Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Respecting Religions - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Respecting Religions (3116 Views)

Respecting A Commitment Made / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respecting Religions by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 14, 2007
while you beat the drums dear,I expect to see babs doing some nkponkiti dancing
Re: Respecting Religions by nago2007(m): 9:50am On May 15, 2007
Dear brothers/Sisters

Nowadays, the people's gatherings are filled with unrestrained conversations that seem to cover every area. If one were to judge these, they could only come to the conclusion that the vast majority of these conversations are comprised of useless or even harmful talk. This is certainly not why Allaah has gifted us with tongues and this definitely not how gifts are appreciated. Allaah says that which what translates as: "No good is there in much of their private conversation, except for those who enjoin charity or that which is right or conciliation between people. And whoever does that seeking the means to the approval of Allaah - then We are going to give them a great reward." (An-Nisaa' 4:114).

Islaam has given great emphasis to speech and on the way that words are delivered, as this reflects people's thoughts and mentality, as well as how morality, or its opposite, is spread through society.

A person must ask himself before saying anything: `Is there any need for me to talk?' If there is a need, then it is fine to talk.
Otherwise, silence is better because refraining from unnecessary speech is a form of worship which has a great reward.

`Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: "I swear by the One besides Whom there is nothing worthy of worship: one's need to imprison their tongue is greater than anything else."

Ibn `Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: "Achieving the following five matters is more beneficial than owning the best types of horses:

1.      Not involving yourselves in conversations that do not concern you, as there is no guarantee that you would not sin

therein.

2.      Not talking about things that do concern you, until you find the proper time; as a person may talk about a matter that

does concern them but at the wrong time and therefore produce a bad consequence.

3.      Not arguing with a wise or a foolish person, as the wise person would desert you and the foolish person would humiliate

you.

4.      Mentioning your brother, in his absence, with things with which you would wish him to mention you with in your absence

- and forgiving him for that which you would wish him to forgive you for.

5.      Performing the actions of one who is certain that he would be rewarded for the good and punished for the bad that he

does".

A Muslim cannot achieve these five things unless he strictly controls his tongue, silences it whenever he wishes and curtails any
unnecessary activity on its part. As for those who are driven by their tongues, they are being piloted to their destruction.

Loose talk causes one to become heedless. It is a fact that the majority of those who take the lead in vain talk during sinful gatherings talk so much that one who listens to them comes to realise that they themselves are not aware of what they are saying and that there is no thought-process behind their words.

This is exactly the reason why the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam advised Abu Dharr, may Allaah be pleased with him, saying: "Stay silent for long periods, as this keeps Satan away from you and helps you in the practice of your religion." He sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam also said: "No servants of Allaah's belief will be correct until his heart is corrected, and his heart will never be corrected until his tongue is"  The first phase of achieving this correctness is for a person to give up that which does not concern them and not to involve themselves in things that they were not asked about, as the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "A sign of one's good practice of Islaam, is having given up that which does not concern them"

Shunning frivolities and idle talk is the gate to success. Allaah says that which translates as: "Certainly will the believers have succeeded. They who are during their prayer humbly submissive. And they who turn away from ill speech." (Al-Mu'minoon 23:1-3). Islaam has dispraised frivolities and idle talk as they are immaterial and evil. In fact, the more a person stays away from them, the higher their rank becomes with Allaah. Conversely, the more a person indulges in them, the more their punishment will be with Allaah, this is why the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "A slave (of Allaah) will utter a word for no other reason but to make people laugh, and it would cause him to go down into Hell as far as the distance between the Heavens and the earth; and a person will slip with his tongue more often than he will stumble off his feet".

Allaah took a pledge from the children of Israel not to say but that which is good, as He said that which translates as: "And [recall] when We took the covenant from the Children of Israel, [enjoining upon them], `Do not worship except Allaah; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words]." (Al-Baqarah 2:83).

Kind words are effectual with friends and enemies alike. As for friends, they will maintain the good relationship and prolong the friendship - and prevent the traps of Satan as Allaah says that which translates as: "And tell My servants to say that which is best. Indeed, Satan induces [dissension] among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy." (Al-Israa' 17:53). As for enemies, it will put out the fire of their enmity and prevent any further evil to take place, or at least reduce it, as Allaah says that which translates as: "And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon, the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend." (Fussilat 41:34).

