadership of someone who is not a stake holder in the market, someone that didn't pass through electoral process, for example the case of ladipo market, you saw how babaloja there was rejected, those good things you mentioned about babaloja are good, but igbos would like them come from the government not babaloja.
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Chinablack: 2:11pm On May 05, 2019
wowcatty:
imposing a leadership of any kind on people in this 21st century is dictatorship, even a foreigner in Nigeria has his right that can never be violated by anybody including the government, please don't violate the rights of igbos even if they are foreigners. I know you're a kid during sharia crisis, yes yoruba leaders protested strongly against it, obasanjo said it was unconstitutional, wole Soyinka was so mad about it, both religious and traditional leaders in yorubaland were totally against it. search about shiaria opposition in Nigeria even goggle will help you
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Chinablack: 2:14pm On May 05, 2019
Westbestside:
Zombie , which Yoruba, what concerns Yoruba with happening in other regions. Na my hand them go cut. Go and tell Indonesia not to put death sentence on drug dealer na

Just as the law in your region doesn't affect Yoruba abi
this place is not a classroom
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by luvmijeje(f): 2:33pm On May 05, 2019
Chinablack:
you asked a question, why are igbos not contented with these, answer : they already have market leaders in place elected through their associations, and will never accept leadership of someone who is not a stake holder in the market, someone that didn't pass through electoral process, for example the case of ladipo market, you saw how babaloja there was rejected, those good things you mentioned about babaloja are good, but igbos would like them come from the government not babaloja.

I know you are not interested in just doing business. You are also interested in power. I'm only explaining to those who don't know that what happening and what will happen between Igbos and Yoruba is because of power. The power over Lagos.

Your hunger for power is stirring the hornet nest. So I wish you best of luck in your struggle.
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by luvmijeje(f): 2:39pm On May 05, 2019
teufelein:

Anakogheri....wich kind allah created dis type of people. di isi oji. Dark Devils.

Olorun a ba ti e je. Welcome to the politics of the West.

1 Like

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MONIKERREVEALER: 3:05pm On May 05, 2019
no sweat. e no far again. make we, the great igbos, first detach ourselves from the zoo. then, we go meet face to face. see YOU soon...

MetaPhysical:

[s] Just one man named Musiliu, a Yoruba moslem, an Afonja, a head slammer.....he entered into Oshodi and all "we the great Igbos" , in our thousands in Oshodi cried to the entire world to come to our rescue. grin

Imagine if Yoruba entered SE. grin

In fact we did....in 1967, left in 1970, the biggest, baddest, greatest Igbo had turned his back and fled on hearing we were nearby. [/s]
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Chinablack: 3:20pm On May 05, 2019
[quote author=luvmijeje post=78123993]

I know you are not interested in just doing business. You are also interested in power. I'm only explaining to those who don't know that what happening and what will happen between Igbos and Yoruba is because of power. The power over Lagos.

Your hunger for power is stirring the hornet nest. So I wish you best of luck in your struggle. it's like you're forcing igbo man to be his leader in the market they purchased, built, paid land fee, rent and taxes to the government with their hard-earned. if I may ask you, do you have intention of burning their shops in night because these things have happened in the past, while being such an intruder
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Chinablack: 3:39pm On May 05, 2019
luvmijeje:

Your hunger for power is stirring the hornet nest. So I wish you best of luck in your struggle.
when I was living in cameroon, the government there built so many markets currently dominated by igbos, yet I didn't see this kind of thing there. since you love babaloja practice, tell the governors in the southwest to build many rent and taxe free markets.any igbo that come the to trade there will have no option than abide by the leadership and dictates of your babaloja, not when an igbo man use his hard-earned money to acquire land, building market and renting a shop, somebody will come from nowhere to reap where he did not sow. it won't work please we pay taxes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by luvmijeje(f): 3:45pm On May 05, 2019
Chinablack:
when I was living in cameroon, the government there built so many markets currently dominated by igbos, yet I didn't this kind thing there. since you love babaloja practice, tell the governors in the southwest to build many free markets.any igbo that come the to trade will have no option than abide by the dictate of your babaloja, not when an igbo man use his hard-earned money to acquire land and build market, renting a shop someone will come from somewhere to reap where he did not sow. it won't work please we pay taxes
I hope you know you that there's a different between shop and market, so which market did Igbos buy with their hard earn money in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by gbolah1(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2019
I will like to correct so many people statement on this topic, firstly shoprite is own by corporate organisation, while market like tejuosho,idumota,computer village, ladipo, etc are own by different individuals, whereby there is need to have a head to represent them n coordinate the activities of the market.

