Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,141 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (41628 Views)

Two Job Offers: I'm Confused / I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / How I Got Two Employment Letters Simultaneously Yesterday In A Twinkle Of An Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by DaHrNn0001: 5:57pm On May 06, 2019
First, Confirm your name on the shortlist,
Having a job with security is a factor to be considered and what renumeration will it afford after retirement...
Federal Job
Job security
Gratuity & Pension

Private
No Job security
Lots of travel and other benefits if applicable in your position
Retirement Party

Choose one

5 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by deltateam: 5:57pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:
Hi guys. I have never been more confused in my life than today.
I lost my contract job on the 28th of March 2018. Since then, I have been networking and applying for jobs online too.

Fast forward to today, I got offer letter from a private firm I did interview with 2 weeks ago and I was asked to resume tomorrow, May 7th. Now today again, a federal university I submitted my CV with (man know man thing) contacted me that my name is on the latest employment list released. Both jobs have almost the same salary. I'm confused like kilode! I don't know what to do. My mind is tilting towards the federal job but it will require me to relocate while the private firm's own is located in my state of residence.

I have never been this confused in my life. The private firm's employment offer demands two weeks notice before I resign or they will hold my guarantors. Please advise dispassionately. I have been looking for work for nearly two months. Now, it's coming as a confusion to me.

Mods please move this to front page. I need to think properly. Opportunities like this don't come twice

You haven't even resumed and the private firm is threatening guarantors.

I use God beg you choose the Federal job. Private firm can lay you off anytime and its not stable.

You will know say you commit wella and even if you didn't know federal job will clear your doubt before they sack you and most times it has to do with acts of rascality like sleeping with female students or exam malpractices or such vices like bribery, sorting etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by TheOc: 5:57pm On May 06, 2019
Man,
That fed job is like an insurance.
Go there while you think personal investment ( like mechanized farming) on the side.
The private guys had already sent you warning even before you accept.
Choose fed.

5 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Frezhkid10(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2019
..take the private firm and connect me with the fed. Job

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by OkCornel(m): 5:59pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:
I lost my contract job on the 28th of March 2018. Since then, I have been networking and applying for jobs online too.

Fast forward to today, I got offer letter from a private firm I did interview with 2 weeks ago and I was asked to resume tomorrow, May 7th. Now today again, a federal university I submitted my CV with (man know man thing) contacted me that my name is on the latest employment list released. Both jobs have almost the same salary. I'm confused like kilode! I don't know what to do. My mind is tilting towards the federal job but it will require me to relocate while the private firm's own is located in my state of residence.

I have never been this confused in my life. The private firm's employment offer demands two weeks notice before I resign or they will hold my guarantors. Please advise dispassionately. I have been looking for work for nearly two months. Now, it's coming as a confusion to me.

Mods please move this to front page. I need to think properly. Opportunities like this don't come twice

Think about the immediate and long term prospects of each alternative. You don't want a job where you'll feel stuck in the long run just because the kind of experience you'll get there won't open further doors for you.

Consider;

1) Which of the jobs offer better prospects in landing you a better job after a few years of work experience
2) Working conditions (do your background check and ask questions).

Bear in mind that with the way things are changing rapidly in recent times... a seemingly stable and secure job today might be a volatile one tomorrow...that is if it would exist tomorrow!

I'll modify this post if I have other things to add

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by deltateam: 5:59pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:
That's my offer acceptance letter from the private firm. I have already filled and scanned it back to them before I received news of my name being in the employment list of a Federal university.

Mods please help me send this to FP. Please

Showing this is not necessary.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Neddyogu(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2019
Confusion nor dey anywhere. Federal job sure pass. I myself had to relocate from Abuja to d east cos of Federal job stuff. With a federal job, u can do ur private thing o and side hustles unlike private jobs dat will tie u down. Private jobs Na just slave labor. Think federal, go federal.

11 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by BABANGBALI: 6:01pm On May 06, 2019
There are lots of goodies in the university jo. Money and pussy yanfun yanfun
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by capitalzero: 6:01pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

take federal job unless the firm is an international firm

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by strongguy(m): 6:01pm On May 06, 2019
My advice is you pray and let God lead you to the right one.The way that seems right sometimes might not be,though the Fed uni.job is preferred but still pray for God's guidance

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by fimi: 6:01pm On May 06, 2019
God pls answer me too na.Congratulations OP,please i will advice you take the federal job.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by ufotty2001: 6:01pm On May 06, 2019
if you dont want your life to look like my own avoid anything private sector jobs

2 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by yankison(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Go and take federal job , coz the security and they would keep promoting you .. hut bro please I need your link for job abeg abeg abeg .. add me pls 2347018976383
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by nairaland0753: 6:07pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Take the federal which is more secured. Please i beg you to link me up so my brother can apply. If he scales through the interview, then thank God and if he also doesn't scale through, we will still thank God. All we are doing is trying to help in our own ways. Thank you and congratulations
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by DeRay98(m): 6:08pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Sebi dem say job no dey? Congrats on positive confusion bro.
Job no dey, job no dey many people are just wining. It all got to do what you read in school.
There are many modern day and skill requiring jobs searching for qualified people but not many can fill the vacant slots.
My 2 nephews graduated from Unilag, 3 and 2yrs ago respectively with 2.1 each in Elect/Elect and Systems Engineering.
None of them spent a day after nysc at home without a job. Infact, both of them have changed jobs in the space of 2yrs.
If you know, you know.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Samakus(m): 6:08pm On May 06, 2019
moneyest:
Where's the private establishment situated?
Which state?