Another benefit of kind and upright words, are that they get people accustomed to polite and pleasant ways of expressing themselves. The Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "One cannot endear people to themselves by means of wealth, but can do so with a smiling face and good conduct"

Anas bin Maalik, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that a man came to the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam and asked: "Teach me something that would result in me entering Paradise": the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam replied: "Feed the people, spread the greetings of salaam, keep good ties with your kith and kin and pray at night while the people are sleeping and you will enter Jannah peacefully"

If these are the ranks that those who possess good conduct and proper manners possess, then what a great loss it is for those who are harsh, argumentative, shameless and unrelenting. Nothing will stop such people and no reminder will benefit them; such people will always harm others whenever an opportunity arises to satisfy their habit of fighting and arguing. If one is tested by having to deal with such a character, then they must try to avoid their evil, and deal gently with them. The Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "The most evil of people in rank on the day of judgement, are those who people avoid due to their evil". That is why Allaah regards good conduct as the foremost of the desired characteristics of His slaves, which protects them from evil. He says that which translates as: "And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth without arrogance, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words] of peace." (Al-Furqaan 25:63) and He also says that which translates as: "And when they hear ill speech, they turn away from it and say, `For us are our deeds, and for you are your deeds. Peace will be upon you; we seek not the ignorant.'" (Al-Qasas 28:55).

Peace/
Re: Respecting Religions by Gwaine(m): 10:12am On May 15, 2007
@n-ago-2007

n-ago-2007:

Dear brothers/Sisters

Nowadays, the people's gatherings are filled with unrestrained conversations that seem to cover every area. If one were to judge these, they could only come to the conclusion that the vast majority of these conversations are comprised of useless or even harmful talk. This is certainly not why Allaah has gifted us with tongues and this definitely not how gifts are appreciated. Allaah says that which what translates as: "No good is there in much of their private conversation, except for those who enjoin charity or that which is right or conciliation between people. And whoever does that seeking the means to the approval of Allaah - then We are going to give them a great reward." (An-Nisaa' 4:114).

Islaam has given great emphasis to speech and on the way that words are delivered, as this reflects people's thoughts and mentality, as well as how morality, or its opposite, is spread through society.

A person must ask himself before saying anything: `Is there any need for me to talk?' If there is a need, then it is fine to talk.
Otherwise, silence is better because refraining from unnecessary speech is a form of worship which has a great reward.

`Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: "I swear by the One besides Whom there is nothing worthy of worship: one's need to imprison their tongue is greater than anything else."

Ibn `Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: "Achieving the following five matters is more beneficial than owning the best types of horses:

1. Not involving yourselves in conversations that do not concern you, as there is no guarantee that you would not sin

therein.

2. Not talking about things that do concern you, until you find the proper time; as a person may talk about a matter that

does concern them but at the wrong time and therefore produce a bad consequence.

3. Not arguing with a wise or a foolish person, as the wise person would desert you and the foolish person would humiliate

you.

4. Mentioning your brother, in his absence, with things with which you would wish him to mention you with in your absence

- and forgiving him for that which you would wish him to forgive you for.

5. Performing the actions of one who is certain that he would be rewarded for the good and punished for the bad that he

does".

A Muslim cannot achieve these five things unless he strictly controls his tongue, silences it whenever he wishes and curtails any
unnecessary activity on its part. As for those who are driven by their tongues, they are being piloted to their destruction.

Loose talk causes one to become heedless. It is a fact that the majority of those who take the lead in vain talk during sinful gatherings talk so much that one who listens to them comes to realise that they themselves are not aware of what they are saying and that there is no thought-process behind their words.

