Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1167927 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Lush100(m): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Sir, I am just asking (having fun and playing the "cevil's advocate"wink, )was that matter really resolved grin?

DadR:
A matter was recently resolved, another one is arising...

Let there be peace biko!

Agba a ma s'oro bi ewe bi?

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by timifakay(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
SensualMan1:
yen yen yen!

At ur age I ask.

Your assumptions and opinions don't matter at any age...

yehmy:
Can you just stop feeding them attention that way they will go back to their whatsapp group and this place will be peaceful

That you are the admin of abi
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by xreal: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
samuelson06:
1. This is a public forum and everyone has right to air their views on issues.

2. Amdman has made a lot of sales here. He has recorded huge success in his business through this forum and it's normal that he'll have people who tries to bring him down here. No one can stop this nature of people. It's normal in life and business. However, just like the devil serving as check to our excesses in life, these people can serve as check to Amdman. I pray they're sincere with their reviews else, God's punishment awaits them.

3. I strongly believe that anyone buying from Amdman or anyone through this forum would do a little research about what they're buying before paying for it. If they don't, they should hold themselves responsible for anything about the car in the future. I still remember everybody screaming Corolla to be using less fuel but I went for Ford Focus, trust me, that ride may be better than Toyota Corolla in terms of fuel consumption. Its parts are also here and it's cheaper than Corolla of same model. Tell me why I should've followed Corolla fans blindly when they have made the car assume a god status in Nigeria that it doesn't merit. So what am I saying? Do your research before buying any car here or elsewhere. Ask all necessary questions.

4. No one can give you sufficient information about any car posted here to help you make a buying decision. They can only confuse you. Forget about these local mechanics that don't even have complete tools in their toolbox yet they want to advise you. Again, spend a little time and read about any car you want to buy. However, take note that all cars have their strengths and weaknesses.

5. In this life, don't allow anybody to convince you to buy anything, but you convince yourself based on information available to you before making a buying decision. I also recommend you listen to your spirit. Don't also forget that most times, our experience about anything are different. It doesn't mean because something isn't working for A so it won't work for B. We are different.

@bolded.

This is very true, very very true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by DadR: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
LOL grin

No go wake man wey dem don bury o.

Well, I can only assume that it's been resolved.

Lessons learnt by parties involved and life continues...

Lush100:
Sir, I am just asking (having fun and playing the "devil's advocate"wink, )was that matter really resolved grin?

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Kokomo: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
SensualMan1:
The guy na correct guy for auto section.

He can compare the engine of RR cullinan to that of Bugatti Veyron and tell u which one to buy cheesy

Yeah, one of the best car talk guru/adviser on nairaland boss nurey grin, you got to love him

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Lush100(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ok my oga, I will no go against ur instruction sir,
I am fery fery sorry, (literally kneeling down).
Help me with that meme of zenitf bankt staff kneeling to fayose grin

DadR:
LOL grin

No go wake man wey dem don bury o.

Well, I can only assume that it's been resolved.

Lessons learnt by parties involved and life continues...

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by banky3w(m): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
I always thought cars are still being sold here oh. I never knew things has escalated so quickly. grin grin grin grin. Can we still search for 1.2m cars here?

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by valarinz: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
banky3w:
I always thought cars are still being sold here oh. I never knew things has escalated so quickly. grin grin grin grin. Can we still search for 1.2m cars here?

The drama is in fact the most potent ad tool for the OP, if I were him ill secretly pay people to instigate it.

The more the drama, the more the popularity and attention, the more the patronage, no such thing as negative publicity.

Amdman is surely doing well, ooin. He obviously has moved beyond 1.2m cars now surely

10 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by fuckboys: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
So gazzuzz and his evil asslickers are still at amdman's case.kingreign timifakay, and I can't believe HeavenlyBang has joined their WhatsApp BCD group.

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Seems to me like some people here have an issue with the truth.

