Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1167158 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 10:53am On May 31, 2020
Once again, you’re missing the point.

You are paraphrasing Amdman’s response so I am quoting him now so it’s clear. He said ‘The car you bought was a 2006 vehicle. There is no way I will tell you that the car has no rust at all.“

He obviously sent that video to the customer When he inspected the car. I hope you can see that him denying it here when he actually said it (no matter what he was actually referring to) is very problematic.

Him sef knows how it looks which is why you see he never referred to the video or rust issue again after the video was posted.

My question to you remains that if there was no video, wouldn’t you say his customer lied?

Him denying it and not even apologizing to the client for calling him a liar is wrong.

talk2odim:

With due respect you do not know me well enough to assume what I would have said or thought! That is overly presumptuous at best.
Limit your thoughts to the video and observe exactly when the comment was made, your subconscious should highlight my thoughts. Permit me to thinker a bit: if you are sent the exact video and he had said there " there was a bit of rust" would your natural response not be "where is it or I can't see any?" Think along this line and you just may get how my inference was arrived at and while at that kindly go through the comment again and I observe where Amdman expressly said something like "he never said that but rather said it can be fixed" and requested for permission to post their chats which has not been granted. This suggests that the video was prior their chat (hence why I mentioned in my 1st post that the video may be generic and not specifically recorded for the buyer) and that the in the chat btw them rust was possible somewhere mentioned!
Finally, if I may indulge you sir, did you observe that the issue of kick starter was also not mentioned in the video yet both parties acknowledge its possible existence. What does this tell you? Certain things where discussed that we are not fully privy to sir.
I try my best to be careful with my choice of words so when you are not fully privy to somethings it is better to make inferences based on what info is made available to you......this will help you a lot in life. Cheers

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by alfonso36(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2020
I too know na waiting just de kill us for this country, See this matter you people are dragging up and down, e for don settle for long, two things de offered the lady she didn't take any. Let us move on.... return car collect money She wouldn't, Provide receipt collect Your mechanic money No she no gree, Amdman self be like you de enjoy as people de drag each other here, you don't know nairaland, they will spoil your business for you with all this,

I have told you what to do so we can move on from this, but it's like you don't even take peoples advice.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hypernikao(m): 11:23am On May 31, 2020
This matter has ended! Mrlien we get your point, let's put a stop to all this ruckus. Amdman suppose dn post my car as welcome to Nigeria, but una no allow am.

Codyela dn rest!
Jesterfly dn rest!
Amdman dn rest too!
And they've all learnt from either their actions or inactions.

So whatever ur typing now is really unimportant! Fink about it (in josh2funny's voice)

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by fizcoo20(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2020
Guys let's end this matter.
Make we move forward.
Amdam, post car for guys to choose their choice. Life goes on. Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Kokomo: 11:28am On May 31, 2020
Amdman I beg post new cars, thanks...

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Bot1000(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2020
inspiredbelieve:
Someone texted you asking if you want a refund and you think he has got no soul Just because you bought a car from him when 99% of others are satisfied

You lack courtesy, decorum, and wisdom. Who knows? Maybe one car dealer on Nairaland sent you after amdman to besmirch his name.

Agreed he doesn't reply on time to messages as most people have reported here. He's probably selective on the kind of people he wants to deal with. That's his prerogative!

But labeling someone from whom many people have bought cars from as having no soul shows how uncultured and unrefined you are!

Everything you have said about the 100k is all word of mouth! No picture proof! No proofs of receipts! Nothing! Just word of mouth! You can't even dismiss the fact that the mechanics may have been playing you!

I will contact the admins of nairaland to ban you for such unfounded claims.

Some women are just foolish! Amdman, if you can, just start selling based on referrals from satisfied customers. It's not about the volume but peace of mind.

Work on your turnaround time though!

Do not worry about this one ranting and barking without verifiable proofs. Your own no go pass you! From her choice of words, it is clear that she's not a refined person!

Peace!

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by talk2odim: 11:40am On May 31, 2020
mrlien:
Once again, you’re missing the point.

You are paraphrasing Amdman’s response so I am quoting him now so it’s clear. He said ‘The car you bought was a 2006 vehicle. There is no way I will tell you that the car has no rust at all.“

He obviously sent that video to the customer When he inspected the car. I hope you can see that him denying it here when he actually said it (no matter what he was actually referring to) is very problematic.

Him sef knows how it looks which is why you see he never referred to the video or rust issue again after the video was posted.