This is exactly the reason why the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam advised Abu Dharr, may Allaah be pleased with him, saying: "Stay silent for long periods, as this keeps Satan away from you and helps you in the practice of your religion." He sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam also said: "No servants of Allaah's belief will be correct until his heart is corrected, and his heart will never be corrected until his tongue is" The first phase of achieving this correctness is for a person to give up that which does not concern them and not to involve themselves in things that they were not asked about, as the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "A sign of one's good practice of Islaam, is having given up that which does not concern them"

Shunning frivolities and idle talk is the gate to success. Allaah says that which translates as: "Certainly will the believers have succeeded. They who are during their prayer humbly submissive. And they who turn away from ill speech." (Al-Mu'minoon 23:1-3). Islaam has dispraised frivolities and idle talk as they are immaterial and evil. In fact, the more a person stays away from them, the higher their rank becomes with Allaah. Conversely, the more a person indulges in them, the more their punishment will be with Allaah, this is why the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "A slave (of Allaah) will utter a word for no other reason but to make people laugh, and it would cause him to go down into Hell as far as the distance between the Heavens and the earth; and a person will slip with his tongue more often than he will stumble off his feet".

Allaah took a pledge from the children of Israel not to say but that which is good, as He said that which translates as: "And [recall] when We took the covenant from the Children of Israel, [enjoining upon them], `Do not worship except Allaah; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words]." (Al-Baqarah 2:83).

Kind words are effectual with friends and enemies alike. As for friends, they will maintain the good relationship and prolong the friendship - and prevent the traps of Satan as Allaah says that which translates as: "And tell My servants to say that which is best. Indeed, Satan induces [dissension] among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy." (Al-Israa' 17:53). As for enemies, it will put out the fire of their enmity and prevent any further evil to take place, or at least reduce it, as Allaah says that which translates as: "And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon, the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend." (Fussilat 41:34).

Another benefit of kind and upright words, are that they get people accustomed to polite and pleasant ways of expressing themselves. The Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "One cannot endear people to themselves by means of wealth, but can do so with a smiling face and good conduct"

Anas bin Maalik, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that a man came to the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam and asked: "Teach me something that would result in me entering Paradise": the Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam replied: "Feed the people, spread the greetings of salaam, keep good ties with your kith and kin and pray at night while the people are sleeping and you will enter Jannah peacefully"

If these are the ranks that those who possess good conduct and proper manners possess, then what a great loss it is for those who are harsh, argumentative, shameless and unrelenting. Nothing will stop such people and no reminder will benefit them; such people will always harm others whenever an opportunity arises to satisfy their habit of fighting and arguing. If one is tested by having to deal with such a character, then they must try to avoid their evil, and deal gently with them. The Prophet sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam said: "The most evil of people in rank on the day of judgement, are those who people avoid due to their evil". That is why Allaah regards good conduct as the foremost of the desired characteristics of His slaves, which protects them from evil. He says that which translates as: "And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth without arrogance, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words] of peace." (Al-Furqaan 25:63) and He also says that which translates as: "And when they hear ill speech, they turn away from it and say, `For us are our deeds, and for you are your deeds. Peace will be upon you; we seek not the ignorant.'" (Al-Qasas 28:55).

Not bad stuff - from the Islamic POV. And no worries at all to repost from other websites so long as you remember to give due credit to the source/original authors.

[size=14pt] حصائد الألسن[/size]

http://www.alminbar.com/khutbaheng/303.htm

Regards. cool

---------------------------------

NB.
Forgot to add that I hope babs787 will be self-advised with the moral from the above.
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2007
@gwaine

The above should go to your folks that started their blasphemous threadsand posts.
Re: Respecting Religions by nossycheek(f): 11:22am On May 15, 2007
@blabs

stop crying wolf, at least allah must have heard enough of your whimping and cry
Re: Respecting Religions by Gwaine(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2007
babs787:

@gwaine

The above should go to your folks that started their blasphemous threadsand posts

Quit begging - that's for kids. Since you're deaf to n-ago-2007's appeal up there, you'll soon get to know the plain truth about Muhammad and Islam! cool
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2007
@Gwaine

Quit begging - that's for kids. Since you're deaf to n-ago-2007's appeal up there, you'll soon get to know the plain truth about Muhammad and Islam!

Begging who, you? You are not serious.
I am tired of your cry, please do whatever you want to do. You should read your posts before accusing me of same and I dont give a damn about who you may be.
Re: Respecting Religions by Gwaine(m): 8:27pm On May 15, 2007
babs787:

I am tired of your cry, please do whatever you want to do. You should read your posts before accusing me of same and I don't give a damn about who you may be.