Garden city
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by adamschoice777(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2019
fed.govt offer is better in term of job security

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by oluwoleife: 6:12pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

My advice is u resume at the private firm first and then resign when u get ur appointment letter.
Sometimes u can be among successful candidate in fed jobs yet u dont resume until after some months.
Dont lose on both sides except u really dont want to relocate and u are sure of ur resumption date with the other

7 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nackzy: 6:15pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Imagine the question you're asking, without thinking twice grab the federal university job with both hands, job security is very Important, My guy

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by adecz: 6:22pm On May 06, 2019
If you want to start a career and
settle down, go for the fed govt offer, so
long as its not In herdsmen or
Boko Haram zone.

If you want to still be doing upandan job
with no job security, go for private.

Expand your horizons.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Samakus(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2019
Thank you guys! Your advice is so treasured. I have made up my mind. I will accept the private firm's offer while waiting for offer letter from the federal Ivy. Once I get the offer letter, I migrate ( while appealing to the private firm's management for understanding and suggesting a replacement if they will agree).

To all job seekers, never stop applying. Even if they are sending regret mails(as I do receive too), continue applying. Behind up your CV regularly and continue applying. If it's not the expected, then it hasn't ended. I made it a point to apply for at least 7 jobs in every single weekday. Just keep on applying. We know that "man know man" is there but don't be deterred. Just continue applying while getting your CV brushed up to contemporary status.

May God see us through

14 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by moneyest(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Garden city

Connect me my guy
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by larrypourl(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Bro, I work in one of the FCE and I can tell you the pay isn't that bad, for BSc, you're gonna earn nothing less than 1m after deductions annually. So you going to the Uni is a very good choice with better pay. The Job Security is Second to none, salary is constant, promotion in Higher Institutions is also constant, Pension, Freedom amongst others. I relocated from Lagos to get the job too. I was scared initially but glad I made the move. Cost of living here is damn cheap, etc. Just make sure you join one Cooperative in the school so you won't spend all your salary anyhow. I save 65% of my income monthly to tell you how reasonable the cost of living is. Being a civil servant with FG is good only if you don't spend above your means and be moderate in your dealings as well.
My 2cents.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Benekruku(m): 6:24pm On May 06, 2019
Reject the two and start a church

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by RedboneSmith(m): 6:24pm On May 06, 2019
Take the job with the Federal University. But be ready to work for as much as three months if not more before your salary starts coming in. grin

2 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Samakus(m): 6:25pm On May 06, 2019
moneyest:

Connect me my guy

Only God can connect a man. I saw your DM. I will make proposal for a replacement if need be. Continue believing
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Samakus(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2019
larrypourl:

Bro, I work in one of the FG Colleges of Education and I can tell you the pay isn't that bad, for BSc, you're gonna earn nothing less than 1m after deductions annually. So you going to the Uni is a very good choice with better pay. The Job Security is Second to none, salary is constant, promotion in Higher Institutions is also constant, Pension, Freedom amongst others. I relocated from Lagos to get the job too. I was scared initially but glad I made the move. Cost of living here is damn cheap, etc. Just make sure you join one Cooperative so you won't spend all your salary anyhow. I save 65% of my income monthly to tell you how reasonable the cost of loving is. Being a civil servant with FG is good only if you don't spend above your means and be moderate in your dealings as well.
My 2cents.

Thank you bro. You made so much sense. The new minimum wage will make the pay more attractive too. Thanks man

2 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2019
Accept the private job first then resign when you've been given appointment letter by the federal job.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Jaii(m): 6:28pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Bro congratulations. first, i doubt that both salaries are almost equal because federal govt has increased minimum wage, thats a game changer. did u calculate base on the new wage? second, i wish u stated the state u live and the state you are to relocate to. but relocation is never a bad thing you a man, step out as long as the new state is safe and take new challenges. third, federal govt job has security. no matter how economy hard, they never sack and salary would always come. remember that! fourth, fed jobs will give u time for other things. there is a wonderful work/life balance there. use the extra time and nurture ur investments.

PS: its a university environment bro. there are lots of ladies and a lot of fun. bros na dream job o. if you r single. grin cheesy

I'm a job seeker too. i stay in KD. i could send a PM bro. i am not expecting favours, just building a network.

4 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Jaii(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Accept the private job first then resign when you've been given appointment letter by the federal job.

very true

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Platony(m): 6:30pm On May 06, 2019
No need to be confused bro. Federal sure pass, that one is guaranteed.

It is a rare thing to get fired from a federal job, by who, as as how?
but private... U can get sacked for eating Bigi instead of Rite sausage roll grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dragnet Aptitude Test For Nigerian Bottling Company / “Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Pains Of A Recruiter / HR Mgr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.