Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! (1687 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja To Fulfil The Vow He Made If Buhari Wins (photos) / Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by wales(m): 6:26am On Sep 21, 2010
A presidential aspirant on the platform of Action Congress of Nigeria, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Monday said he was impressed at the style of governance in states such as Lagos, Edo, Ondo and Anambra and advised the Federal Government to learn from them.

The former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission explained that governance in these states was one of the things that motivated him to join the race and vowed to replicate it at the federal level.

Ribadu said these in Abuja as he formally joined the presidential race.

According to him, he will register with the ACN at his ward in Adamawa State, as soon as the party begins the registration of new members.

He said the elections symbolised a bigger picture for the country, adding that it would produce the biggest coalition of progressives.

He noted that progressives in the past had spoken with one voice and won elections, but were robbed of their victory by forces of political darkness.

Specifically, he mentioned the 1993 presidential election won by the late MKO Abiola and the 2007 election, which the biggest beneficiary, the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, condemned as flawed, as examples.

He said, “I am comfortable with what is happening in Lagos State; the possibility of good governance is there; I am also happy with what is happening in Edo and Ondo states.

“I am pleased with what is happening in Anambra State and that is why I am going in that direction. I want to bring good governance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

According to Ribadu, it is possible to build a new Nigeria from the rot in the nation.

“I am going to join Action Congress of Nigeria and I am going to register along with others when they start registering.

“I am going to pick my membership card in my ward and will be part of a team that will bring change. We are going to work hard for the realisation of the objective,” he said.

He promised to “use the same tactics, same strategies used at the EFCC to change Nigeria.”

However, he added that he was not entering the race as EFCC boss but would unite Nigerians, irrespective of creed, religion or ethnic background.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009211412934
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by wales(m): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2010
Although, i support young and educated people to become the President of Nigeria. But i dont want corrupt people like Bola Tinubu who governed Lagos State for 8 years without notting to show to decieve our respected Nuhu Ribadu to join the Presidential race. It is going to be a waste of time. Ribadu please dont let them decieve you
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by Abagworo(m): 7:03am On Sep 21, 2010
wales:

Although, i support young and educated people to become the President of Nigeria. But i dont want corrupt people like Bola Tinubu who governed Lagos State for 8 years without notting to show to decieve our respected Nuhu Ribadu to join the Presidential race. It is going to be a waste of time. Ribadu please dont let them decieve you

Tinubu did well and actually laid foundation for what Fashola is executing presently and remember Lagos was starved of cash by the OBJ government which was later paid in bulk to Fashola's government.
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by SHEAU(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2010
ACN? y not independent candidate. im not condemning ACN but my thought its too late for their presidntial campaign?
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by yemmight(m): 8:18am On Sep 21, 2010
wales:

Your point is baseless. Do you know Lagos @ all? Most of you guys stay here and read stories against Tinubu. The transformation of Lagos started from Tinubu and thats what Fashola is following. So whats ur point?
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by Abagworo(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2010
yemmight:

Your point is baseless. Do you know Lagos @ all? Most of you guys stay here and read stories against Tinubu. The transformation of Lagos started from Tinubu and thats what Fashola is following. So whats your point?

Tinubus most significant achievement is the swelling of the IGR(internally generated revenue) of Lagos.Being able to run the most populous state without federal allocation is not an easy fit.
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by dustydee: 9:38am On Sep 21, 2010
Good to see a young and progressive mind join the race , I think he is a lesser evil of the bunch so far.
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by zionsown: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2010
call me stupid, i really dont care for some reasons i really dont like this ribadu of a guy, i have hear him speak a number of time and i dont really like the feel of him. no disrespect, i hope he he wins the primaries then lost the main election. (amen). power is changing hand history must be made in nigeria becos God did not create nigeria for just the igbos, yoruba and hausa people, what happens to othe rtribe are they not nigerians? Bleep wazobia and bless nigeria a country of all tribe there in.
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by Guyman02: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
YEA! Let the new generation contest against themselves. We want to see a vibrant campaign of issues and not the politics of zoning.
GEAJ vs Ribadu
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by bjcisse: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
@zionsown, If there is any young and dynamic man who has demonstrate a goodwill and also done what Mr. Ribadu did in fighting those polluting this country, and came out from any party other than the PDP then i will vote for him. Even if the person come from the bayelsa.

The truth is, you and i needs change in this country and unless we employ credible Nigerians who will not fear anyone irrespective of the party men that put them there.

When i watch President Goodluck declaring last week Saturday on TV, my mind tells me that this man will work and turn Nigeria for the better especially the moves he has made on power and other infrastructure. But the truth is that he cannot bite the fingers of those who put him there somehow, if a PDP man enter 2011, it will be business as usual 100%. This we don't want as youth. Let just give someone like Mr. Ribadu a chance of just 4years then we can all decide weather want him second time.

This country has a great potentials; Most popular black nation; number 8 in world most popular countries, number 8 in the world countries by populations, among the Next Eleven Countries, Nigeria economy is one of the most fastest growing economy in the world, We are number 3 largest economy in Africa, We are suppose to be number one but because of bad leaders, corruption, and public funds mis-management, we came third. Note, South African is number one largest economy with just about 40,million population, Nigeria with about 160million coming third, you can do the math why? If i continue with this, i will write the whole of nairaland space.

ACN as demonstrate the position that they will fix Nigeria by fixing Lagos and some other party of the state we have ACN man ruling. I care NOT what happen 2011, at least i wont be selling my vote even if Ribadu lost it. The man is a respected man in international community. Let him be our MANDELA.

The NLC has promised to organize a presidential debate after all parties complete their primaries. So let watch from their debate who qualify to be in that post bearing in mind the many problems with Nigeria. Watch it like the debate of Mr. Brown and the formal prime minister of UK, Watch it like the debate of President Obama and the republican in the united states.
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by EFFRAKATA: 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
Fellow Nairalanders, this is not the time for pointing accussing fingers on Tinubu, Ribadu or xxxx.
This is a wake-up call for all who believe in the making of a New Nigeria to say no to this Monarchical Democracy practiced in Nigeria. we are tired of hearing old names in the Government i.e IBB, SARAKI, name them. This is d time 4 change. Suport the young generation who are hell bent in changing the state of corupt affairs for good. Suport Fashola, support Ribadu, Support Goodluck, suport every nigeria that believe in change, i mean radical change.
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by usbcable(m): 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
I sincerely hope Jonathan wins the PDP primaries and Ribadu that of ACN.
And then hopefully GEJ wins the main election.
I feel(hopefully though) he wont disappoint.
But if he doesn't then Ribadu is another nice option.IMO.
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2010
2011 will be a nice year for all
Re: Fg Should Learn From Lagos, Others – Ribadu ! by jason12345: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
H$LBroker:

2011 will be a nice year for all
amen to that

(1) (Reply)

Te / Rochas Okorocha Is A Scam / Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.