Okay, relax. It was quite a good laugh you gave to have been so terrified! I go catch you again, and your eyes go red!! grin
Re: Respecting Religions by nago2007(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2007
Thanks Gwaine for the reminder, this is only typographical error. However i also try to pass a knowledge to audience that they may reflect. Anywayz thanks one more. embarassed
Re: Respecting Religions by Gwaine(m): 11:58pm On May 15, 2007
@n-ago-2007,

n-ago-2007:

Thanks Gwaine for the reminder, this is only typographical error. However i also try to pass a knowledge to audience that they may reflect. Anywayz thanks one more. embarassed

No worries. We all often make mistakes - and I have as well on a few occasions.

Regards. cool
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 1:38pm On May 16, 2007
@Gwaine

grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Respecting Religions by mrpataki(m): 1:44pm On May 16, 2007
babs787:

@Gwaine

I am tired of your cry, please do whatever you want to do. You should read your posts before accusing me of same and I don't give a damn about who you may be.

Are you already getting frustrated this early blabs? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2007
@pataki

Organogram man

mrpataki:

Are you already getting frustrated this early blabs? grin grin grin grin grin

For where, no shaking grin grin
Re: Respecting Religions by mukina2: 2:06pm On May 16, 2007
@babs cool

yim asap angry
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2007
@mukina

I will baby, am on my way. I am sorry for not being online since, yahoo has been giving me prob and I know the cause, its that yeye wizard Gwaine that affected my system with his viral threat grin grin grin

@pataki

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

I sign out
Re: Respecting Religions by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 16, 2007
babs787:

@mukina

I will baby, am on my way. I am sorry for not being online since, yahoo has been giving me prob and I know the cause, its that yeye wizard Gwaine that affected my system with his viral threat grin grin grin

@pataki

I sign out

OSANOBUA!!
Mr Pataki where are you?
babs is using Islamic mago mago to woo your pseudo chick Muki grin
he's even calling her baby!!
You ought to step up your game O
Re: Respecting Religions by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 16, 2007
muki abeg how is olabowale doing?
I emailed him but it returned undeliverable.
Tell him I'm praying for his speedy recovery, without ablution,I might add smiley
Re: Respecting Religions by mrpataki(m): 7:41pm On May 16, 2007
babs787:

@mukina

Since when did baby become babs slogan? Is it in the Koran? Never knew you can still loved for what you have upstairs lipsrsealed

babs787:

@pataki

I sign out

Dont run away shocked shocked shocked because I have more in stock for you to last you for the whole summer coming! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Respecting Religions by mrpataki(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2007
babyosisi:

OSANOBUA!!
Mr Pataki where are you?
babs is using Islamic mago mago to woo your pseudo chick Muki grin

. . . . . . . lol Babayosisi, I am not moved at all! wink cool It is actually the reverse system. If you check it out very well, you do see that it is Mukina actually that chases me all around. Let babs787 baby move on, Mukina already knows where her heart lies lipsrsealed cool
Re: Respecting Religions by mukina2: 10:35pm On May 16, 2007
babs do not mind them . cheesy

@babyosisi i havnt heard from Olabowale in a while too sad he was recovering .i do hope he's well sad

@ pataki yeah my heart lies in Islam and Arsenal got any problems with that? tongue
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 9:35am On May 17, 2007
@babyosis

OSANOBUA!!
Mr Pataki where are you?
babs is using Islamic mago mago to woo your pseudo chick Muki

You better caution that your yeye organogram pataki, he is beginning to thread where he is not supposed to. I wonder why the guy is not satisfied with all those christian babes in the likes of you, pilgrim, shahan, nosycheeks etc. He should know that babs has an edge over him so he should stop wasting him. grin grin grin

@pataki

Since when did baby become babs slogan? Is it in the Koran? Never knew you can still loved for what you have upstairs

Neither do I know when it becomes same in the Bible grin grin. I am a human being and that is your misconception about babs. Babs is a muslim and will remain one. Are you ok with that? cheesy cheesy

Dont run away    because I have more in stock for you to last you for the whole summer coming!  