Mind you, I have no stake in this fight. I personally think Amdman's services are essential and should be appreciated.

But if someone says the truth and the first thing that comes to you is "Why he dey chook mouth, make he mind him business", then maybe you need to look inwards and evaluate the kind of person you really are.

If that car really is a Hybrid and the OP failed to mention it, I think that's a pretty significant detail to forget.

We all know who he is and why he is doing this. The one with "obvious camber out of spec" is incorrect. The one with "rust" had pictures and also hadn't undergone inspection which he usually does after a request. It likely does but from everything óp has written in the past, would be inspected upon request and disclosed if present. Op has also always been clear that he works with third party information. So if the third party doesn't mention hybrid and he is not a tech like us, he likely won't know till he goes to see it.

There is a difference between "you may want to check for rust or front right damage" and "this car has front right damage". To make it seem like he's intentionally obscuring is wrong and the same tactics were attempted against me in the past by the same individual.

What this person (again, who we know hates not having the limelight) is doing is speculating without an inspection.

Fact of the matter is someone is bitter.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
radautoworks:

We all know who he is and why he is doing this. The one with "obvious camber out of spec" is incorrect. The one with "rust" had pictures and also hadn't undergone inspection which he usually does after a request. It likely does but from everything óp has written in the past, would be inspected upon request and disclosed if present. Op has also always been clear that he works with third party information. So if the third party doesn't mention hybrid and he is not a tech like us, he likely won't know till he goes to see it.

There is a difference between "you may want to check for rust or front right damage" and "this car has front right damage". To make it seem like he's intentionally obscuring is wrong and the same tactics were attempted against me in the past by the same individual.

What this person (again, who we know hates not having the limelight) is doing is speculating without an inspection.

First rational take here.

Like I pointed out, I wasn't a fan of him insinuating the car is faulty or will prove to be a lemon in Nigeria. My only horse in this race is clarifying out that someone who points out verifiable information about a car isn't to be vilified.

I still stand by my words, regardless of his possible intentions. If he points out something factually true (eg: car is a hybrid), there's nothing wrong with that. Anything past that, I don't support.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by HRtechnique: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

First rational take here.

Like I pointed out, I wasn't a fan of him insinuating the car is faulty or will prove to be a lemon in Nigeria. My only horse in this race is clarifying out that someone who points out verifiable information about a car isn't to be vilified.

I still stand by my words, regardless of his possible intentions. If he points out something factually true (eg: car is a hybrid), there's nothing wrong with that. Anything past that, I don't support.

I'm not looking to lick their asses neither am I expecting insults but I personally do admire these guys;

1. Nurey (matured)
2. Heavenlybang (brilliant)
3. Kingrein (direct)

Dont know why they are not being fair to Amdman sha. Maybe there's something I don't know.

Amongst all things, I just respect Amdmans tested honesty in all his dealings.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by HRtechnique: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2020
We almost dont love each other.

If we do, we'd correct each other in love until the person proves otherwise.

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by faisees(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
amdman:
2009 Honda Civic

Manual Transmission

Faded paint in some areas

108k miles

N1.8m
This car is still available
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Postingnonsense: 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
fuckboys:
So gazzuzz and his evil asslickers are still at amdman's case.kingreign timifakay, and I can't believe HeavenlyBang has joined their WhatsApp BCD group.

They are snakes !

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Mrcalxy1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Googlemechanic:
Kia Optima hybrid 2012.

Most Vehicle parts unavailable in the Nigerian market. Sensitive electrical parts also NOT available in Kia dealerships in nigeria. You will have to import almost every part you need if there is any form of hybrid failure.

Hybrid batteries usually last 6-10 years. We are in 2020 do the maths.

You Sabi hwf, hybrids can be endless money pits when they start to age out.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
amdman:
2005 Toyota Camry

Damage to right side mirror

67k miles

N1.6m

I am looking at the pictures and all the arguments back and forth this advert has caused. The Google guy was right to point out what you did not include. You created the thread you sell the cars, you are held to a higher level of responsibility to be able to identify basic defects as the man on ground who will receive the funds and send the vehicles. The fixes might be cheap or parts supplied by you as you have done in the past, but do not give room for speculation and doubt.