capitalzero:

is lagos a local govt? is ikeja part of lagos island? is folashade ojo-tinubu iyaloja of lagos island or lagos state?
are Lebaneses an indigenous people in Nigeria?
which is supreme constitution or yoruba tradition?
you see my friend. I am a core yoruba man but I hate injustice and man-made culture that is not consistent with modern reality. can you tell me who is iyaloja of shoprite ? is shoprite not a market? in African history, traditional titles are created to collect royalties,levies or taxes from subjects in a domain being by a king or high chief. now in modern era, some still want to be collecting free money from traders through outdated traditions while still paying taxes and levies to government.
tinubu-ojo cannot control markets in all parts of lagos just as iyaloja of ife cannot control markets in ede or osogbo.
which state are you from?
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Westbestside: 4:25pm On May 05, 2019
[s]
MONIKERREVEALER:

WHY!!!

COWARDS!!!
[/s]Emotional ranting from COWARD that his race never recorded victory in any war before.

1 Like

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by kafulka(m): 5:15pm On May 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Dangote came to Lagos with investment. Mtn came to Lagos with investment.

Ibos come to Lagos with one nylon bag with all their world posessions stuffed in it....and he arrives broke!

Last time I checked 99% of the materials Igbo's are selling are not local sourced, they travels to different parts of the world to bring their consignment to the country and this is why they dominate the economy including that of Lagos state

Metaphysical don't allow me to invite one of your nemeses from the north..

grin grin grin
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by Westbestside: 6:04pm On May 05, 2019
Chinablack:
this place is not a classroom
I thought it is a toilet na
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by MetaPhysical: 6:34pm On May 05, 2019
kafulka:

Last time I checked 99% of the materials Igbo's are selling are not local sourced, they travels to different parts of the world to bring their consignment to the country and this is why they dominate the economy including that of Lagos state

Metaphysical don't allow me to invite one of your nemeses from the north..

grin grin grin

I said you arrive Yorubaland penniless with one nylonbag in hand, everything in your name is in that nylonbag and its usually trendy stuffs back in village but to us in Lagos its trash. You cannot compare a scruffy looking starving Ibo that came to Lagos to open eye with Dangote whose background is wealth and or mtn an already successful company in SA before entering Nigerian market.

Align yourself properly and humble yourself before i humble you. Dangote is no mate to any Ibo. He has enough wealth to re-enslave your entire land to Ijaw and Igala even in these modern times. He is far far out of your league. Accept who you are, Ibos are deficient, period! Yoruba open your eyes and enrich your means. You cant be successful alone without reference to Yorubaland. All your great heroes past were educated in Ibadan, your modern heroes are educated in Lagos. Your moneybags come poor and get trained in Lagos. Your politicians were mentored in Lagos.

Shut up where Yoruba is and stop comparing yourself with Yoruba or Hausa. You are the most deficient group in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 7:00pm On May 05, 2019
Right now, a Sovereign National Disintegration would be most welcome now, honestly...if it failed then bloody Revolution which will advertedly bring the best result we have been longing for so long; many Independent Ethnic Nations.
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 7:13pm On May 05, 2019
Let us be serious.......

12 states of the North adopted a state religion in the early 2000s (starting with Zamfara state) in brazen contravention of the Constitution that clearly provides that Nigeria is a secular state. Amongst other acts done to implement Sharia, the states went ahead to create a religious police that are unconstitutionally empowered to enforce religious laws and trample on the fundamental rights of citizens. By so doing they created two parallel legal systems: the Nigerian legal system created by the Constitution and the Shari'a legal system of Islam. What else is islamisation?

