Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (41629 Views)

Two Job Offers: I'm Confused / I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / How I Got Two Employment Letters Simultaneously Yesterday In A Twinkle Of An Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by madridsta007(m): 8:53pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:
Hi guys. I have never been more confused in my life than today.
I lost my contract job on the 28th of March 2018. Since then, I have been networking and applying for jobs online too.

Fast forward to today, I got offer letter from a private firm I did interview with 2 weeks ago and I was asked to resume tomorrow, May 7th. Now today again, a federal university I submitted my CV with (man know man thing) contacted me that my name is on the latest employment list released. Both jobs have almost the same salary. I'm confused like kilode! I don't know what to do. My mind is tilting towards the federal job but it will require me to relocate while the private firm's own is located in my state of residence.

I have never been this confused in my life. The private firm's employment offer demands two weeks notice before I resign or they will hold my guarantors. Please advise dispassionately. I have been looking for work for nearly two months. Now, it's coming as a confusion to me.

Mods please move this to front page. I need to think properly. Opportunities like this don't come twice

Federal job.
Job security and opportunity to improve and grow your research profile, publish, apply for a scholarship abroad and leave the country.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by dustydee: 8:55pm On May 06, 2019
1984och:
Take the federal job sir.

Kindly link me with the private job.

Thanks

__________Modified___________

Despite being the first to ask the Op to link me with the private job, he ignored and linked someone else(a female)! Wetin man dey do him fellow man! cry
How did you arrive at this conclusion? He has repeatedly said he will see if he can recommend someone to take his place, how do you expect him to do that when he has not decided to leave the job yet? Please stop hastily jumping into conclusions especially as you are still looking for a job as i could lead to loss of opportunities.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by kolaaderin: 9:01pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:
That's my offer acceptance letter from the private firm. I have already filled and scanned it back to them before I received news of my name being in the employment list of a Federal university.

Mods please help me send this to FP. Please
go start work your grace, while you wait till you have the letter from the fed. Shortlisted name Is not a guarantee of the job my grace. Till then nairaland can advice you on how to tender your resignation letter to the lords of the private firm.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by emol(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2019
Public
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by scholar44(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2019
Helo pls ur number ,my is 07061941317.let talk abt skil job.pls
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 06, 2019
dustydee:

How did you arrive at this conclusion? He has repeatedly said he will see if he can recommend someone to take his place, how do you expect him to do that when he has not decided to leave the job yet? Please stop hastily jumping into conclusions especially as you are still looking for a job as i could lead to loss of opportunities.

Read from the beginning, you will understand.

I asked for a link first and he told a lady who asked for the same link after, to DM him. I never concluded he has given out the job
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by julioralph(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2019
1984och:

Thanks

Despite being the first to ask the Op to link me with the private job, he ignored and linked someone else(a female)! Wetin man dey do him fellow man! cry
... lipsrsealed.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Goddyj(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2019
I don't know why I'm the only person advising the OP to take the Private firm's job.

Maybe there's something I'm seeing that others can not see.

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by AlphaT1(m): 9:43pm On May 06, 2019
Eco101:
You already know the truth, I am sure this question is just for formality sake. Perhaps, incase your village people have decided to blindfold you, kindly return the appointment letter to the Private firm if you are really sure of the Fed. Govt job. The two are not comparable even if the Private Firm salary is higher. Fed. Govt job remains the best, even better than most Multinational company jobs, except you are looking at a career path you want to pursue.
Bros fed. govt jobs are over-rated. Apart from the juicy agencies like CBN, NCC, NNPC, NIMASA etc. all the others na wash......as an assistant lecturer in a fed university, my salary was 115k, na me carry my leg run enter private...no be all private dey bad; higher salary, more bonuses, more training opportunities, faster growth etc.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by dustydee: 9:43pm On May 06, 2019
1984och:

Read from the beginning, you will understand.

I asked for a link first and he told a lady who asked for the same link after, to DM him. I never concluded he has given out the job
He asked her to DM him and you said "he ignored and linked someone else". Read your comment again.
All I am trying to say is do not be quick to crucify someone as it may lead to missed opportunities.
Wish you the best.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 06, 2019
1984och:

Lagos State Sir

If I have slot again. I will hit you up.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by mechanics(m): 10:00pm On May 06, 2019
Go for the federal job.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by mayoor2045(m): 10:03pm On May 06, 2019
Every spirit of data waster die by fire in jesus name...Op abeg that prayer is not for u ooo, because you're a serious confusionist, fed govt job to private firm job, oga u need to see ur Fadeyi Oloro or Adeboye ok!
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by saintofheaven: 10:05pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:
I lost my contract job on the 28th of March 2018. Since then, I have been networking and applying for jobs online too.