My question to you remains that if there was no video, wouldn’t you say his customer lied?

Him denying it and not even apologizing to the client for calling him a liar is wrong.

I would advise you read my comments again but this time slowly and with an open mind. You seem to have a focused opinion and it appears to be clouding your judgement.
These were Amdman's exact words ( you conveniently neglected the last sentence) "There is no way I will tell you that the car has no rust at all. Rather, I would usually indicate whether or not it is something that can be fixed." And then he concluded the whole response with "Whilst we always appreciate candid feedback so that we can improve, it is important that it should be factual. If any of my remarks above are untrue, please permit me to buttress them with screenshots of our chat....." i took the liberty to quote verbatim. Pay attention to the bolded and then try and read my post again and maybe you would have a clearer understanding how my inferences were arrived at and stop picturing me like a partisan Amdman supporter.
I repeat, there is a chat between them that we are not privy to that suggests the issue of rust was discussed so don't assume blatantly as you have repeatedly done on the matter especially as his response was not rebutted.
I am not arguing whether there was rust or not but rather that along the line it appears the buyer was later possibly intimated or they had a discussion on it!!!
This is obvious from the buyers post "In the video review of the car you sent to me, you clearly said there was no rust, and I took your word for it, even when I showed a friend and he pointed out a rust to me, you waved it off as nothing serious.
Mrlien, my position is not a difficult contraption. You just feel you need to score a point that I am missing a point which I am clearly pointing out is misleading based on limited info made available. Can we just simply agree to disagree without you issuing assumptions about you feeling you know people's line of thoughts....
Do have a good day. Cheers

17 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Born2conquer: 11:42am On May 31, 2020
Amdman is trying for real!

Lol, i messaged amdman for a car and it wasn’t available at that moment. I went ahead to pre order it somewhere else.

Lol, when the car came it was good but needed some finishing
1)Side mirror not available, fog cover not available , wiper and co.

I spent over 50k to set these things in order before bringing it over from lagosz

I even sent the dealer the money for those things.

NOTE: this is TOKUNBO! you can’t expect everything to be PErfect! Na like our NAIJA USED CARS.

You have to love-vendor it up yourself.

I don’t see why you should be complaining about dead battery and co.

You for go buy am yourself

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Born2conquer: 11:45am On May 31, 2020
broke people buying TOKUNBO cars be expecting it to be like NEW CAR grin

I am buying a car from amdman and i am keeping enough money for finishing, pimping and servicing when it has landed.

One of the reasons why I don’t like doing businesses with Nigerians

They don’t remember the good days when things go sour

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Hoodbilonia: 11:45am On May 31, 2020
AMD worshippers
Come to me.

I'm Intel man
Core i9

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by blissbliss: 11:55am On May 31, 2020
My people, not sure I can say all I have in mind.

Ma'am C.,
Ndo, pele, biko, ssanu.

I'd put you in the position of the women in my life. We all know they deserve a special treatment. I can overlook it if my woman drives her car around for a year and not service it; I'd rather take it as my duty. Clearly a woman might not know a lot about cars; it's pardonable; just as many other men do not.
You work for your money and should get value for it; agreed!
I understand where you're coming from and the aftermath are chain reactions.
I'd once been in your shoes where I sold off a vehicle and incurred a loss of about Nk.
Why? My mind wasn't there no more; just a radiator issue, got it at an high value already and made up my mind not to spend a dime on it; luckily, the new owner does check up on me and even tells me he's enjoying it.
I also understand how you feel selling it off after awaiting it for about 3 months. It's your prerogative.
But, you still have to forgive; it's a small world already. Many of us understand how you feel.

Mr. J.
I love the way you handled issues; not like you wanted bringing up the video but we all know the reason.
God bless you, let's move forward.

Mr. A.
Running a business isn't a day's job and I'm not in position to question your judgment.
Your battery stance?
You have to make a decision which you have already; and I do understand the chain effect of having many other people come forward for battery replacements which would have a toll on your business.
On the mechanic issue?
I think you could do better; never rely on those working for you fully; I can't ascertain if that filter was changed and you cannot either; you probably should have taken a faster route to resolving that.
Customer is king; don't forget.
I'd advice you reach out to Ma'am C., try to pet her wherever possible; trust me; we all know the women in our life; just pet her and I'm sure all these would be settled.

Progress... Progress... Progress...!
Let's make progress please;

I love you ma'am C.

I love you Mr. J.

