Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (41632 Views)

Two Job Offers: I'm Confused / I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / How I Got Two Employment Letters Simultaneously Yesterday In A Twinkle Of An Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by mylove4God(f): 6:30pm On May 06, 2019
First of all congrats. Getting a job nowadays in our country is not easy, talk more of two jobs.

If I were to be you, I will go for the federal job.

2 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by tunize(m): 6:31pm On May 06, 2019
why apply for the fed. job wen u know u're not ready to relocate? baba life na all abou movement ooh, hustlers have no home. beside for u job security jst take the government job.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Samakus(m): 6:32pm On May 06, 2019
Jaii:

Bro congratulations. first, i doubt that both salaries are almost equal because federal govt has increased minimum wage, thats a game changer. did u calculate base on the new wage? second, i wish u stated the state u live and the state you are to relocate to. but relocation is never a bad thing you a man, step out as long as the new state is safe and take new challenges. third, federal govt job has security. no matter how economy hard, they never sack and salary would always come. remember that! fourth, fed jobs will give u time for other things. there is a wonderful work/life balance there. use the extra time and nurture ur investments.

PS: its a university environment bro. there are lots of ladies and a lot of fun. bros na dream job o. if you r single. grin cheesy

I'm a job seeker too. i stay in KD. i could send a PM bro. i am not expecting favours, just building a network.

Thanks man. I calculated based on the 18k minimum wage. I'm single too but almost married. So fun is not really what I seek right now.

KD is far from where I currently stay(South South). May God see you through

3 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Olumyyde(m): 6:32pm On May 06, 2019
My counsel is take the federal job. I was working with a private finance-based organization n left for the federal job I'm doing now in another state, both were paying almost same salaries at the time. GOD will help u as u make ur choice bro.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Samakus(m): 6:32pm On May 06, 2019
mylove4God:
First of all congrats. Getting a job nowadays in our country is not easy, talk more of two jobs.

If I were to be you, I will go for the federal job.

Many thanks
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by larrypourl(m): 6:34pm On May 06, 2019
Jaii:

Bro congratulations. first, i doubt that both salaries are almost equal because federal govt has increased minimum wage, thats a game changer. did u calculate base on the new wage? second, i wish u stated the state u live and the state you are to relocate to. but relocation is never a bad thing you a man, step out as long as the new state is safe and take new challenges. third, federal govt job has security. no matter how economy hard, they never sack and salary would always come. remember that! fourth, fed jobs will give u time for other things. there is a wonderful work/life balance there. use the extra time and nurture ur investments.

PS: its a university environment bro. there are lots of ladies and a lot of fun. bros na dream job o. if you r single. grin cheesy

I'm a job seeker too. i stay in KD. i could send a PM bro. i am not expecting favours, just building a network.

Your second to the last paragraph got me. You no lie bro, but you can't do than yourself oo. I had the same feeling when I got there too, but e go tire you and you wouldn't want a dent image as well. All na with caution D;

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 06, 2019
I hate to work with a private firm.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by blesoh(f): 6:35pm On May 06, 2019
Federal is better especially as the salary is almost the same
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by CanineOfJackal: 6:36pm On May 06, 2019
iTearHerToto:
It's a bad thing to be confused. Very badthing sad. Quickly Dump the two jobs and be free of confusion angry
This is very funny
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by frostmate2: 6:37pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:
Hi guys. I have never been more confused in my life than today.
I lost my contract job on the 28th of March 2018. Since then, I have been networking and applying for jobs online too.

Fast forward to today, I got offer letter from a private firm I did interview with 2 weeks ago and I was asked to resume tomorrow, May 7th. Now today again, a federal university I submitted my CV with (man know man thing) contacted me that my name is on the latest employment list released. Both jobs have almost the same salary. I'm confused like kilode! I don't know what to do. My mind is tilting towards the federal job but it will require me to relocate while the private firm's own is located in my state of residence.

I have never been this confused in my life. The private firm's employment offer demands two weeks notice before I resign or they will hold my guarantors. Please advise dispassionately. I have been looking for work for nearly two months. Now, it's coming as a confusion to me.

Mods please move this to front page. I need to think properly. Opportunities like this don't come twice

Take the federal job

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Ozzypen(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2019
Follow your heart and decide which is best for you
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Ezi1993(f): 6:38pm On May 06, 2019
please kindly allocate one to me na��
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Deepocean(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2019
After 48 hours, count the number of people that told you to go for private firm and count the number of people that advised you to go for federal work. Choose the one that has the higher number and go for that.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Rahym001(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2019
don't allow village people to decive u pls.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 06, 2019
BABANGBALI:
There are lots of goodies in the university jo. Money and pussy yanfun yanfun
He won't last in his fed job if he follows your advise.

