Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1167666 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Kokomo: 7:56pm On May 31, 2020
Googlemechanic:

You miraculously edited your post about the Broken C.V axle? And car being towed to a workshop? bro code?

Well in your case the CV axle did not break because the vehicle was removed from the container. It is very common in rusted vehicles for the axles to break due to rust usually around rubber covering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy43rntdb8s

ehnnnn which be that...? when did I say I have a broken cv axle oh..lol
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2020
amdman:
Closed Deal!

2007 Pontiac Vibe
See as inside exhaust clean like whistle
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Googlemechanic: 8:10pm On May 31, 2020
Kokomo:

ehnnnn which be that...? when did I say I have a broken cv axle oh..lol

Thread is archived. Do I screenshot or do you accept?

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Gentlelife50(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2020
Born2conquer:
broke people buying TOKUNBO cars be expecting it to be like NEW CAR grin

I am buying a car from amdman and i am keeping enough money for finishing, pimping and servicing when it has landed.

One of the reasons why I don’t like doing businesses with Nigerians

They don’t remember the good days when things go sour
That it is it ooo, come to the Port and see a lot of cars that won't start meanwhile these are car that were driven to the Port over there, a lot of things can happen while the car is being shipped.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Kokomo: 8:28pm On May 31, 2020
amdman:
Closed Deal!

2007 Pontiac Vibe

Omo see as sun be,,, so beautiful

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Acidosis(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2020
LeJeun3:

Once you refund someone the pain goes away....

Learnt something new!

Sorry works the same way too I guess!

For a bad car?? A refund will certainly give me joy.

You guys are acting like you don't understand how business works. Any businessman that offers you a full refund on a supposed bad deal should be 'commended.'

You don't easily get such opportunities on Jumia, Konga, and other structured organizations. When you do, be rest assured you're losing more than 30% of your capital.

Other places like Alibaba will offer you a replacement or refund only after many weeks or months.

Reviews are important, whether bad or good so I won't even try to silence the 'complainant.' There are bad reviews everywhere online, from your bank's social media handle to your favourite e-commerce website, and so on. The complainant won't be the last to present a bad review as a matter of fact.

The ability of individual buyers to use their discretion when analyzing these reviews is the most important factor. While some bad reviews about a seller are ill-constructed, others are not.

For someone that calls a seller a fraudster and then refuses to accept a refund, I would say her review is ill-constructed. That's my personal opinion.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by LeJeun3: 9:03pm On May 31, 2020
Acidosis:

You guys are acting like you don't understand how business works. Any businessman that offers you a full refund on a supposed bad deal should be 'commended.'

You don't easily get such opportunities on Jumia, Konga, and other structured organizations. When you do, be rest assured you're losing more than 30% of your capital.

Other places like Alibaba will offer you a replacement or refund only after many weeks or months.

Reviews are important, whether bad or good so I won't even try to silence the 'complainant.' There are bad reviews everywhere online, from your bank's social media handle to your favourite e-commerce website, and so on. The complainant won't be the last to present a bad review as a matter of fact.

The ability of individual buyers to use their discretion when analyzing these reviews is the most important factor. While some bad reviews about a seller are ill-constructed, others are not.

For someone that calls a seller a fraudster and then refuses to accept a refund, I would say her review is ill-constructed. That's my personal opinion.

I agree with you, I totally agree with the bolded.

I was just trying to point out that the way we process "grief" is different....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Gentlelife50(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2020
Alfred74:

Do not use your business account in this manner.

Friendly advice.
This explains the reason we are seeing a lot new Monicas
grin

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dammiecool(m): 9:17pm On May 31, 2020
Acidosis:

she's already in love with the ride grin with a lot of emotional attachment in just few dayz wink

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Philadelphia: 9:40pm On May 31, 2020
Daum:

Anty I hope you are not angry again
You know I don't like it when you're angry and not smiling. Oya smile small for us na... Fine anty Codyella...will u eat barbecue, its fish. I don't eat snake like LaLa

Na ground you dey take dey eat?

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Philadelphia: 9:41pm On May 31, 2020
Newbreed2018:
Choi! This one na chop and lick mouth.

Codyella say something cheesy

Chop and lick mouth for food wey dem serve for ground? undecided

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by intruder15(m): 10:29pm On May 31, 2020
davillian:

I have a brother in Germany not a car dealer but he has experience on cars...
When even I need a car I pay he buys and ship for me without adding a penny and he makes sure he gets the best for me....

The last car he shipped
He told me no issues that he drove the car himself, did all checks before he shipped the Car....
Gbam the car came but refuse to start and it was late thought it was battery we called some battery guys to help with battery etc,
Based on experience ive written my name on the battery when the car could not start the battery guys have to leave but they have changed my battery I just laughed called him back asked him to drop the batteries he has and I checked saw mine and picked it without him saying a word....
Next day mechanic came found out fuel pump was bad
Bought another one fixed it
Gbam fan works and stops
We manage am reach house
Fix the fan gear wasn't shifting well
But it only needed just minor adjustment....