Fast forward to today, I got offer letter from a private firm I did interview with 2 weeks ago and I was asked to resume tomorrow, May 7th. Now today again, a federal university I submitted my CV with (man know man thing) contacted me that my name is on the latest employment list released. Both jobs have almost the same salary. I'm confused like kilode! I don't know what to do. My mind is tilting towards the federal job but it will require me to relocate while the private firm's own is located in my state of residence.

I have never been this confused in my life. The private firm's employment offer demands two weeks notice before I resign or they will hold my guarantors. Please advise dispassionately. I have been looking for work for nearly two months. Now, it's coming as a confusion to me.

Mods please move this to front page. I need to think properly. Opportunities like this don't come twice

take the federal job and link me with the private firm biko....here is my number 08064275330 u can call or WhatsApp me. I am badly in need of a job. thanks
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Jethro2018: 10:07pm On May 06, 2019
Fed govt job is better 0oo
hook me up if any opportunity, 5 month salaries for you
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by oduademonest: 10:21pm On May 06, 2019
Turn both jobs down, continue to apply online and in person until you are less confused
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 06, 2019
Ire2:

If I have slot again. I will hit you up.

Thank k you sir

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 06, 2019
dustydee:

He asked her to DM him and you said "he ignored and linked someone else". Read your comment again.
All I am trying to say is do not be quick to crucify someone as it may lead to missed opportunities.
Wish you the best.

Ur opinion is allowed. If I were in his shoes.....I'll answer the first person or I tell the first person to DM me.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:54pm On May 06, 2019
1984och:

Thanks

I wish I were an employer! I would have employed you already. embarassed
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by sprinter101(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Federal job so that when you are old and retired ,you still get paid pension
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Princeofasia: 2:40am On May 07, 2019
take the private firm. or better still ignore both of them.
no be advice you want?
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by engrJAAB: 7:41am On May 07, 2019
NO BIG DEAL BRO...Congratulations, everything na double double.

Go and resume at the private JOB first. The fed govt job just says your name is on the list, not that you should come and resume. It might still take months before you will called for verifications and resumption.

So go ahead to start the PRIVATE job. When it is time, simply give them the two weeks notice and leave.

2 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by WiseStarr(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2019
I'm sure the OP will surely know what to choose now if not tje village people are at work

This is the first time over 95% of people on this post are damn serious about Jobs
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Ajibaba101(m): 8:05am On May 07, 2019
what ever I one you chose all you need is success...see how you can succeed in business like a professional
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-succeed-in-business/
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Esheovo: 8:06am On May 07, 2019
I think you should take the federal job. However, you can start with private firm first. You may not start the federal job immediately.

Meanwhile, call for your excellent project research work of whatever kind.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 8:11am On May 07, 2019
Accept the private job for now because the federal job might not release your
appointment letter until months later. Also you can always resign from the private job and accept the federal job. The federal job usually give you more time to accept the offer. Relocating shouldn't be a big deal. Married people relocate and from your write up it seems you're single. If it's the location you don't want you can apply to another university with time.
All the best.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Esheovo: 8:25am On May 07, 2019
I think you should take the federal job. However, you can start with private firm first. You may not start the federal job immediately.

Meanwhile, call for your excellent project research work

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by sophiathefirst: 8:54am On May 07, 2019
1984och:

Ur opinion is allowed. If I were in his shoes.....I'll answer the first person or I tell the first person to DM me.
From my own perspective, But the first person didn't quote or mention the OP like the girl did. Of which he can easily see the mention. Unlike the open air many comments just like the first guy. The girl was specific not just commenting but quoting the OP direct for help.
From ur own perspective. How many times u don help ur fellow guy over a girl undecided
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Tkbktishmoffinn: 9:04am On May 07, 2019
Bros, before taking any action as regards the confirmed job placement at the private firm,please be double sure your your FG appointment letter is handy AND YOUR NAME NOT SUBSTITUTED on the long run. Resume with the Private firm first. Thank you.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Raalsalghul: 10:02am On May 07, 2019
Neddyogu:
Confusion nor dey anywhere. Federal job sure pass. I myself had to relocate from Abuja to d east cos of Federal job stuff. With a federal job, u can do ur private thing o and side hustles unlike private jobs dat will tie u down. Private jobs Na just slave labor. Think federal, go federal.
True!
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 10:07am On May 07, 2019
sophiathefirst:

How many times u don help ur fellow guy over a girl undecided

Can't count how many times I've done this.
My believe: Whatever you do for a man, is a debt, which could be returned someday. Whatever you do for a woman, is a gift!

If I have offended you or any other person by my comments, pls I'm deeply sorry. I beg to allow sleeping dog lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dragnet Aptitude Test For Nigerian Bottling Company / “Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Pains Of A Recruiter / HR Mgr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.