Currently, the north is not bound by the Constitution. Let's say they are only bound to the extent that it doesn't conflict with Islam. The Constitution preaches a separation of 'Church' and state but the north is operating a legal system that fuses both. This is because Islam is a religion as well as a political order with a very elaborate legal system that governs all aspects of human conduct. Therefore, for a person to be a Muslim properly so called, his first allegiance must be to Islamic precepts which are believed to be inspired by God and by that very fact, elevated above every man-made laws. This creates a situation whereby the Constitution is being cherry-picked; the parts that align with Islam are observed and the parts that conflict with it are being severed and rendered inapplicable to Muslims. This is also why some Bills are rejected in the National Assembly once they conflict with any part of Shari'a.

Ordinarily, I should have no problem with how a people seek to be governed and what legal system they put in place to achieve that end. However, if we all agree that Nigeria should be one 'indivisible and indissoluble sovereign state' governed by one constitution then we should not pay lip service to the said Constitution. We should not uphold the Constitution when it suits us, just like we would uphold the assignment of the ownership of the oil in Niger Delta to the FG to fund the operations of both northern and southern states in line with section 44(3) of the Constitution; support the crushing of Biafra rebellion pursuant to Section 2(1); then in a sudden twist we jettison the clear provisions of section 10 (secular status of Nigeria) and Section 1(1) (Supremacy of the Constitution) and tag them inapplicable for conflicting with Islam. Are some regions more bound to the Constitution than others?

A constitution of a country is called the grundnorm because it embodies the basic principles and ideals on which a country is built and governed. It is not only a highly important document but it commands sacrosanctity. The constitution of a state is inviolable and obedience to it is non-negotiable. Whenever the Constitution can be breached and trounced at will, then it becomes a joke that is not worthy of its name. The Nigerian Constitution is a joke unworthy of its name. It is not even autochthonous in the first place. Perhaps its problem stems from this very fact but then the south complies with it despite its imperfections why not the north?

If this is not a confederal system, why should the north be allowed to adopt a legal system that subverts our federalism and brazingly undermines the corporate existence of Nigeria? Is it not hightime we had a sincere discussion on the fundamentals guiding this union so that we will stop living this lie?

Which way British Zoo/Nigeria?
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by kafulka(m): 8:13pm On May 05, 2019
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by kafulka(m): 8:18pm On May 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I said you arrive Yorubaland penniless with one nylonbag in hand, everything in your name is in that nylonbag and its usually trendy stuffs back in village but to us in Lagos its trash. You cannot compare a scruffy looking starving Ibo that came to Lagos to open eye with Dangote whose background is wealth and or mtn an already successful company in SA before entering Nigerian market.

Align yourself properly and humble yourself before i humble you. Dangote is no mate to any Ibo. He has enough wealth to re-enslave your entire land to Ijaw and Igala even in these modern times. He is far far out of your league. Accept who you are, Ibos are deficient, period! Yoruba open your eyes and enrich your means. You cant be successful alone without reference to Yorubaland. All your great heroes past were educated in Ibadan, your modern heroes are educated in Lagos. Your moneybags come poor and get trained in Lagos. Your politicians were mentored in Lagos.

Shut up where Yoruba is and stop comparing yourself with Yoruba or Hausa. You are the most deficient group in Nigeria.
So said from one broke nigga from ogbomoso with internet access using Dangote who got enriched with currupt government patronage as a reference
grin grin
Re: The 1999 Constitution And The Iyaloja Of Tinubu's Lagos by teufelein(f): 6:48am On May 06, 2019
"The Federation of Nigeria collapsed in 1966. The Fulani caliphate seized it’s carcass after killing 3.5 million easterners between 1967-1970 and imposed the 1979 unitary constitution which it revived in 1999. Seizing power in 2015 the Caliphate is now on a CONQUEST mission to wipe out the indigenous peoples so as to own Nigeria 100%". -Nnadi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good News For Electricity Consumers In Nigeria / Queen Elizabeth, Obi Of Onitsha And Zik In 1956 Met In Onitsha: Pictures / And Peter Obi Stops Mourning! Check His New Dress .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.