No I don already take cover before you go get your balance. I am going to prepare myself for signing new players. I dont know why this yeye guy belongs to my team. You keep your stock till coming season grin grin grin and I do hope it is not perishable.

. . . . . . . lol Babayosisi, I am not moved at all!    It is actually the reverse system. If you check it out very well, you do see that it is Mukina actually that chases me all around. Let babs787 baby move on, Mukina already knows where her heart lies  

Mukina chase you, for where, you wey no dey clean up if you wee wee. You that has its backbone bent and cannot use like babs do. Common, I am sure babyosis, nosycheeks, pilgrim, shahan bus is not yet full, you can still manage and if its full, you can still  hang at the tailboard and if no chance again go to other fora or you can change to atheist where you will have the opportunity of meeting KAG (my secret admirer) but I doubt it if the likes of Nferyn, Reverend, Horus will allow you do that grin grin. As far as Mukina is concerned, nothing for you, she's comjing home and not going outside as you may be thinking. grin grin

@Mukina

babs do not mind them .

Sure, I am not even disturbed at all because he doesnt have the qualification to woo you. I stand the better chance and if he wants to, he should try to do as we do (muslims), then we will know if he is up to the standard.

Am worried with regards to Sir Olabowale. Its been long I heard from him. I missed him so much but I have been praying for him and will continue doing that.

Pataki doesnt know that it is better to die as a muslim that to be an unbeliever. See, left for me, I would have sacked Wenger. The reason for that is that I dont think we will collect any league next season because we have no possible replacement for our world class first 11. If any of our first 11 is injured, we have to bank on those toddlers that cant hold the ball very well let alone distribute passes efficiently. I would have sacked Lehman because he caused our inability to collect anything this season.
Re: Respecting Religions by nossycheek(f): 10:04am On May 17, 2007
Nossycheek is lying cool since blabs has proposed a ceasefire.

No more uranium bomb and obunike from the Massob warrior. But if they try touch my tail, chei dem go hear whim.

@stimulus
my e-mail add is roseapex.2006@yahoo.com

I just hope yahoo doesn't misbehave. You can leave your gsm no, I will call.

@babyosisi, pilgrim.1, thesilent1, david, olutomiwa et al it has been nice being with you on this forum. I am just taking a break to allow the muslims in the house to recover from their shock.

@nicer
I know you be happy for now

@IG
I didn't hear from you again. When I saw the name, I said, that must be cool as he bears same name with my hubby but then you misfired and I had no choice but to return fire for fire.

Alhaji Kazaure and Hauwa, wetin happen? We no come hear you again.

@mukina
I know you deliberately avoided me. No grudges against you, we just have to co-exist.

@KAG & Co

let me know when you cease being an atheist
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 10:52am On May 17, 2007
Nossycheek is lying cool since blabs has proposed a ceasefire.

No more uranium bomb and obunike from the Massob warrior. But if they try touch my tail, chei them go hear whim.

Look at this tolotolo praising herself. cheesy

@babyosisi, pilgrim.1, thesilent1, david, olutomiwa et al it has been nice being with you on this forum. I am just taking a break to allow the muslims in the house to recover from their shock.

Muslims can and will never experience any shock as long as religion is concerned. Take or leave it, it is the truth and it must be told. Didnt see that the fact has been established so no going round in circles.

Peace.
Re: Respecting Religions by nossycheek(f): 12:04pm On May 17, 2007
@blabs

Always on my tail huh? No worry, no more nightmares for you and co afterall the facts have been establised grin grin
Re: Respecting Religions by mukina2: 1:13pm On May 17, 2007
NoisychicNossy cheek grin tongue

dont mind me .

i dont bear no grudges against anyone .

we are all one .though i want some people to leave .they know themselves grin

one love cheesy
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2007
Insert Quote
@blabs

Always on my tail huh? No worry, no more nightmares for you and co afterall the facts have been establised

Yeye noisycheeks. Babs is not after you ooooooooooooo cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Christains Really Live Without Sinning? / Release Reverend King Now! / Can She Cook For Him During Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.