Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible (4608 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Jesus Vs Je$u$ / Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2019
John 8:51 (KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 15, 2019
John 12:47-50 (KJV)

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2019
John 17:6 (KJV)

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 19, 2019
John 17:8 (KJV)

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
John 17:14 (KJV)

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
John 17:17 (KJV)

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2019
Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 24, 2019
IF JESUS EMPHASIZED HIS OWN WORDS WHY IS THE CHURCH EMPHASIZING THE BIBLE INSTEAD?
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 25, 2019
JESUS BUILT HIS CHURCH ON HIS OWN WORDS NOT THE BIBLE!
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 25, 2019
What are you saying Jesus himself emphasized the bible

Mark 12:24
And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Jesus himself taught and expounded the bible to his disciples
Mark 14:49
I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.

Luke 24:27
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luke 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Jesus overcame his tempter with the bible

I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Matthew 4:7
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Matthew 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus life and ministry was a fulfillment of the scriptures.

It is written in the scriptures

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The scriptures was by God himself
Not only did he inspired it, he directed the events and also guided its recording and preserved it.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Note he said all scriptures both old and new testament

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2019
JESUS INSTRUCTED HIS CHURCH TO TEACH ALL NATIONS TO KEEP HIS WORDS NOT THE BIBLE!
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
jesusjnr:
JESUS INSTRUCTED HIS CHURCH TO TEACH ALL NATIONS TO KEEP HIS WORDS NOT THE BIBLE!
how do you know Jesus words without the bible?
Do you believe Jesus when he said there so many things he didnt say that the Holy Spirit will reveal when the holy Spirit comes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 27, 2019
WHEN DID THE EMPHASIS OF THE CHURCH CHANGE FROM JESUS' WORDS TO THE BIBLE?
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2019
WHO CHANGED THE EMPHASIS OF THE CHURCH FROM THE WORDS OF JESUS TO THE BIBLE?
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by budaatum: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
solite3:

Note he said all scriptures both old and new testament.
And he also said, "Don't eat only bread least you become malnourished", advice the op appears to not have taken, it would seem.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 30, 2019
GREAT IS THE FALL OF THE CHURCH THAT DEVIATED FROM THE WORDS OF JESUS
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by orisa37: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2019
Ruga-Settlements shall takeover their Churches.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 01, 2019
IT IS FOOLISH FOR A CHURCH TO ABANDON THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE MASTER TO TEACH MEN TO OBSERVE HIS WORDS
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 02, 2019
A CHURCH THAT DECIDES NOT TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE MASTER SHALL FAIL
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 03, 2019
NO CHURCH BUILT UPON STANDARD OF THE BIBLE SHALL EVER BE AS STRONG AS THAT BUILT UPON THE STANDARD OF THE WORDS OF JESUS
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Shepherd00: 11:40am On Jul 03, 2019
solite3:
What are you saying Jesus himself emphasized the bible

Mark 12:24
And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Jesus himself taught and expounded the bible to his disciples

Jesus overcame his tempter with the bible

Matthew 4:7
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Matthew 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus life and ministry was a fulfillment of the scriptures.

It is written in the scriptures

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The scriptures was by God himself
Not only did he inspired it, he directed the events and also guided its recording and preserved it.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Note he said all scriptures both old and new testament

Pls don't waste your time on this heretic.

As if the Bible is not the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Shepherd00: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2019
jesusjnr:
Give 10 differences between the Bible and the Word of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 04, 2019
NO CHURCH BUILT UPON STANDARD OF THE BIBLE SHALL EVER BE AS POWERFUL AS THAT BUILT UPON THE STANDARD OF THE WORDS OF JESUS
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2019
The Bible Stands.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2019
Shepherd00:

Pls don't waste your time on this heretic.

As if the Bible is not the Word of God.
I pity people that jesuhnr deceives.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
The Bible Stands.
yes truly the bible stands no matter what ministers of darkness do.

1 Like

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
jesusjnr:
NO CHURCH BUILT UPON STANDARD OF THE BIBLE SHALL EVER BE AS POWERFUL AS THAT BUILT UPON THE STANDARD OF THE WORDS OF JESUS
And yet you quote the bible, where did you get the name Jesus from.
Every false prophet, teacher and psuedo Christian religion always has problem with the bible because it exposes them as fake.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2019
At least they can't call me an Antichrist for it can get any more Christly than emphasizing the Words of Christ as Christ Himself did. cool

p.s. Maybe it's now they would understand why I chose to go by the moniker jesusjnr instead of biblejnr. Lol! cheesy
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Homebaked: 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2019
Shepherd00:

Give 10 differences between the Bible and the Word of God.
The Bible in its entirety is not the Word of God. It comprises of the Word ( Jesus), the word of men and, of course, the word of the devil. The current church system teaches her adherents to regard every sentence in the Bible as God's Word. That is not correct. The Word of God in the Bible in its purest form are the sayings of Jesus Christ. The Bible as we know it today came by a couple of centuries after the birth of the church and even then prior to the invention of the printing press, only few copies exist. I will have you know that it was the sayings of Jesus, transmitted orally, first by the apostles and their successors, that won multitudes to Christ In the first century.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Shepherd00: 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
Homebaked:

The Bible in its entirety is not the Word of God. It comprises of the Word ( Jesus), the word of men and, of course, the word of the devil. The current church system teaches her adherents to regard every sentence in the Bible as God's Word. That is not correct. The Word of God in the Bible in its purest form are the sayings of Jesus Christ. The Bible as we know it today came by a couple of centuries after the birth of the church and even then prior to the invention of the printing press, only few copies exist. I will have you know that it was the sayings of Jesus, transmitted orally, first by the apostles and their successors, that won multitudes to Christ In the first century.
Again, pls give 10 differences between the Bible and the Word of God. Stop the grammar
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2019
Homebaked:

The bible in entirety is the word of God.
Those things written therein are written to teach us. Both the words of the devil and actions of men are all meant to teach us. Do you think the word of God is when God literally speak? God speak with both audible words, actions and illustrations, that's what the bible is.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 05, 2019
Homebaked:

This post is yet another proof that not all are ignorant of this Truth, for there are yet those who know the Truth, called Jesus.

And also that there are yet those willing to know this Truth, called Jesus

So there is hope to get the church back to the Words of her Master which made her what she was at the beginning, which is the objective of this effort.

You can see why I chose to ignore the spiritually blind and ignorant, for only those who are not blind to the Truth would be able to see it.

This your post is of Kingdom quality, and anyone or church that observes what it says shall be as a house that is built upon the Rock.

For the gates of hell shall not be able to prevail against it.

Thanks and God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What My Pastor Did That Made Me Quit My Church Today. / Why Doesnt Paul Quote Jesus? Have Been Thinking! / Why Hell Is Better Than Heaven!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.