I love you Mr. A

I love you everyone.

Let's make peace and make the world a better place already.

Cheers!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Greenarrow01(m): 11:59am On May 31, 2020
I have been following this page since the first page and I will like to make one or two suggestions to amdman.

I know that for 100 enquiries you receive, only 2-3 are ready, and it is crazy replying all those chats and most don't even have 10k in their bank account. So when people complain about your communication issue, I just feel for you. The only thing you can do to solve this issue is to set up a 3k WhatsApp fee. "If you want me to look for a car for you pay the sum of 3k, u will look for that car and tell you the amount, if you want me to do a thorough inspection, send so so amount and u will do a thorough review, alongside a checklist and videos.
This will surely help you.

Lastly
People should know that Amdman is not god or a kinda superpower, there is no way on earth he will get all his deals right, it is not possible. He must have sold atleast 100 cars on nairaland and if the complains are no more than 5, then it is cool.. 5percent margin of error is still cool. This clearly shows that he is not even selling stolen cars. Nobody can claim to be perfect, anybody selling stuffs, no matter how legit he is will still one day sell one or two bad products, this doesn't in anyway show they they are not legit.

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 12:14pm On May 31, 2020
We appreciate all the feedback and comments above as they are useful in helping us ensure that we continue to provide a service that is satisfactory. We apologize to everyone that feels aggrieved by any of our services and restate our commitment to continue to do our utmost to ensure that you get the best deal at the best price.

For clarity, I will like to reiterate some key points:

1. Communication – Our service promise is that we will respond to all requests and enquiries within 24hrs. While we sometimes get sidetracked, we will be implementing some additional changes in the coming weeks to take care of the increased volume of enquiries.

2. Car Quality – We rely on feedback from the seller (which we have found to be largely honest), visual inspection and test drive to determine whether a car is a good deal. A buyer could also choose to pay for a comprehensive inspection. We communicate all the details of the inspection to the buyer and state our opinion. However, we do not use marketing gimmicks to persuade buyers, as we consider that an unfair practice. The areas we prioritize on inspection are firstly the engine and transmission, and then the general outlook of the vehicle. We state our opinion on things that we believe can be easily fixed. Nevertheless, as a car is a machine and (we are buying a used one), there are issues that can arise that did not exist at the time of inspection. That is a norm within the vehicle industry as even new cars have been known to manifest faults shortly after purchase. We have always provided, and will continue to provide support where issues arise upon delivery, particularly where such faults were not determined during prior inspection.

3. Car Accessories – We consider battery, brake pads, tyres, fluids etc, as consumables that need to be routinely replaced. While we always confirm their state before purchase, we do not extend any warranty to them on delivery in Nigeria.

Buying a car can be a very emotional experience. Buying one online complicates those emotions. That’s why we approach every request with a sense of responsibility. By using our service, you bestow on us your trust; and we do not take that for granted. And that’s why we thank you for it.

So once again, thank you.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 31, 2020
Nice one amdman.

Whenever you are checking out a car and making videos of them, also look at underneath for rust issues. I don't believe a customer should pay 50k before he knows the condition of the underneath

My 2 cents

14 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2020
Oya Amdman abi na Amanda post new car jare grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 12:30pm On May 31, 2020
Closed Deal!

2011 Toyota Camry

33 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hypernikao(m): 12:35pm On May 31, 2020
That is exactly what my wife call him grin grin
dicksonadams:
Oya Amdman abi na Amanda post new car jare grin

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 12:37pm On May 31, 2020
Closed Deal!

Ford Edge

25 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 12:39pm On May 31, 2020
Closed Deal!

2007 Pontiac Vibe

21 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 12:41pm On May 31, 2020
Closed Deal!

Honda Accord

22 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 12:47pm On May 31, 2020
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe

No faults reported

160k miles

N1.9m

27 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by thebigkendo(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2020
mrlien:
You’re not understanding. Jesterfly quoted him verbatim and Amdman categorically said that he never made that statement. Amdman didn’t say ‘Yes I made it but I only referred to the interior’, he said I never said and couldn’t have said that.

If there was no video, you and others will call his customer a liar.

Aunty are you Jesterfly's lawyer, wife, sister or girlfriend? Why are you taking this matter personal?
Even the "offended" has died the matter..
Well except you are the offended and you are still pained, so you activated a new moniker to demand the apology which you feel you deserve grin grin) ..

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by xreal: 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
Why is it the NEW monikers who seem to carry this matter for head pass.