The thing here my bro has bought lots of car that once cleared you can take it to any place in Nigerian right from the port....

These things are machines and can develop fault anytime...
Sometimes you lucky no issues pops up sometimes you fix things....
Na second hand cars no be say na new one....

Why are cars in Canada cheaper compared to cars in Germany my bro could not answer this question..

Well, with respect to the reason why cars in a country may be cheaper when compared to other countries should be as a result of their standards. Some countries phase out cars earlier than others. E.g, Japan may have a policy not to allow cars older than 10 years to be driven in the country while for another country, it may be 15 years. Meaning the scrap value of a 2009 car in Japan will be lesser than the scrap value of the same car in another developed country. Other factors may include the country's revaluation policies.

Oyibo good o. E no be like here whe cars of 1997 still de road

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by unikazzy(m): 11:18pm On May 31, 2020
Alfred74:

Do not use your business account in this manner.

Friendly advice.
Ok.....Thank u

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by danchuzzy(m): 12:34am On Jun 01, 2020
intruder15:

Well, with respect to the reason why cars in a country may be cheaper when compared to other countries should be as a result of their standards. Some countries phase out cars earlier than others. E.g, Japan may have a policy not to allow cars older than 10 years to be driven in the country while for another country, it may be 15 years. Meaning the scrap value of a 2009 car in Japan will be lesser than the scrap value of the same car in another developed country. Other factors may include the country's revaluation policies.

Are you saying no 1997 cars on "oyibo" roads?

Reason am well bros.

E make sense?

If no, e get why.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by bigx(m): 3:04am On Jun 01, 2020
1960 cars are still in use in the US.
What are you on about?

A well maintained car can be used forever.

intruder15:

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Daum: 6:37am On Jun 01, 2020
Philadelphia:

Na ground you dey take dey eat?

I be get oooo
But all of una don break my chair and table na because of matter when I say make dem settle for my house since Onitsha too far. Anyways sha....it's for the family

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by davillian(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2020
intruder15:

Thanks
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2020
davillian:

Thanks

Cars are cheaper in different countries because of demand, transportation, tariffs and currency strength.

demand
Mercedes are cheap in Germany but asian cars are expensive, large SUVs are harder to get in Europe, compact cars are not popular in southern USA but they are in India, etc. Volvos are looked down on in Nigeria but incredibly popular in Europe.

Transportation and tariffs
Let's look the US trade war with China. Trump imposed tariffs and car prices went up because the manufacturers passed it on to the consumers. In Nigeria, cars are expensive because of exorbitant import taxes and tariffs.
American cars are cheap at home but status symbols in Europe and Asia

Currency strength
I think this is self explanatory

As for the Canada-Germany question, Canada gets a lot of American cars which are cheap because low transportation and tariffs. Europe also has much stricter emission and safety regulations than Canada and the USA.

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dgitrader(m): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2020
Peace is restored on this thread now. Me and my guys right now!

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Philadelphia: 11:50am On Jun 01, 2020
Daum:

I be get oooo
But all of una don break my chair and table na because of matter when I say make dem settle for my house since Onitsha too far. Anyways sha....it's for the family

No worry, God go make you bigger.

Na June we dey na so just watch and see what's gonna happen.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by intruder15(m): 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
danchuzzy:

Are you saying no 1997 cars on "oyibo" roads?

Reason am well bros.

E make sense?

If no, e get why.

I am responsible for what I say. You are responsible for what you understand.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by intruder15(m): 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
bigx:
1960 cars are still in use in the US.
What are you on about?

A well maintained car can be used forever.

We both know that Nigeria suck at maintenance. Discrimination and social status affects what we drive here. Oyibo gave u Android phones. But they still use 3310 and flip phones over there. If u hold a flip phone here, ur friends will call u all sort of names. A well maintained car can be used forever. True. But that's relative.

10 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by ehissi(m): 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
DAramis:
Choice of words matters alot. People have repeatedly asked her to drop the information on things she spent those money on.

This would enable the Op to tackle the issue from the perspective she was coming from but it has not been done. Also, the filter issue is a dicey situation. I don't think a mechanic would sacrifice a regular job prospect from op over a filter that is worth less than one thousand. He would simply lose on the long run.

As for the battery issue, I have no comment on that. No idea how things works but few intelligent people has also said that it is obtainable to experience such due to the car being idle all this while.

Hope the mechanic she gave the car to is not giving her fictitious bill in the name of changing some parts of the car while in the actual sense, he or she didn't change anything whatsoever.

In summary, Madam should table all the expenses she has done in a logical manner in order to enable people know how things stands

The people who make such sacrifices don't think either...

Who would have thought that Oliverjiad will sacrifice the prospect or possibility of clearing every single car ordered from Amdman to Nigeria, by dubiously trying to extort him on just one container........but he did.

