Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism (38301 Views)

Lady Drops Suicidal Thoughts On Facebook Over Her Complicated Relationship. / Nigerian Prostitute Who Lied About Schooling In UK Exposed By Ghana Police / Nigerian Man "Toluwani" Schooling In Canada Declared Missing By Family. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by selemo: 10:17am On May 04, 2019
Imoh555:
Satan is from Yoruba.

His real name is satande lucifemi
You are one of those tribal bigots or racists she is complaining of..Black Monkey. grin

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by selemo: 10:19am On May 04, 2019
Spatta:
There is a carpeted kind of Racism in the western society, Less talked about, True, There are unfair treatments, Injustices done to African, I hate to say "Black"
But if you live in Canada, you just made your case worse,
They have a way of dealing with you such that it will not look like they are dealing with you

You All should begin to Blame your African Wicked Leaders, I am sure you will have relatives or father in Nigerian Politics to be able to go to Canada at a time so critical for most Nigerians,
Subjecting yourself to modern slavery is your decision, You don't need help for that,
If the treatment you get in western world is below your dignity,
Return back to Nigeria and face the idiots in Power who have made the lives of Millions so bad while their own kids inundates us with bad treatments abroad
You cannot leave your own damaged Country and expect to be treated like a human in a country that is kind enough to allow you to study in their sane climes

REVOLUTION came to my mind..

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 10:22am On May 04, 2019
zoedew:
Which racism are we talking about here! Is that her natural hair she has on? You are not original and complain when folks label you a monkey!

Useless shortsighted talk!!
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nukilia: 10:22am On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Same answer here! Just be yourself! That wins anyday. You are not in a contest to be better than anyone else! It is foolishness to compare yourself with others. Best to learn from them and add value to who you are.
Truth!

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by madridsta007(m): 10:23am On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Strictly speaking I wasn’t about you! I was actually sharing the same podium and notes with you!

Haha! My bad!
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nukilia: 10:25am On May 04, 2019
Amitez:

Which Nigeria? Where your annual rent of say N800k is less than 2 month rent in the West? Even capital growth is stunted. Instead of investing millions in properties back home, buy a home in Canada. The Basement rent alone is more than what you get in Nigeria plus all whala of bad tenants. Out there people respect themselves as the law respect none.
As for the student, please brace up and face it squarely. Sometimes people stereotypes failure to racism. How is Nigeria better? How many Southernerst have good jobs in Federal parastatals if not from a particular tribe or knows someone?

May your days be long!

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by martineverest(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2019
gypsey:
Don"t mind that goon, claming that Germans Refuse to speak English just to frustrate a Bloody Nigerian, why couldn't he learn to speak German?
I taya ọ...it's like a German coming to Benin Republic or Cameroon and expecting everyone to speak German instead of him learning French.

the way some nairalanders think eh

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by madridsta007(m): 10:29am On May 04, 2019
flickers72:

Spot on. First day in my job I was spoken to like a nobody. Just because I’m the only black in the government department where I work. Gave me a hell of hassles. I told them 6 months I’ll be their boss. I worked hard, and within 5 months I applied for a job next grade up. You know what I got the Job. Those same folks that disrespected me are now being managed by me. What I’m I saying here? I’m not trying to say I’m too good, but making a point if you respect yourself and proof to them you’re smart and intelligent they’ll respect you. But by the way Racism is everywhere even in Nigeria, we call our Racism Tribalism.

True. Nigeria's own kind of racism, that is tribalism, is worse that the white man's racism, if we want to be honest.
When you realise this, the complaints about the white man's racism will end. At least in the white man's world, if you are evidently good, you are likely to get the role you apply for.

In Nigeria, if you are evidently good and not from the "right" tribe or religion, you are wasting your time. Which is worse? Of course Nigeria's. We just like deceiving ourselves and pointing fingers.

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Afonja007: 10:29am On May 04, 2019
Blacks are worst to their fellow black man here in Africa,south Africans are killing their fellow blacks, in Nigeria Hausa man can never attend mosque that the chief imam is a Yoruba man,northerners won't let other Muslim sight moon,go to east you will hear abakaliki this nsukka that ,while in SW other Yorubas will insult kwara people insults Egun plus ilaje people,

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by stchinedu: 10:40am On May 04, 2019
Come back home and face tribalism that is gradually becoming a cancer in Nigeria.

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by mechanics(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2019
She should seek transfer to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by dederocs(m): 10:42am On May 04, 2019
Make the best of your Canada, with enough financial security, you can relocate if you like when you finish your studies.
There is racism/tribalism everywhere,except it's systemic brand of racism, Canada is still good compared to other nations.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by dederocs(m): 10:44am On May 04, 2019
otipoju:
The key to dealing with white folks is never to defer to them from the very beginning.

I lived in the same house with them for 6 months...my land lady had to tell me one day that " you do carry yourself with some pride " i tell am straight..." You dont know what you are missing by not being from Africa and youll never know."

I love this.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 10:50am On May 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Then go for it... Learn it bro smiley
i will.

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 10:51am On May 04, 2019
Hadampson:

I believe the language you like most is the simplest.

On a serious note, German is kinda difficult because of its complicated grammar. Once you get grip of the language, other aspects would be like a piece of cake.

Do you know everything in German has a gender.

Like der Akku(the battery) for example.

der is used for masculine noun

die Straßenbahn (the tram)

die is used for feminine noun

das Mädchen (the girl)

das is used for neuter noun

So you see, if you wanna learn it, you have to learn the nouns with their gender
You see? German is a great language.

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 10:52am On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Easy take! Very close to English Language! guten morgen for example is good morning in German lang. see
Not easy. grin

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Studyinchina200(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2019
Almost my 8 years here in China ,did my bachelor degree and I will be soon be done with my masters in July.