10 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
amdman:
2012 KIA Optima

No faults reported

104k miles

N3m

Again another omission. If you must consult before posting please do to avoid creating chaos on the thread as opportunists are lurking around looking for loopholes to call you out.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Y'all shout full disclosure, full disclosure.

Someone comes and gives you an informed opinion on the cars, y'all start crying foul. The cognitive dissonance is palpable.

Keep it up, Googlemechanic.

If the opinions of one are targeted at just one seller then it becomes biased. He is not paid to give an opinion but he should not display his talents on this thread alone.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
hypernikao:
Nope! My problem here is that he singled out this hybrid out of all the other hybrids been advertised on this forum to show his intelligence about hybrid cars. Enough said, someone who wants it, will buy it.

I am certain there are people who want that specific brand and model.

I saw a 2019 Toyota Avalon hybrid in oturkpo last week it was a shocker , I am certain it's the only one here in benue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
Lush100:
Please what's happening here,
I had to take time to read few pages back
Googlemechanic, I sent a post to you in a separate thread.
Sir, if you want to give ur experise opinion on cars advertised for sale, here I think it would have been all good to have mentioned it and state the reason so buyer can make informed decision and then also state where cars are good too.
That said, where the issue mentioned is minor, I think you should emphasize it being minor and where it's being major the same knowing that buyer would be willing to buy cars if fixes would be minor.
Still I imagine how you could see major issued on a vehicle by looking at the pictures , must be a highly skilled technique to do that, though I can see how you spotted that of the white Camry which was more of a general opinion but maybe it would be better to make a post that you would be giving ur experise opinion on a separate thread so buyer can come to you for that.
I am trying to draw a thin line between experise disclosure and pure de-marketing.
I hope things can be done a bit more circumspectly.
On the side,
I can see some quotes that are not on people mention.
Hope there is no war here

I had to go look at it a second time my self

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by seyithug(m): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ogbadibo80:

I am looking at the pictures and all the arguments back and forth this advert has caused. The Google guy was right to point out what you did not include. You created the thread you sell the cars, you are held to a higher level of responsibility to be able to identify basic defects as the man on ground who will receive the funds and send the vehicles. The fixes might be cheap or parts supplied by you as you have done in the past, but do not give room for speculation and doubt.

The OP does his best to disclose every issue with the car with the buyer, whenever he goes to inspect the car. That he posted pictures doesn't mean that he has gone to inspect the car. Also, it's an ad, he's not going to list everything that is wrong with the car, in one post. And, nobody should pass hasty and malicious judgements on just the pictures posted, like Google Kazeem did. What if the seller intends to fix the shocks and tires, before OP comes for this particular car?
Only the OP knows the full story, and he, probably, has chosen to save it for whoever shows interest in the car.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
HRtechnique:

There is nothing wrong with Hybrid Optima as long as the customer wants it and it is not in his place to talk about it.

Upon, showing of interest by the buyer, I'm sure that will be mentioned between both parties.

Would he have sold a hybrid to someone without telling them ?

Did he know it was a hybrid in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
izzou:

No bro grin

They actually appreciate the truth. They just want to be seen as the good guys online, maybe have so much likes, and all that.

I remember when someone bought a particular model of Volvo here and Vala.rinz gave his opinion, stating that the car has transmission issues.

A lot came for his head, chanting the usual bad belle, BCD, and all that nonsense. After he provided proof online coupled with his personal experience, they all went mute. I don't think the Op has advertised that model here again.

Everybody learns, and is still learning. The OP too is learning. I don't see why anyone who criticizes the OP's collection is tagged a hater.

This thread is filled with apc and pdp loyalists .