A woman paid for something, didn't like what she got, talked to him via whatsapp, he didn't respond right away, she spooked and is saying stuff............ some fellas here are attacking her.

Trust issues and earning of trust in deals like this is sacred. I know how many "super stories", of people who paid deposits upfront for deals that went sour and were called fools later.

She is upset, she is upset, let them have a chat and resolve it. She herself said she opened up about it when she felt he was acting funny.

It's a simple matter of trust. "Sorry Madam for the unfortunate experience, can we talk about what is going on so I can find out what went wrong.", that alone does it.

But accusing her of blackmail when you haven't even heard fully from her is low...........there are better ways to address issues......

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by DAramis: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
ehissi:

But accusing her of blackmail when you haven't even heard fully from her is low...........there are better ways to address issues......

This issue has been overflogged and it would not be good to wake up a dead horse just to exact a punishment.

As regards your statement on bold, sorry to bust your bubble, I have always been objective in my writeup. I never sided with either of them to the best of my knowledge.

Please, try and go through all my comments regarding to this and you would notice that I tried as much as possible to be objective rather than subjective.

Do have a pleasant day and week ahead.
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by timifakay(m): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
drakeskull:
@Codyella, you said you worked on the compressor, hope you collected the old one if changed at all. You need to know that before cars are shipped, the AC gas is always removed from compressor. This is mandatory for all cars shipped. Probably kazeem doesn't know this and bad mouthed the original compressor

drakeskull:

I won't banter you cos even warriors put their spears down on Sundays. You're just another road side kazeem that specializes in Micra in Ibadan, probably in Molete. I've imported 11 cars between Jan and now and I put it to you again that refrigerants has to and was removed before shipping.
If I tell you HAZMAT products e.g perfumes are also moved by road in USA and not by air, ignoramus like you go still raise dusts.

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dongc(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Newbreed2018:
Woman...many of ur type have tried in the past ably led by my friend GAZZUZZ and Oliverjiad but failed so I'm just surprised how u think u can succeed in destroying a reputation built with hardwork over the years.

U talked about a video u sent him showing u r not poor but living large, yet u chose the hard way to save cost. Lol.

Woman, just return back to those who sent u, tell them say u no succeed.

Nansense!

Just shut up....she bought a car..she has every right to state her review...this is her opinion/review based on activities that went with it..she stated her review based on
Emotions and i feel for her....why can you have yours and she can't

She is not here to tarnish amdman...all of you saying she should take the refund because he offered it.. it is kind gesture for him to offer it but again.. she paid and waited months and now had to spend more to fix it... are you people so heartless not to atleast understand her ?? Some say what is 25k...why not send it to her ??

20 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dongc(m): 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
hebuli:

I actually empatize you regarding the car being below your expectations, but at this point I can say you've been saying only half-truths all this while.

You posted a pic of a filter which still proves nothing. I was silent on that because you and amdman were sort of in agreement on that and he said will get back to you on it.

At least substantiate your 100k repairs. Still no.

: The video I sent you shows a mechanic working on the car in my garage. So don't play dumb.

You know what, I'm done. You can say whatever you want but the truth prevails. Thank you for everything.

: This again is inaccurate. There is no such video showing any mechanic working on your car.

Please permit us to publish our communication today.

She owe you Nothing...dont you get it ?? She does not have to prove anything to you...

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Born2conquer: 6:47am On Jun 02, 2020
intruder15:

We both know that Nigeria suck at maintenance. Discrimination and social status affects what we drive here. Oyibo gave u Android phones. But they still use 3310 and flip phones over there. If u hold a flip phone here, ur friends will call u all sort of names. A well maintained car can be used forever. True. But that's relative.
Which oyinbo dey use flip phone?

Abegiiii

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by odimbannamdi(m): 8:57am On Jun 02, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
it would be slightly difficult but let me let you in on this,go to jiji and check. set your location to Lekki you will see good ones from the direct source so you no wan make middle men chop before abi because of 50k, God dey oooooooo.

U get sympathy, na why you dey collect 50k as middleman. I have seen a middleman make 500k on a Benz deal right in my very before.

Thats why i also hate to buy through middlemen. Even if i see a car sales post on Nairaland, i first ask if the nairalander is the direct owner, then i check his past posts, if they are mostly related to car sales, then he is definitely a middleman and i cut out at least 200 - 300k in my negotiations.

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by danchuzzy(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2020
intruder15:

I am responsible for what I say. You are responsible for what you understand.

grin grin Aiit mate.

Aiit! cool
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dongc(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Asquare84:

Madam I pity the man that married you, take refund for your call you refuse what else do you want. Just remember you will be under a man one day.

Just shut up...you have no right to pity her...she has every right to be aggrieved....stop telling her what to do or how to do...go and instruct people inside your house instead...

16 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.