2 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by moneyest(m): 6:39pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Only God can connect a man. I saw your DM. I will make proposal for a replacement if need be. Continue believing

Thanks man
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by equity1(m): 6:40pm On May 06, 2019
Mariangeles:
Go for the private firm.

You'll learn so much and improve on your skills while working for a private firm than a government owned establishment .

Besides, now is not the time for you to move, since that'll cost you extra cash and time .
wrong adivce

2 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by na2016: 6:44pm On May 06, 2019
Confirm for real that your name is on the shortlist for the federal job
and please ensure you get the letter of employment at the federal uni.
I strongly think you should pick the federal job because of many reasons that I don't want to mention here.

Good luck!
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by deavicky(m): 6:45pm On May 06, 2019
I think you should ask ur girlfriend. Whatever she says is my opinion.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by AgreatMan: 6:46pm On May 06, 2019
U only have one job which is the private job. Stop confusing yourself.

Start d private. that federal job might still take some time giving u enough time to see if u like d private practice.

Personally, I will take the private job. Maybe it's because a part of me hate the idea of earning without working. Some goveojobs r dope tho

5 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Francejaik(m): 6:46pm On May 06, 2019
Federal government job all the way

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Mcadamson: 6:49pm On May 06, 2019
oluwoleife:

Best advice so far.

My advice is u resume at the private firm first and then resign when u get ur appointment letter.
Sometimes u can be among successful candidate in fed jobs yet u dont resume until after some months.
Dont lose on both sides except u really dont want to relocate and u are sure of ur resumption date with the other
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by plat0: 6:50pm On May 06, 2019
DeRay98:

Sebi dem say job no dey? Congrats on positive confusion bro.
Job no dey, job no dey many people are just wining. It all got to do what you read in school.
There are many modern day and skill requiring jobs searching for qualified people but not many can fill the vacant slots.
My 2 nephews graduated from Unilag, 3 and 2yrs ago respectively with 2.1 each in Elect/Elect and Systems Engineering.
None of them spent a day after nysc at home without a job. Infact, both of them have changed jobs in the space of 2yrs.
If you know, you know.
Interesting!

I'll be rounding up next year( EEE).
What skills do I need to be indispensable like your nephews?

Your reply will be most appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Missylady: 6:51pm On May 06, 2019
Take d Fed government job. Because of job security. But is sad that I was given job with a fed university n after 3months it was terminated for no good reason. Congratulations to u
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 06, 2019
Samakus:

Send me dm

Sent.
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Mcadamson: 6:55pm On May 06, 2019
This is the best advice so far.
It's better you accept the private firm offer till you are given appointment letter at the Federal job.
Some intrigues and politicking might still play out regarding the federal job which may not favour you, God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 06, 2019
Missylady:
Take d Fed government job. Because of job security. But is sad that I was given job with a fed university n after 3months it was terminated for no good reason. Congratulations to u

Oh dear...God will provide another for you.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by flourishing247: 6:56pm On May 06, 2019
Mariangeles:
Go for the private firm.

You'll learn so much and improve on your skills while working for a private firm than a government owned establishment .

Besides, now is not the time for you to move, since that'll cost you extra cash and time .

Who are you? What manner of advice is this?

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by Isoduwa(m): 6:57pm On May 06, 2019
[quote author=Samakus post=78155606]Hi guys. I have never been more confused in my life than today.
I lost my contract job on the 28th of March 2018. Since then, I have been networking and applying for jobs online too.

Fast forward to today, I got offer letter from a private firm I did interview with 2 weeks ago and I was asked to resume tomorrow, May 7th. Now today again, a federal university I submitted my CV with (man know man thing) contacted me that my name is on the latest employment list released. Both jobs have almost the same salary. I'm confused like kilode! I don't know what to do. My mind is tilting towards the federal job but it will require me to relocate while the private firm's own is located in my state of residence.

I have never been this confused in my life. The private firm's employment offer demands two weeks notice before I resign or they will hold my guarantors. Please advise dispassionately. I have been looking for work for nearly two months. Now, it's coming as a confusion to me.

Mods please move this to front page. I need to think properly. Opportunities like this don't come twice

Always do your best, don't let the pressure make you panic
And when you get stranded
And things don't go the way you planned it
Dream of riches, in a position of makin' a difference
Politicians and hypocrites, they don't wanna listen
Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by hismond(m): 6:57pm On May 06, 2019
you should find it hard to relocate only if you are married, otherwise you have no excuse feeling comfortable in your hometown when a federal govt job awaits you.

write the private company back & state reasons why you can't resume, maybe you'll have to do some pleading too

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose by GALATICOS3015(m): 6:58pm On May 06, 2019
Combine the two, if u know you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dragnet Aptitude Test For Nigerian Bottling Company / “Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Pains Of A Recruiter / HR Mgr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.