Why?
[img]https://media./images/04b8f0675567669415cde54486d99882/tenor.gif[/img]

28 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mrlien: 1:27pm On May 31, 2020
thebigkendo:

Aunty are you Jesterfly's lawyer, wife, sister or girlfriend? Why are you taking this matter personal?
Even the "offended" has died the matter..
Well except you are the offended and are still pained so you activated a new moniker to demand the apology which you feel you deserve grin grin) ..

Now I’m no longer gazzuzz, I’m Jesterfly.

I’ve made my point. Adios

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 1:45pm On May 31, 2020
talk2odim:
I have been following this thread from day one and witnessed the "highs and lows, the attacks and defence etc." Eversince I realized lot of people on nairaland are actually younger than I thought and immature, I try my best to refrain from interfering in issues to avoid "pig fights" especially with presumed kids behind keyboards. However, somethings are clearer when we avoid unnecessary complications and look at issues more objectively!

4. Others, in our bid to either support or antagonize either parties, we shouldn't lose our element of humanity! The insults, counter insults, gender vantage points and gender attacks were totally unwarranted and help in no way at resolving an issue capable of undermining the good work Amdman has been trying to achieve. It causes more harm than good. In business, criticism helps in evaluation and strategy redirection and should be appreciated. Like they say " there is no negative publicity" and quite frankly we should all be worried if there are no objective negative feedbacks cos that would suggest Amdman's business model is perfect and requires no improvement which we all know is practically impossible.

Cheers all as I possibly resume my incognito mode.

This is one of the most level headed, objective and eloquent write ups I've ever seen on Nairaland! I wish I could hire you as my NL mediator ROFL! If you ever swing by the shop I owe lunch!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by davillian(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2020
I have a brother in Germany not a car dealer but he has experience on cars...
When even I need a car I pay he buys and ship for me without adding a penny and he makes sure he gets the best for me....

The last car he shipped
He told me no issues that he drove the car himself, did all checks before he shipped the Car....
Gbam the car came but refuse to start and it was late thought it was battery we called some battery guys to help with battery etc,
Based on experience ive written my name on the battery when the car could not start the battery guys have to leave but they have changed my battery I just laughed called him back asked him to drop the batteries he has and I checked saw mine and picked it without him saying a word....
Next day mechanic came found out fuel pump was bad
Bought another one fixed it
Gbam fan works and stops
We manage am reach house
Fix the fan gear wasn't shifting well
But it only needed just minor adjustment....

The thing here my bro has bought lots of car that once cleared you can take it to any place in Nigerian right from the port....

These things are machines and can develop fault anytime...
Sometimes you lucky no issues pops up sometimes you fix things....
Na second hand cars no be say na new one....

Why are cars in Canada cheaper compared to cars in Germany my bro could not answer this question..

27 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 1:49pm On May 31, 2020
aninweze:

Stop misleading people.
Be an adult and admit you were wrong and move on. Is Nigeria not hard enough?

He's not wrong. Shippers are supposed to but not all do. Some states are stricter than others.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by talk2odim: 2:04pm On May 31, 2020
radautoworks:

This is one of the most level headed, objective and eloquent write ups I've ever seen on Nairaland! I wish I could hire you as my NL mediator ROFL! If you ever swing by the shop I owe lunch!

Thank for the "flattery." It is just my unbiased and factual perspective based on available info. I will hold unto the " indefinite open cheque." I will drop by without notice if my "hustle" brings me to your vicinity and if I can actually locate it. Would be nice to actually see the shop and be given a tour too if company policy allows. Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 2:13pm On May 31, 2020
talk2odim:

Thank for the "flattery." It is just my unbiased and factual perspective based on available info. I will hold unto the " indefinite open cheque." I will drop by without notice if my "hustle" brings me to your vicinity and if I can actually locate it. Would be nice to actually see the shop and be given a tour too if company policy allows. Cheers

Any time! It's facts not flattery.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by talk2odim: 2:15pm On May 31, 2020
radautoworks:

Any time! It's facts not flattery.

I am humbled......God bless us all and give us wisdom. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Newbreed2018: 2:25pm On May 31, 2020
Codyella please tell ur husband/boyfriend say black dey oo!
To complement the other colour in Onitsha.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by otunba88(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
what's your budget Sir so i can help you look for good ones and you will pick from the options i send to you.
I want to avoid middleman reason why i am doing this...the original owner should contact me pls. No middleman, they re inflating prices excessively.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.