My point is,racism is everywhere and am used to it.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Tellemall: 11:01am On May 04, 2019
Is this thread about racism in Germany or about a woman who claims she was racially profiled in Canada?

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by TheKingIsHere: 11:01am On May 04, 2019
martineverest:
hypocrites..they cry racism but they practice tribalism against their fellow brothers

I tell you.

That's why I don't listen to all this racism cries from Nigerians especially.

I went for a promotional interview somewhere, and what the interviewer was more interested is my tribe. I was like wtf, is my skills and knowledge not even the key factor here again. The tribalism here in Nigeria is far more than the racism anywhere in the world.

If she doesn't believe, let her come back to Nigeria and see for herself

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by olusledge: 11:03am On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Just live your life. Be you! Don’t die on yourself faking the whiteman lifestyle. It’ll only end up a poor copy! If I speak English in my Nigerian accent it is the responsibility of a normal human who is Caucasian to adjust to me just like I do when he speaks in his own accent. When you try to speak the way the Caucs do you cheapen and demean yourself! On a lighter note, has anyone taken note of what the jaws of Blacks who do end up looking like? Critically set out to find out and you’ll be amazed at your findings!!
morning sir please can u shed more light about the the jaw of the blacks who end up looking alike ..just a curious learner here
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by otipoju(m): 11:09am On May 04, 2019
madridsta007:

Exactly.

This is how to deal and work with them. Never, ever, ever defer to them or act lower than them. Never ever.
This means you have to be brilliant, super-smart and confident. This is the main attribute that shatters the "black man/ African" stereotype. Look in their face, eyeball to eyeball and hold conversations. Work smart and look smart. If your job or engagement requires that you look smart, wear a smart suit and look smart. Even on the trains, the train managers will not ask you for tickets nor harass you racially- they will perceive that you know your rights and are educated.

Learn sarcasm from them and use it intelligently. I remember when a white fellow told me, "I was in Africa recently and we saw the lions..." My response was, "I presume, you went to Kenya or South Africa? Or some particular country? Come on, its the age of the internet! Africa is not a country you should know this!" Of course he went on to speak with a bit more respect.

Crying out or cowering will simply prove that you are timid and a confirmation stereotype they know about the "black man". Sorry Sis, but this tactic will only increase the racism and cause further victimisation or as its said in psychology, covert racism. By the way, in Nigeria we are also racists to ourselves. We call ours "tribalism". What right do we have to call out the whites?

Bro you are wise. As crazy as Nigeria coyld be, it thoroughly prepared me for the outside world. You dont beg anyone for respect, you act respectfully and they will respect you.

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by olas24u(f): 11:13am On May 04, 2019
zoedew:
Which racism are we talking about here! Is that her natural hair she has on? You are not original and complain when folks label you a monkey!
Seems you have only read about racism in the text book,you need to feel it,see it ,the definition will sink into you properly.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by martineverest(m): 11:14am On May 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I tell you.

That's why I don't listen to all this racism cries from Nigerians especially.

I went for a promotional interview somewhere, and what the interviewer was more interested is my tribe. I was like wtf, is my skills and knowledge not even the key factor here again. The tribalism here in Nigeria is far more than the racism anywhere in the world.

If she doesn't believe, let her come back to Nigeria and see for herself
really sad that tribalism has eaten deep down our system
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by TheKingIsHere: 11:15am On May 04, 2019
martineverest:
really sad that tribalism has eaten deep down our system

My brother, it is very bad. If I tell you experiences eh, you will reject Nigeria as your country.

Racism out there is far better than the tribalism in your own country

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by dazzlingd(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2019
gypsey:
Is it that simple?
I love german language. smiley

Don't mind him, if it's that simple, we will all be speaking german

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by igmacco(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2019
Madam u be learner... as a black person living in a western country . You gotta harden your heart. If not ur name na sorry.

I live in far North Queensland (Cairns) the hub of racism in Australia. But i no send. They are the one saying i am racist, not me.

I have never and would never change my accent for any oyibo. If u no hear me, me sef kukuma no hear.

I rest my case

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 11:25am On May 04, 2019
dazzlingd:

Don't mind him, if it's that simple, we will all be speaking german
I think he was trying to encourage me.

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by okeniti: 11:30am On May 04, 2019
I agree. I can't think of many reasons that would make me leave here if I make a success out of my life.

Aderewah:
Nothing beats succeeding in nigeria o
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by lilyheaven: 11:31am On May 04, 2019
chris31:
Come to nairaland in ur home home country the level of tribal bashing is far worst than that of racism in Canada
After going through the comments nobody will tell you to rethink about ur succide mission
Afonja
Ipod pigs
Flat heads
Developers cheesy
Etc

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by dazzlingd(m): 11:32am On May 04, 2019
CityNGR:

which Germany? Is there a new one? No skinheads no more? Or peeps who'd deliberately avoid speaking English just to frustrate you? cheesy

Everyone quoted u out of pretence that they do not understand what you were implying....

I understand exactly what u meant....

here in Nigeria, this happens a lot, for example, in a work place where majority of staff are igbos, right in the meeting, they will all start speaking igbo to themselves while you being the only Yoruba there get confused and frustrated....or even roommates who starts speaking Yoruba to themselves leaving the only igbo person in the room to confusion and frustration...its a technical form of tribalism.....and yet same people quoting u have one time or the other suffered the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How They Were Tricked/Robbed During A 40k "Runs" Trip To Uyo (Vid) / Customs Officer Killed After Raiding Smugglers’ Hideout In Ogun. Photos / “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54