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Inception(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
radautoworks:

Actually the camber looks out of design specifications, at least looking at the second picture posted( except if you have another viewpoint ). This is most likely from an impact to the affected area and can be fixed easily over here( i have seen instances 10 times worse plying Nigerian roads)

But, you see the tone and manner of approach used when passing such vital information is very important. what the 'Google mechanic' did was right, but his intentions might have betrayed him. The irony is that his intentions may be for the good of the prospective buyer because when such vehicles are purchased, the burden of putting it to road worthy condition may far outweigh the cost savings envisaged.

But i believe Amdman has taken care of this concern via the introduction of packages such as comprehensive inspection (which could be viewed as a form of 'insurance') once the buyer has indicated interest. Some people (like myself grin ) would rather buy as is because, well, i like my women dangerous grin grin grin cool

So in a nutshell it is all about your interest and filtering the kind of information you need to guide you in making your FID. You like it , fine : proceed to the next step. You dont like it, move on and enjoy the show.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
seyithug:

The OP does his best to disclose every issue with the car with the buyer, whenever he goes to inspect the car. That he posted pictures doesn't mean that he has gone to inspect the car. Also, it's an ad, he's not going to list everything that is wrong with the car, in one post. And, nobody should pass hasty and malicious judgements on just the pictures posted, like Google Kazeem did. What if the seller intends to fix the shocks and tires, before OP comes for this particular car?
Only the OP knows the full story, and he, probably, has chosen to save it for whoever shows interest in the car.

The picture speaks for itself if looked at properly. The advert also carries a price tag. It is an advert. If the advert says 60k miles Camry with only mirror damage people will jump at it. If the advert says mirror and suspension damage less people will jump at it. At the end of the day any way it goes it will be welcomed to Nigeria in a few months wink

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by seyithug(m): 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ogbadibo80:

The picture speaks for itself if looked at properly. The advert also carries a price tag. It is an advert. If the advert says 60k miles Camry with only mirror damage people will jump at it. If the advert says mirror and suspension damage less people will jump at it. At the end of the day any way it goes it will be welcomed to Nigeria in a few months wink
You get it.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Basically, how it works is that if you don't support them, you're a jealous hater. Don't forget broke, too. They always like calling people they don't even know "broke". grin

Funny thread.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
eHydrated:

Again, a seller that offered FULL after sale refund would have no qualms replacing a bad suspension; a lesson learnt from the whole codeylla episode some weeks back. I PUT IT TO YOU AND ALL OTHER MECHANICS/SALES REP OUT THERE: YOU CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER DO A FULL REFUND ON A CAR PURCHASED FROM YOU

Walking to a car stand and paying for a vehicle is different from paying upfront for a vehicle and waiting several months for it to be delivered. If amdman was refunding 20per of his clients he will be out of biz in no time. There were ready buyers for that car that were happy to pay for the car without waiting several months.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
SensualMan1:
One is still struggling to sell a light blue 2007 Honda Crv he put on sale since March.

Anger and bitterness.

I guess that is who that must not be named cheesy

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
Jessewizy:
Watch how they’ll turn blind

1. Amdman does not do full inspection, he stated that categorically, however, if you want full inspection and disclosure, you pay an amount to engage the services of a professional as he not qualified to do that.
But as typical Nigerians, we look the other way around trying to cut cost and save money and also expecting amdman to carry out professional inspection on each and every vehicle he advertises. At who’s expenses if I may ask, him? No way. He’s a business man and also wants to make profit.
2. What if after engaging the services of a professional machinic to inspection these vehicles and the would be buyer changes his/her mind, who loses? Why are Nigerians so wicked and greedy?

I am thinking amdman should evolve from his present way of doing adverts.

Pic a vehicle you know will sell with ease, do all inspections post all info and sell .

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
Kokomo:

Yeah, one of the best car talk guru/adviser on nairaland boss nurey grin, you got to love him

I love that guy, always on point and very diplomatic.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (349) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.